Bellatrix vs Dolohov

• 115 results
#101 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

"bellatrix stomps" LMAO

#102 Edited by Bayman007 (2851 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77:

I will not stop :-) Bellatrix stomps, even when I consider your opinions below. And no humiliation thank you, it’s a friendly battle. You can’t, I can’t, so just pack it in, there's a good chap.

Re-read the quotes from the book. BOTH death eaters use the IMPEDIMENTA spell, you seem to want to credit Dolohov this by himself, why?. I am being fair here, and giving credit for this first attack, to the correct people.

Dolohov engaged in battle against multiple targets, with his mate….so it’s not a surprise attack because he is aware of the original 3 he is facing. A surprise attack would be from another person he does not know who is there. Thus, it is proven that he in fact can’t deal with multiple targets, and gets taken down multiple times because of this. Twice by Harry….who HE engaged. That is the plain and simple truth.

And by the way, Dolohov kicked Neville in the face when he was on the ground. You’ve credited Dolohov like it’s some sort of wizard triumph…when in fact any muggle can lay the boot into someone on the ground?? I didn’t give credit to him because of this fact. Not to lowball.

I didn’t mention the exchange between him and Sirius because neither gets tagged. So I left it out, and didn’t credit either. But okay, you say credit to Dolohov (again ha) but flip it, and you could say he couldn’t tag Sirius, whilst Bellatrix could. I.e. Bellatrix is better. Here it is

Sirius had hurtled out of nowhere, rammed Dolohov with his shoulder and sent him flying out of the way. The prophecy had again flown to the tips of Harry's fingers but he had managed to cling on to it. Now Sirius and Dolohov were duelling, their wands flashing like swords, sparks flying from their wand-tips--Dolohov drew back his wand to make the same slashing movement he had used on Harry and Hermione. Springing up, Harry yelled, 'Petrificus Totalus!' Once again, Dolohov's arms and legs snapped together and he keeled over backwards, landing with a crash on his back.'Nice one!' shouted Sirius, forcing Harry's head down as a pair of Stunning Spells flew towards them. 'Now I want you to get out of--'They both ducked again; a jet of green light had narrowly missed Sirius.

Again this insert actually proved that Dolohov isn’t that fast, can’t tag Sirius and gets tagged himself with Sirius able to dodge attacks here…but sadly gets fatally tagged later.

The points I rased about Bellatrix proves she has faster reaction speed and can cast more powerful spells.

Bellatrix Lestrange turned tail and ran as Dumbledore whipped around. He aimed a spell at her but she deflected it; she was halfway up the steps now –

How is this not impressive, she literally turned around and was headed away from the battle yet still blocked Dumbledore’s spell. Dolohov couldn’t do that. She is most certainly Voldemorts best lieutenant because of her skill set and power, not mainly because of bloodline…yes of course he did have a baby with her.

My hit tally is restored by the way, fairly with one extra to each.

Just a few points on your last bit of the post.

Dolohov nearly beating the trio three on one in DH's>Bellatrix stalemating a far less impressive trio [Luna, Hermione, Ginny]

Dolohov didn’t nearly beat the trio, he got tagged by harry twice and proved to have slow reaction speeds. Whilst Bellatrix did not get tagged until the end of the battle, and that was a spell by Harry that she dealt with.

Dolohov beating Moody>Bellatrix beating Kingsley.

I don’t think I ever questioned that, credit to each though for beating their opponent.

Dolohov beating Harry, Neville and Hermione>Bellatrix beating four fodder Snatchers.

Dolohov did not beat Harry and got tagged 3 times by the Trio. Bellatrix beating fodder snatchers was never mentioned by me….shall we give her some more points.

Dolohov beating Lupin>Bellatrix beating Tonks

Prove to me how Dolohov will have the reaction speeds to block and tag Bellatrix. I’ve proved she is too fast for him and too powerful. Dolohov is not as impressive as Bellatrix by feats and hits here.

