• 65 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Hey there, thanks for taking some time to check out the latest edition of Best Battles in New Comics! We appreciate your attention, so we'll do our best to make sure the fights and the recap is entertaining. Or you can just look at the pictures and skip all of the writing. If that's the case, you're probably not even reading this part, are you? Oh well, hopefully they enjoy those pictures! For those still reading along (thanks!), we're very happy with the latest edition. We have one big and brutal group battle, a cheerworthy and fun action sequence, and a gripping and striking conflict between two skilled assassins who hate each other a whole lot. As usual, there were more than three awesome brawls in the latest wave of new comics, so if your top choices aren't below, go ahead and give them a ton of love in the comments.

No Caption Provided

EARTH 2: WORLD'S END #25

Our first highlight is all about Darkseid's invasion of Earth-2 and the comic was created by a lot of people. Seriously, there's 11 names on the cover. Basically, humanity is attempting to flee its own planet, but Apokolips' forces aren't just waving goodbye to them. They're relentlessly attacking the evacuation ships and as if that isn't bad enough, the ridiculously powerful Darkseid is causing all kinds of trouble on the ground. Power Girl sees the big bad with Val-Zod at his mercy, so she rushes into action. It's what any hero would do! But when it's the Darkseid you're rushing at? Yeah, good luck with that one, Kara.

Power Girl possesses the
Power Girl possesses the "punch in the face equation."

She may be powerful -- "power" is in her name, after all -- but come on, this is Darkseid we're talking about. The large villain is a titan and there's several good reasons he's one of DC's most infamous villains. Power Girl gives the struggle everything she's got and she even manages to land a brutal attack, but at the end of the day, not many can take down Darkseid in a brawl.

A for effort, Power Girl, but you know it's hopeless when Darkseid busts out the effortless backhand attack.
A for effort, Power Girl, but you know it's hopeless when Darkseid busts out the effortless backhand attack.

Kara fought bravely, but one can only take so many Omega Beams and super-strong strikes. After that harsh backhand, she's not getting up in the near future and things aren't looking very optimistic for her. Luckily for Kara, she's not alone in this fight. You probably have a good idea about who leaps in nexdt, but we won't tell you how it goes down. However, what we will tell you is that character also fails to topple Darkseid (like you really thought he'd fall so soon?) and then even more heroes show up. And while they're struggling to overcome, some familiar faces enter the madness and throw everything they've got at the cosmic foe.

Why aim for the glowing eye when you can attack the big, blue armor?
Why aim for the glowing eye when you can attack the big, blue armor?

Does anyone else believe it's kind of cute Batman thinks his explosive attack stunned Darkseid? No disrespect, Thomas, but when Kryptonians and magic aren't cutting it, your standard explosive and some basic projectiles probably aren't going to do much good, either. Still, you can't blame them for at least trying -- the human race is on the line, after all. We won't completely spoil the ending, but we can't resist telling you that it ends with the promise of even more action in the next chapter.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #40

Our second highlight comes from Peter J. Tomasi, Patrick Gleason, Mick Gray, and John Kalisz's latest issue of BATMAN AND ROBIN. There's still an annual issue on the way which is written by Tomasi (it goes on sale next week), but this is the final issue for this creative team. Yeah, we're sad, too. If you've been following along, you know Damian Wayne now has super powers and according to his father -- someone who's kind of smart -- those powers are fluctuating and won't be permanent. Luckily for the latest Robin, he has an opportunity to unleash those powers on an unpopulated island! There's a giant creature wandering around and the Justice league is heading in to take it down. Finally, Damian can fully unleash!

Damian does the best he can to avenge his best friend, Billy Batson.
Damian does the best he can to avenge his best friend, Billy Batson.

Billy Batson isn't off to the most brilliant start ever, but at least Damian is letting loose like a boss and he's the one we're here to see anyway, right? Damian proudly fights alongside some of DC's most popular heroes and he does his best to be a part of the team, but he isn't untouchable and the big opponent finally grabs Robin. However, being restrained makes Damian realize he has yet another power: heat vision!

A hothead with heat vision. Nothing could possibly go wrong. Nope. Nothing at all.
A hothead with heat vision. Nothing could possibly go wrong. Nope. Nothing at all.

Usually we try to avoid revealing how a battle ends, but seeing as this fight is only the beginning of the issue and there's way more to love after it, we have no problem showing off the cool ending. People following the series know Billy is very enthusiastic about Damian being with them. He wants to bond with the kid and as you'd probably expect, Damian isn't exactly friendly and warm. That said, he does recognize how Billy could be useful in a fight and he makes sure to put that tactical advantage to good use. Regular punches aren't cutting it, so Damian comes up with an attack that's a little more spectacular.

