Billy Hope (Southpaw) vs Adonis Johnson (Creed) 12 Rounds Boxing Main Event Match!!!!

DenzelMoton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Who do you think would win

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Billy but I think it would be a good fight but Billy would probably score a late knockout

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@garrettmana: I haven't seen Southpaw, but it's hard to imagine Adonis failing and getting knocked out when he was just able to go the distance with the number 1 pound for pound fighter in the world.

If anyone is unfamiliar with the term, pound for pound refers to ranking the best fighters by skill, regardless of weight. Ricky Conlan was number 1 in the world, and add onto that he was a light heavyweight and therefore DID have some significant weight to him, and since he was the champion he had likely surpassed Mason Dixon who was skilled enough to defeat an aged Rocky Balboa fair and square after 12 brutal rounds. This is who Adonis went up against, when he was still mostly an inexperienced amateur, through sheer will.

Adonis is also a natural fighting prodigy, having inherited his father's blood knight mentality. He was completely self-trained in boxing, yet despite that, he was already somehow one of the best in the world. He met the number 6 pound for pound boxer in the world, and just to prove himself, challenged him to land even a single blow on him. The two went into the ring and Adonis effortlessly blocked/dodged/parried every one of his strikes, then KOd him in the first round.

When he goes home, we see him watching footage of his father's fight with Rocky Balboa, and mimicking the moves exactly just as soon as he sees them. That's his way of training.

And then he got mentored by Rocky improving his skill even more. His speed is his greatest weapon, he's perfectly capable of keeping up with vehicles on foot, and he and Ricky were both punching at straight up afterimage speeds during their respective training.

I haven't seen Southpaw, but let me say I'd be surprised if Billy can take on the protege of Rocky Balboa.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spector_Rand

@nickzambuto: Not to mention, Hope is a middleweight and tended to take punches head on.

Adonis is too big and too strong. He went toe to toe with Conlan and would have had him beat if the fight went longer.

Hope doesn't have the knockout power to put down Adonis, whereas Creed has KO wins for all his victories (think he was 16-1?)

EDIT* Wasn't Mason Dixon a heavyweight?

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nickzambuto

@spector_rand: Right, Dixon was a heavyweight, but Conlan was the number 1 *pound for pound* boxer thus making him more skilled. Dixon would be about 34 in Creed so I doubt he retired, considering his genuine passion and heart for boxing and proving himself.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Oh yeah totally,my bad I misread and thought you meant Conlan beat Dixon.

On another note, you should watch Southpaw. Really awesome movie.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nickzambuto

@spector_rand: I'll probably give it a watch once it's on Netflix/DVD, thanks.

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Hope can take this.

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I agree that it would be a hard fought fight but Billy Hope was at the start of the movie the Undefeated Light Heavyweight champion while being pretty much completely self taught, as his corner was basically just filled with his friends, after he trains with a legit trainer, he develops good defense and much better stamina, as well as extremely well timed counter punches and accuracy, Adonis showed that he allowed himself to get hit a lot and liked to trade punches which is what Billy does best, Conlon was even said to be more of an out boxer and most people assumed he would chop away at him from the outside using his height and reach advantage, but instead he went out of his normal style and fought as an infighter which doesn't work as well when you have long arms as it can take power away from your punches. Conlon played Adonis's game and beat him at it, Billy Hope is a born brawler and Infighter with an iron chin, Adonis is good but he's not gonna out punch the more powerful, more experienced and more offensive Hope, I maintain that Hope would end up scoring a late knockout do to him being more Durable and More Powerful, Adonis doesn't have the Steam to knock Billy out

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nickzambuto

@garrettmana: I see. Good points, like I said I haven't seen the movie, but Billy seems like a fitting opponent for Adonis.

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for naruto__uzumaki
NARUTO__UZUMAKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seen both movies and based on fights alone Creed wins he a boxer puncher/counter puncher where as Hope is a boxer brawler creed showed he inherited his fathers skill,chin and heart it will be creed by late k.o or A split decision

dajhonmccloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: @garrettmana: @nickzambuto: After seeing both movies it is COMPLETELY safe to say creed would utterly pwn Billy. The gap in fighting ability is just ridiculous. Billys hope would last longer against Rocky 6.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight both have almost the same kind of qualities, except hope has the advantage in experience and better damage soak, also after being trained by Whittaker's character he has a more sturdy defence i would give it too hope in a hard match.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Creed. They both have a similar style of boxing but Donny is younger and more durable.

Lukundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a great battle idea, think I'll go with Creed for the reasons stated.

Avatar image for batofgotham2000
batofgotham2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Creed wins but it will be an amazing fight.

Mexicutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope. Billy was undefeated light heavyweight champ with over 30 (may have been 40) fights Adonis only fought 2 credible fighters in his career (during Creed) and he only won one of those fights.

Billy's got experience, durability and knockout power.

TrapJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TrapJesus

What heck the are some of you smoking?! billy hope doesnt stand a chance against adonis creed.billy hope is a 1 dimensional brawler with aweful defence.adonis creed on the other hand is more more complete and can fight in a variety of styles and is more versatile and has great defence.billy hope stand no chance in this fight adonis creed is just that much better

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy wins.

TrapJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@normanbates: billy cant win he's too limited in his abilities

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Bumping this cause I finally saw both films.

I'm going for Creed. Billy was a brawler and while he had some new defense by the end, eventually Adonis will avoid him and ko him.

DanMercer32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like both movies but I kinda feel like Creed will eventually come out on top