• 110 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

It's that time of the week. Time to look at the latest edition of Best Battles in New Comics. Comics often feature big battles with superheroes fighting supervillains. Sometimes we even have superheroes fighting other superheroes. Get ready to cheer and possibly cringe at the brutal punches being thrown.

There will be some spoilers below!

No Caption Provided

LOBO ANNUAL #1

(By Cullen Bunn, Robson Rocha, Guillermo Ortego, and Blond)

Lobo has a new contract. He's going after Sinestro. What better way to get his attention than to take out a potential Sinestro Corps new recruit?

No Caption Provided

It doesn't quite capture the Corps attention. Lobo comes up with a couple more attempts and finally faces them. They pull him out of his ship and let him have it.

No Caption Provided

He's done his research but there's only so much he can do. He knows there's really no point in fighting. It keeps going for a bit.

No Caption Provided

Looks like it's over for Lobo. Is this the end? The next page is even more gruesome. With Lobo finished, they head out.

But of course this isn't the end for Lobo. He has that hand dandy healing factor. Allowing them to think he's dead lets him follow them back to their base and hopefully to Sinestro. They do fight.

No Caption Provided

Is there more to this fight than there appears to be? What's really going on? Pick up the issue to find out.

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US - YEAR FOUR Chapter 13

(By Brian Buccellato, Bruno Redondo, Juan Albarran, and Rex Lokus)

It's been four years and the fighting continues. With the gods thrown into the mix, things are getting uglier. Hercules has decided to take things, and Wonder Woman's throat, into his own hands. Luckily, here comes Shazam.

No Caption Provided

Okay, so maybe that was sort of a cheap shot. He did zoom in and punch Herc in the back. Hercules recovers and gives Shazam a punch that would easily cave in a normal person's face. But Billy keeps on giving in return.

No Caption Provided

SIX GODS! Hercules is only one god.

Now this isn't the only fight going on. Batwoman gives Wonder Woman some attention too for what she did to Helena. But let's keep our focus on Shazam and Hercules.

No Caption Provided

He took the "H" back! Is Hercules (or 'Ercules) going to take that from him? You have to read to find out.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #48

(By Kevin Eastman, Bobby Curnow, Tom Waltz, Cory Smith, and Ronda Pattison)

Shredder is determined to put an end to Splinter and the Turtles. Baxter Stockman unleashes an attack against them.

No Caption Provided

This round isn't too bad for them. They work through and make their escape. But we know it can't be that easy. Especially since this happens at the beginning of the issues. Just when they think they're out of this mess...

No Caption Provided

Uh oh. The first wave was nothing compared to this. And they're not even on stable ground right now. All hope is not lost as they do get some reinforcements.

No Caption Provided

Things are good now, right? Nope. More and more robotic foes keep coming at them.

No Caption Provided

The Turtles just haven't been able to catch a break lately.

Looks like we're out of time.

No Caption Provided

Thanks to dondave for his suggestions.

What are your top three fights from this latest round of new comics? Support what you love and tell the world below. Also, don't forget to make nominations every week in this thread, especially if you feel we missed a great battle. You can even make suggestions via Twitter and use the hashtag #CVBattles.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 the_stegman  Moderator

Dayum, Shazam....you go boy.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By HolySerpent

Finally he's getting some respect

RybackStun93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@the_stegman said:

Of course he is. This isn't a main universe story... Everyone knows Captain Marvel gets his time to shine in stories that don't matter to the main DCU audience and Dan Didio.

I should pick up that issue though just so that I have it and keep it with the rest of my Cap collection :)

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious to see how the "H" pun will be traslated here in Italy, were Hercules is already called "Ercole"...

[but well, in some comics simply keep them "Hercules", couse is not fairy traslate "personal name" ...some superheroes name traslated in italian became very, very, very stupid... :) ]

baba3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole power of 6 gods line was badass until you stop and think, and remember that the S in his name is for Soloman, and Soloman wasn't a God.

