• 70 results
mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Black Panther & Midnighter (Current/Post Stormwatch)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Deathstroke (Post Crisis/Rebirth) & Spider-Man

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Standard morals
  • Standard gear
  • No prep
  • No knowledge
  • Win By KO, Incapacitation & Death
  • 30 meters apart
  • Info: No Doors for Midnighter, Parker Industries gear

No Caption Provided

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 with Midnighter was the MVP.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

bump

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

I make a lot of battles.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Edited the OP a little

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Does Spidey get the armor he has in that picture?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if Deathstroke only gets New52/Rebirth feats then I feel like he's a weak link. He might be with post-crisis feats as well.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed
deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: What makes him a weak-link? He has better physicals than Panther and can circumvent the Vibranium suit using Superman cutting promethium blade, for example.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@lanternbatman: I think he read the OP before my edit to Post Crisis feats included.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team 1

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: What makes it easy? It can go either way depending on who fights who first.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: In that case, I'm not too familiar on Midnighter, but considering Peter should be able to casually disable T'Challa with his acid webbing, I doubt Midnighter can take on the entire Team 2 at once. Further, considering the enhancements to Peter's physicals and versatility he gets in his armor, he may even be able to solo. Though, once again, I don't really know much about Midnighter.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeesh, Midnighter should comfortably solo, unless I'm missing something. Does Post-Stormwatch include his Authority feats?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lanternbatman: I think Panther and Slade are pretty much the same in terms of superhuman stats.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Black Panther vs Deathstroke: No clear victor – they've similar stats and skill; moreover, both have gear that ambiguously counters one another's in various esoteric ways.
  • Black Panther vs Spider-Man: Spider-Man decisively – Peter handily outpaced him recently and can just web him down since Panther has no means of escaping with current gear.
  • Midnighter vs Spider-Man: Midnighter decisively – He uses his speed much more effectively on a consistent basis and has the striking power, along with nerve strikes, to bring him down.
  • Midnighter vs Deathstroke: No clear victor – Midnighter's fast enough to never be tagged, but there isn't a whole lot he can do to Deathstroke in the Ikon suit aside from breaking his left arm.

As I see it, this fight is all about who ends up getting double-teamed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

@lanternbatman: I think Panther and Slade are pretty much the same in terms of superhuman stats.

I disagree. Panther is impressive because of gear, his physicals aren't as good and frankly I would say flat-out overrated. I've never seen Panther doing anything as impressive as giving bubbles, drawing considerable amounts of blood and getting Batman to struggle to walk or even breath with 3 clean hits like Deathstroke. Nor do I see him accomplishing speed feats such as completely blitzing down a casual bullet-timer like Batman, mauling Bronze Tiger (who in Rebirth defeated Batman in a spar purely because he's faster, going by Bruce's own admission), moving dozens of feet to blitz Black Canary and Green Arrow with the former being fast enough to destroy bullets with the Canary Cry before they can reach her and the latter being a casual high-end arrow timer, or being faster than Cassandra Cain by Cassie's own admission. Cassandra being fast enough to do this.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Midnighter should be able to solo.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elijah_c_washington: Is there a reason you believe Midnighter would beat Spider-Man decisively? Remember, Peter is wearing his armor which significantly amps his strength and durability, as well as has targeting capabilities and versatility in the form of 8 types of webbing as well as being able to lobotomize anyone who touches him. I don't know much about Midnighter so I'd like to see some feats for him which you believe would allow him to win that battle decisively.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Is there any reason you believe I'm lowballing Panther hard-core like you've been saying? Care to elaborate?

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Sure thing. I already gave my reasoning in the post you replied to, so I'll only bolster the claims I made therein with some feats.

He uses his speed much more effectively on a consistent basis.

This was worded very deliberately. I'm acknowledging that Spider-Man has a handful of really good feats that could be used to put him on par with Midnighter, but even when you give him the full benefit of the doubt and say that he's just as fast as him, Trent still uses his speed much wiser, and in nearly all of his appearances. Here he is vibrating his metal restraints apart between the blinks of Amanda Waller.

In his follow-up series, Midnighter & Apollo, he bullet-times casually without the use of his battle computer, even outrunning the bullets themselves before blitzing a magic bullet through the head of the bullet-catching Mawzir with his skull.

