• 59 results
#1 Edited by Sexy Merc (42478 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

VS 

No Caption Provided

Rules:

- There are 2 rounds. 
- Round 1: Dinah doesn't have her Canary Cry. 
- Round 2: Dinah has her Canary Cry.
- There is no preparation.
- Character morals are on.
- Win by all conventional means.
- Fight takes place:

- They start off 30 feet away and the city is unpopulated.
#2 Posted by Magian (151774 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Wolverine
Round 2: Black Canary

#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (34512 posts) - - Show Bio
I'll take Wolverine for round 1. Presuming he's fighting at an acceptable level and isn't fooling around. Even though it's possible he could still win, regardless.

Since morals are on in both rounds, I doubt Dinah would use the canary cry from the get go in round 2, but I'd give the edge to her in that one.
#4 Posted by Sexy Merc (42478 posts) - - Show Bio

Edited the location.

#5 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio

Round one to Wolverine  

Round Two I give to BC because (  unpopulated.) area will allow her to unleash her full cry...and no one wants to be in the path of it.

#6 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

1.  Wolverine
 2.  Dinah 

Because they know nothing about each other Wolverine takes the first round because of that.  He won't take it easily, but he'll win none the less.  Second round, Dinah can easily take it, with Wolverine's enhanced hearing he's weak to noises above certain decibels and Dinah's cry is the deciding factor.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Wolverine
Round 2: Wolverine

Their fighting skills may be equal but Wolverine can take the canary cry easily and heal from it although Black Canary prefers to use it only on superpowered foes. In a straight fight such as this one, she would be hesitant to use it. However, she would eventually resort to it. Also, Logan's claws can do some serious damage.

#8 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger:  Wolverine has been shown to be weak to noise's over certain decibels thanks to his enhanced senses.  The sound itself would put Wolverine down, not down as in dead but down as in unconscious.
#9 Posted by Sexy Merc (42478 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing what Logan is capable of, I don't think she'd refrain from using the Canary Cry.

#10 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Wolverine, but only if he utilizes his skills. He has been humiliated by martial artists several times as a result of his tendency to fight in a more savage, unconditioned manner. 
2. Canary should win. 

#11 Posted by Tesseract (870 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I would go with Wolverine if he is portrayed as a marshal artist the way he should be, not some savage who just waves his blades at his opponent. 
2. I would go with Dinah although I don't know if in her battles she opens with her canary cry, cause if she doesn't Logan could get a couple of good shots, but most of the wins go to her.

#12 Posted by Night Thrasher (3820 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary both accounts 

#13 Posted by Renee (10398 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
"Round 1: Wolverine Round 2: Black Canary "
#14 Edited by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
Round one:  
I assume that Logan will fight like a real fighter here, then he should win.  
But even if he wouldn't utilize his skills and he was fighting more like he usually does then i would still give a slight majority to him.  
Canary is not aware of Logan's healing and durability so she would have a hard time putting him down. And i'm pretty sure that even if Logan will make some sloppy moves, eventually he should be able to take the win, since canary won't use her cry. 

Round 2: 
 I would give a slight majority to Canary. 
Even though she won't use her cry from the beginning of the battle, if she realized how difficult is, to put Logan down, the she might use it and beat him. 
=]
#15 Posted by riri4life (7684 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins both rounds.

#16 Posted by Sexy Merc (42478 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#17 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" Round one:  
I assume that Logan will fight like a real fighter here, then he should win.  
But even if he wouldn't utilize his skills and he was fighting more like he usually does then i would still give a slight majority to him.  
Canary is not aware of Logan's healing and durability so she would have a hard time putting him down. And i'm pretty sure that even if Logan will make some sloppy moves, eventually he should be able to take the win, since canary won't use her cry. 

Round 2:  I would give a slight majority to Canary. Even though she won't use her cry from the beginning of the battle, if she realized how difficult is, to put Logan down, the she might use it and beat him. =] "
#18 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15:  Co-signing Spidey?  =P
#19 Posted by Sexy Merc (42478 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: 

-_-

I was hoping for more input.

