Best Battles in New Comics: 5/8/15

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

It's that time of the week. Time to look at the latest edition of Best Battles in New Comics. Comics often feature big battles with superheroes fighting supervillains. Sometimes we even have superheroes fighting other superheroes. Get ready to cheer and possibly cringe at the brutal punches being thrown.

No Caption Provided

ANT-MAN #5

Scott Lang is fighting for his daughter's life. She's been kidnapped and her heart is intended to be transplanted into Darren Cross. Having just been revived, he's itching to put the smackdown on Ant-Man.

No Caption Provided

Scott recovers and is determined to get Cross away from his daughter, who is in a pretty fragile condition. Darren actually helps out by taking the fight outdoors. Too bad they're a few floors up.

No Caption Provided

With help from the Pym Particles, Scott is able to reduce his mass and shift around to a safer location. His plan is to let Cross take on the full impact of the fall.

Scott is also just trying to stall in order for his daughter to be saved. He calls up an army of ants but there's also another way to deal with Cross.

No Caption Provided

That's actually Cross' kid calling out "daddy." This fight isn't quite over and neither is Scott's fight. If all this fighting wasn't enough, he also has to shrink down and fight some white blood cells.

No Caption Provided

It's not easy being a superhero and a father.

CONVERGENCE: SUPERMAN #2

It's unfortunate for these different reality DC heroes. They've been forced to fight each other for the survival of their worlds. In the first issue we saw a pre-New 52Superman (with a pregnant wife-Lois) attacked by some Flashpoint heroes (Captain Thunder/Shazam, Cyborg, and Abin Sur/Green Lantern).

No Caption Provided

Superman's not quite alone. Jimmy's here too in a fancy flying car. He does provide some distraction but also becomes a target which means Superman has to save him as well as fight these guys.

The Flashpoint guys are determined to push on the fight. Cyborg decides to fire upon Superman full strength.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, that's not going to stop Superman. He can take that and more.

No Caption Provided

Captain Thunder decides to push on as well. He gets in some nice punches (read the issue to check it out). Superman hears Lois calling out to him so he decides it's time to put a stop to Captain Thunder and the fight. But there's still Abin Sur to deal with.

No Caption Provided

You'll want to see how the rest goes. It's too bad this wasn't more than just two issues.

SECRET WARS #1

As soon as I read this, I knew it'd have to be included. It was also the only one suggested on Twitter.

There's whole lot going on here. What it comes down to is the Ultimate Universe decides to attack the 616 universe as incursion is about to occur and destroy both worlds. It's better to destroy one in order to save the other, right?

Here we see some muscle from the 616 targeting the Triskelion with Nick Fury and Hawkeye inside. Time for the old Fastball Special.

No Caption Provided

Hulk put a nice dent in the place but it'll take more than just that. So Hulk, Colossus and She-Hulk decide to give it that little extra push to topple things in their favor.

No Caption Provided

Timber!

This is just one part of the battle. Attacks have been happening on the other side as well. It's almost heart-breaking seeing these heroes fighting each other.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Is there any hope? The world's about to end. Imagine what it must be like for the average citizens seeing all this happening around them.

We actually do get a closer look at the street level. A bunch of villains decide to sit back, have some drinks, and watch the heroes fight each other on TV. Of course the Punisher has other things on his mind.

No Caption Provided

You don't want to miss this issue. I'm assuming you've read it. If not, pick it up. Issue #2 is on sale next week.

No Caption Provided

What are your top three fights from this latest round of new comics? Support what you love and tell the world below. Also, don't forget to make nominations every week in this thread, especially if you feel we missed a great battle. You can even make suggestions via Twitter and use the hashtag #CVBattles.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I didn't pick up any tie-in to Convergence, only the Convergence-title.. Can someone tell me if superheroes from an other world must kill superheroes from an other world? I hope that that sentence made sense..

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Impervious

nice line up of battles this week

Kingthunder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeluutzen: I kind of get what you are asking but its more on the lines of kill or be killed. If the hero/ villain who is chosen to fight another DC hero/villain and they lose of course they are going to die ( that's if they are fighting villains like in Batman and Robin or are fighting heroes with the mentality of winning no matter the cost like in Superman book)and their world also is going to die but pretty much all the tie ins that I have so far have been happy endings and im cool with that. Hope this kinda answered you question and made sense.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Didn't Abin Sur become a White Lantern at the end of Flashpoint?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

nice to see abin sur action

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

now that just badass.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Hmm, I kinda doubt that since just about everyone ended up dead in Flashpoint... and didn't Abin bleed out in orbit over Earth?

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scavengerfist said:

Hmm, I kinda doubt that since just about everyone ended up dead in Flashpoint... and didn't Abin bleed out in orbit over Earth?

Well I remember in his Flashpoint mini he was tasked to acquire the Life Equation in the center of the Earth, where the Life Equation transformed him into a WL. But after that the comic ended.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Very nice art and solid action. Wish Abin would be the main earth GL

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't pick up any tie-in to Convergence, only the Convergence-title.. Can someone tell me if superheroes from an other world must kill superheroes from an other world? I hope that that sentence made sense..

