Batwoman (CW) vs Hellcat (NF)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 owie  Moderator

Batwoman (CW) vs Hellcat (Netflix Jessica Jones)

In character, win by any means.

Batwoman is in costume but with no other gear. Hellcat is unarmed.

Battle takes place at a depopulated Amazon warehouse, starting at 30'.

Who wins and why?

Batwoman
Batwoman
Hellcat
Hellcat

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Trish isn’t that good

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Avatar image for chicago_bastard
chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate

Slade-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kate wrecks

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 owie  Moderator

@slade-prime: @chicago_bastard: @allstarsuperman: So one of my questions here is really to establish Kate's level. I haven't watched all the crossover episodes yet, but in the main show, on the one hand we know Kate trained around the world, she won her school's marksmanship award while hungover, and she has cool kicks and whatnot.

But at the same time, I feel like she fights on an equal or barely superior footing with seemingly everyone who lives in Gotham--Alice, the vampire girl, the rich guy in the third episode (who, despite being named Thomas Elliot, is certainly no Hush here), Magpie, her dad, etc. Sophie didn't exactly demolish the completely untrained Duela, and I don't really see Kate being that much of a better fighter than Sophie. When Kate fights guards or Alice's goons, she wins, but it still takes a while, and they're usually not that trained. For instance she needed Alice's help in the Arkham breakout against the multiple guards. She has not really fought anyone with real skills--sure, that executioner and sniper have some training or strength, but they're not exactly an Arrow or Daredevil.

Now Trish has her own issues, I don't want to get into a comparison in my own comments here. But my question is, what do you see as evidence/feats in favor of Kate's abilities, beyond fighting fodder at a fairly moderate level of accomplishment? I mean, I like the character, but I don't see a whole lot of feats yet to really establish herself.

Once we establish Kate's level than I feel like we can discuss how that compares to Trish, who is also in my mind at a fairly moderate level.

chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chicago_bastard

@owie: I'm pretty much with you on BW. In that show the trained fighters don't seem to be greatly above regular guys. I mean Alice, who has shown in multiple fights against Kate that she's at least on her level, was defeated by Mary who is just a medic with no serious fighting background. There was context to that but still, someone who thrashed Batwoman shouldn't lose to a medic even when not at her best.

But as I don't think Trish is that impressive either I called it a stalemate. But have to admit that I don't remember Trish's fights that well so maybe she is better than I give her credit for.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 owie  Moderator

@chicago_bastard: I'm onboard with all that. TBH I don't remember Trish's fights super well either, I'm just going on a general memory that they were OK but not great, as was her enhanced agility. She lost to Jessica, and she killed the serial killer guy, who was supposed to be a decent fighter, but was handcuffed.

Hmm, here's a Trish respect thread. Kind of like I remembered. Decent durability.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trish wins, she has far superior durability

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman easily wins.

She was able to defeat Green Arrow (who WAS the best fighter in the Arrowverse: now she it!)

She was also able to tag and defeat S5 version of the Flash.

Flash in S4 was shown to be comparable to Devoe's picosecond closing Portal, and BW was able to tag Flash while he was in mid combat.

Batwoman destroys a whole Trish army with her being able to best the best fighter in a superhero verse, along with blitz a character who has several speeds feats showing him to be relative to picosecond time.

chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like scaling in Arrowverse is all over the place. She defeated Ollie? Then why is that guy wanked in this forum as the greatest live-action street-leveler of all? smh

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like scaling in Arrowverse is all over the place. She defeated Ollie? Then why is that guy wanked in this forum as the greatest live-action street-leveler of all? smh

One, her defeating Oliver has massive context behind it. Two, Ollie is considered greatest live action peak human on cv because of his feats. Him losing to another character does not mean he is unimpressive. It just means the person who beat him is impressive as well(though Kate didn't really beat him.)

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

She didn't actually beat either Arrow or Flash just knocked them down. The situation itself was ridiculous. First Dr Destiny rewrote reality causing Arrow and Flash to switch lives, nether was could the other skill set properly then secondly they gother hit with Scarecrow Fear Toxins.

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Kidd
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By owie  Moderator

@the_kidd said:
@chicago_bastard said:

Loading Video...

She didn't actually beat either Arrow or Flash just knocked them down. The situation itself was ridiculous. First Dr Destiny rewrote reality causing Arrow and Flash to switch lives, nether was could the other skill set properly then secondly they gother hit with Scarecrow Fear Toxins.

I know this comment was from a while ago, but I finally watched all the crossover episodes, and I want to back The_kidd up on his comment. As seen in the video, Flash and Arrow were inhabiting each other's bodies and were still very inconsistent when it came to using each other's abilities. That was especially the case here, where they were under the effect of Scarecrow's fear toxin, and having massive hallucinations where they saw each other as hallucinated enemies. This led Ollie and Barry to fight each other, and because of the fear gas AND their lack of ability to use the other's abilities, Barry-in-Oliver's body (who had Oliver's skills but couldn't use them consistently) was fighting equally with Oliver-in-Barry's body (who had Barry's speed but couldn't use it consistently). Then Kate basically came up unexpectedly while they were hallucinating and kicked them both in one leaping kick/throw. I mean, it shows some skill to do that move, but that's all it showed.