Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barry Flash

VS

Who Would Win?

Give reason and logical answers please.

And, sorry if this has already been made.

Avatar image for doctor_brimstone
Doctor Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Doctor Brimstone

They did battle in 52, and Adam appeared to be the victor, but if I was writing the story of their battle, I'd call it ultimately a draw. Reasons? I'm not sure if they can actually hurt each other if they are all-out using their abilities. Adam's physical attributes and invulnerability alone are superior to Martian Manhunter's, and I don't think MM can really hurt Adam in a purely physical brawl. Psychically he can't overcome the godly inner strength that Mehen provides Adam for long (in 52 he wound up catatonic). He could try phasing Black Adam into a solid surface, but the magical nature of his invulnerability makes attacks like that a lot less effective on him than on others. Captain Marvel has been turned inside out by a tesseract bomb and it didn't even phase him. T.O. Tomorrow on the other hand teleported the equivalent of a major astronomical event inside Adam's skull to even knock him temporarily unconscious. That's some serious invulnerability.

On the other hand, MM's powers of intangibility and shapeshifting make it tough for Adam to hurt him as well. The only hope I can see for Adam to really incapacitate MM is to dimensionally teleport him away, and then leave him stranded, or if the magic lightning can somehow harm his intangible form. Of course the knowledge of Zehuti might give Adam ideas I haven't thought of... So a draw, or if I had to pick a winner, I'd say Black Adam.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Doctor Brimstone says:

"They did battle in 52, and Adam appeared to be the victor, but if I was writing the story of their battle, I'd call it ultimately a draw. Reasons? I'm not sure if they can actually hurt each other if they are all-out using their abilities. Adam's physical attributes and invulnerability alone are superior to Martian Manhunter's, and I don't think MM can really hurt Adam in a purely physical brawl. Psychically he can't overcome the godly inner strength that Mehen provides Adam for long (in 52 he wound up catatonic). He could try phasing Black Adam into a solid surface, but the magical nature of his invulnerability makes attacks like that a lot less effective on him than on others. Captain Marvel has been turned inside out by a tesseract bomb and it didn't even phase him. T.O. Tomorrow on the other hand teleported the equivalent of a major astronomical event inside Adam's skull to even knock him temporarily unconscious. That's some serious invulnerability.On the other hand, MM's powers of intangibility and shapeshifting make it tough for Adam to hurt him as well. The only hope I can see for Adam to really incapacitate MM is to dimensionally teleport him away, and then leave him stranded, or if the magic lightning can somehow harm his intangible form. Of course the knowledge of Zehuti might give Adam ideas I haven't thought of... So a draw, or if I had to pick a winner, I'd say Black Adam."

Nice post.

Avatar image for doctor_brimstone
Doctor Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Doctor Brimstone

Thanks!

Sasuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Sasuke

Doctor Brimstone says:

"They did battle in 52, and Adam appeared to be the victor, but if I was writing the story of their battle, I'd call it ultimately a draw. Reasons? I'm not sure if they can actually hurt each other if they are all-out using their abilities. Adam's physical attributes and invulnerability alone are superior to Martian Manhunter's, and I don't think MM can really hurt Adam in a purely physical brawl. Psychically he can't overcome the godly inner strength that Mehen provides Adam for long (in 52 he wound up catatonic). He could try phasing Black Adam into a solid surface, but the magical nature of his invulnerability makes attacks like that a lot less effective on him than on others. Captain Marvel has been turned inside out by a tesseract bomb and it didn't even phase him. T.O. Tomorrow on the other hand teleported the equivalent of a major astronomical event inside Adam's skull to even knock him temporarily unconscious. That's some serious invulnerability.On the other hand, MM's powers of intangibility and shapeshifting make it tough for Adam to hurt him as well. The only hope I can see for Adam to really incapacitate MM is to dimensionally teleport him away, and then leave him stranded, or if the magic lightning can somehow harm his intangible form. Of course the knowledge of Zehuti might give Adam ideas I haven't thought of... So a draw, or if I had to pick a winner, I'd say Black Adam."

Everything you said is right and let me just add for people how would bring up MM mental powers. He tried that on BA in there fight in 52 and BA over powered him so thats out.

Black Adam FTW
Post Edited:2008-03-05 23:08:22

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By King_Saturn

Black Adam would win. He is just so Badazz. He was ripping people to shreds in 52.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sync

the fact off how black adam took on , almost all of the dc bigguys and handed them their @$$ on a sliver platter, says to me he wins this.

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DragonGateAcer

althought mm has great physical power its not on adams par the only hope is to outsmart him if he can do that he wins but in a phyical confrontation adam takes it.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MKF30

MMH
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MKF30

I do think however that BA would give MMH a rough time at first anyway, til MMH realizes once he can do to him. Unlike Supes, the same tricks won't work on MMH
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ownerz

Manhunter takes this

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Nighthunter

Martian Manhunter

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By NightFang3

Martian Manhunter - He has way more power.

