Better Durability: MCU Thanos vs MCU Kurse

• 77 results
forward2death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Better Durability: MCU Thanos vs MCU Kurse (91 votes)

MCU Thanos 71%
MCU Kurse 29%

who is the mcu's superior brick?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse. Thanos does not have any uber impressive durability feat from what I remember. Most of the things thrown at him, hurt him.

forward2death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: he no-sold a building being dropped on his face, and also nebula's ship crashing into him.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh come on, Kurse no sold direct strikes from Mjolnir. Thanos was made to bleed by 21st century human technology with just a punch.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, he's more powerful than Star level Thor.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rbt: he no-sold a building being dropped on his face, and also nebula's ship crashing into him.

No he didn't. He used the Power Stone before it landed on him. There are many that say he's only amped by the Stone when he uses it and this would've been the case then.

Both of them don't have much in the way of durability, honestly. But Thanos does have the ship hitting him and Kurse has got..... I don't know, the shield generator explosion?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
deactivated-5c30485311cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forward2death said:

No he didn't. He used the Power Stone before it landed on him. There are many that say he's only amped by the Stone when he uses it and this would've been the case then.

Both of them don't have much in the way of durability, honestly. But Thanos does have the ship hitting him and Kurse has got..... I don't know, the shield generator explosion?

Kurse no-sold Mjolnir on Asgard after he killed Frigga. BTW, is there any proof that the power stone enhances the users' durability?

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: He took a hit to the shoulder and got knocked off-screen immediately after. Sort of a stretch to say he 'no-sold' it given this fact.

All of the Stones' past appearances.

The_Red_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos by some margin.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos. People often ignore that in his fight with Kurse Thor never used lightning which has typically always been his most powerful attack.

Thanos tanked it.

No Caption Provided

And his lightning can do this.

No Caption Provided

Kurse has no feats to say he an tank that at all.

You also have what he did to Vision. Looks very much like he crushed his skull in casually which would require his hand to be more durable than Vibranium.

No Caption Provided

Now some have argued that the gem created an explosion and that's what destroyed the Vibranium in this scene but still that would make Thanos more durable than Vibranium. Which has better durability than Kurse.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos. He took that ship on his face (The same one that can survive reentry)

He also got up immediately from Nebula's ship crashing on him.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos tanked the building and the ship. I'd say him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: He took a hit to the shoulder and got knocked off-screen immediately after. Sort of a stretch to say he 'no-sold' it given this fact.

All of the Stones' past appearances.

Nope. That's not what happened.

No Caption Provided

Clearly, Mjolnir bounced off of Kurse's shoulder who was going to jump off the balcony anyway. I'd call it no-selling. And also later on Svartalfheim, Kurse casually b!tch-slaps Mjolnir out of the air and while it's primarily a striking feat, it also doubles up as a durability feats for Kurse's fists.

And again no. None of the stones' past appearances imply that it enhances it's users strength / durability.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd:

"Nope. That's not what happened."

>Proceeds to show me that's precisely what happened.

Helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

@bleidd:

Can you not see Mjolnir bouncing off of Kurse's shoulder? Can you not see that Kurse's feet were already off the ground as he prepares to jump off the balcony with Malekith even before Mjolnir hit him? At this point you're clearly denying visual evidence. Also worth noting that this was a lightning amped Mjolnir throw and it's common knowledge that the striking power of Mjolnir gets a massive amp after it's charged with lightning.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd said:
@batman242 said:

@bleidd:

Can you not see Mjolnir bouncing off of Kurse's shoulder? Can you not see that Kurse's feet were already off the ground as he prepares to jump off the balcony with Malekith even before Mjolnir hit him? At this point you're clearly denying visual evidence. Also worth noting that this was a lightning amped Mjolnir throw and it's common knowledge that the striking power of Mjolnir gets a massive amp after it's charged with lightning.

Okay, so Kurse apparently wasn't knocked off-screen a second after getting hit from Mjolnir. Do you mind describing what actually happened in that scene?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd said:
@batman242 said:

@bleidd:

Okay, so Kurse apparently wasn't knocked off-screen a second after getting hit from Mjolnir. Do you mind describing what actually happened in that scene?

