#1 Edited by SunDeep (1261 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
VS
No Caption Provided

The battle takes place in the Omaticaya Jungle on Pandora (from Cameron's Avatar- and yes, the orchestator of the battle also waves his magic wand to ensure that both Beast and Chewbacca are capable of breathing the atmosphere without any ill effects). The two characters start the battle in the treetops, at least a mile away from each other but still capable of seeing each other (or at least they should be- what's Chewbacca's vision like?). Morals are switched off, and combat is limited solely to H2H (as in, no bowcaster or blasters allowed for Chewie- any weapons which can be improvised from the materials available on the battlefield, such as staffs, clubs, bows, slings and the like, are still permitted). Who wins this fight?

#2 Posted by lordraiden (9660 posts) - - Show Bio

going on feats, would say beast, especially in agility. Even in chess, the wookie wouldn't have an edge on Beast lol

Avatar image for kaang_the_watcher
#3 Posted by Kaang_the_Watcher (791 posts) - - Show Bio

You didn't specifically state as such, but I'm assuming we're going with the movie version of Beast.

I agree with lordraiden than Beast has superior physical physical capabilities, particularly in speed and agility, but I would wonder whether or not Chewbacca has a significant skill advantage. Movie Beast has virtually no real combat skills and very little experience. I'm not saying he sucks in a fight, but he's not exactly highly-trained. It would take someone with more Star Wars EU knowledge than me to showcase Chewbacca's fighting skill and determine how capable he would be of taking on someone with higher physical stats but lower skills/experience.

#4 Edited by SunDeep (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaang_the_watcher said:

You didn't specifically state as such, but I'm assuming we're going with the movie version of Beast.

I agree with lordraiden than Beast has superior physical physical capabilities, particularly in speed and agility, but I would wonder whether or not Chewbacca has a significant skill advantage. Movie Beast has virtually no real combat skills and very little experience. I'm not saying he sucks in a fight, but he's not exactly highly-trained. It would take someone with more Star Wars EU knowledge than me to showcase Chewbacca's fighting skill and determine how capable he would be of taking on someone with higher physical stats but lower skills/experience.

True. And yeah, I felt it'd be better to go with the movie version of Beast to cut back on power level inconsistencies. So- @jedixman, @the_imperator, @dccomicsrule2011, @juiceboks, @deathstroke19, @The_Deathstroker. Does anyone want to step forward to enlighten us on Chewbacca/ the Wookies' stats and feats?

#6 Posted by SunDeep (1261 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Kaang_the_Watcher (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@sundeep: lol. Great minds think alike.

#8 Edited by juiceboks (23848 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast is probably more agile but Chewie is easily stronger. He's ragdolled groups of stormtroopers at the same time, and has shown the strength necessary to rip their arms from their sockets. Growing up on Kashykk, he should also have an advantage hunting and fighting in this type of environment.

#9 Posted by The_Imperator (2275 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have said Chewbacca, if Legends was still canon, but seeing as we don't know Chewbacca's skill at tracking and jungle fighting anymore, I'd say it's a pretty even fight. Chewbacca is quite strong, but Beast is more agile.

#10 Edited by LEGACY6364 (6963 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast every time.

No Caption Provided

#11 Posted by juiceboks (23848 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by LEGACY6364 (6963 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Hyperlight (7671 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: isn't that the same beast as far as continuity goes?

#14 Posted by SunDeep (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

@legacy6364: Not the Beast we're using apparently..

Hey, it still kind of is. It's just an older version of the same character from the same cinematic universe, that's all...

#15 Posted by juiceboks (23848 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight: No, DOFP created a new X-Men continuity. Magneto in DOFP isn't the same Magneto in the X-trilogy as well.

@sundeep Not really..DOFP is separate from the X-trilogy. Magneto is another example

#16 Posted by SunDeep (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight: No, DOFP created a new X-Men continuity. Magneto in DOFP isn't the same Magneto in the X-trilogy as well.

@sundeep Not really..DOFP is separate from the X-trilogy. Magneto is another example

But the new X-Men continuity was created due to the events of DOFP. Beast didn't appear in the film after the time-shift took place, so that's still the same Beast in both (or rather all three, X-Men First Class included) films...

#17 Edited by juiceboks (23848 posts) - - Show Bio

@sundeep: What happened in DOFP is in direct contradiction to X3. For one..Magneto still had his powers even though he lost them at the same age he was in Last Stand more or less. And Hank was dead during that time. The events of Last Stand happened at pretty much the same time the whole sentinel war took place..so Wolverine going back in time was the timeline in which DOFP took place. Which had nothing to do with the X trilogy. So the Beast in X-trilogy isn't the same as DOFP.

#18 Posted by Homer_X (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast

#19 Posted by sasquatch888 (716 posts) - - Show Bio

no its the same continuity ...it was just rebooted a bit and x-men last stand and wovlerine origins were taken out of the equation because they went back in time and altered the future ,,thats why at the end of days of future past you see cyclops and jean grey alive ...since the alterations were made in the 70's it changed the future a bit

#20 Edited by SunDeep (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

@sundeep: What happened in DOFP is in direct contradiction to X3. For one..Magneto still had his powers even though he lost them at the same age he was in Last Stand more or less. And Hank was dead during that time. The events of Last Stand happened at pretty much the same time the whole sentinel war took place..so Wolverine going back in time was the timeline in which DOFP took place. Which had nothing to do with the X trilogy. So the Beast in X-trilogy isn't the same as DOFP.

Magneto was shown to be regaining his powers in the post-credits scene of The Last Stand- the events of which happened as a direct precursor to the Sentinel War. So no continuity issues there. As yes, Hank was dead at that time. Dying in the future doesn't mean that you're written out of existence in the past which you've already lived. So Beast in DOFP is in fact the younger version of the exact same Beast from the X-Trilogy, in spite of the fact that the events of the original X-Trilogy were all rewritten due to the time shift after DOFP. Now, regarding the actual battle...?

#21 Edited by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

The Beast probably.

#22 Posted by Hyperlight (7671 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by juiceboks (23848 posts) - - Show Bio

@sundeep: What post credits scene? I've never actually seen it in theaters so this is news to me. If that's true then I guess it's the same Beast..though still not the Hank we're using.

I already gave my opinion on the matchup.

#24 Posted by jagernutt (13009 posts) - - Show Bio

@sundeep:

Not only has the been realtered from the original trilogy. Its been aaltered so that the Sentinal war neverr took place and Apocalypse rules instead.

#26 Posted by Kaang_the_Watcher (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@sundeep said:

@juiceboks said:

Hey, it still kind of is. It's just an older version of the same character from the same cinematic universe, that's all...

IDK if it really matters whether or not we include X-Men 3 continuity in this fight. Beast's accomplishments there (including the one in the gif) were all against embarrasingly bad cannon fodder. I mean, heck, Stormtroopers are more dangerous than that random crowd of of mutants.

#27 Posted by LEGACY6364 (6963 posts) - - Show Bio

@sundeep said:

@juiceboks said:

IDK if it really matters whether or not we include X-Men 3 continuity in this fight. Beast's accomplishments there (including the one in the gif) were all against embarrasingly bad cannon fodder. I mean, heck, Stormtroopers are more dangerous than that random crowd of of mutants.

Storm Troopers have never hit a target. I doubt their more dangerous.

#28 Posted by Kaang_the_Watcher (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaang_the_watcher said:

@sundeep said:

@juiceboks said:

Okay, so they're about equal with the mutant idiots from X3.

#29 Edited by LEGACY6364 (6963 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by Wolfrazer (15583 posts) - - Show Bio
@legacy6364 said:

@kaang_the_watcher said:

@sundeep said:

@juiceboks said:

Wrong, Stormtroopers can hit their targets just fine, just not main characters....which shouldn't be surprising to anyone as that is a common thing with movies. Unless of course plot calls for it.

#31 Posted by SpartanKobe (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@legacy6364 said:

@kaang_the_watcher said:

@sundeep said:

@juiceboks said:

Wrong, Stormtroopers can hit their targets just fine, just not main characters....which shouldn't be surprising to anyone as that is a common thing with movies. Unless of course plot calls for it.

Loading Video...

XD

#32 Posted by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast. He's much faster and stronger than any Wookie. Add to the fact that Chewbacca will not use his claws as weapons (Wookie Culture deems using their claws as weapons as extremely dishonourable). Hank is also incredibly intelligent so improvising weaponry should not be a big issue.

#33 Edited by Wolfrazer (15583 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartankobe: Right as I said in my post, "unless the plot calls for it" they also hit R2

No Caption Provided

Like really....they hit things fine, this whole stupid thing about them not being able to hit anything really should have never come up, like ever. Considering of the instances...right in the movies, where they hit targets.

But no...apparently people just forget these instances.

#34 Posted by SpartanKobe (1077 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Wolfrazer (15583 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartankobe: What the vid? Eh don't find it amusing, because of all this....but anyway enough de-railing just go back to the debate.

#36 Posted by SunDeep (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast. He's much faster and stronger than any Wookie. Add to the fact that Chewbacca will not use his claws as weapons (Wookie Culture deems using their claws as weapons as extremely dishonourable). Hank is also incredibly intelligent so improvising weaponry should not be a big issue.

This is a morals-off fight though, so Chewbacca shouldn't really be that bothered about incurring dishonor. And given the relatively advanced technology of the Galaxy FFA, Chewie's probably relatively intelligent as well, and improvising his own weaponry shouldn't be any more of an issue for him that it is for Beast. Who has the upper hand strength-wise is still a contentious issue, but Beast does seem to be far more agile and noticeably faster than Chewbacca, giving him an advantage in those aspects. Could their respective interactions with the Pandoran indigenous wildlife and Na'vi residents who happen to be in or around the battlefield potentially be an important factor in deciding the eventual outcome?

#37 Posted by BloodBlunts (614 posts) - - Show Bio

going strictly HTH Beastn is gonna drop Chewie. He's an original Xman with years training with them. Chewie seems to be a weapons expert so if he had his normal aresnal hed give a much better fight

#38 Edited by SunDeep (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloodblunts said:

going strictly HTH Beastn is gonna drop Chewie. He's an original Xman with years training with them. Chewie seems to be a weapons expert so if he had his normal aresnal hed give a much better fight

Hey, given the battle setting, he could probably fashion a fair few of his weapons even on Pandora. If he figures out the properties of the Unobtainium, it seems like its unique properties of superconductivity and intense magnetism would make it the perfect material to craft an ultra-powerful Bowcaster from. And given his experience with the fierce and massive predators back in the forests of Kashyyk, Chewbecca should be far more prepared to take on the indigenous megafauna of Pandora than Beast would be (although Beast's speed and agility should allow him to go swinging through the trees in relative safety). However, could Beast pass for either an extremely deformed Na'vi or an Avatar? And given that he should be theroetically capable of speaking their language (if he manages to work it out), while Chewbacca would be incapable of doing so due to his vocal limitations, could he manage to persuade the Na'vi to provide him with aid or intel, or perhaps even join the hunt on his side?

#39 Posted by BloodBlunts (614 posts) - - Show Bio

i didnt even read the part where it saide they can create weapons lol now i vote chewy

#40 Posted by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

@sundeep said:

@bloodblunts said:

Hey, given the battle setting, he could probably fashion a fair few of his weapons even on Pandora. If he figures out the properties of the Unobtainium, it seems like its unique properties of superconductivity and intense magnetism would make it the perfect material to craft an ultra-powerful Bowcaster from. And given his experience with the fierce and massive predators back in the forests of Kashyyk, Chewbecca should be far more prepared to take on the indigenous megafauna of Pandora than Beast would be. Although- could Beast pass for either an extremely deformed Na'vi or an Avatar?

You think he's going to have time to construct a bowcaster? How is he even going to discover the properties of unobtanium? Where's he going to get the rest of the materials from? How is he going to even get any unobtainium?

#41 Edited by Kaang_the_Watcher (791 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the pic in the OP, we're going with the X-Men First Class/DOFP version of Beast. He's an original X-Man, but he's been in like 3 fights in his entire career.

#42 Posted by SunDeep (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

@sundeep said:

@bloodblunts said:

Hey, given the battle setting, he could probably fashion a fair few of his weapons even on Pandora. If he figures out the properties of the Unobtainium, it seems like its unique properties of superconductivity and intense magnetism would make it the perfect material to craft an ultra-powerful Bowcaster from. And given his experience with the fierce and massive predators back in the forests of Kashyyk, Chewbecca should be far more prepared to take on the indigenous megafauna of Pandora than Beast would be. Although- could Beast pass for either an extremely deformed Na'vi or an Avatar?

You think he's going to have time to construct a bowcaster? How is he even going to discover the properties of unobtanium? Where's he going to get the rest of the materials from? How is he going to even get any unobtainium?

The unobtainium floats around- if he stumbles across any stray chunks, it'll be hard to miss. And all he'll need to improvise a primitive Bowcaster are just two chunks of the metal for the magnetic orbs, a frame to hold them together (which could well be made of wood) and a few bolts of magnetised metal to use as ammo. Construction time will be a big issue, true, but with a full mile of hostile mega-fauna infested space jungle between the two of them, it's not totally out of the question.

#43 Posted by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

@sundeep said:

@shawnbaby said:

@sundeep said:

@bloodblunts said:

The unobtainium floats around- if he stumbles across any stray chunks, it'll be hard to miss. And all he'll need to improvise a primitive Bowcaster are just two chunks of the metal for the magnetic orbs, a frame to hold them together (which could well be made of wood) and a few bolts of magnetised metal to use as ammo. Construction time will be a big issue, true, but with a full mile of hostile mega-fauna infested space jungle between the two of them, it's not totally out of the question.

Watch X-Men First Class again...You'll see how fast Beast could run even before he further mutated himself. It won't take him long to cover a mile. And that hostile mega-fauna will be just as much as an impediment to Chewbacca trying to construct a bowcaster out of basically nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
#44 Posted by deactivated-5a162dd41dd64 (8662 posts) - - Show Bio

@sundeep: You should edit the OP to say which version of Beast you're using.

#45 Posted by CrazyBuffalo (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast is clearly more agile, faster, and a better trained fighter (depending on which version we're using), but Chewie is bigger, stronger, and would be better in the field with creating makeshift weapons.

Super close fight, but I'd give to nod to Chewie 6/10 due to the similarities between Pandora and Kashyyykk, which would give him quite the advantage in the field.

#46 Posted by Erkan12 (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Chewy.

#47 Edited by Jacthripper (13823 posts) - - Show Bio

With prep, Chewie wins, he does live on a incredibly dangerous planet, while Beast has never seen an alien.

#48 Posted by Thanofleeze (4388 posts) - - Show Bio

Let the wookiee win.