#103 Edited by Bayman007 (2851 posts) - - Show Bio

@kilius: Yes to Lucius, but i was actually saying that Bellatrix lead a group of Death eaters into battle before the Dark lord arrived.

He heaved Ron towards a door; they were within a few feet of it when another door across the hall burst open and three Death Eaters sped in, led by Bellatrix Lestrange.

And i'm not being funny, but this is exactly when the shit hit the fan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
#104 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77:

I will not stop :-) Bellatrix stomps, even when I consider your opinions below. And no humiliation thank you, it’s a friendly battle. You can’t, I can’t, so just pack it in, there's a good chap.

Apologies for being a douche, this post will be more calm and level-headed, I've been in a really bad mood these past few days.

Re-read the quotes from the book. BOTH death eaters use the IMPEDIMENTA spell, you seem to want to credit Dolohov this by himself, why?. I am being fair here, and giving credit for this first attack, to the correct people.

You do realise I'm the one who made Dolohov's RT on this site right, I'm well aware, I'm merely stating that this is the only thing Jugson did throughout the fight, it might as well have been a solo win for Dolohov, Jugson didn't do anything.

Dolohov engaged in battle against multiple targets, with his mate….so it’s not a surprise attack because he is aware of the original 3 he is facing. A surprise attack would be from another person he does not know who is there. Thus, it is proven that he in fact can’t deal with multiple targets, and gets taken down multiple times because of this. Twice by Harry….who HE engaged. That is the plain and simple truth.

Dolohov thought he was going to be dealing with another D.A member when Rabastan entered so he had his back to Harry who hit him with a spell. He was duelling with Sirius a highly skilled wizard with his back to Harry in the battle. That's the very definition of a surprise attack. And Dolohov can defend against multiple enemies we saw him do it in Deathly Hallows and here as well.

And by the way, Dolohov kicked Neville in the face when he was on the ground. You’ve credited Dolohov like it’s some sort of wizard triumph…when in fact any muggle can lay the boot into someone on the ground?? I didn’t give credit to him because of this fact. Not to lowball.

After Dolohov had already jinxed him and put him on the ground prior so that's what I'm talking about.

I didn’t mention the exchange between him and Sirius because neither gets tagged. So I left it out, and didn’t credit either. But okay, you say credit to Dolohov (again ha) but flip it, and you could say he couldn’t tag Sirius, whilst Bellatrix could. I.e. Bellatrix is better. Here it is

Not what I said. Bellatrix failed to tag Sirius Dolohov didn't. Dolohov was going too right before Harry cursed him. Bellatrix got him when he was overconfident and was stalemating him prior, Dolohov actually beat him under normal circumstances in far less time.

Sirius had hurtled out of nowhere, rammed Dolohov with his shoulder and sent him flying out of the way. The prophecy had again flown to the tips of Harry's fingers but he had managed to cling on to it. Now Sirius and Dolohov were duelling, their wands flashing like swords, sparks flying from their wand-tips--Dolohov drew back his wand to make the same slashing movement he had used on Harry and Hermione. Springing up, Harry yelled, 'Petrificus Totalus!' Once again, Dolohov's arms and legs snapped together and he keeled over backwards, landing with a crash on his back.'Nice one!' shouted Sirius, forcing Harry's head down as a pair of Stunning Spells flew towards them. 'Now I want you to get out of--'They both ducked again; a jet of green light had narrowly missed Sirius.

Again this insert actually proved that Dolohov isn’t that fast, can’t tag Sirius and gets tagged himself with Sirius able to dodge attacks here…but sadly gets fatally tagged later.

He was just about to tag Sirius before Harry hit him with a surprise attack. Bellatrix has been disarmed by Ron from the same thing, it's not lowballing at all.

The points I rased about Bellatrix proves she has faster reaction speed and can cast more powerful spells.

The fact that Dolohov created his own dark magic negates any possibility of Bellatrix knowing more and Dolohov has better duelling feats.

