• 74 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

We all love a compelling story or an insightful look at one of our favorite fictional characters, but when so many comic books are populated with individuals that are ridiculously good at fighting or have a variety of cool super powers, you can't help but want to see 'em go at it once in awhile. Luckily for us, that's something that happens each and every week and usually there's a ton of it! Usually it's tough to narrow down the options to just three of the best new action scenes and this week was no exception. That means if your top fight isn't below, go ahead and give it some love in the comments. Your praise just may motivate someone else to pick up the comic, after all. Now, we'll stop babbling so you can see exactly what you came in here to see: Awesome fight scenes!

The second highlight is pretty bloody, so skip that one if you're not too fond of graphic violence.

No Caption Provided

HULK #10

Who doesn't love a slugfest between two powerhouses? If you're saying, "I don't," then you should probably just skip to the next highlight. Then again, who checks out this segment and isn't a fan of powerhouse fights? For everyone else -- and we're guessing that's most of you -- it's time to take a look at Gerry Duggan, Mark Bagley, Drew Hennessy and Jason Keith's latest issue of HULK. If you haven't been following along, all you really need to know is HulkDoc Green is depowering other Hulks and his latest target is Thunderbolt Ross, a.k.a. Red Hulk/Rulk. Doc Green isn't dumb, so he's able to use Matt Murdock to lure Ross out in the open. Before the two clash, the Man Without Fear points out these two titans need to take the fight outside of San Francisco because a brawl between these two could cause an absurd amount of damage and risk many lives. The two then hop away from the City By the Bay and eventually go crashing into Napa Valley. Realizing they're surrounded by beautiful scenery, they agree to sit down and talk about gamma radiation and see if they can reach a peaceful resolution. Just kidding, it's time for punches.

"Wow, that's a big fist." You're welcome, the few Kung Fu Hustle fans reading this.

That's just the beginning of all of the craziness that's about to go down. There's a lot of history between these two and this quickly turns into a savage fight that's full of smashing, chopping, kicking, snapping (yes, snapping) and even biting. It's fierce, it's brutal, and thanks to the art team, it's awesome. Here, have another look at some big hits and the fast-paced chaos.

Doc Green takes some advice from The Karate Kid's John Kreese.
Doc Green takes some advice from The Karate Kid's John Kreese.

Once Ross falls on right on his butt, Doc Green takes advantage of the opportunity and begins to harshly pummel the guy's head into the ground over and over and over again. It's the perfect time for him to scream "Hulk smash!" but he doesn't go by that name anymore, so you won't find any of that here. Despite taking some insane hits, Rulk overcomes and gains the edge. He then wastes no time to make the most of his advantage and he does something pretty painful to his opponent. Even when you're super durable and have an accelerated healing factor, the following has got to hurt. The verbal insult certainly doesn't help.

"Oh yeah? Well, you're the meanest one there is!" Boom! Doc Green burn!

Is Doc Green able to depower his enemy or does Rulk continue to assault him? And is there critical context to this fight that we're not revealing because we don't want to spoil anything? "Yes" is the most likely answer to that last question. A majority of this issue is one big brawl and there's even a funny bit with Daredevil in the beginning, so if you like these highlights, go give the issue a shot.

MORTAL KOMBAT X #1

The first highlight was all about the heavy-hitters that can level a town if they aren't careful with their strikes, but this next one is all about precise and bloody hits. That's right, it's time to get back into Mortal Kombat's vicious universe! Shawn Kittelsen, Dexter Soy and Veronica Gandini's first digital chapter is full of gore and violence, so if you're not the biggest fan of bloody battles, scroll down and do your best not to get a glimpse of the images! Everyone else -- especially Scorpion fans -- it's time to be welcomed back to this place with a whole lot of lethal action.

An amazing sight for us and a messy (and probably horrifying) one for Kenshi's son.
An amazing sight for us and a messy (and probably horrifying) one for Kenshi's son.

As Scorpion kills a goon, Kenshi finds himself in a very rough spot. You see, Hsu Hao has been hunting the guy down and managed to drop the blind character. There's even a pretty cool nod to X-ray moves, but we'll save that one for when you read the comic. Unfortunately, we don't get to witness Hsu Hao take down Kenshi, but we do get to witness what happens when Scorpion leaps in to save him! You have to love the way the move is handled and it leaves you anxious to see the next blow.

Spears for everyone! Yay!
Spears for everyone! Yay!

