#1 Edited by Axies (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Beric Dondarrion, leader of the Brotherhood Without Banners vs Euron Greyjoy, King of the Iron Islands.

Both have are show versions, have standard gear, and fight takes place in empty Dragonpit. Morals off.

#2 Posted by the_red_viper (12760 posts) - - Show Bio

Euron.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by Amnesiak (3665 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Euron

#4 Posted by lubub55 (12935 posts) - - Show Bio

Euron stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c0eef934dfe
#5 Posted by deactivated-59c0eef934dfe (918 posts) - - Show Bio

Euron, comfortably.

#6 Posted by Axies (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Im kind of interested in why everyone thinks its Euron. Beric did well against the Hound in their fight, and also survived the mission beyond the Wall.

#7 Posted by green_skaar (12409 posts) - - Show Bio

Beric

#8 Edited by Xerolot (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

Euron but Bericc is not so bad as many ppl think. Jorah and Tormund were overwhelmed by the Wights while Bericc held his ground. Sometimes he was fighting against two wights at almost the same time.

#9 Posted by JediXMan (42722 posts) - - Show Bio
@axies said:

Im kind of interested in why everyone thinks its Euron. Beric did well against the Hound in their fight, and also survived the mission beyond the Wall.

Because the Hound was scared of the fire, and yet he still won. The fight would have been much shorter if it weren't for the flaming sword / the Hound's fear of fire.

#10 Posted by JediXMan (42722 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerolot said:

Euron but Bericc is not so bad as many ppl think. Jorah and Tormund were overwhelmed by the Wights while Bericc held his ground. Sometimes he was fighting against two wights at almost the same time.

Maybe it had something to do with the Wight's weakness against fire?

#11 Posted by Xerolot (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Hm. Fire can kill them that's sure but they are not at any physical/mental disadvantage by any means (like Sandor in his fight against Bericc). His attack can kill them permanently, nothing more. Of course I don't think that Bericc is Sandor or Jon level of combatant. I'm just saying he's not as bad as many people say he is. I would put him somewhere near Jorah.

Honestly hope to see some feats for him in the next season. He seems to be an interesting, badass character but he still lacks solid feats.

#12 Posted by green_skaar (12409 posts) - - Show Bio

Strangely enough Martin has commented that Betric is "a wight animated by fire instead of ice."

@jedixman said:
@xerolot said:

Maybe it had something to do with the Wight's weakness against fire?

#13 Posted by Axies (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman:

I rewatched that scene earlier today, and yes, the Hound was afraid of fire, but I think his fear spurred him on somewhat. He starts the fight of by furiously attacking Beric, and in the end he only wins because of brute strenght when he smashes through Berics sword.

Furthermore, I believe that some of the others on the Wight Hunt had Dragonglass weapons, and Jon had valyrian steel, so Beric was not the only one to have super-effective weaponry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a20a68641bc7
#14 Posted by deactivated-5a20a68641bc7 (1969 posts) - - Show Bio

Euron should win, but Beric should give him a good fight.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (42722 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerolot said:

@jedixman: Hm. Fire can kill them that's sure but they are not at any physical/mental disadvantage by any means (like Sandor in his fight against Bericc). His attack can kill them permanently, nothing more.

... which means Beric can effectively oneshot most Wights, which gives him a significant advantage against them than other characters.

#16 Posted by JediXMan (42722 posts) - - Show Bio
@axies said:

@jedixman:

I rewatched that scene earlier today, and yes, the Hound was afraid of fire, but I think his fear spurred him on somewhat. He starts the fight of by furiously attacking Beric, and in the end he only wins because of brute strenght when he smashes through Berics sword.

You can see the Hound fighting more cautiously than usual. It clearly had a hindering effect on him.

@axies said:

Furthermore, I believe that some of the others on the Wight Hunt had Dragonglass weapons, and Jon had valyrian steel, so Beric was not the only one to have super-effective weaponry.

The Valyrian steel sword oneshots White Walkers, not the Wights. If memory serves, in Hardhome, he stabbed a Wight, and it had no effect. White Walkers and Wights operate on different rules (Walkers are immune to fire, too).

Also, no, they didn't have Dragonglass unless you can point me to a source. Gendy, Tormund, the Hound, and Jorah had normal weapons.

#17 Edited by Xerolot (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: The wights that attacked and overwhelmed Tormud were fresh ones from next wave of wights. They never had problems with not having a fire sword in that fight. Bericc's both combat speed and skill were on such level that he wasn't overwhelmed by the wights numbers. Both Jorah and Tormud were oneshotting the wights without any trouble (and those one-shotted wights were never fighting on screen again in that fight) so I don't see your point.

#18 Posted by slimj87d (15680 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Euron is overrated but I think he'd win.

#19 Posted by slimj87d (15680 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: iirc, Jorah pulled out duel dragon glass knives no?

#20 Posted by Axies (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman:

Here is one source about them having Dragonglass. The fact that neither Tormund, Jorah or Sandor uses their standard weapons are quite telling. They got new ones which are better against wights. Tormund, for example, has had a sword since season 3, but suddenly wields an axe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6v7a6r/anyone_noticed_that_tormunds_axe_is_made_out_of/

#21 Posted by JediXMan (42722 posts) - - Show Bio

@axies said:

@jedixman:

Here is one source about them having Dragonglass. The fact that neither Tormund, Jorah or Sandor uses their standard weapons are quite telling. They got new ones which are better against wights. Tormund, for example, has had a sword since season 3, but suddenly wields an axe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6v7a6r/anyone_noticed_that_tormunds_axe_is_made_out_of/

Didn't he have an axe in season 4? Also, that isn't a source; it's a forum with speculators.

#22 Posted by JediXMan (42722 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by slimj87d (15680 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Necromancer76 (3783 posts) - - Show Bio

Euron.

#25 Posted by hulkbuster94 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

Beric wins this euro is a chump.

#26 Posted by noah_ouellette (3722 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Beric. Could go both ways.

#27 Posted by ginman333 (3061 posts) - - Show Bio

Euron and I HATE to say it. One of my least fav characters.