Bellatrix Lestrange turned tail and ran as Dumbledore whipped around. He aimed a spell at her but she deflected it; she was halfway up the steps now –

How is this not impressive, she literally turned around and was headed away from the battle yet still blocked Dumbledore’s spell. Dolohov couldn’t do that. She is most certainly Voldemorts best lieutenant because of her skill set and power, not mainly because of bloodline…yes of course he did have a baby with her.

It's not impressive because it's one spell. Dumbledore one shotting fodder doesn't mean he can do the same against wizards in the same tier as Bellatrix.

My hit tally is restored by the way, fairly with one extra to each.

Just a few points on your last bit of the post.

Ok.

Dolohov nearly beating the trio three on one in DH's>Bellatrix stalemating a far less impressive trio [Luna, Hermione, Ginny]

Dolohov didn’t nearly beat the trio, he got tagged by harry twice and proved to have slow reaction speeds. Whilst Bellatrix did not get tagged until the end of the battle, and that was a spell by Harry that she dealt with.

Not the fight I was referring too.

The great blond Death Eater was hit in the face by a jet of red light: He slumped sideways, unconscious. His companion, unable to see who had cast the spell, fired another at Ron: Shining black ropes flew from his wand-tip and bound Ron head to foot—the waitress screamed and ran for the door—Harry sent another Stunning Spell at the Death Eater with the twisted face who had tied up Ron, but the spell missed, rebounded on the window, and hit the waitress, who collapsed in front of the door. “Expulso!” bellowed the Death Eater, and the table behind which Harry was standing blew up: The force of the explosion slammed him into the wall and he felt his wand leave his hand as the Cloak slipped off him. “Petrificus Totalus!” screamed Hermione from out of sight, and the Death Eater fell forward like a statue to land with a crunching thud on the mess of broken china, table, and coffee. Hermione crawled out from underneath the bench, shaking bits of glass ashtray out of her hair and trembling all over.

Reacting too and subduing the whole trio at once is vastly more impressive than anything Bellatrix has done. Her best feat is beating Kingsleey who beat five Death Eaters but this trio>five Death Eaters. Plus as II said above Bellatrix got stalemated by a less more impressive trio.

Bellatrix was still fighting too, fifty yards away from Voldemort and like her master she duelled three at once: Hermione, Ginny and Luna, all three battling their hardest but she was equal to them

Dolohov beating Moody>Bellatrix beating Kingsley.

I don’t think I ever questioned that, credit to each though for beating their opponent.

Kind of negates the idea that Bellatrix>Dolohov since beating Kingsley is her best feat.

Dolohov beating Harry, Neville and Hermione>Bellatrix beating four fodder Snatchers.

Dolohov did not beat Harry and got tagged 3 times by the Trio. Bellatrix beating fodder snatchers was never mentioned by me….shall we give her some more points.

Sure go ahead and praise her more it doesn't change the fact that Dolohov>Bellatrix. And I don't see what relevance getting tagged has, he still won. As for Harry, he was helpless before Dolohov and needed a surprise attack to beat him. Dolohov later neutralised Harry twice when he didn't have the element of surprise so Dolohov>Harry.

Dolohov beating Lupin>Bellatrix beating Tonks

Prove to me how Dolohov will have the reaction speeds to block and tag Bellatrix. I’ve proved she is too fast for him and too powerful. Dolohov is not as impressive as Bellatrix by feats and hits here.

The two workmen made identical movements and Harry mirrored them without conscious thought: all three of them drew their wands.

Dolohov mirrors Harry's draw without trying.

Now Sirius and Dolohov were dueling, their wands flashing like swords, sparks flying from their wand tips —

Keeps pace with Sirius despite the fact that Sirius had previously been described as moving so fast that his wand was a blur.

Harry sent another Stunning Spell at the Death Eater with the twisted face who had tied up Ron, but the spell missed, rebounded on the window, and hit the waitress, who collapsed in front of the door.

Dolohov reacts to a spell from an invisible Harry.

