Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

A Musical Battle

• who is better dancer
  • who sells more currently
  • who has more talent (writing skills, instruments that can play, voice)
  • who is more iconic
kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyoncé all except writing. I mean she writes some songs but isn’t really known for it like Mariah or Taylor.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

• Beyonce is a better dancer, by a slim margin.
  • Gaga, her A Star is Born soundtrack is still selling a lot.
  • Gaga has more talent. Beyonce doesn't even write her songs, Gaga plays more instruments, their voices are much different, but each has their own quality in a specific aspect (Gaga is usually more versatile and unique when delivering, she can sing in multiple genres, while Beyonce is limited to one kind of music; then again, Beyonce's voice is a bit more powerful)
  • Gaga defined culture with her first three albums, I think I'm gonna edge her out here.
Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kasya_carey

@soratoumiga said:
  • Beyonce is a better dancer, by a slim margin.
  • Gaga, her A Star is Born soundtrack is still selling a lot.
  • Gaga has more talent. Beyonce doesn't even write her songs, Gaga plays more instruments, their voices are much different, but each has their own quality in a specific aspect (Gaga is usually more versatile and unique when delivering, she can sing in multiple genres, while Beyonce is limited to one kind of music; then again, Beyonce's voice is a bit more powerful)
  • Gaga defined culture with her first three albums, I think I'm gonna edge her out here.

Beyonce is a better dance ALL around

Beyonce writes her songs but she just has a lot of co writer just like Gaga. Independent Women PT 1 11 weeks at #1 written by a teenage Beyonce.

Lmao Beyonce has songs in multiple genres in fact Lemonade was a well diverse album with lots of genres.

Beyonce is one of the blueprints along with Mariah, Whitney and etc. The only artist I hear inspired by Gaga is ava max

@cruelrain said:

@kasya_carey: Does Beyoncé play piano?

Yasss

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@cruelrain:

but let's not get started on what gaga did recently with Ashanti

Loading Video...

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey:

• Debatable, but in terms of dancing alone, Beyonce would be above Gaga. Gaga likes to make her performances brutal and shocking, Bey likes to make them energetic and dynamic, it depends on your taste, tbh.
  • Oh, I know she has some that she wrote, but most of the time, they are written by other writers.
  • Lemonade is a groundbreaking album, I agree, but her tunes there were mostly leaning towards her usual R&B and R&B influenced pop melodies, which isn't exactly as versatile as Born This Way, for example. BTW experimented with rock, hard rock, heavy metal, dubstep and hip-hop influenced beats, which is an insanely risky move, and Gaga managed to pull it off without flopping.
  • I meant, as in Gaga had a bit more cultural impact, her first hits were worldwide phenomenons, not to say Beyonce doesn't have impact, she has inspired many vocalists in future generations.
Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: omg, she was probably drunk or on drugs that night, but that doesn't change the fact that she is a talented musician and knows how to play the piano very well.

Loading Video...

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey:

• Debatable, but in terms of dancing alone, Beyonce would be above Gaga. Gaga likes to make her performances brutal and shocking, Bey likes to make them energetic and dynamic, it depends on your taste, tbh.

-Beyonce is more choreographed than Gaga

• Oh, I know she has some that she wrote, but most of the time, they are written by other writers.

-Alright

• Lemonade is a groundbreaking album, I agree, but her tunes there were mostly leaning towards her usual R&B and R&B influenced pop melodies, which isn't exactly as versatile as Born This Way, for example. BTW experimented with rock, hard rock, heavy metal, dubstep and hip-hop influenced beats, which is an insanely risky move, and Gaga managed to pull it off without flopping.
    • Lemonade had pop, reggae, blues, rock, hip hop, soul, funk, Americana, country, gospel, electronic, and trap
  • I meant, as in Gaga had a bit more cultural impact, her first hits were worldwide phenomenons, not to say Beyonce doesn't have impact, she has inspired many vocalists in future generations.

WW hits means nothing. Post Malone has multiple of them but what impact does he have?

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: omg, she was probably drunk or on drugs that night, but that doesn't change the fact that she is a talented musician and knows how to play the piano very well.

Loading Video...

I didn't take away just showing. She overdoes her voice just like Christina Aguilera

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey:

• Agreed on that part.
  • The album encompassed those genres, but was primarily an R&B album.
  • Post Malone is far different from Gaga, since his hits are kidz pop and repetitive beats, lyrics and rhythm. He's basically doing generic pop songs with a touch of hip hop, and people have done that before him. Gaga's early hits merge the genre of dance-pop and synth-pop, and have become classics since then. Some famous musicians have even done covers on Poker Face, for example, even Kanye West.
kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey:

• Agreed on that part.
  • The album encompassed those genres, but was primarily an R&B album.
  • Post Malone is far different from Gaga, since his hits are kidz pop and repetitive beats, lyrics and rhythm. He's basically doing generic pop songs with a touch of hip hop, and people have done that before him. Gaga's early hits merge the genre of dance-pop and synth-pop, and have become classics since then. Some famous musicians have even done covers on Poker Face, for example, even Kanye West.

Lemonade was still a very versatile album being R&B does not take away from the album dipping in other genres.

I agree, but Beyonce has hits too that change the culture..

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for icemanbobbydrak
IcemanBobbyDrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyonce. don't listen to either one but i can tell you a few of her songs. where as i can't tell you a single Lady Gaga song or album title.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lady Gaga is more talented if it's singing, instruments, acting.