The next page is awesome. So awesome, in fact, that we don't want to spoil it for you. If you're a fan of Mortal Kombat, you should pay the $0.99 for the digital chapter so you can experience the glorious page in context. Seriously, don't be a party pooper and post it in the comments. If you love Mortal Kombat, support it and hopefully that'll keep this series going. Anyway, there's also a whole lot of story going on here and not a lot of time to tell it. That kid in the first panel? He's the child of Kenshi and Suchin. Kensih was going undercover in the Red Dragon to assassinate someone (Daegon) and unfortunately, it didn't go so well. His cover was blown and the criminals went after Suchin. Thankfully, she knows how to wield a blade.

You know it's brutal when they use a
You know it's brutal when they use a "GLURK" onomatopoeia.

What happens with Kenshi, his child and Sushin? What role does Scorpion play in this? Which other characters show up? The digital Mortal Kombat series is finally here and it's terrific. If you like the games, do yourself a favor and check it out.

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #1

Our third and final highlight is pretty much the polar opposite of the one you just saw. While MORTAL KOMBAT X is graphic and full of killing, THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL makes its fights silly and comedic. Ryan North, Erica Henderson, Maris Wicks and Rico Renzi's first issue of THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL has the seemingly unstoppable character facing off against one of Spider-Man's foes: Kraven the Hunter! She's humiliated Wolverine in a sparring match and put a hurting on an already injured Deadpool, but can she take on Kraven in hand-to-hand combat? Let's take a look.

Squirrel Girl, you missed the perfect opportunity for a cheap shot.
Squirrel Girl, you missed the perfect opportunity for a cheap shot.

Well, right now it looks like the answer is a pretty firm no. What makes this battle highlight worthy isn't just the entertaining handling of the actions; the dialogue is also full of greatness. Kraven's confident attitude and how Squirrel Girl responds to it kept us smiling and even laughing a few times. Anyhow, she realizes she can't beat him with her fists, but she doesn't need to! Not when she has an army of squirrels by her side!

The squirrel army owned Doctor Doom, but can it defeat Kraven and his amazing pants?
The squirrel army owned Doctor Doom, but can it defeat Kraven and his amazing pants?

Is this just like the scene with Doctor Doom all over again? Do the squirrels swarm Sergei Kravinoff and it's game over for the foe? Or does Squirrel Girl come up with another solution to end the fight? Luckily for the adorable creatures, they're able to dodge the sharp projectile and Squirrel Girl wonders about the best way to bring this fight to a close. Which tactic would you go with, readers?

When squirrels in the pants is an option, always go for that one. You'll win every time.
When squirrels in the pants is an option, always go for that one. You'll win every time.

Is Spider-Man's fiend humiliated by a swarm of squirrels or does the fight end on a different note? It's a funny conclusion, but it does manage to open the door to some legitimate story potential for the villain! Remember, there's more to the fight than what we're showing you, so that means a fair amount of the hilarious dialogue isn't in here. We also haven't shown you the glorious trading cards and there's a big teaser for the next opponent!

No Caption Provided

What are your top three fights from this latest round of new comics? Support what you love and tell the world below. Also, don't forget to make nominations every week in the official thread or tell us via Twitter. Check back next Friday for a new edition of this segment. Have a good weekend!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

You know, it wouldn't be all that bad if all of those Squirrel Girl feats were products of her own imagination.

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cdw101

Is that mortal kombat a buyable comic or is it downloadable?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Squirrel Girl's art needs to stop.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Ouch Doc Green isn't looking good from Rulk's beatdown on him. Even if he did purposely lose so he could study Ross, I doubt the other Hulk personas would ever throw a fight on purpose.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, it wouldn't be all that bad if all of those Squirrel Girl feats were products of her own imagination.

hopefully not, she will face galactus next

her face looks like quasimodo

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RalfvdH

hmm... the only one looking any good is the Hulk one... MKX looks terrible... and Squirrel girl speaks for itself. It looks like a cartoon network reject. Dont like only silly humor in comics. But thats me. I'm more for humor in more serious books. Its what I used to like in Spider-man books.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

SQUIRREL GIRL IS THE BEST.

HATERS GONNA HATE.

<SWAG>

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't 'hate' I care for quality...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

Ouch Doc Green isn't looking good from Rulk's beatdown on him. Even if he did purposely lose so he could study Ross, I doubt the other Hulk personas would ever throw a fight on purpose.

It's round one, according to Duggan. And well, that's not true, since Green Scar threw a fight with Zeus :P

(I know he would have lost but still :P)

So I guess he's going to train with Iron Fist, get the Gamma Corps up and then fight Ross again?

