Right. Just thought that I'd post this due to some people joining and then posting things that would be considered annoying. Well, here's the proper (IMO) etiqutte of the battles forum.....
1) Please, do not post threads that have been done multiple times in the past. Examples being Marvel Vs. DC, DBZ Vs. Marvel, Thanos Vs. Darkseid, and Superman Vs. Hulk. Please check the thread called "Re-Cap" and read through the posts to find threads that have already been done and the outcome decided. Chances are, if it's something like "Daredevil Vs. Batman" it's been done before. Here is the link to the Re-Cap thread.... http://www.comicvine.com/message/re-cap/275779/&c=75&75
2) Also, please only post a battles thread if you do not know the answer. Posting a thread such as "Galactus Vs. Spider-Man" and then saying "Galactus wins!" in the first post is not ver productive and, overall, wastes time.
3) Please, oh god please, do NOT, under any circumstances, make a hate thread. If someone has proven you wrong in another thread, do not make a thread that involves you fighting that person, and insulting that person. All that does is create hate on the forums and detracts the fun environment that has been created. This also goes for hate threads against a certain character (an EX being "Superman Vs. Wolverine". Just because you dislike the character, it probably won't make you feel better to hear other people say he gets his @$$ beat).
4) Again, I urge you, do not make generalizations in battle threads. A good EX being "Who can beat Iceman?". It's like making a 100,000,000 battle threads at once.
5) One of the main aspects of the Battle Forum is that you debate. However, if someone proves you wrong, do not let it get out of hand. Just because you got proven wrong, or someone believed something different than you, you do not need to insult them. Especially racist, swear-filled, and prejudice layered insults. It will only make people dislike you more.
6) Everyone has different opinions and beliefs-but remember, you're posts and opinions are subject for opinion. Someone is going to disagree with you. It's how it goes. Also, there is no right answer here-it is strictly opinion.
Hopefully we can keep this bumped until it gets stickied. I also might edit it to include more if more suggestions are made. Thanks for reading, and let's try to keep the battles forum a fun place for everyone!
Post Edited:2007-10-29 20:02:53
Post Edited:2007-10-29 20:09:07
Post Edited:2007-10-29 20:11:08