Thor saved them! Yay!
Thor saved them! Yay!

Like we said above, this is the creative team's final issue with the Dynamic Duo, so you can bet things get very interesting once the fight is over. It's so tempting to give you a hint about what happens, but we'll fight the urge to spoil the twist. And the way it all ends? So fitting.

ELEKTRA #11

It's the final issue of ELEKTRA and unlike BATMAN AND ROBIN, it doesn't have one last annual issue on the way. In the finale of W. Haden Blackman, Michael Del Mundo, and Marco D'Alfonso'sElektra story, the anti-hero comes face to face with a recently healed Bullseye. He's not just healed, though; he's boosted! Throw in the fact the accurate assassin isn't alone in this fight and things seriously aren't looking good for Elektra.

That final panel, man...
That final panel, man...

So yeah, that wasn't exactly a pleasant experience for Elektra, was it? Bullseye's vicious beating seriously damaged Elektra's skull and now she can't see out of one of her eyes. But once her friends (or maybe she'd call them "associates?") are put in danger, she finds the strength to get back up, just let any great fighter would. If Rocky can take a beating from Drago and continue fighting, why can't Elektra get back up after Bullseye pummeled her head? That's a totally valid comparison -- don't question it! Elektra doesn't get back up and mutter something like, "Is that all you've got?" No, she quite literally leaps back into action and goes all out. Pray for anyone in her sights.

Elektra Kombat.
Elektra Kombat.

You're giving these panels the attention they deserve, right? It's a dark and savage struggle as Elektra struggles to fight for her life, and the visuals capture all of the intensity so perfectly. From making Bullseye seem twisted to being shocked by the damage Elektra's endured, it all looks so very good. The choregraphy is excellent, too. There's no confusion over what's going on and you can appreciate each and every motion in the battle. Oh, and speaking of the battle, Bullseye happens to be a little distracted -- we won't tell you why -- and Elektra capitalizes on the opening.

That second panel is so satisfying. I feel a little bad because Bullseye doesn't have dental insurance, though.
That second panel is so satisfying. I feel a little bad because Bullseye doesn't have dental insurance, though.

We're pretty confident you won't predict how this fight ends and ELEKTRA avoiding predictability is just one of the many reasons why we love it! It's too bad this is the end of the run, but it's a pretty gripping finale and the ending is such a tease -- it'll make you wish they had at least one more issue with the character. Thanks for all of the delightful craziness, ELEKTRA.

No Caption Provided

What are your top three fights from this latest round of new comics? Support what you love and tell the world below. Also, don't forget to make nominations every week in the official thread or tell us via Twitter. Have a good weekend!

UltimateSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nice.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I love the beating Kara put on Darkseid, and also ofc just love a fight with Darkseid :D

But that Elektra fight seems so damn brutal...ofc in a good way.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where was new avengers ?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally some ok fights after weeks of crud

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Some pretty great fights this week; nice read.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadabb79d667
deactivated-5eadabb79d667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Where was new avengers ?

totally agree with this one. the whole battle was epic to say the least

Avatar image for bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai
BH6ShouldHavehadSilverSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I love the latest issue of Batman and Robin, but is it just me or does the perspective seem kind of weird when the giant bug shoots it's mouth beam?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

Darkseid keeps getting his eyes messed up.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@z3ro180 said:

Where was new avengers ?

Just like the CHRONONAUTS #1 cover, we used a certain color for that highlight and only a certain amount of people can actually see it.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian has powers. Somebody explain please.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

that Elektra battle was beyond sick

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Valiant 4 Bloodshot and Kay vs. Mr. Flay not making this list is a travesty. A travesty, I say!

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Cool fights

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Epic lightning panel. Awesome!

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Where was new avengers ?

That was Thor not Female Thor... By default uninteresting for ComicVine staff...

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By mak13131313

Great picks this week! That Darkseid fight was awesome. And the Batman and Robin fight was awesome as well.

RexWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Great picks this week! That Darkseid fight was awesome. And the Batman and Robin fight was awesome as well.

Thanks, sir mak!

The Valiant 4 Bloodshot and Kay vs. Mr. Flay not making this list is a travesty. A travesty, I say!

YOU'RE A TRAVESTY! Nah, it was strongly considered, though (Bloodshot firing with his head twisted was great).

@asgaard said:

@z3ro180 said:

Where was new avengers ?

That was Thor not Female Thor... By default uninteresting for ComicVine staff...