He wasn't knocked off-screen by Mjolnir, that's what am saying. Even if Mjolnir didn't hit him, he'd have still gone off-screen anyway. And I already described the scene to the best of my ability. So if you're not convinced, feel free to disagree.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd said:
@batman242 said:
@bleidd said:
@batman242 said:

@bleidd:

He wasn't knocked off-screen by Mjolnir, that's what am saying. Even if Mjolnir didn't hit him, he'd have still gone off-screen anyway. And I already described the scene to the best of my ability. So if you're not convinced, feel free to disagree.

So you're saying;

1. Mjolnir hits Kurse.

2. Kurse goes off-screen....

Am I right?

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, none of them are particularly impressive durability wise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd said:
@batman242 said:
@bleidd said:
@batman242 said:

@bleidd:

So you're saying;

1. Mjolnir hits Kurse.

2. Kurse goes off-screen....

Am I right?

No, am saying that you're thick.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Kurse. Thanos does not have any uber impressive durability feat from what I remember. Most of the things thrown at him, hurt him.

Your trolling, you have to be trolling

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About the same from what I see.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HitTheAssasin

Kurse. Via scaling, his raw durability should be about on-par, if not superior and his pain tolerance is decisively superior.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh come on, Kurse no sold direct strikes from Mjolnir. Thanos was made to bleed by 21st century human technology with just a punch.

Your not seriously trying to compare mjolnir to stormbreaker are you? Mjolnir is a childs sword compared to stormbreaker, more comparable to an ak-47. Thanos was severely injured by stormbreaker but did not die, kurse was pierced by loki's sword, his durability is not on the level of thanos

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

He tanked Thor's lightning and got up pretty quickly. That's better than anything Kurse did.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
@rbt said:

He tanked Thor's lightning and got up pretty quickly. That's better than anything Kurse did.

Kurse no sold hits from Thor as well, IIRC.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: He no sold punches from Thor and Mjolnir throws. Neither is approaching lightning in power.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

@rbt: He no sold punches from Thor and Mjolnir throws. Neither is approaching lightning in power.

I understand the punches, but why would Mjolnir strike less powerful than lightning? Thor's best striking feats are from Mjlonir.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aka_aka_aka_ak said:

Your not seriously trying to compare mjolnir to stormbreaker are you? Mjolnir is a childs sword compared to stormbreaker, more comparable to an ak-47. Thanos was severely injured by stormbreaker but did not die, kurse was pierced by loki's sword, his durability is not on the level of thanos

No, I wasn't talking about stormbreaker... "21st century human technology", I was talking about Iron Man

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos by a considerable margin, having that pillar dropped on him and tanking Thors full lightning is insane.

emailgeneratr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos obviously.

emailgeneratr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Thanos. People often ignore that in his fight with Kurse Thor never used lightning which has typically always been his most powerful attack.

Thanos tanked it.

No Caption Provided

And his lightning can do this.

No Caption Provided

Kurse has no feats to say he an tank that at all.

You also have what he did to Vision. Looks very much like he crushed his skull in casually which would require his hand to be more durable than Vibranium.

No Caption Provided

Now some have argued that the gem created an explosion and that's what destroyed the Vibranium in this scene but still that would make Thanos more durable than Vibranium. Which has better durability than Kurse.

That's not tanking. Thanos basically got ric-rolled by Thor, Lol.

Subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bleidd said:

Kurse no-sold Mjolnir on Asgard after he killed Frigga. BTW, is there any proof that the power stone enhances the users' durability?

Well, Ronan tanked a moon level explosion with the power stone, I doubt he could do that without the Stone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:
@bleidd said:

Well, Ronan tanked a moon level explosion with the power stone, I doubt he could do that without the Stone.

And how come you're so sure that that isn't Ronan's base durability? There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Ronan got a durability amp from the power stone.

EjorpSnruteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taking post-Ragnarok Hulk's hits is enough to give him the edge over Kurse. Thanos getting back up in little time from Thor shooting him with a stormbreaker amped lightning just makes it even more of a ridiculous one-sided topic.

But by all means, let's allow Kurse to continues to stay overrated on this forum.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Amcu

@rbt:

I understand the punches, but why would Mjolnir strike less powerful than lightning? Thor's best striking feats are from Mjlonir.

