Altaïr ibn La-Ahad
Altaïr ibn La-Ahad

Rules:

• In character, but determined to win;
  • Both combatants are at their respective physical primes;
  • Composite feats for both (games, books, comics et. cet.);
  • Senu can't aid Bayek in a fight;
  • Check out "Rounds" section for equipment detailes;
  • All rounds take place in Constantinople as depicted in Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Rounds:

1. Pure h2h
  2. Bayek has his standard robes, his curved sword and his medjay shield, Altair has his standard robes, his hidden blade and the sword he had at the beginning of Assassin's Creed (don't confuse with his personal sword);
  3. As above but Bayek gets his starting bow, while Altair gets a crossbow (the one he was supposed to carry in Assassin's Creed);
  4. Both get the best gear they have access to (though Bayek has to wield sword and shield, Altair gets his personal sword, armor and all gadgets he described in the Codex)

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Close close matchup. Probably Altair, legend says that he’s never been hit. With that being said Bayek would be a harder fight than anyone he’s faced.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never beat Origins, so my Bayek knowledge is lacking. Based on my current knowledge though, I'd go Altair since he is regarded as legendary among those in the order.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezio wins.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This a good matchup

CyberBlades22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Altair imo but close match

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayek. He beat better opponents.

But it’s close tho. The “Altair has never been hit” thing is very impressive.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: Well, now that I've beat Origins, though I still have the DLC to go through, as well as some more of the collectibles, Bayek should win this hands down.

Round 1: Hand to hand I think this would be be pretty close. This is the one category that I would say Altair has the best chance of winning, as though I think Bayek is stronger physically (just my hunch), they are probably pretty equal in skill. Bayek had more training and experience (Bayek was 36, and had been a Medjay for years) by the time of origins, than Altair had by the time of AC1 (Altair was 26, and though he was a Master Assassin, he hadn't taken part in any big deal confrontations). So yeah, all in all I'd give the edge to Bayek here.

Round 2: Bayek would overwhelm Altair. Period. Altair definitely has the skill to hang with Bayek, but Bayek's power would be to much for him. I think maybe Altair could be faster / more agile (with only a sword and the hidden blade he'd definitely be lighter), but even if so, it wouldn't be by much.

Round 3: No difference than from above. Though Altair has a crossbow, Bayek's medjay shield (a common bronze shield), should be enough to block/deflect crossbow and shield strikes with no issue.

Round 4: Unless you give Altair an Apple out right, the tech available to Bayek is beyond what able Altair divined from the Apple.

The x-factor, in my opinion, is eagle vision. It is possible to come to the conclusion that Altair's senses are more tuned than Bayek, but it really is hard to say for sure as Eagle vision in the animus is just a manifestation of the assassin's senses via the computer simulation, it isn't really how they see. So Bayek's senses may be pretty equal, AND he has Senu on his side as well. Does anyone else have any information to add to this?