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By capall

ba
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ownerz

Manhunter easy, BA has nothing

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pooty

MM wins. That thing in 52 was pure PIS. He has contacted the entire planet on many occassions with out going crazy.  you notice that they made sure BA didn't fight him like he did Wilderbeast or what other lightweights he killed. he can also regenerate from almost nothing.

zachyhavik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zachyhavik

The Martian Manhunter, the dude has it all.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn
@Ownerz said:
" Manhunter easy, BA has nothing "
I dont know why you hate Black Adam so much...
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn
testing 1,2,3...
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ownerz

Yeah Manhunter should have taken that fight easy 

BA sucks compared to MM

@King Saturn said:

" I dont know why you hate Black Adam so much... "

not hate, its logic and some of the threads he is put in are just stupid
BA has been put in all kinds of dumb battle threads, somebody put him in a thread vs Pre Crisis Superman and even Silver Age Superman. I'm not sure he has a chance against Jobberseid yet alone to be able to provide any kind of a challenge to a Pre Crisis character.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

It certainly won't be easy but I can see J'onn pulling it out with a varied attack . His strength is that he can attack in so many different ways and from so many different directions. His abilities really make him a kind of Swiss Army knife type character. Between the telepathic assault, and the shapeshifting, and the intangibility, and the super strength, and speed and Martian visio i think he can defeat Black Adam, especially if he gets in his head.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AtPhantom
@Ownerz said:
"
@King Saturn said:

" I dont know why you hate Black Adam so much... "

not hate, its logic"
No dude, it's hate. Adam has been handling DC their collective a$$es for the last ten years. There's no logical reason to assume he's weak, or that he's lower than Superman or anything. All you have are scans of Billy possessed by a powerful magical entity depowering him, and this we're supposed to take as a sign of weakness or anything...
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ownerz

He fails to beat Superman or Supergirl despite their vulnerability to magical attacks 

Adam is an over rated f*cking joke, he can barely beat a depowered Billy
BA has no chance v Manhunter, he's put in threads v Odin and SA Superman for crying out loud Black Adam is one of the most over-rated characters in battles. his feats boil down to PIS.

Current Superman would still kick his ass

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AtPhantom
@Ownerz said:
" He fails to beat Superman or Supergirl despite their vulnerability to magical attacks   Adam is an over rated f*cking joke, he can barely beat a depowered Billy BA has no chance v Manhunter, he's put in threads v Odin and SA Superman for crying out loud Black Adam is one of the most over-rated characters in battles. his feats boil down to PIS.  Current Superman would still kick his ass "
I love this.
Superman and Black Adam fought once in a battle neither was interested in.  And yet you think this should have ended in a bloody curbstomp?Come freaking on. Think for once.

He one shotted Billy on several occasions. 

And I agree, he shouldn't be put in threads against Zeus or Odin or even Manhunter, but that doesn't give you the right to go to the other way into extreme and claim he would to people he can't lose to.
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jx4gz

ownerz is a bigger troll then omegared86

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By loganreme

J'onn
Avatar image for ikilledasharktoday
iKilledaSharkToday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MM

Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ownerz

a weakened Billy has also one-shot Adam, many times

Manhunter is a different brick, he is far smarter and has a larger range of attacks than Billy. The only way Adam can pull of a win is through PIS

Arvinak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Arvinak

This thread went from all BA, to all MM, its crazy, but I would have to go with a draw, if there had to be a winner, I would go Black Adam, I just can't see MM beating him and Martian Manhunter is one of my favorite characters. So I am not being Bias or anything. I also like how people disregard the comic fight, just because they disagree, people if it happened, it happened, there are many outcomes I disagree with in comics, but what can I say it's there.

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BIackFlash

J'onn defeats him, his loss to BA was PIS to the extreme

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By vuviper
@Doctor Brimstone said:
"

They did battle in 52, and Adam appeared to be the victor, but if I was writing the story of their battle, I'd call it ultimately a draw. Reasons? I'm not sure if they can actually hurt each other if they are all-out using their abilities. Adam's physical attributes and invulnerability alone are superior to Martian Manhunter's, and I don't think MM can really hurt Adam in a purely physical brawl. Psychically he can't overcome the godly inner strength that Mehen provides Adam for long (in 52 he wound up catatonic). He could try phasing Black Adam into a solid surface, but the magical nature of his invulnerability makes attacks like that a lot less effective on him than on others. Captain Marvel has been turned inside out by a tesseract bomb and it didn't even phase him. T.O. Tomorrow on the other hand teleported the equivalent of a major astronomical event inside Adam's skull to even knock him temporarily unconscious. That's some serious invulnerability.

On the other hand, MM's powers of intangibility and shapeshifting make it tough for Adam to hurt him as well. The only hope I can see for Adam to really incapacitate MM is to dimensionally teleport him away, and then leave him stranded, or if the magic lightning can somehow harm his intangible form. Of course the knowledge of Zehuti might give Adam ideas I haven't thought of... So a draw, or if I had to pick a winner, I'd say Black Adam.

"
First with physical attributes, even if BA did have better strength and invulnerability than MM, MM can augment his with shapeshifting, variable density, variable size. 