These are only two select showings; he's performed feats of superhuman speed since Midnighter (2015-) #1. Other feats I could cite include changing into his costume faster-than-eyesight, outrunning sniper fire, and humiliating Deadshot.

Has the striking power to bring him down.

With his superhuman strength and battle computer, Midnighter has bloodied the likes of Etrigan, Parasite, and Apollo. In terms of pure standalone feats, he also crushed Nth Metal with his fists as explained in Deathstroke (2011-) #4. This is the same series where Deathstroke's Nth Metal armor withstood a flying bullrush from a character over 100 tons and no-sold an explosion that completely leveled a multistory apartment building.

Hopefully this helps give you an idea of what I'm talking about in my previous post.

michaelfnshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elijah_c_washington: How's midnighter durability like?
And I don't think his precog would save him from someone with a more powerful precognition like Spidey

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelfnshotz: His durability is admittedly less impressive than his speed or striking power. His best showing so far was brushing off being hurled upward through a secret underground bunker into the air before falling back down to the street.

I wouldn't say spider sense is more powerful than the battle computer as it does everything the former can and more. Here he is running a fight through his head one million times for every round Deadshot chambered when he was spamming.

No Caption Provided

He does end up taking a shot here but it was only to prove to Floyd how hopeless he really was. For the record, I don't think Spider-Man has any feats of dodging as good a marksman for as long as Midnighter did, least of all having done it so casually.

michaelfnshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elijah_c_washington: Ah. well H2H he hasn't beaten notable fighters relatively on spidey level (skill wise) to my knowledge

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelfnshotz: He defeated a fully prepared Prometheus without his battle computer. Prometheus was trolling Vixen in close quarters.

michaelfnshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By michaelfnshotz

@elijah_c_washington: Really? That... i didn't know.

Vixen's meh... do you really wanna compare her to Spidey?

Also, I don't think that would really be Midnighter's best durability feat, he's tanked attacks that levelled a city

His h2h performances with Grifter don't inspire confidence imo. Even with Grifter's other abilities.

Pete's learned to figured out how to fight around body/mind reading abilities before, so Idk if Mid's super computer is going to help him here and I don't think he's a great enough martial artist alone to clinch it.

Prometheus is as shaky as Taskmaster with less rationale as to how come. It's impressive if we go by peak Prometheus though, I'll give you that. I still don't think I'd put those odds over Pete

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Midnighter could be argued as a Mid Tier tbh (Wildstorm incarnation at-least). He's damaged people who have tanked nukes, can out run bullets, has doors and has a battle computer that can tell every possible scenario in a certain situation.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lanternbatman: I'm not disputing Slade's speed of course, but T'Challa has similar speed feats. He speed blitzed Karnak who has cut a bullet in half, completely dissapeared in front of a group of people, dodged FTE punches from bloodlusted Iron Fist while underwater and he has also out-sped people like Wolverine and Captain America.

That's why I think they are around the same level.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelfnshotz:

Vixen's meh... do you really wanna compare her to Spidey?

I wouldn't compare her to Spidey but effortlessly outpacing someone I would call a solid mid street through skill alone is still an impressive feat. When he fought Midnighter he had also already wounded him by stabbing him through the abdomen with a large kitchen knife. Prometheus goes as far to mention Batman, Lady Shiva, one of Karate Kid's ancestors, as well as Midnighter himself as four of thirty people he had copied beforehand. Here's the first three pages of their fight.

What has Spider-Man done skill-wise that compares to beating Prometheus under these circumstances?

Also, I don't think that would really be Midnighter's best durability feat, he's tanked attacks that levelled a city

Why are you telling me about a character you came to me with questions about? He has not done this post-Flashpoint and I wouldn't even say Wildstorm Midnighter has city-level durability.

His h2h performances with Grifter don't inspire confidence imo. Even with Grifter's other abilities.

He fought Grifter two times post-Flashpoint and neither were post-Stormwatch. Regardless this was back when Midnighter didn't even have his battle computer, just pure body reading and stats. He stomped him the first time around and they fought evenly in the second when he had his telekinesis which was a lot more powerful in the New-52 than it was in Wildstorm. Neither are as low of showings as you're making them out to be. Midnighter still has other hand-to-hand feats like soloing a dozen metahuman assassins who were giving characters like Red Hood and Katana trouble individually in Batman & Robin Eternal #25. I don't have the scans at the moment but it was mostly off-panel anyway.

Pete's learned to figured out how to fight around body/mind reading abilities before, so Idk if Mid's super computer is going to help him here and I don't think he's a great enough martial artist alone to clinch it.

You'll at least need to name the characters you're referring to if you aren't going to provide scans or citations. The battle computer doesn't fall under either body reading or telepathy in the first place so you're really leaping to conclusions here.

Prometheus is as shaky as Taskmaster with less rationale as to how come. It's impressive if we go by peak Prometheus though, I'll give you that. I still don't think I'd put those odds over Pete

Taskmaster is on the higher end of mid street and has faced Spider-Man and other Spider characters like Spider-Woman and Venom mostly just through raw skill. He's even copied Peter's agility. Not sure how you think making that comparison is furthering your argument. But now you're saying that even if we were talking about peak Prometheus, which we're not, this still wouldn't do what? Make Midnighter more skilled than Spider-Man? What can you do to substantiate these claims?

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elijah_c_washington:

He fought Grifter two times post-Flashpoint and neither were post-Stormwatch.

He actually fought Grifter again after Orlando got his hands on him and got his battle computer established. Grayson issue 18 if you want the issues.Fought a team of 6 blokes, most of whom I don't remember the name of, but Grifter and Bronze Tiger were among them. Not all of the fight is shown, but from what we're shown, shows him dismantling that whole team by himself:

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By blackspidey2099

@elijah_c_washington:

This was worded very deliberately. I'm acknowledging that Spider-Man has a handful of really good feats that could be used to put him on par with Midnighter, but even when you give him the full benefit of the doubt and say that he's just as fast as him, Lucas still uses his speed much smarter, and in nearly everyone of his appearances. Here he is vibrating his metal restraints apart between the blinks of Amanda Waller.

This is admittedly very impressive and Spider-Man most certainly doesn't use his combat speed in that way. However, it doesn't really matter since Spidey will have no issues tagging Midnighter with the lenses and targeting system in his mask, which helped him tag the likes of Cloak and even Blur, both of whom should be quicker than Midnighter. At best, Midnighter is a bit quicker than Spider-Man IMO.

With his superhuman strength and battle computer, Midnighter has bloodied the likes of Etrigan, Parasite, and Apollo. In terms of pure standalone feats, he also crushed Nth Metal with his fists as explained in Deathstroke (2011-) #4. This is the same series where Deathstroke's Nth Metal armor withstood a flying bullrush from a character over 100 tons and no-sold an explosion that completely leveled a multistory apartment building.

What sorts of durability feats do Etrigan and Apollo have? Parasite is a Superman villain who grows stronger depending on who he touches or something, right? In that case, who's powers did Parasite have? Spider-Man's armor has been able to tank hits from people who can one-shot vibranium shields, destroy mountains, and hurt the likes of WWH, so unless Parasite or those other guys had high tier level durability, I'm not sure how much damage Midnighter can do to Peter with the armor on. Midnighter's best chance to damage Peter would be to use slashing/piercing weapons, though IDK if Midnighter has any.

Based on the durability feats you showed for Midnighter in your other post, I'm confident Peter could one-shot him if he so desired.

(BTW, I can post scans and/or sources for any of those feats if you need me to, but I'm just feeling kinda lazy at the moment :P)

@king-ragnar:

He's damaged people who have tanked nukes, can out run bullets, has doors and has a battle computer that can tell every possible scenario in a certain situation.

The battle computer seems pretty damn impressive. How does he ever lose if he has that thing? TBF, Spider-Man can use his Spider-Sense in that way as well, though it's far from consistent. In his armor, Spider-Man's done a lot better than tank nukes - in fact, he's tanked energy blasts with more power than even the Tsar Bomba. What are doors? Is that like teleportation? Though OP banned them here anyways LOL.

michaelfnshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By michaelfnshotz

@elijah_c_washington: As I said, it's impressive if we assume Prom at peak and not at shaky like he can tend to be. Idk if I'm leaping or reaching, Spidey has outskilled a hax that ought not have a defense sans telepathic psy-blockers. It's not unthinkable he'd have a response for a battle computer. I think my argument is that Taskmaster is shaky between being someone skilled enough to fight 2 Spideys at the same time *and* being someone who loses to one Spidey with a team mate. He's hardly as consistent as a peak level performer and often jobs in fights he has no business jobbing. Prom isn't totally dissimilar from that.

and IIRC Spidey's defeated Shang with the way of the spider. infact he's blocked out somebody from messing with his mind recently..

