Bishop vs Cyclops

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Dark King

Cyclops cannot use his optic blast in this battle and is forced to engage Bishop in h2h.
Bishop has entered this fight without having stored any energy and is at baseline.
fight takes place at Xavier's school on the football field.
please use comic feats, character personality without PIS and support your opinion.
Bishop is classic version pre Cyborg arm. 
do not lowball the characters treat them at their best or average. 

Bishop vs Cyclops

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

So, its basically a H2H fight?
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch

I think Cyclops has had better h2h showings than Bishop

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dark King
@Jake Fury said:
" So, its basically a H2H fight? "
Basically
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

This is a tough one, I haven't seen much out of Bishop lately though.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Im not sure on this one, i think cykes has better h2h shows like texasdeathmatch said but i could be being biased here as i never liked bishop.
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scarbearer

Well while Bishop is in theory supposed to be a very good hand to hand fighter, I can't think of any situations pre cyberarm where he wasn't shown almost always fighting with energy pistols.  I'm gonna say that Bishop /should/ win this, but I don't if there's any scans that'd back that up. WIth only comic book feats to go on, Scott probably takes this as much as it pains me to say.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@scarbearer:
In theory so is cyclops supposed to be a good h2h fighter as well. Bishop i cant recall anything h2h wise impressive, Emma frost was holding her own against Sage and was about to go ape crazy on Bishop til sage distracted her and then Bishop got a cheap bfr on Emma.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buttersdaman000

Scott

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By karrob
@scarbearer said:
" Well while Bishop is in theory supposed to be a very good hand to hand fighter, I can't think of any situations pre cyberarm where he wasn't shown almost always fighting with energy pistols.  I'm gonna say that Bishop /should/ win this, but I don't if there's any scans that'd back that up. WIth only comic book feats to go on, Scott probably takes this as much as it pains me to say. "
Yeah I agree. Aside from the fact that he had been learning how to absorb kinetic energy. Unless Cyke can finish it fast Bishop for the win.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarbearer said:
" Well while Bishop is in theory supposed to be a very good hand to hand fighter. "
Trained in hand to hand most likely yes. But as far as I know there is nothing to indicate he was ever any good at it.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Zoom

Bishop's pretty good and definitely stronger than Cyke. 

He's destroyed Danger Room robots with his bare hands and briefly went hand to hand against Sabretooth. 

Still, I think Cyclops has more skills and would probably take this.

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By goldenshot80

The future vs the past....I dont know

Avatar image for lectriccolossus
lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lectriccolossus

damn this is a good one, ufc material lol, hmmm a DRAW
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@Dark King:
Dude ! , not seen you on this in ages , i remeber when i was a noob you stuck up for me against some DC fanboy .

Zoom's right , i'd say Bishop's a little superior physically , however Cyclops has more and better skill feats

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops.

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dark King
@CaptainRodgers said:
"

@Dark King:
Dude ! , not seen you on this in ages , i remember when i was a noob you stuck up for me against some DC fanboy .

Zoom's right , i'd say Bishop's a little superior physically , however Cyclops has more and better skill feats

"
yeh, sorry.

i usually stick to the fanfic  forum and gave up trying to be polite and get civil debating going.
i came back due to the same ppl i disliked here at one point moving  on to were i had currently been posting in the last few yrs.

hmm.. the UFC Cage sounds like a good idea... i should have made it that way.
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bag_o_x_men

Cyke should win.  He knows enough "passive" styles to negate any strength advantage that Bishop has, and any ability to absorb kinetic damage.  Cyclops wins via triangle choke, rear naked choke, guillotine, etc...

jimmyziogas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jimmyziogas

Bishop has shown an ability to absorb energy attacks as physical energy, giving him somewhat of a Sebastian Shaw/Maverick kinetic absorption type of power.  This is classic Bishop who also has the ability to absorb mutants energy and direct it back at them and hurt them in cases where the mutant may be immune to their own powers(i.e. Havoc and Cyclops)
Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Supreme Cosmic

logically cyclops because h2h is less relevant in the future( Using is instead of will be because of the time travelers) as it was more relevant in the past with all the samurais, ninjas etc. The more one rely on tech, the less likely you'll function well without it

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@Dark King said:
" @CaptainRodgers said:
"

@Dark King:
Dude ! , not seen you on this in ages , i remember when i was a noob you stuck up for me against some DC fanboy .

"
yeh, sorry.   i usually stick to the fanfic  forum and gave up trying to be polite and get civil debating going. i came back due to the same ppl i disliked here at one point moving  on to were i had currently been posting in the last few yrs.  hmm.. the UFC Cage sounds like a good idea... i should have made it that way. "

Well great to see you back , the battle forums are rapidly decreasing in knowledgable debator's who go about things in a civil way .  

