Big Mom (One Piece) vs Iron Man (extremis armor)

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gnomishness
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Big Mom is bloodlusted but cognizant, fully committed in all ways to killing Iron Man. She thinks that Iron Man is basically another Yonko. She starts, with her sword out, already riding on Zeus.

Iron Man is in character and more then a little confused. He thinks that Big Mom is some kind of incarnation of feminism out to get his for his play-boy ways. He is in his extremis armor.

No Caption Provided

They fight in the middle of Totland; all of the homies and the rest of Big Mom's crew are also on the Island, though not on-location or initially aware of the fight. The crew will interfere for Big Mom if they get the chance, and will do so as if bloodlusted, though Iron Man's only win condition is killing Big Mom and surviving long enough to make sure that she's throughly dead.

Iron Man's speed is equal to Zeus's.

Iron Man's reaction times are equal to Big Mom's reaction times while she's using Observation Haki.

If Iron Man stomps, his reaction times are only equal to Big Mom's without using Observation Haki.

If Big Mom stomps, Iron Man is allowed to call in a new, single extra other armor, weaker then the extremis, once every 30 seconds, for the rest of the fight.

Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b65e7f9a0ab
deactivated-59b65e7f9a0ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Mom stomps

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gnomishness

Anyone else? Or will I need to assume that Big Mom is above comic mid-tiers from now on?

@masterdoom:

Also, reasons would help your case...

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cracker vs IM would be a better match up.

Beata

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Mom stomps chomps

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gnomishness

@spidey_jackson:

Well Cracker can't even fly, so I'm not too sure about that.

What other hero/villain would be a good match-up for Big Mom in your opinion?

werkudoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: maybe Ghost rider or Storm as for Villains i'm not so sure but Dr. Doom/Magneto

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SupremeGeneration

Anyone else? Or will I need to assume that Big Mom is above comic mid-tiers from now on?

Iron Man is easily high tier.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gnomishness

@supremegeneration:

Iron Man is easily high tier.

Even with only extremis armor? I had no idea.

I'm sure people would crucify me if I suggested Big Mom vs Thor, so I assume he and all his contemporaries count as God tier then? If that's the case, there are an absurd number of popular, well known god tiers in Marvel.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Noone1996

@gnomishness: What kind of feats does she have to suggest that he'd need speed equalized or that she'd potentially be a match for Thor?

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: Thor is a high tier just like Hulk or Superman. Iron Man is also a high tier, just slightly below them. We usually think of street, mid and high tiers. So it would be:

• High
    • Very high
    • Mid high
    • Low high
  • Mid
    • High mid
    • Mid-mid
    • Low mid

So and so forth. Iron Man would be low-to-mid high.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996:

What kind of feats does she have to suggest that he'd need speed equalized

None in particular. I just didn't want to get into an argument about One Piece speed-scaling which is an incredibly messy topic.

or that she'd potentially be a match for Thor?

I'm pretty sure she can't, since Thor is a planet buster and at best, Big Mom is an Island Buster, two entirely different worlds of power. Rather, by suggesting the comparison, I was illustrating my confusion. If Mountain-busters (or slightly higher) like Iron Man are high tiers, then why is a Planet-buster like Thor considered in the same vague group?

@supremegeneration:

Thor is a high tier just like Hulk or Superman. Iron Man is also a high tier, just slightly below them.

You see, I don't understand how a mountain-buster can be considered only "slightly below" a planet buster.

Using the series I primarily debate "Naruto" for example, there an dozens of Mountain Busters (most of them proven) and though they mostly consider themselves Gods or Demons, they view the Island Busters as terrifyingly strong.

The Island busters portray the Continent-Buster as having literally infinite power compared to them.

And when the main characters become Continent-Busters a tier above the previously mentioned Continent-Buster, they are completely tooled around by the one true Planet Buster in the verse (even if that busting takes a significant period of time) and only win due to prophecy and extensive Ninja trickery.

Basically, the road from Mountain-buster to Planet Buster should logically be made of many incredibly distinct tiers of power. The idea that Thor and Iron Man are just a tier or two away from each other regardless just seems silly to me.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: Thor is not consistently a planet buster, lol. He has one feat while in Warriors Madness. Just because at some points he displays that power doesn't make it consistent. Consistently, he and other high tiers like Hulk struggle to put Iron Man down for an extended period of time.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration:

Thor is not consistently a planet buster, lol. He has one feat while in Warriors Madness. Just because at some points he displays that power doesn't make it consistent. Consistently, he and other high tiers like Hulk struggle to put Iron Man down for an extended period of time.

I see... The Marvel Verse is weaker then I thought and was lead to believe...

It makes more sense like this though. I think you're worth the follow. Give me a second.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@gnomishness: Gotcha. Well Iron Man's power level ranges in the high-mid tier/low high tier range. Thor is a solid high tier. There are different sub groups within power ranges. I mean the gap between DCEU Wonder Woman and comic version of Ms. Marvel is HUGE, but Wonder Woman is still considered a mid-tier. She's just on the lower end of that range.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron man tho its not really fair 2 put big mom in a fight like dis seeing how wholecake island aint even finish yet so we haven't seen enough from her

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gnomishness

@seastone98:

Iron man

Interesting that you have a contrasting opinion.