Anymore skill feats from Midnighter that's arguably Batman wise?

When did Midnighter ever crush Slade's armor?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Midnighter is post Flashpoint not Wildstorm without his stormwatch feat since I wasn't sure how canon they were back then.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelfnshotz:

When did Midnighter ever crush Slade's armor?

Well, he didn't crush is, but he did damage it. Before the retcon happened after rebirth, Midnighter was the one who killed Grant Wilson, you can see his chinspike where they show his death in Deathstroke vol 2 issue 6. Grant's armor was the same as Slade, i.e Nth metal:

See all the cracks in Grants armor?
See all the cracks in Grants armor?

Midnighter is post Flashpoint not Wildstorm without his stormwatch feat since I wasn't sure how canon they were back then.

Steve Orlando already confirmed that the Midnighter from Stormwatch is the same Midnighter who appears in Batman and Robin Eternal, Grayson, as well as the solo series he wrote. @elijah_c_washington should have the tweet screenshot. I lost mine where I lost all my scans a few months ago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94:

I'm not disputing Slade's speed of course, but T'Challa has similar speed feats. He speed blitzed Karnak who has cut a bullet in half,

No, he didn't. Punching a bullet-timer twice before he could react isn't a blitz. By that logic, any character who tags a bullet-timer is a bullet-timer blitzer. What Deathstroke did is an actual blitz however: hitting Batman a considerable amount of times (8 times, to be exact) in the face before he could react, with clean, meaningful strikes. Not to mention the Karnak bullet-cutting feat happened years later, in the same period that Karnak was basically reinvented, so I fail to see the relevance.

completely dissapeared in front of a group of people, dodged FTE punches from bloodlusted Iron Fist while underwater

Am I supposed to be impressed? Batman has faster-than-eyesight feats and Cassandra Cain blitzed an entire mansion in seconds at faster-than-eyesight speeds (something far above moving faster-than-eyesight a few feet, or even dozens of feet, given she crossed an entire mansion at FTE speeds) . Slade blitzed the latter and was faster than Cassie by her own admission.

and he has also out-sped people like Wolverine and Captain America.

Wolverine is iffy, all he did was evade him. Logan did say "Wow! fast" or something to that effect but it's hard to say if he was just impressed by his speed and that implies they're on a similar level, or something else. As for Cap, can I see the scan? Regardless out-speeding Captain America isn't on the same level as moving dozens of feet and blitzing a bullet timer like Black Canary and a high-end arrow timer like Green Arrow in Green Arrow Vol. 3 #75:

Not to mention actually blitzing and mauling down a character faster than Batman (Bronze Tiger) by a solid margin is well above just "out-speeding Captain America." I really don't see Black Panther replicating a feat such as moving so fast that the world is in complete slow-motion in The New Titans #73, or managing to go through the absurdly quick blades of a fan in the New Titans #75:

That's why I think they are around the same level.

Not really. They're especially not on the same level in regards to reaction times. Black Panther literally has <one> bullet-timing feat of flipping over an old-ass handgun bullet, in his <entire> publication history. Deathstroke jumps in several feet and slices machine gunfire out of the air from 3 directions, contorts his body around dozens of machine bullets from a few feet away, dodges bullets shot inches from his face, effortlessly weaves and flips through dozens of machine gunfire bullets, and more. Flipping over a <single> handgun bullet isn't impressive.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter can solo

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@vertigo-: I can change it if needed but I don't think Midnighter is without the feats to hurt Spider-Man. Which is the only relevant feats I've seen from his stormwatch appearances.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spidey can beat midnighter and slade beats panther.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really out of the loop with Current Midnighter.....

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@laflux: He hasn't appeared since apollo and midnighter.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vertigo-

@mr_ingenuity said:

@vertigo-: I can change it if needed but I don't think Midnighter is without the feats to hurt Spider-Man. Which is the only relevant feats I've seen from his stormwatch appearances.

Well, what you decide is up to you. I would agree that even without Stormwatch feats, he can still hurt Spider-Man. I was just letting you know about the cannon of his Stormwatch feats, since you seemed unsure.