Avatar image for senior_cuddlebuns
senior_cuddlebuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so can we call Shazam 6ix God now?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Aurelian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Batgirl annual?

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like that Lobo looks so young. It's annoying the hell out of me.

Shazam's dialogue was terrible.

How the hell are we in Year Four of Injustice, but I can't get another video game?

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baba3231: and Achilles and Hercules are only Half-Blood God

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

I didn't read the text, and I thought Shazam was fighting Aquaman honestly.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How come gods are weaker than Superman?

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nervmeister

Glad to see the Sinestro Corps arent jobbing to LOL-bo.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@holyserpent said:
@the_stegman said:

Of course he is. This isn't a main universe story... Everyone knows Captain Marvel gets his time to shine in stories that don't matter to the main DCU audience and Dan Didio.

I should pick up that issue though just so that I have it and keep it with the rest of my Cap collection :)

Which makes me wonder if DC is purposely misusing, or rather NOT using Shazam correctly so they can keep Superman in the sunlight (he was the most popular Superhero once upon a time.)

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@petey_is_spidey: Considering how big of a name Superman is, I highly doubt that giving Shazam more time in the spotlight would make Superman less popular

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Like that TMNT is getting some battle love

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal:

I have grown to like this new Lobo. He's a genuine bad ass, way smarter and more efficient than the old, loudmouth, clownish version. This Lobo is a master in stealth, he's calculating, cunning, smart, deadly, remorseless and effective. The old Lobo was basically a cartoon, being used by writers so that other characters could look good at his expense.

I loved this battle he had with Sinestro. It was just epic!

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@petey_is_spidey: Which is stupid since they OWN Captain Marvel now!! If they're fine with Batman overtaking Superman then why not give Captain Marvel a chance?! I love all three, but honestly? Billy DESERVES this

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal:

I have grown to like this new Lobo. He's a genuine bad ass, way smarter and more efficient than the old, loudmouth, clownish version. This Lobo is a master in stealth, he's calculating, cunning, smart, deadly, remorseless and effective. The old Lobo was basically a cartoon, being used by writers so that other characters could look good at his expense.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hating new "Lobo." He relies on plot device weaponry and doesn't keep his promises.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DarthAznable

To everyone complaining about Lobo's new look. You can only pull the 90's biker thing for so long. While I did enjoy his Young Justice Version quite a bit, I like the new look too. I mean his stats are less than they used to be and he definitely uses more weapons but he has gotten a skill boost and is still strong as fuck. He's a real bounty hunter now and not some joke character. Much better personality. I enjoy the new Lobo and wish people would stop complaining every time something changes in comics.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009 said:

@indomitableregal:

The comics are chuck full of characters that are stealthy, calculating, cunning, smart, deadly, remorseless and effective... Seriously you are just throwing meaningless attributes that can fit so many different characters. The reason old Lobo was awesome and why he stood out was because he was so different from anything else. Now that they made him just another pretty boy with all the same attributes as most other superheros he just blends in with the rest, just another run of the mill character.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: He's not even the same guy. Lobo is a name, not a mantle.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller said:
@blackdog2009 said:

@indomitableregal:

The comics are chuck full of characters that are stealthy, calculating, cunning, smart, deadly, remorseless and effective... Seriously you are just throwing meaningless attributes that can fit so many different characters. The reason old Lobo was awesome and why he stood out was because he was so different from anything else. Now that they made him just another pretty boy with all the same attributes as most other superheros he just blends in with the rest, just another run of the mill character.

I disagree completely and I prefer this version of lobo already. The old one was much more fun, but this one is much more interesting.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By darkdetective27

I dont read Injustice, but which side is Billy on. Im just curious. I didnt know he was in this comic.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TifaLockhart

@truth_teller: Why not make him his own character? Then the diehards wouldn't have anything to complain about. Giffen and Slifer sure as frag didn't create New 52 Lobo.

