• 58 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

It's that time of the week. Time to look at the latest edition of Best Battles in New Comics. Comics often feature big battles with superheroes fighting supervillains. Sometimes we even have superheroes fighting other superheroes. Get ready to cheer and possibly cringe at the brutal punches being thrown.

There will be some spoilers below!

No Caption Provided

DEATHSTROKE #8

(By Tony Daniel, James Bonny, Sandu Florea, and Tomeu Morey)

Deathstroke has kind of gotten himself into a sticky situation. He took on a job to kill an actual god. He even has a special fancy sword made by Hephaestus. Instead of killing the god, he actually unleashed him upon the world. Wonder Woman isn't too happy as it means the end of the Amazons and...the entire world. She thinks Slade is extremely arrogant if he thinks he can kill a god. And the fighting begins.

No Caption Provided

After she slammed him down to talk to him, he flips her off. Now it's one thing for Slade to think he can kill some random god with a shiny sword. You would think he'd know better than to flip Diana off him like this. She doesn't take it lightly.

No Caption Provided

Slade is pretty tough and good fighter but he might be a little out-matched. Still, he's not going to give up. Diana actually questions why he doesn't try fighting back now that he started the fight.

No Caption Provided

Will he be the last one standing? You'll have to buy the issue to see how it plays out.

PUNISHER #20

(By Nathan Edmondson and Mitch Gerads)

It's the end of the world as Frank Castles knows it. Yeah, he feels fine, even though he's taking quite a beating. The Incursion Wave from Secret Wars is coming. What does Frank do? He sets out to punish some really vile people. But has he gotten in over his head?

No Caption Provided

Frank is like a machine. He's so focused on this final mission. Why would he let something like getting shot several times stop him?

No Caption Provided

To Frank, it's all about the final punishment. That's all he cares about. He knows he's probably not walking away from this one. But he's not going to sit around and wait for the world to end. He's going to do as much as he can with what time he has left.

No Caption Provided

Only Frank would go out like this.

No Caption Provided

And, just so you know, this isn't the end of the issue. There is still plenty more to see. No way we'd spoil the ending here. You'll have to check it out for yourself!

ARCHIE VS. PREDATOR #4

(By Alex de Campi, Fernando Ruiz, Rich Koslowski, and Jason Millet)

Things are really bad in Riverdale. So many of Archie's friends have been brutally killed by a Predator. After Archie was seriously injured last issue, Veronica and Betty make their way to Veronica's father's panic room. It turns out, he has a lot of ammunition and weaponry on hand along with some equipment that can help Archie heal from his wounds. Veronica isn't going to take this threat lying down after losing so many friends.

No Caption Provided

Surely an intergalactic assassin would be able to avoid getting shot by a rich teenager with a machine gun. Luckily Archie does manage to do some heeling. It turns out the machine was cranked up a little too high. He was pumped up with all sorts of stuff that amped up his...everything.

No Caption Provided

Even this cranked up version of Archie isn't a match for the Predator. These are desperate times so Betty knows she has to try doing something as well.

No Caption Provided

Nooo! Poor Betty!! If you think that's bad, you need to see what happens after. This is such a brutal issue. I just never thought certain things would happen to these character even though they're in a comic with an actual Predator. It's pretty crazy.

No Caption Provided

Thanks to dondave and Zach Sarandrea for their suggestions.

What are your top three fights from this latest round of new comics? Support what you love and tell the world below. Also, don't forget to make nominations every week in this thread, especially if you feel we missed a great battle. You can even make suggestions via Twitter and use the hashtag #CVBattles.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Outside_85

So when he is not busy saving Gotham, Bruce is earning a bit of extra cash on the side as a mercenary? :)

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm really pissed the writers did this predator archie crossover

Fock em the old writers at least knew what they were doing.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Archie stuff is brutal!

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Tony Daniels has been killing it, no pun intended, on deathstroke! AvsP conclusion was insane! Not sure I'm crazy about the ending issue but the pervious three are solid. Fun crossover.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Slade looks an uncanny amount like Bruce Wayne.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: That's the plot twist. He's Bruce's long lost brother.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Or real father given the age difference between them.

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So sad the the Punisher is ending

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@johnapocalypse: With him headlining the next season of Daredevil I'm sure he'll be back sooner than later.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pr0metheus said:

Yeah, they should have kept Slade blonde.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

These books are guaranteed to make this list.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm really pissed the writers did this predator archie crossover

Fock em the old writers at least knew what they were doing.

I thought it was a really bizarre crossover idea too.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

wait when did slade get his eye back!!!

Wheres his white hair!!!

Why does he still have one eye hole if he has both eyes

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Diana is street level confirmed.

DCWarFan73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@johnapocalypse: I am sad that Punisher is ending too... Way to go Marvel ya chumps.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Diana is street level confirmed.