Beats Lupin who speedblitzed Harry far more easily than Bellatrix did.

#105 Edited by Bayman007 (2851 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77:

Water under the bridge!

And I think we are just seeing this battle from different perspectives if I’m honest

Now Sirius and Dolohov were duelling, their wands flashing like swords, sparks flying from their wand-tips—

This means to me that Sirius was matching his shots, not losing to him, especially as Sirius (like you said) was moving faster, in a blur, in another battle. To you, this is a credit to Dolohovs speed/reactions.

'Thanks!' Harry said to Neville, pulling him aside as Sirius and his Death Eater lurched past, duelling so fiercely that their wands were blurs;

I want to know who that Death Eater was, because he was faster than Dolohov, but not Sirius

Dolohov drew back his wand to make the same slashing movement he had used on Harry and Hermione. Springing up, Harry yelled, 'Petrificus Totalus!' Once again, Dolohov's arms and legs snapped together and he keeled over backwards, landing with a crash on his back.'Nice one!' shouted Sirius, forcing Harry's head down as a pair of Stunning Spells flew towards them.

To me this doesn’t seem like Sirius was about to get tagged, and it doesn’t prove that he couldn’t have blocked the spell himself. I refer to my previous post about Sirius speed. He even pulls Harrys head down after, being ever vigilant about what’s going on around him. Whilst Dolohov gets stunned left right and centre due to lack of it. And you think this proves he was about to beat Sirius. And it goes on with some other points too….

Thanks for posting those book snippets, one of them though, is a bit back to front (again perspective perhaps);

The two workmen made identical movements and Harry mirrored them without conscious thought: all three of them drew their wands.

But he didn’t, Harry mirrored them without conscious thought. Not the other way around. I’m talking about reaction speed in defence and attack like Bellatrix has shown when people have launched spells at her i.e. Dumbledore, Harry, Tonks.

Also;

Harry sent another Stunning Spell at the Death Eater with the twisted face who had tied up Ron, but the spell missed, rebounded on the window, and hit the waitress, who collapsed in front of the door.

To me, Harry missed him, it wasn’t dodged.

I think that all of this points to Bellatrix being faster and more powerful. But meh, maybe someone else can provide some more evidence.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#106 Posted by blackpantherisb (7602 posts) - - Show Bio

I came into this thread unsure, but after the debating beatdown that Anthp gave Riddlerfan, I'm going to give it to Bellatrix solidly.

#107 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77:

Water under the bridge!

Indeed.

And I think we are just seeing this battle from different perspectives if I’m honest

Yeah.

Now Sirius and Dolohov were duelling, their wands flashing like swords, sparks flying from their wand-tips—

This means to me that Sirius was matching his shots, not losing to him, especially as Sirius (like you said) was moving faster, in a blur, in another battle. To you, this is a credit to Dolohovs speed/reactions.

Dolohov was keeping pace with Sirius, both were attacking and defending but were well matched.

'Thanks!' Harry said to Neville, pulling him aside as Sirius and his Death Eater lurched past, duelling so fiercely that their wands were blurs;

I want to know who that Death Eater was, because he was faster than Dolohov, but not Sirius

He's not faster than Dolohov, there's no proof of that. Whilst he was overpowered by Sirius, Dolohov was not.

Dolohov drew back his wand to make the same slashing movement he had used on Harry and Hermione. Springing up, Harry yelled, 'Petrificus Totalus!' Once again, Dolohov's arms and legs snapped together and he keeled over backwards, landing with a crash on his back.'Nice one!' shouted Sirius, forcing Harry's head down as a pair of Stunning Spells flew towards them.

To me this doesn’t seem like Sirius was about to get tagged, and it doesn’t prove that he couldn’t have blocked the spell himself. I refer to my previous post about Sirius speed. He even pulls Harrys head down after, being ever vigilant about what’s going on around him. Whilst Dolohov gets stunned left right and centre due to lack of it. And you think this proves he was about to beat Sirius. And it goes on with some other points too….

