User Lists: 0

hup

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

They actually made Wolverine in a suit of adamantium armor an official thing?

Nice.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Not familiar with this version of Wolverine, but if it’s simply standard Logan with an additional layer of adamantium, he shredds Guts.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@the_wspanialy: I mean, I would figure that's what this Wolverine probably is.

Avatar image for itachisolosnodiff
ItachiSolosNoDiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i dont know much about this wolverine if not comic wolverine in general but gut's lastest speed feat puts him at lightning timing. i dont think he could permanently put wolvie down, but im not sure how he'd be caught either. especially since ive heard decapitating wolvie is enough to incapacitate him and im sure guts could.

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine. Guts' sword will not be able to cut adamantium but would be destroyed by the claws. And Logan has healed from much worse than that thing.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine. Guts' sword will not be able to cut adamantium but would be destroyed by the claws. And Logan has healed from much worse than that thing.

The problem wouldn't be the physical damage, but hypothetically the spiritual damage, given Dragonslayer's more esoteric ability to harm the evil soul & spirits of anything it slices.

I agree otherwise - Wolverine's fully capable of dealing with getting hit

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cergic said:
@robertmiles1 said:

The problem wouldn't be the physical damage, but hypothetically the spiritual damage, given Dragonslayer's more esoteric ability to harm the evil soul & spirits of anything it slices.

Dragonslayer isn't able to harm the evil soul or anything of the sort. That's never been shown or stated in any way whatsoever and would be extremely out-of-place in the narrative.

It is able to cut through beings that would otherwise be immune to traditional damage because it has been tempered with blood from astral creatures. That's it. It has nothing to do with harming evil in particular.

OT: Berserk is WAAAYYYYYY better than any Wolverine comic I've read, but Wolverine shreds Guts. Guts is still a human and the Berserker Armor provides nowhere near as much protection as Adamantium does.

Also, huge LOL at "lightning-timing" Guts. What a joke.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic said:
@robertmiles1 said:

Dragonslayer isn't able to harm the evil soul or anything of the sort. That's never been shown or stated in any way whatsoever and would be extremely out-of-place in the narrative.

It is able to cut through beings that would otherwise be immune to traditional damage because it has been tempered with blood from astral creatures. That's it. It has nothing to do with harming evil in particular.

OT: Berserk is WAAAYYYYYY better than any Wolverine comic I've read, but Wolverine shreds Guts. Guts is still a human and the Berserker Armor provides nowhere near as much protection as Adamantium does.

Let me rummage a bit; i could've sword we've got panel statements on how it's able to do as i described.

I've no recollection of it being able to harm the numerous spirits Guts have killed merely soley due to the blood being used while tempering, however. I don't necessarily say you're wrong, but i'm remembering something completely different. I'll re-read some chapters and get back to this.

I concur on the battle conclusion.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cergic said:
@ouroborik said:
@cergic said:
@robertmiles1 said:

Let me rummage a bit; i could've sword we've got panel statements on how it's able to do as i described.

I've no recollection of it being able to harm the numerous spirits Guts have killed merely soley due to the blood being used while tempering, however. I don't necessarily say you're wrong, but i'm remembering something completely different. I'll re-read some chapters and get back to this.

I concur on the battle conclusion.

If it helps, there are only two instances I can remember where it is stated/shown that the Dragonslayer has special properties to enable it to kill supernatural beings.

The first happened during the conflict against the Trolls, in the earlier parts of the Hawk of the Millennium Arc. When Slan incarnated in a makeshift body near Guts, the Skull Knight appeared and told Guts that he could hurt her with the Dragonslayer because of how many demons the Dragonsalyer had killed over the years. Obviously this wasn't Slan in her full God Hand glory, she crafted a makeshift body to use as an avatar.

Later, when the Party was faced with Emperor Ganishka is his living weather form, Schierke found that the only vulnerable spot in Ganishka was a point in the middle of his forehead and it was decided that the Dragonslayer was the one weapon they had that could be used to hit that spot. I don't remember if it is ever directly stated that the point was otherwise intangible or not, but it's the one other instance of "the Dragonslayeer is THE weapon to be used against spirit-like creatures".