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12 HigorM  Moderator

Nice MK comics, blood everywhere, like it's supposed to be.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squirrel girl should be erased from comics existence she ain't go no fans

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: nah I prefer to speak for the common sense in this world

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mortal Kombat is looking good when will Scorpion fight deathstroke.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have considered the MKX book but i think its digital only now. And i got that new hulk just waiting to read it. When the hell are they going to have him with his beard ? I saw aomething were he was fighting with a beard and his mohawk.

Squirrel girl just looks too lame...

RexWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was holding off on MK but those scans persuaded me to download that like right now

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QFT

Mortal Kombat is looking good when will Scorpion fight deathstroke.

Anything that's MK vs DC should be stopped. That idea should never see the light of day.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdw101 said:

Is that mortal kombat a buyable comic or is it downloadable?

You can download now or buy physical on the 14th

SteamPunk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

People who are dismissing The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl simply because of the artwork seriously don't know what they're missing (i.e. everything, because this series rocks). The first issue was a lot of fun, well-written, and enjoyable overall. So what if the artstyle is unconventional? It may take a while, but you get used to it, and realize that it actually kinda fits Doreen's style of humor and personality. Squirrel Girl is all about having fun and enjoying comics as something that can make you smile and laugh, about showing that comics don't have to be all grimdark and "edgy" to speak to/draw an audience. What's wrong with fun and silliness once in a while? I'm sure the book is going to have major conflict at some point, but even then I doubt it will put too big a damper on things. Plus, it does a good job of showing superhumans acting human, trying to have a life outside heroics and succeeding, and not over-dramatizing things and bemoaning how "everything is just so hard" (lookin' at you, Parker).

OUTBREAK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OUTBREAK666

@ralfvdh: Cuz comic books are serious bussiness...

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm tempted to use the scan of what happens next in that MK X comic, but I won't.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@frisky4 said:

I'm tempted to use the scan of what happens next in that MK X comic, but I won't.

Thank you!

hulk465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't Thanos vs. Hulk fight be as cool as Hulk vs. Rulk fight? Come on Starlin what up, this mind fight in Banner head is a let down. I want the real deal and I want it to count.

GhostPirateX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GhostPirateX

@k4tzm4n "Wow, that's a big fist." You're welcome, the few Kung Fu Hustle fans reading this."

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Awesome fights this week!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By micah007123

MKX was amazing. The book had so much quality with the writing, art, and character personas. Can't wait for next week.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

The Squirrel Girl issue was awesome I loved it ^_^

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Squirrel Girl issue was awesome I loved it ^_^

I just can't stand the art, but is the story really good?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@frisky4: depends. Of you are looking for a deep story it has none. It's just funny.

The art actually fits the story better because the story was intentionally funny.

And SG adopts human person to protect squirrels that was pretty hilarious.

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ralfvdh: Cuz comic books are serious business...

:) You have no idea... ;) I just prefer a more realistic style of storytelling and art like Amazing Spider-man is at the moment. The whole cartoon style of comicbook making isn't for me, but appreciate it for existing. Only in these case of Squirrelgirl I don't like the style at all... That new Skottie Young book looks great for example.
I'm more a Olivier Coipel or Stuart Immonen guy. I love that stuff. At the moment I mostly read and buy European books... Mostly what comes out of France. But for these two (Coipel and Immonen) or, not to forget, Sean Gordon Murphy I'll make an exception ...:) So, by all means, love Squirrel Girl. I hope it will be a success. It just never going to reach my pull list. MKX neither by the way. :P

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them caught my attention.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see the Hulks using technique.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:

Awesome work on the captions! As well as managing both a Kung-fu Hustle (great movie!) AND a Karate Kid reference in adjoining pictures!

Although the Squirrel Girl "cheap shot" caption, could have been substituted for a number of alternatives containing "Nuts". But I guess you were trying to keep it classy.

Squirrel Girl actually surprised me with the humour, it looks like an interesting book. Although a dark & gritty reboot would have been better, she could be a female anti-hero along the lines of the Punisher. (...off to write to Marvel now!)

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I need to be reading this "Doc Green" Hulk arc, I have been exponentially interested in it. Collected volume here I come......

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's really sad how Squirrel Girl is a thing. Hulk and MK were awesome.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@k4tzm4n "Wow, that's a big fist." You're welcome, the few Kung Fu Hustle fans reading this."

No Caption Provided

Ikr. Makes me think of the toe crusher