Dolohov being put down because he was being attacked from all different angles isn't a bad showing, reacting to multiple threats is something that's rarely done in HP. Yes it does prove he was about to beat Sirius, Harry had to incapacitate Dolohov before the spell landed, Harry saved him.

Thanks for posting those book snippets, one of them though, is a bit back to front (again perspective perhaps);

But he didn’t, Harry mirrored them without conscious thought. Not the other way around. I’m talking about reaction speed in defence and attack like Bellatrix has shown when people have launched spells at her i.e. Dumbledore, Harry, Tonks.

Harry went as fast as he could to his wand when he saw they were going for their's but whilst neither was moving at top speed since they thought they had the element of surprise, Harry was but still failed to tag him.

Also;

To me, Harry missed him, it wasn’t dodged.

Seemed to me like it was dodged, Harry fired it directly at him so it couldn't have missed without Dolohov moving.

I think that all of this points to Bellatrix being faster and more powerful. But meh, maybe someone else can provide some more evidence.

Dolohov fighting the trio three on one in Deathly Hallows is much more impressive than anything Bellatrix has done and I've noticed you filed to address that [As well as a variety of the other things mentioned besides reflexes and reacting to an invisible Harry, mirroring Harry's draw without effort, beating Lupin and beating Sirius put him in her tier at least], Bellatrix was stalemated by a far less impressive trio.

Bellatrix's feats V Dolohov's feats.

Fighting Harry, Ron and Hermione simultaneously And Subduing Harry And Ron>Stalemating Hermione, Luna and Ginny.

Beating Moody>Beating Kingsley.

Beating Sirius fairly>Stalemating Sirius and winning via cheapshot.

Beating Lupin>Beating Tonks

Beating Harry, Neville and Hermione>Beating random fodder Snatchers

Still not seeing how Bellatrix is better. It's an even fight with a slight edge to Dolohov but one thing is clear. Based off feats, neither is stomping.

#108 Posted by ArkhamAsylum3 (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77 said:
@socajunkie said:
@riddlerfan77 said:

@goltop: Also don't bother trying to tag or reply to @arkhamasylum3 as he has been banned.

Because he's your alt xD

He's actually not but the mods think I'm a total twat who talks to myself across multiple internet accounts. I do have a relation to the account as it happens, he's my twin brother but he is most certainly not an alt, but the mods are too short minded to see reason.

Dunno if I buy it, I tried the whole 'he's my brother' thing with an alt before, but whatever, doesn't matter I guess.

I'm not an alt and I've been unbanned.

#109 Posted by ArkhamAsylum3 (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

I came into this thread unsure, but after the debating beatdown that Anthp gave Riddlerfan, I'm going to give it to Bellatrix solidly.

It was hardly a beatdown.

#110 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently failing to counter my points proficiently is now considered a beatdown lol.

If anything it was the other way round.

#111 Posted by vengefulshot (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

Bellatrix due to moderately superior high end feats and significantly less low showings. She showed better duelling on a more consistent basis.

#112 Posted by dark-sith123 (5033 posts) - - Show Bio

B... Bellatrix? She's the safer option.

#113 Edited by ArkhamAsylum3 (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123 said:

B... Bellatrix? She's the safer option.

LMAO. The Bellatrix fans really are hilarious. As soon as anyone says Dolohov or Snape can beat her they immediately scream no, jump on the Bella wank train and spam post her feats. It's a close fight and while I think Bella wins the ridiculous amount of people that wank her is unbelieveable.

#114 Posted by dark-sith123 (5033 posts) - - Show Bio

@arkhamasylum3:

That is true, especially with Snape- Antonin himself has a wealth of feats comparable to Bella's so the fans can't be too loud here.

#115 Posted by ArkhamAsylum3 (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123: I have actually got so frustrated with the Bella vs Snape argument I decided to write a blog as to why Snape wins. Most likely the Bella wankers will most likely just spam post her feats in response though.