That depends, technically, they do need to beat the other, in order to survive, but there are ther ways, on Convergence Batgirl #2 - The Love Song of Stephanie Brown, Part 2Steph was supposed to fight Catman, but instead everyone had to fight Gorilla Grodd , who came to Convergence along-side Catman, since that when they were "kidnapped" they were fighting each other, and the heros fought Grodd, pretty much because Grodd attacked them and would kill them, Grodd and Cass started fighting each other, Grodd won, and then Steph and Catman realised that they couldn't beat Grodd, so they had to fake a fight between them, on which Catman let's Steph K.O him, so that Gotham citizens can live, since everyone on Catman's city was killed by Grodd's troops...when the portal opened, they got away.

I've not read every convergence tie-in, but this just comes to show, that there are ways, to "full the system" if you understand what i'm saying.

Although, Convergence #5 - Liberty?indicates, that they might not need to fight to survive anymore...now, it looks like it's more about figting for freedom.

Morioh_Jo98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Morioh_Jo98

The Ultimate universe: Pissing away their big guns like Giant Men & Hulks while also pissing away their relationship with the X-Men more than 616 ever did since the year 2000.

I mean even though 1610 didn't have a chance to begin with, ya have to admit they would have had a 10% chance in fighting back if they actually had powerhouses.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The issue I have with Marvel's big crossovers is that so many characters get completely lost because everything becomes about cosmic this or world-ending that. Every story seems so focused characters like Doom and Reed Richards that the characters I like (ground levels and fighters) are completely overlooked. In fact, the 1610 Hawkeye spent the entire issue literally just standing next to Fury. It was the same in Infinity where the majority of the crossover had Black Widow, Cap, and Hawkeye in a ship not doing a damn thing.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SO done with Hero vs. Hero. Every Marvel event now-a-days seems to center entirely around finding a way to make heroes fight each other.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 owie  Moderator  Online

So is Stature the daughter of Scott Lang mentioned here? Is she back alive?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Speedforce 2 should have made it.

That kick to the head.Epic.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ultragreenboy

@tensor: Did Wally win ?

If he didn't I'm gonna be pretty upset.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By tensor
Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ultragreenboy
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

Speedforce 2 should have made it.

That kick to the head.Epic.

The only suggestions this week was a landslide for SECRET WARS. I did my best reading through ALL the Convergence titles yesterday.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: She was brought back in December's AVENGERS WORLD #16 (I think). She's also been in every issue of this current ANT-MAN series.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

man i was very disappointed with convergence this week. besides Superman 2 and Speed force 2. the rest were boring and ridiculous

The Oracle and Nightwing beating a bloodthirsty Hawkwoman and Hawkman -_-

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 owie  Moderator  Online

@g_man said:

@owie: She was brought back in December's AVENGERS WORLD #16 (I think). She's also been in every issue of this current ANT-MAN series.

Thanks!

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zearing
No Caption Provided

now that just badass.

I'm not a big Punisher fan, but I loved that scene!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked what The Punisher did

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked what The Punisher did

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not much of a Punisher fan either, but that scene put a slight smile on my face......which turned into a puzzled look considering Sandman is there and isn't affected by bullets.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

The Secret Wars battle was an absolute favorite. Plus that Punisher scene is such an epic one

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always dig the bar with no name.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bar with no name is the best part

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thedailybagel  Moderator

@theblackhood: to be fair in conflicts like that the ground level heroes like cap and Hawkeye are much better off calling the shots. I mean, in a battle like that with dozens of hellicarriers and army of legitimate powerhouses on each side there isn't much a street leveler like clint could do in a ground fight. He'd be 20 second fodder at best

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklegraph: "Puny" probably wanted to go swinging with his boots on since everything was about to end within hours anyway.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By green_skaar
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

As a 1610 Marvel fan, I like best what Ultimate Vision stated about 616 Universe when 616 Galactus visited Ultimate universe.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Its that simple. the 616 has simply MORE to it. They will win. Sucks. That is not to say Ultimate versions are inferior to 616 Versions, there is simply more characters and cosmic beings in 616 universe, and they work together at that. Period.

nfareed71024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

third level battletoad lol

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

You'd think the Bar with No Name's owners would have banned the Punisher by now...

Armaghetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Armaghetto

I couldn't agree more. NOW with Convergence it's DC as well. Image actually has some amazing story-based books out. Also Valiant. I'm leaning more towards all of those. Black Science, Nailbiter, Birthright and Saga are just a few favorites.

SO done with Hero vs. Hero. Every Marvel event now-a-days seems to center entirely around finding a way to make heroes fight each other.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kick Superman´s super crotch!!!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@armaghetto: Well this is one example of hero vs hero, for the most part DC stays away from that.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That war isn't "secret"! Amirite? ... I'll show myself the way out...

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, wasn't this @k4tzm4n 's thing? I've been gone for awhile, so can someone fill me in please?

Avatar image for originalalchemist
originalalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos911 said:

That war isn't "secret"! Amirite? ... I'll show myself the way out...

I was actually thinking the same thing myself. Let me follow you out that door...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#43  Edited By Teerack

Man it's really cool seeing Superman in a comic again.