Yeah! Thor? More like snore, AMIRITE? We'd never put him in this segment or praise him -- not even once!

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Asgaard

@k4tzm4n said:
@asgaard said:

@z3ro180 said:

Where was new avengers ?

Yeah! Thor? More like snore, AMIRITE? We'd never put him in this segment or praise him -- not even once!

And yet none of the fights that you post in this article was as epic as the fight in New Avengers last issue...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@asgaard said:

@k4tzm4n said:
@asgaard said:

@z3ro180 said:

Where was new avengers ?

And yet none of the fights that you post in this article was as epic as the fight in New Avengers last issue...

I'll read that as, "Okay, you're right. That jab was a petty and not true, but I still think the NEW AVENGERS issue should have been in here."

It's okay, sometimes people don't give their posts a proper amount of thought before hitting send. It happens to all of us; God knows I've done it. As for a fight not being in here, each and every week we ask for recommendations because we can't read every issue before working on the segment. No one suggested it and seeing as it's not a title that often focuses on big battles, we didn't rush to check it out just for this. Just like the intro always says, we encourage people to say why they loved a battle if it's not in here. That way it'll actually motivate people to check it out.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone now how the fight with Darksied went down?

RexWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: hahaha good point, I'm not one of the blessed 1% who can see the illusion

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Asgaard

@k4tzm4n said:

@asgaard said:

@k4tzm4n said:
@asgaard said:

@z3ro180 said:

Where was new avengers ?

I'll read that as, "Okay, you're right. That jab was a petty and not true, but I still think the NEW AVENGERS issue should have been in here."

It's okay, sometimes people don't give their posts a proper amount of thought before hitting send. It happens to all of us; God knows I've done it. As for a fight not being in here, each and every week we ask for recommendations because we can't read every issue before working on the segment. No one suggested it and seeing as it's not a title that often focuses on big battles, we didn't rush to check it out just for this. Just like the intro always says, we encourage people to say why they loved a battle if it's not in here. That way it'll actually motivate people to check it out.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even if i was unfair in my first post, i really don't understand your argument the cover of the issue and the building of Jonathan Hickman in Avengers and New Avengers was pretty clear from what was going to happen in New Avengers issue 32... I m certain that you guys are reading time runs out.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@asgaard: Covers and solicitations can often be misleading or not actually represent what is happening in the issue. I've spent far too much money doing research for this segment only to see the solicit or cover is only teasing what happens in the cliffhanger or even not at all. The simple fact is I didn't get around to reading this issue before working on the segment and NO ONE recommended it. Considering it's often a comic that has a very strong emphasis on plot and not extended action, I was in no rush to check it out, especially when there were so many other good options I needed to weigh.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra wins.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: then I must not be one of the chosen :P anyway as per usual the fights this week was indeed epic.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sly_141: He beat them down. Next up is the Green Lantern of Earth 2.

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n I gotta say this is one of the best err bestest best battles to date!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@darkseid_prime said:

@k4tzm4n I gotta say this is one of the best err bestest best battles to date!

Best Best Battles comment!

@z3ro180 said:

@k4tzm4n: then I must not be one of the chosen :P anyway as per usual the fights this week was indeed epic.

Thanks. Feel free to give that NEW AVENGERS some love if you want to!

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Elektra fight looked insane

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#33 frozen  Moderator

I love the beating Kara put on Darkseid, and also ofc just love a fight with Darkseid :D

But that Elektra fight seems so damn brutal...ofc in a good way.

Landing a few good hits before getting pimp-slapped qualifies as a ''beating''?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34 frozen  Moderator

@sly_141 said:

Anyone now how the fight with Darksied went down?

No Caption Provided

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

,,,,you didnt read the comic-book did you?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's a bit odd seeing Robin flying around with SM & WW

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like these battles. That Darkseid pimpslap, though.....

TheParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheParadox
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

good week for some fighting.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bull val is more powerful the this

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Not yet...I am guessing she gets destroyed? >_>

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Not yet...I am guessing she gets destroyed? >_>

lol yea man. its darkseid. he wrecked all of them

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Yeah true, Darkseid is the biggest badass. But You'd still think that an earth with 2 Kryptonians and older heroes would be able to stand up at least a bit better than the JL did before it even formed ( ._.)

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best battles in weeks.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW, the best part about Batman And Robin was this panel:

No Caption Provided

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@serrure said:

that Elektra battle was beyond sick

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good stuff when Darkseid comes in comics

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EarthsMightiest

From what I see im going to pick up E2 Worlds End in trade. Yeah my vote goes to team Thor and Hyperion vs Beyonders as the EPIC fight of the week!