I don't even mind reading about him; I'm upset they took away my favorite.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DarthAznable

@atheistknowledge said:
@truth_teller said:
@blackdog2009 said:

@indomitableregal:

And we have plenty of cartoony, loudmouths like Lobo as well. His 90's version is outdated and writers wanted to try something a bit different, almost like his YJ version. Complaining won't solve anything. Especially when the character isn't entirely fleshed out yet.

Skult1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no deathstroke? no old man logan?

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller: Why not make him his own character? Then the diehards wouldn't have anything to complain about. Giffen and Slifer sure as frag didn't create New 52 Lobo.

I don't even mind reading about him; I'm upset they took away my favorite.

Makes perfect sense to me. That definitely would have been the best route to go with. It must be really awful for his old fans. I'd be furious too.

Avatar image for dannilosantiago
dannilosantiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By dannilosantiago

Captain Marv...I mean,Shazam would have my respect in INJUSTICE,but,I know what will happen to him in the end...As for Martian Manhunter,they don't get the respect they deserved on this story :/ Really both of them could be a huge treat to Superman's reign,they are powerful as him but...Well...Writers you know...

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice was good. It was one of those comics where it was good from start to the end. That punch was epic.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad, but with one feat Injustice Shazam surpassed everything New 52 version has done, such a waste to such a good character.

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: Each letter in the name "SHAZAM" stand for the first letter of the name of some "god" by wich he take/copy powers. "H" stand for Hercules

[really, he must be named S.H.A.Z.A.M. :) ]

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh I am so behind on TMNT :[

That was epic Captain Marvel stuff but I need to stop spoiling my self here. Also a bit behind :[

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wolfrazer

I'm getting bothered by the fact DC and Marvel treat Hercules, one of the greatest heroes created and some characters being based off him, get treated like ****. Marvel less so I suppose, but DC...you haven't shown him any respect since the 70s and that is a real shame. That Injustice issue, just put you even lower when I didn't think it would be possible.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin:

No way?! I never knew that. I knew his powers where supposed to represent different gods but I never put that together.

Although isn't Atlas a Titan? Guess it doesn't really matter since Hercules isn't exactly a god either.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I actually think Marvel treats Hercules well, especially after reading the Tieri mini series and that JLAvengers implied that Hippolyta was consensual.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting bothered by the fact DC and Marvel treat Hercules, one of the greatest heroes created and some characters being based off him, get treated like ****. Marvel less so I suppose, but DC...you haven't shown him any respect since the 70s and that is a real shame. That Injustice issue, just put you even lower when I didn't think it would be possible.

DC doesn't show much respect to most of their mythological characters.

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: Well... the "S" stand for Salomon [The Wisdom of Salomon], that was neither a Titan, a God, Half God or any other mythological being. Was a man and a king. Blessed by God maybe, but nothin "godling"... and he wasn't neither tied with Greek Mythology! :)

RexWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelian: There were so many good fights in the Batgirl Annual

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Solomon's wisdom wasn't his own, it came from the big "G" God. So I suppose in that respect, Shazam does have power derieved from six deities.

vasu12360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superior_prime_maybe: Hercules single handedly one shot ww and superman it was captain marvel who defeated him

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Does anyone but me thinks that DC Hercules looks a little like that other He-Man?

No Caption Provided

Still, good Shazam fight.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal:

Soooo, he'sbasically generic, badass, slick, assassin guy? Wow... so cool...

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@vasu12360: No, I meant that here Shazam seems stronger. and later Superman is easily able to ill him.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: This is true, but they show Herc moreso than any other and it's always in a bad light as he's always either getting beat down or just being the bad guy. His Unbound series from the 70s has been the only good thing DC has done with him.

@tifalockhart: They do, but the constant depowering of him is bothering. Is he still a mere mortal in Marvel?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingwillie: Why can't people just prefer what they prefer. Old school Lobo wasn't that original either.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 the_stegman  Moderator

People get so bent outta shape about new Lobo. I like him, I like the old one too, you can like both.