Writing is 50/50 Idk.

Beyonce is a better dancer and has a long range of material. But her acting is atrocious.

Loading Video...

GateOfBabylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaga all rounds, imo. Except dancing.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• who is better dancer

Beyonce.

Beyonce hasn't released an album since 2016 and Gaga still has A Star Is Born going for her, so Gaga.

Beyonce is a better singer. Her music is better too. Lyrically, Gaga is a bit better. Beyonce is also more talented overall.

• who is more iconic

Beyonce, duh.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crater_Maker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are really saying dancing is Debatable... lol okay.

Beyonce all around is a better entertainer

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crater_maker: voice can be debatable but not writing skills, is know that she has a lot of songwriters...

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who is better dancer- Beyoncé, but that’s probably because Gaga broke her hip a while back and never fully recovered

who sells more currently- Gaga

who has more talent (writing skills, instruments that can play, voice)

•Voice- Gaga

•Writing- Gaga curbstomps

•Instruments- Gaga curbstomps

who is more iconic- Gaga shitstomps

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icemanbobbydrak: I’ve never heard of a single person above the age of 12 that has never heard poker face. You must live under a rock.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B takes dancing obviously, voice is more subjective but I prefer Beyoncé’s, it’s more powerful. I also think she’s more iconic and influential, Gaga sweeps the other rounds though.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Inside
Loading Video...

@emmafrostxmen: "All The Single Ladies", that's just as Iconic as "Poker Face" and you know it. She's pretty good lyrically as well, this shit will hit you in the feels, and give you heavy chills. ^

Avatar image for icemanbobbydrak
IcemanBobbyDrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IcemanBobbyDrak

@emmafrostxmen said:

@icemanbobbydrak: I’ve never heard of a single person above the age of 12 that has never heard poker face. You must live under a rock.

i've no idea what that is. and for the record, i work at a club so that really says something.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icemanbobbydrak: if you work at a club then you’re obviously lying. Just Dance is was the number one club song on the charts and that is a fact. You have either definitely heard it or you have never been to a club before

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inside: yes I know Beyonce is good lyrically but she has help from several other writers. Most of Gaga’s songs she writes in 10 minutes alone like bad romance, poker face, etc...

Kirbykirbstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyonce is a better dancer.

lady Gaga sings better imo.

Beyonce is Sexier.

Gaga is a better writer and is more instrumentality talented.

in the gay community Gaga is more iconic.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: I highly doubt she wrote the above song with help due to how utterly personal it is.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inside: sure but this particular song is not that strong lyrically despite how emotional it is

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyonce >>

Avatar image for donotdenyyourfate
Donotdenyyourfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
  • who is better dancer

Beyonce.

Beyonce hasn't released an album since 2016 and Gaga still has A Star Is Born going for her, so Gaga.

Beyonce is a better singer. Her music is better too. Lyrically, Gaga is a bit better. Beyonce is also more talented overall.

• who is more iconic

Beyonce, duh.

this

Donotdenyyourfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelrain said:

@crater_maker: voice can be debatable but not writing skills, is know that she has a lot of songwriters...

while true a lot of people ignore the fact that Bey credits samples and etc as writers which makes the number seem bigger than the people who actually wrote on the song

Donotdenyyourfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: What determines what makes a song lyrically good if not how we feel about it?

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inside: lyrical complexity and opinion

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

As good as Halo is, I don’t think she has anything on Poker Face

Donotdenyyourfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

Formation doesn't have the sales as poker face but it's the most awarded song of all time and it had global impact in terms of conversation and the controversial Superbowl performance that followed it's release

Beyonce did curb it's success imo by putting it only on tidal for months and the video being unlisted on YouTube for quite some time

And then there's Irreplaceable, Single ladies and Crazy in love which was named song of the century and all are eligible for diamond certification

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Storm Vs Emma Frost in disguise

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do think Gaga needs quite a few more years in this business before she can definitively be compared to Beyonce in terms of impact and status(sales they are close at least), but she has definitely had moments where she was comparable, her career is inconsistent though.

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: being honest, Beyoncé's hype comes only from the US

She's not even in the best selling artists ever, meanwhile Gaga with a shorter career is

And bey was nearly ten years without a #1 hit

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelrain: Beyoncé hype comes ww

Beyoncé doesn’t update her sales and still sold 200 million + ww

What was Gaga last number one hit was born this way before shallow. She was going on ten years too.

Orangeboygb01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wtf ??

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's not even in the best selling artists ever, meanwhile Gaga with a shorter career is

I'd say Beyonce is a worldwide icon, she even waltzed into notoriously racist India and was treated like royalty by their billionaires.

Gaga's career fell off very hard for many years between 2014-2018 when her albums and theatrics no longer amused people. She literally let someone ***Vomit*** onto her.

Loading Video...

She had to revamp her entire image with a star is born.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Beyonce.

Donotdenyyourfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This post is misinformed

Even without updating her current sales she is one of the best selling of all time (she has yet to update her early albums especially post Streaming era) she was also in one of the best selling girl groups of all time

Her hype is definitely Global than Us,She's had multiple sold out worldwide stadium tours (the same can't be said for Gaga) and almost everything she does trends worldwide and both her last two albums went no 1 on iTunes in more than 110 countries, no artist has done that since beside Adele