: p

I think Wolverine in 1 and Dinah in 2 sounds good though.
#20 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
" @spidey 15:  Co-signing Spidey?  =P "
Co-signing yourself is awesome...lol 

@Sexy Merc: -____-
#21 Posted by Sexy Merc (42478 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: Don't make me punch you through the internet.

: p
#22 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: Are you talking to me?! 

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME???!!!! 
>___<
#23 Posted by Sexy Merc (42478 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15:  Yes sir!

I DON'T LIKE REPEATING MYSELF!!!!
<___>
#24 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: Ok, if you want a fight, i will fight you. 
I am spidey, you are Storm. 
=P 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
#25 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5902 posts) - - Show Bio

R1) Wolverine 
R2) Black Canary

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
#26 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5902 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: KO, Spider-Man wins, Perfect lol
#27 Posted by Sexy Merc (42478 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: 

I'd never be Storm fool.

By the way, did rby get banned?
#28 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@saiyan_earthling: Yayyyy! lol 

@Sexy Merc: Ok, you are kingpin then. 

No Caption Provided
LOL 

And yes....rby get banned and to be honest, i missed him....lol 
=P
#29 Posted by Sexy Merc (42478 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: I look like Kingpin in real life.

Let's take a peak under that mask...and pants while we're at it.

LOL, kidding.

I don't think rby was that bad to be honest. I'd rather have other people banned before him.
#30 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: LOL! 

Yeah, true. Even though he was pretty annoying sometimes, i would prefer to see other people get banned. 
He was one of my friends after all. 
=]
#31 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita:  When has Wolverine been taken down by high frequency sounds?
#32 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger:  Many times.  He's even stated it himself.  I need to find the scans though, but they're there.
#33 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita:  OK I see. Makes sense because he has enhanced senses he uses for tracking. Why didn't I think of that?
#34 Posted by Morpheus_ (34512 posts) - - Show Bio
Grey Hulk used repeated thunderclaps, which, in combination to Wolverine's enhanced hearing, nearly caused him to collapse. He did fight through it, though, and the fight ended in a stalemate.
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
#35 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio

Dinah has also been quoted by Lady Shiva and others as one of the greatest hand to hand fighters around... I would say  

1. Wolverine (but very very very close) 
2. Dinah, there is no way with her scream she would not take him out.

#36 Edited by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: BTW, i would like to ask you something that i'm not sure about. 

If the OP states that morals are on, does that mean that the characters will fight like they usually do or they can still fight at the best of their ability but they just won't kill? 
=]
#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (34512 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" @Morpheus_: BTW, i would like to ask you something that i'm not sure about.  If the OP states that morals are on, does that mean that the characters will fight like they usually do or they can still fight at the best of their ability but they just won't kill? =] "
Sometimes, the default rules can be a bit contradicting. They state that characters fight at the best of their ability, but within the limits of their personality. However, most characters rarely perform at their best unless under extreme circumstances. Therefore I tend to believe characters will act in a serious manner in combat without overstepping their self-imposed limitations (Spider-Man, or Superman will not kill, Wolverine, or Black Adam would have no problem with it, etch.).
#38 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: I see your point but it's not exactly what i asked, maybe i wasn't clear. 

According to battle forum rules( as you know ) the characters will fight at their best, within the limits of their personality unless stated otherwise. 

If the OP states that morals are on, then how exactly the characters will act? Will the fight like they usually does( like spider-man, who constantly holds back and he does not one shot inferior opponents ), or they will fight at their best but they won't just kill( since their morals will prevent them to do so)? 

=]
Avatar image for rosencrantz_guildenstern
#39 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (299 posts) - - Show Bio

There's also at least one example where Wolverine survives a high frequency shriek without losing consciousness: in the one shot Wolverine: Roar. Of course, with the fine mechanics of his ears trashed, he wouldn't have very much sense of balance till he regenerates, so even if he stays on his feet after a Canary Cry, Black Canary would very likely take him down before he's healed,unless Wolvie manages to temporally vanish.