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By YoungGunna

I like bishop in this one he is a stone cold killer

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By nefarious

I think Cyclops would win this fight.

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops EASILY HUMILIATES BISHOP.EASILY.Besides the fact that i've never seen any Bishop h2h feat,Cyke holds black belts in Judo ,Aikido and one other martial arts that's name i can't recall. Holding his own in h2h battles in wolverine's(or ghost rider's) caliber,so ,yeah,cyke has this.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

cyclops

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as it pains me to say it, Cyclops wins. He's supposed to be pretty skilled and actually has the feats to back it up. On top of that, he seems to be very effective at using an opponents physicality and momentum against them. I haven't really seen anything from Bishop to suggest he would win.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Cyclops is not taking this easily and has NEVER held his own with a Wolverine caliber opponent in H2H (I'd love to see the scans of this), let alone the real deal himself.And if we are talking about the scan of Wolverine before his martial arts skill was established and was mentally reeling from his encounter with Proteus then that "feat" is being taken out of context (not really a feat). And Ghost Rider is not even skilled in H2H so there is no "skill caliber" for him, and he should have no problem dispatching Cyclops. He doesn't have the H2H feats against skilled opponents to suggest his skill is superior enough to win, so they are both in the same boat in that regard.

I think this could likely go either way, with a slight edge to Cyclops.

Bishop has decent H2H showings in X-Treme X-Men, and is still pretty strong when not amped up (he body slammed Wolverine during one of their sparring sessions in UXM XSE). But still when they went up against Viper she beat the tar out of Rachel and managed to get in some hits on Bishop (I think he did manage to block one of her kicks) and evade his attacks, so I think a skilled enough fighter could edge out a win.

This fight would be quite close IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Bishop absorb the energy from a punch as well?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he can only absorb energy. I think Sebastian Shaw is the one who can absorb both energy and physical attacks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire said:

No he can only absorb energy. I think Sebastian Shaw is the one who can absorb both energy and physical attacks.

I may be mistaken but I seem to remember Bishop charging up by a hail of gun fire but then again they may have been lasers or plasma or something, I'm not sure.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@thunderbolt30 said:

@killerforhire said:

I may be mistaken but I seem to remember Bishop charging up by a hail of gun fire but then again they may have been lasers or plasma or something, I'm not sure.

It probably was lasers. I remember him getting hit with multiple blasts from Fitzroy's men in the story he first appeared in, but it has been years since i read that issue. But yeah if you find one with the bullets please post that scan or hit me up with the issue #. I'm a Bishop fan and would like to add that his gallery of feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@killerforhire said:

It probably was lasers. I remember him getting hit with multiple blasts from Fitzroy's men in the story he first appeared in, but it has been years since i read that issue. But yeah if you find one with the bullets please post that scan or hit me up with the issue #. I'm a Bishop fan and would like to add that his gallery of feats.

Ok, it seems although he can absorb a physical impact it's very difficult for him & does cause him damage but he can do it to a degree.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xtreme1

I think during the Messiah story arc when Bishop was chasing Cable and Hope through time he was captured and tied to a wall, and as his captors were punching him Bishop was getting charged up. But he was also getting bloodied at the same time. I'll have to find this issue and double check.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bishops throws him around like rag doll a 6"7 muscular skilled figthther > averaged size skilled figther

bigmedlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A very competitive battle but reality is BISHOP will be last man standing his absorbed energy fighting his strength speed and agility also

jdnice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man...this is a tough one to me.

• Scott gets pictured as a boy scout, goody two-shoes. But we also forget that he is a Leader of the X-Men for a reason. He is all about training and discipline and keeping to a schedule.
  • Bishop on the other hand grew up in a harsh time himself and is no slouch. I believe Bishop is naturally stronger that Cyclops.
  • I believe this will be a decent fight. I believe both will have there moments but overall Bishop will have the upper hand over Scott. BUT i say this begrudgingly Cyclops will come out with the win.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I still want more Bishop h2h feats. I feel like he should beat Scott due to his backstory and size and strength, but Scott isn't a slouch when it comes to the X-Men.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott is way better at H2H, and Bishop isn't that much bigger than him.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 god_spawn  Moderator

@flashingsabre: Scott's height and weight has varied from 6'1-6'3 and 181-195lbs with Bishop being 6'6 and 275 or something like that. He has a solid with weight and size advantage. It's comics so it doesn't mean a whole lot but can factor. That's if Bishop has that h2h feats to contend instead of speculation where I feel a case could be made based on his abilities. But he's always been more of a weapons guy than h2h from what I've seen.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Yeah, Bishop has always been more of a gun guy. Honestly, I think he uses them more than he uses his powers. Side effects of being a 90's character.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a h2h fight Bishop will win. Even physical attacks will charge Bishop up eventually. I don't see Scott taking Bishop down before he's hit Bishop one too many times.