BA's victory over MM was PIS in WWIII, but there are a lot things you can take from it
No Caption Provided

OK MM is able to use his telepathy and BA barely has control of his body managing to say Shazam
 OK MM is able to use his telepathy and BA barely has control of his body managing to say Shazam

MM later says BA won by calling
 MM later says BA won by calling "fire from the sky" but MM is not weak to lighting, or to heat, he has psychological fear of fire (which me also isn't really supposed to have anymore anyway) Lighting basically taking him out in one shot is PIS

He's been in everyone's head before with no problem and made the joker sane, PIS. this is also supported later in the storyline
 He's been in everyone's head before with no problem and made the joker sane, PIS. this is also supported later in the storyline

He says here that BA's mind isn't unique, MM has seen death before etc.
 He says here that BA's mind isn't unique, MM has seen death before etc.

And here it's reversed, MM gives BA his pain of losing Mars. he describes what BA gave him as just a grain of sand compared to his own pain.
 And here it's reversed, MM gives BA his pain of losing Mars. he describes what BA gave him as just a grain of sand compared to his own pain.

About whether MM could harm BA just look at how both of them faired against S boy prime. Also

Yes, BA took on a lot of heroes, but listen here MM states that he is not the most powerful or fastest or strongest one there, but most fierce. Since i always argue in threads w/o PIS w/o CIS and to the full extent of their powers, his ferocity matters little.
 Yes, BA took on a lot of heroes, but listen here MM states that he is not the most powerful or fastest or strongest one there, but most fierce. Since i always argue in threads w/o PIS w/o CIS and to the full extent of their powers, his ferocity matters little.

Besides, MM is taking on these powerhouses who think that he has become evil (due to his evil brother you see there punching superman while invisible)
 Besides, MM is taking on these powerhouses who think that he has become evil (due to his evil brother you see there punching superman while invisible)

Martian look at the next page
 Martian look at the next page

Notice his face is now melted
 Notice his face is now melted
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FLCL1
@Nighthunter said:
"Martian Manhunter "
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Black Adam

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BatDance

Manhunter STOMPS Black Adam

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vuviper
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Black Adam "
por que?
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@vuviper said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" Black Adam "
por que? "
Intangibility and mind attacks only go so far BA is still faster stronger and a better fighter
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
J'onn. Viper offered a nice analysis on their recent encounters, as well.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vuviper

@Son_of_Magnus said:

" @vuviper said:

" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" Black Adam "
por que? "
Intangibility and mind attacks only go so far BA is still faster stronger and a better fighter "
Intangability can go very far, and as you can see from the scans above, mind attacks could also, if MM didn't walk up to BA so he could Shazam him, BA would never have been able to move from that spot. For strength, BA may be stronger, I've often seen people refer to him as stronger, but I've never seen any clear evidence. 

MM vs Superboy
 MM vs Superboy
 Superboy vs BA
 Superboy vs BA

But more seriously, even if Black Adam had a strength advantage, MM can increase his strength with density and size alteration

Little MM
 Little MM
 Big MM
 Big MM

Black Adam probably has a fighting ability advantage but that's where his advantages end, MM's list, however, goes on :
Durability (near superman invuln+increase density+healing factor/molecular manipulation)
Reach(elascticity, allows him to punch BA from range)
Evasion( telepathy+intangability+shapeshifting+invisibility)
Longe range attacks(Martian vision+telepathic assault, both of which he is able to do while intangible)
BlackestShite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BlackestShite
@loganreme said:
" J'onn "
all too easy
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40  Edited By Zoom

Its worth noting that Black Adam got a huge power up just before WWIII. 

I agree that Martian Manhunter can take classic Black Adam.  Its just that modern Black Adam (I assume his powers remained at WWIII level after he regained them) beats the Manhunter.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Zoom said:
"
Its worth noting that Black Adam got a huge power up just before WWIII. 

I agree that Martian Manhunter can take classic Black Adam.  Its just that modern Black Adam (I assume his powers remained at WWIII level after he regained them) beats the Manhunter. "
Which power-up? Regaining his full power after distributing it among Isis and Osiris?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#42  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Black Adam already won in 52, so he wins.

sa bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sa bishop

Isn't Mannie undead atm?
Goenitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Goenitz

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hoboseid
@pooty said:
"MM wins. That thing in 52 was pure PIS. . "

Manhunter stomps, the dumbass DC writers try to force Manhunter to be a jobber. With CIS or PIS off Manhunter would destroy
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By demifiend
@JediXMan said:
Avatar image for marvelrules2011
marvelrules2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By marvelrules2011

Black Adam ftw

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MutenRoshi
  @JediXMan said: 
Batman goes hand to hand with Darkseid and Superman 

and Wolverine fought Galactus by himself 
sometimes shit happens in comics 

@vuviper said:

BA's victory over MM was PIS in WWIII, 

Manhunter should dominate  
   J'onn J'onzz has been wrote terrible by DC writers I hope he gets fixed after the reboot
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By IZZR

J'onn would win this although this would be one of the most epic battles of all time.

Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Amazingoctus

I want to say J'onn but...