I think the striking feats you're thinking of are feats like this.

No Caption Provided

Where you get a combination of Mjolnir's power, lightning amp and Thor's strength.

As far as just a thrown Mjolnir its best feat is this.

No Caption Provided

Technically it was lightning amped when Kurse took it but it's not really easy to determine how much more that aids it. And regardless lightning is still more impressive with the only exception being in the case of Sokovia.

Blasting apart a section of the Bifrost that took 10 Mjolnir strikes to do similar damage to.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or ether of these feats.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Damaging this ship here is certainly better.

No Caption Provided

These ships being this durable.

No Caption Provided

@emailgeneratr:

That's not tanking. Thanos basically got ric-rolled by Thor, Lol.

Being ragdolled doesn't mean he didn't tank it. Thanos can't control his weight. He probably weighs no more than a couple tons so he got blasted back while he was unprepared. He still tanked it and got up in a split second.

No Caption Provided

If you have some other definition for tanking than fine and I'm not going debate you on that, but I call what Thanos did tanking.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aka_aka_aka_ak: 21st century tech? No one has made a new element yet

Ironman is the pinnacle of human tech

21st century have just about made jet packs

Subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bleidd said:

And how come you're so sure that that isn't Ronan's base durability? There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Ronan got a durability amp from the power stone.

Smh, I said "doubt", here's the exact definition from google.

Doubt - "a feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction."

How on earth does that suggest that I'm "so sure"?

And anyway, it also says on the wiki page: "The Stone's energy also enhances the user's strength and durability,".

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has better durability overall.

jayc1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is turning into a Thor respect thread lol I like it

jayc1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Thanos for sure though, Kurse took very weak hits from Thor and Mjolnir, Thanos has tanked lightning, is more durable than vibranium, and survived a ship falling into him with no damage.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: The Stones in the MCU don't increase durability unless they are activated.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Like you said, it's the lightning that makes all the difference. When Thor was trying to break the Bifrost, Mjolnir wasn't lightning amped. When he struck Kurse, it was.

But I saw the Thanos gif. It's more impressive than I remember. Though I don't know if it's necessarily out of Kurse's capabilities.

GranPkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse no selling Mjolnir is impressive, but that's also his only durability feat

Thanos on the other hand tanked Hulk's smashes, SB's lightning and some heavy hitting from Bleeding edge armor

I have to give it to Thanos, but not by far

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I'd say it's lightning and Thor's strength behind attacks that determine the damage output of Mjolnir. A non-lightning amped attack may be able to do more damage. In the fight against Iron Man, Thor's casual hammer throw seemed more effective than a casual stream of lightning. It depends on how much strength or lightning Thor puts into an attack.

Megafanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Thanos barely took any damage. Until the final act, only Bleeding edge Stark was able to scratch his face.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake said:

@rbt: I'd say it's lightning and Thor's strength behind attacks that determine the damage output of Mjolnir. A non-lightning amped attack may be able to do more damage. In the fight against Iron Man, Thor's casual hammer throw seemed more effective than a casual stream of lightning. It depends on how much strength or lightning Thor puts into an attack.

That's a very good point.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@amcu: Like you said, it's the lightning that makes all the difference. When Thor was trying to break the Bifrost, Mjolnir wasn't lightning amped. When he struck Kurse, it was.

But I saw the Thanos gif. It's more impressive than I remember. Though I don't know if it's necessarily out of Kurse's capabilities.

I know lightning makes a difference but in the case of all Thor's best striking feats he had a lightning amped Mjolnir and was also swinging it with his strength. We know based off of what he did to Hulk in the arena fight that Thor's strength alone provides extreme force.

No Caption Provided

I guess it depends on how you treat shockwaves vs ragdolling but this is at least Thor's best ragdolling feat. And that's with a casual hit from a random hammer.

The point I'm making is just that we don't know how much lightning amps Mjolnir on its own. His best feats are with Mjolnir, lightning amp and his strength.

Now back to the lightning in the same film this lightning was easily destroying a ship that withstood slamming into the ground at reentry speeds, hard enough to send shockwaves for thousands of feet. I'd argue doing that to said ship is a good deal better than any striking feat Thor has(Well besides Sokovia). And Thanos took that pretty well.