What do you mean street level?

Also Slade and Hessia. That's interesting.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_thief: in the last arc this organization did something to him that made him younger and grew back his eye. He still uses his normal mask because his new eye throws him off.

GeekOfKrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...Does the sword give Slade some extra powers or something? Why is he able to take those blows from Diana? He is still just a man right? he just got a tree trunk slammed into his body...last time I checked he couldn't survive something like that.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_thief: in the last arc this organization did something to him that made him younger and grew back his eye. He still uses his normal mask because his new eye throws him off.

interesting

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By nefarious

Archie vs Predator is not a good battle.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CalvinRod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CalvinRod

Good job.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

So...Does the sword give Slade some extra powers or something? Why is he able to take those blows from Diana? He is still just a man right? he just got a tree trunk slammed into his body...last time I checked he couldn't survive something like that.

No, it's the armor that allows him to do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AvP was fun, kind of a weird ending tho

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Epic fights

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Deathstroke vs. Wonder Woman fight was actually bad. Art was great, but the fight itself wasn't good.

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: lol same thing I thought, they need to make him blonde again when he's young.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Tony S. Daniel said on Twitter that the sword has made Slade more powerful. He also insinuated that he might be taking punches from Superman in the next issue.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Injustice Hercules fight was good. Love the Punisher fight the best of this week.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank going down, and ultimately out, in a blaze of glory. Really hope a new series gets announced soon. Maybe a new MAX series?

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KingWillie

@pr0metheus said:

Honestly, I feel like alot of white, male comic characters look veeerrryy much like Bruce Wayne. I notice it all the time. Literally because they're just "generic, good looking, white guy" It's kind of annoying....

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I am so glad Diana defeated Deathstroke without much hard work

@master_thief: I think it was either at end of issue 1 or two, he got some kind of surgery to make him younger as well getting a new eye. The black hair is probably because Manu Bennett

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Tony Daniel doesn't draw anything better than Wonder Woman. She's amazing every time he draws her.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why I find the Archie stuff so pathetic, we get it you want to be shocking and edgy you try way way to hard.

Avatar image for originalalchemist
originalalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I have to agree with you. I love Deathstroke, but New 52 Diana is basically on Superman's level. Only a few issues ago Slade was fighting Batman and had to distract him to end the fight. Now he is is just taking hits from Wonder Woman? I just don't see Slade standing up to that kind of beating. Of course though I'm going to have to go and read the issue before I pass any real judgement. I've been enjoying the series so far.

Avatar image for oldschoolavangers
OldSchoolAvangers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules taking on Supes, Diana and Hal? No? ok....

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher died like a badass.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh.. Why do the writers do that with Deathstroke..?

galacticshrub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This last issue of Archie vs. Predator left me with a general feeling of WTF?! I know we're dealing with some fairly silly subject matter, but overall the tone of the series has been consistent and entertaining, but this last issue chucked all that aside. A pretty heavy dose of deus ex machina, and an ending that was over-the-top ridiculous. It honestly felt like they weren't sure how to end it and were just like "eh, that should be good enough". Oh well, at least the new Archie series by Mark Waid appears to be some top notch stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman once again proves why she's the queen

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda funny, Slade is a street level character who didn't even fight back against Diana yet she somehow comes out looking worse then him.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wtf drugs are you on that you put a friggen archie comic in best battles? get off the crack man, you are failing at your job

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Maybe because he was amped by a god weapon? I expected him to do more damage to be honest.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Maybe because he was amped by a god weapon? I expected him to do more damage to be honest.

@geekofkrypton said:

Yes. Tony S. Daniel said on Twitter that the sword has made Slade more powerful. He also insinuated that he might be taking punches from Superman in the next issue.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: I know about the weapon but he didn't fight back, i find it kinda funny.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By feebadger

@bumpyboo Hey you! Yeah you! Moderator lady! Thought i might chuck this question to you as, well, why the hell not! :) I love what they've been doing with the Archie comics, that a company is willing to take such risks with their characters. But i'm curious, as i'm not a reader of them myself; who are they actually pitching these types of Archie comics to? I've always assumed that younger readers buy Archie, but a bunch of the new ones (like the above) are obviously not for littlies. So are these books successful? They seem to be, so who's reading them? And how do we get DC to grow a sense of fun and do the same?

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Confused. How does Wonder Woman not punch Deathstroke into orbit again? She can help pull the Earth she should be able to squish Deathstroke with her thumb like a gnat.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher died like a badass.

That's the only way he knows how to do anything.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

Confused. How does Wonder Woman not punch Deathstroke into orbit again? She can help pull the Earth she should be able to squish Deathstroke with her thumb like a gnat.

I explained twice in this page alone that the writer said deathstroke is currently amped by the sword.