#40 Posted by Morpheus_ (34512 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" @Morpheus_: I see your point but it's not exactly what i asked, maybe i wasn't clear.  According to battle forum rules( as you know ) the characters will fight at their best, within the limits of their personality unless stated otherwise.  If the OP states that morals are on, then how exactly the characters will act? Will the fight like they usually does( like spider-man, who constantly holds back and he does not one shot inferior opponents ), or they will fight at their best but they won't just kill( since their morals will prevent them to do so)? =] "
Morals on is not the same as with characters acting at their best. With morals on, I assume that Spider-Man, p.e. will goof around for the most part.
#41 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Oh, i see. Thank you. 
=]
#42 Posted by Night Thrasher (3820 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Black Canary on both accounts b/c IMO Wolverine is totally overrated as a fighter. He is said to be an expert in martial arts with centuries of experience. But, it seems all his fights end up the same; Wolverine gets his ice handed to him until he goes into "berserker rage". Dinah is more skilled and should be able to handle any "berserker rage" from Logan.

#43 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night Thrasher: When Logan actually utilize his skills, he is more like this 
 =]

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11
#44 Posted by Night Thrasher (3820 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: I guess, he doesn't perform at that level most of the time. Plus, the only respectable opponent there was Cap. So, yeah Logan is skilled, but to me he's overrated. Mr. X handed it to him, so did Spider-Man, Psylocke, Hulk, Lady Deathstrike, Cyber, Omega Red, Sabretooth, etc....then he goes in "berserker rage". 
Avatar image for rosencrantz_guildenstern
#45 Edited by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night Thrasher: 
Mr X had some minor telepathic talent, so his advantage wasn't based purely on his finesse. He had difficulties facing Logan when he went berserk. And also, since Hama, Logan is supposed to have at least some level of tactical awareness while in berserker mode. I think he's roughly equal to Spidey (depends of the situation), and was able to defeat Sabes and Yuriko a couple of times. As for losing to the Hulk.. well I would't write that on account of his lack of skills...

Nice avatar btw ;)
#46 Edited by Morpheus_ (34512 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern said:

" @Night Thrasher:  Mr X had some minor telepathic talent, so his advantage wasn't based purely on his finesse. He had difficulties facing Logan when he went berserk."

He perfected his skill in order to counter Logan's animalistic rage. But, despite the fact that he has stated he is a master of every form known to man (and even some extraterrestrial ones), his mental talents give him a great advantage indeed.
#47 Posted by spidey 15 (17883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night Thrasher said:
" @spidey 15: I guess, he doesn't perform at that level most of the time. Plus, the only respectable opponent there was Cap. So, yeah Logan is skilled, but to me he's overrated. Mr. X handed it to him, so did Spider-Man, Psylocke, Hulk, Lady Deathstrike, Cyber, Omega Red, Sabretooth, etc....then he goes in "berserker rage".  "
Of course he doesn't perform at that level most of the time but if we assume he is fighting at the best of his ability, he should be like in my scans if not better. 
I don't think his opponent really matter but what he did against him is what actually matters. If you see he beaten one of his opponent with just one hit, one pressure point. 
Then we see some flashbacks where he use his own training to counter some of his opponent's attacks. 
Also i think he beaten cap twice and he also beaten daredevil once by putting him in a headlock and he also beaten Shang chi too. IMO these are pretty good feats. 
Some of the people that you mentioned, Logan had beaten them too. Also losing to Hulk doesn't show any lack of skills imo. Spidey was able to give him trouble in some of their times but logan was able to give him trouble too in other fights. But the only real fight they had, ended in a stalemate. 

I wouldn't say that Logan is overrated. He has shown some pretty good skill feats and if you combine his skills with his durability and healijg, he can be a very dangerous opponent. 
The problem with him is that most of the time he is fighting more like a savage man other than a real fighter. 
But if he is fighting at the best of his ability then he can be pretty good. 
=] 
#48 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Canary will look to beat Logan with purely her fighting skills. However, Logan's equal martial arts skill coupled with his enhanced strength, speed, agility and claws means he wins the first round.
Round 2: After underestimating Wolverine, Canary uses her Canary cry on him which due to his enhanced senses should quickly KO him.

#49 Posted by Aphile (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine on both occassions

#50 Posted by charlieboy (7179 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolvie first round because canary can't hurt him h2h. Canary second round.