How close is the fight? Does the "Iron Man stomps" condition make any sort of difference?

How will things play out? Why does Iron Man win?

tho its not really fair 2 put big mom in a fight like dis seeing how wholecake island aint even finish yet so we haven't seen enough from her

You say that, but it's almost done. By this point I think we have a pretty good idea of how strong she is.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By omriamar

Dont know havent seen enough from big mom but she have the right ability to beat him I mean it's like taking a candy from a baby in a way but it has weakenese, probably it work only if you show fear but I'm getting ahead of myself will see soon enough

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Lin lin could pull off a win here. I mean she has only ever been injured when that picture was broken. Not to use a no limits fallacy type argument here

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: 2 me da fight is close i say 6/10 4 tony due 2 his damage output & da fact dat he has survived more serious lightning strikes (thor) tho big mom has a unique soul ability dat she might be able 2 use 2 make his suit into a homie but we have never seen her use dat ability on something so advance so hey btw i think we will see more from big mom in da future so we just have 2 wait & see

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omriamar:

Dont know havent seen enough from big mom but she have the right ability to beat him I mean it's like taking a candy from a baby in a way but it has weakenese, probably it work only if you show fear but I'm getting ahead of myself will see soon enough

Honestly, Big Mom's Soul Steal is almost never a relevant ability. Realistically, It only ever becomes useful as a quick finisher once the Opponent is already realizing that he's going to lose (or is deceived into thinking that).

That's fine though, because her soul-steal is not her main ability at all. Her absurdly superhuman stats on top of her size (her super-giant stats?) are enough to no sell a Kong Gun from Luffy. Her swordplay causes attacks that can be seen from another Island. She can fly by riding on a thundercloud which she can use for town-busting lightning. She carries a miniature sun that she can throw at people and which can control itself for her. She can punch Giant swords in half with just her fists...

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gnomishness

@seastone98:

i say 6/10 4 tony due 2 his damage output

What would you put that as?

& da fact dat he has survived more serious lightning strikes (thor)

Well good thing she has another 6 or so abilities... >_>

The main attack she'd probably use on Iron man would be Elbaf Spear: Foreign Threat.

tho big mom has a unique soul ability dat she might be able 2 use 2 make his suit into a homie but we have never seen her use dat ability on something so advance so hey

I was thinking that might become a factor if things go on for long enough...

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: sory can't read it you read manga by how much you know and I'm not much for spoilers

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omriamar:

sory can't read it you read manga by how much you know and I'm not much for spoilers

Then what are you doing on this thread?

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony's only chance is flying out of reach and spamming her with ranged attacks. Mama can take her down with a few 2-3 hits at most if they connect. I think even current G4 Luffy would give Tony a tough fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man doesn't really have anything that can damage Big Mom, and with that being said.. If Big Mom even touches Tony then the fight is over

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterdoom:

Iron Man doesn't really have anything that can damage Big Mom,

Really? I'd have figured he'd have something. At very most her durability is Island-level. More then likely, it's merely somewhere in the area of mountain-range level. Surely Extremis has feats on that scale...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterdoom:

Iron Man doesn't really have anything that can damage Big Mom,

Really? I'd have figured he'd have something. At very most her durability is Island-level. More then likely, it's merely somewhere in the area of mountain-range level. Surely Extremis has feats on that scale...

It's hard to say what her maximum durability is at the moment but if I had to go by her hype them I'd say iron man has nothing that can damage her. She just basically tanked a giant thunder strike 2 chapters ago and it didn't even phase her.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: id put his dc at mountain 2 multi mountain (depends on armor) as 4 big mom elbaf spear it is quit impressive but tony has pretty good speed feats so he could dodge it & while she could use stuff like prometheus 2 damage tony its been shown dat prometheus can be put out wit water so from dat we can intelligently assume prometheus only burns at about 1000+ degrees which is hot but not as hot as lightning (10,000+ degrees) which tony suit has tanked b4 (& dats not including it was thors magic lightning)

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seastone98:

so from dat we can intelligently assume prometheus only burns at about 1000+ degrees which is hot but not as hot as lightning (10,000+ degrees) which tony suit has tanked b4

Does the armor have any feats of Tanking actual heat though? Lightning may be 10x as hot as fire, but the heat is only transmitted for the briefest flicker of time, so hardly any of it actually sticks around long enough to harm the victim.

When people die from Lightning Strikes, they die due to the electrical currents messing up their nervous system rather then the temperature. And over 9/10 people survive getting struck by lightning anyway.

Basically, I'm skeptical of if the feat you're talking about is really anything more then a feat of electrical resistance and durability.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By captain_inverse

Big mom.

Iirc The only thing that could hurt zeus and Prometheus so far was brook.

Ironman would get killed shes more than a fair match at this point and she'll likely only be portrayed to be stronger in the future.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By seastone98

@gnomishness: well seeing how da lightning he was hit with was magical in nature it prolly dont act like normal lightning (tho i admit im just going off a hunch)

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump