battle semi finals alien elf man vs idiot box closed

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ownagepants

the match ends when the other team is completley eliminated of course this is determined by votes

the fight takes place in a neighborhood both teams start in the first house on the left side their 200 yards apart on the side of the starting house is 3 other houses

their are 3 rows of four houses in between the starting points so each side gets 1 row of houses you can pass this row and go into your enemy's row the middle row is up for grabs if anyone wants it all house have access to the roof and their low enough where you could jump off without injury

tparks idiot box

barney ross

jim the waco kid

lee swagger

smith

tequila yuen

i_like swords team alien elf man

winter solider

punisher

rocket raccoon

starlord

legolas

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

post your gear before you start and whatever you post thats it ok

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team Gear

Winter Soldier:

Equipment

Bionic Arm - His Bionic Arm grants Bucky some degree of Superhuman strength, allowing him to punch through a metal robot and rip metal off of it's hinges. Scans shown above. His metal arm can also release an EMP. Again, scan shown above. Most notably though, he can discharge electrical bolts through the palm of his mechanical arm, which obviously aids him a lot in hand to hand combat.

Sniper Rifle - Four Clips

SHIELD Special Modified Handgun - Four Clips

Submachine Gun - Four clips

Combat Knife

Frag Grenades

Flash Grenades

Bullet-proof and Impact Resistant armor

Punisher:

Equipment

4 Combat Knives - This is standard loadout for Frank. A skilled knife fighter never leaves home without something to pull out his sleeve in a close quarters situation.

M16 Assault Rifle w/Grenade Launcher and Reflex Sight - 5 Mags, armor piercing

Handgun - 5 Clips

Frag Mines and Grenades

Bullet-Proof Vest

Legolas:

Equipment

Bow of Galadhrim - An Elven bow with a draw weight of 150 pounds

Twin Long Knives - Legolas would normally even favour using an arrow in close quarters, but is still proficient enough with these long knives.

Starlord:

Equipment

Cybernetic Implants - Can see all energy spectrums, and the memory chip in his brain grants him 100% recall (can remember anything). This is a very important factor in battle. He will be able to pick up on any mistakes and capitalize on them upon the second engagement. (But I've already touched on that)

Battle Suit - His suit allows him to regulate oxygen in space, and is heat dampening.

Battle Helmet - His battle helmet analyses strategy data and improves his vision.

Two Kree Submachine Guns - Two kree submachine guns with various bullets, including explosive.

Element Gun* - It seems he's back to using this instead

Rocket Raccoon:

Equipment

Laser Cannon - Rocket has an extremely powerful laser cannon, which can bust holes straight through Badoon space ships.

Laser Pistols - He keeps on him two powerful laser pistols.

Blaster Gauntlers - On his suit he has two blasters on each gauntlet.

Rocket Powered Jet Boots

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@i_like_swords: @ownagepants: I'll try and get my initial posts up today, but I'm in a wedding this weekend, so I'll probably be slow to respond. Just wanted to give a heads-up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: That's cool, I'll wait for you to put up your gear before we start.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GEAR

Barney Ross:

1. Dual modified 1911 Kimber Gold Combat II (the two pistols he carries in the movies). I think each hold 12 shots. So I'll say he carries 3 extra clips for each gun. Total of 8 clips (counting the 2 that he starts loaded), total of 96 rounds. These are worn low on his hips.
  2. Colt SAA "quick draw" .45 long coat Revolver (this is what he uses whenever he is seen fanning the hammer) - Six shots. He will carry an extra 30 rounds for reloading.
  3. Kevlar Vest
  4. Bowie Knife (the one that Jean Claude Vandam stole from him) Worn on his leg
  5. Heckler and Kotch UMP with an extra clip. Each clip holds 40 rounds for a total of 80 rounds.

Smith:

Smith is not going to worry about reloading or bringing extra clips. He is going to just use an arsenal of guns with one clip loaded and switch them out as he empties them. He will also pick up weapons from the wounded and dead. These are all hand guns too (just like the movie)

1. Walther PPK pistol.
  2. Magnum Desert Eagle .50 Action Express
  3. Taurus PT92 AFS
  4. Glock 17
  5. Sig-Sauer P226
  6. Beretta 92fs 9mm
  7. Heckler & Kotch USP-9
  8. Nite Tac .45 ACP
  9. A bag of carrots (Smith can significantly increase his eyes sight by eating carrots)

Bobby Lee Swagger:

1. M40A3 - 7.62x51mm NATO (Sniper Rifle used in opening scene) - 30 rounds
  2. M4A1 (Assault rifle he uses while Michael Pena was sniping for his cover) - 30 round clip with 2 back up clips
  3. Military armor.

Inspector "Tequila" Yuen:

1. Norinco Type 54 - 12 round clip
  2. Taurus PT92 with suppresor - 16 round clip, carry 2 extra clips
  3. Heckler & Kotch MP5A3 (this is what he uses in the warehouse scene) 30 round clip, with 2 extra clips.
  4. Mossberg 500 cruiser 12 guage shotgun - Holds six shells. Extra 24 shells to reload
  5. Kevlar Vest with pockets to hold all of his extra ammo and clips.

Jim "The Waco Kid":

1. Dual Colt .45 single action army revolvers - Each hold 6 shots. He will carry and additional 48 rounds on his belt.
ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ownagepants: @tparks: I'll begin

[Insert super flashy title for awesome strategy]

Each of my team members have their own individual strengths. In my strategy each of them will be utilized fully.

Punisher

Frank, as soon as the fight starts, will take to the middle buildings and discreetly place two or three frag mines. From there, he'll take position in one of the middle houses, and move from window to window, monitoring the battlefield. His weapon loadout allows him to give good support fire. If he spots anyone of the enemy team, he need only blow a hole in the house they're inside, and their cover will be blown. So, yeah, Franks basically here for support.

Legolas (Videos don't work if I put on a spoiler block.)

Legolas' real strength lies in his ability to kill enemies from a distance, which is naturally what he would do here. From the getgo, Legolas takes to the roof of the starting building and stays posted there as a sniper. From there he'll use a combination of his Elven vision, and crazy accuracy to spot and snipe any member of the other team who are out in the open.

Loading Video...

A showcase of Legolas' reaction speed and accuracy, managing to sink an arrow into Grimas heart from a massive distance, taking only half a second to get his aim.

Loading Video...

You see Legolas able to spot the Wargs clearly about a mile off. Then, when they come into range, you see his insane accuracy. Briefly after that, you see him pull himself onto his horse with one arm, a showcase of his great strength.

The rest of the video is a good showcase of just how badass Legolas is, but I'm mainly focusing on his ability to pick off a target accurately from a distance.

Rocket Raccoon & Starlord

These two intergalactic policemen best buddies are going to be the members of my team who make all the noise, and I mean that literally as well as figuratively.

Basically, they're going to seek out your team and put them down, as a unit. Rocket Raccoon has at his disposal his laser cannon which had enough firepower to put a hole through a baddoon space ship:

He also has his twin laser pistols.

Starlord will be using his element gun.

Which also has a setting called "blast effect" which sends out a massive shockwave, knocking two of Peters pursuers off their feet.

So between their weapons blasting abilities, their teamwork, and their keen marksmanship, they should be able to cause some havoc for your team while the rest of my guys assume their roles.

Winter Soldier

Bucky is on stealth kill duty. He's going to sneak up behind your team and kill them, silently or otherwise. Legolas will be keeping them indoors, or otherwise in cover, with is arrows, and they'll have their attention fixed on the Raccoon and the handsome blonde accompanying him who are blowing them to pieces.

Here are some of Buckys various stealth feats:

Follows Wolverine for three days without being detected (you know, that guy with extremely keen superhuman senses).

No Caption Provided

Continues to follow Wolverine for a month without him knowing:

Ambushes and defeats Wolverine and a group of NINJAS.. even those trained in the art of stealth, or those with superhuman senses can't get the jump on Bucky:

I don't think those were in order, but you get the idea.

So, to summarize:

• Punisher is going to be in the middle of the map for general support, laying down frag mines and fortifying a defensible position, as well as causing some mayhem with his grenade launcher
  • Legolas is going to be up on the roofs of the starting row of houses, sniping your team as they appear. They will need to have some especially nifty reaction time in order to evade being dropped by the Elf.
  • Starlord and Rocket Raccoon are going to be causing the most mayhem out of everyone, using their weaponry to knock back, blast, and kill your team members should they attempt to get a foothold in the map.
  • Bucky, using his stealth skill, will take a wide flanking route in order to get behind your teammates and dispatch them as silently and efficiently as possible. If worst came to worse, he is definitely no slouch in a fight.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ownagepants: @i_like_swords:

@tparks said:

@i_like_swords: @ownagepants: I'll try and get my initial posts up today, but I'm in a wedding this weekend, so I'll probably be slow to respond. Just wanted to give a heads-up.

Sorry guys, the wedding was a marathon event. I never had a chance to put a response up. I will get one up by the end of the day. Sorry again for the delay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Nah it's alright man, no rush.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Here's my response. Sorry for the long post, but I could only use spoiler blocks in a few locations because of the videos...

1. Barney Ross:

Barney Ross is the leader of the mercenary group known as the Expendables. His is an expert with several forms of firearms seen throughout both films. His specialization is with his two signature pistols and his modified revolver.

Loading Video...

From 1:11-2:06 - This showcases Barney using his modified Colt .45 as he fans the trigger. Barney is able to draw at incredibly fast speeds, shoot incredibly fast, and accurate.

Loading Video...

From 0:05-0:17 - This shows that even if your team somehow closed the gap to get in close quarters (which is not going to happen), Barney is no slouch with a knife either.

LINK <<Click link for video. Youtube wouldn't let me embed it here. :(

1:20-1:31, Barney is driving a car at high speeds, sliding and accurately firing a gun. This shows his ability to fire a gun from any position accurately, and hit VERY fast moving targets even from an incredibly difficult shooting position and environment. He also hits targets that are not very close.

Loading Video...

0:43-0:45 Barney fans the trigger again and kills 4 people. Each shot was a kill shot from his hip.

Loading Video...

From start until 0:56 - Barney takes 2 shots from long range from behind cover. One of the shots he is even talking on the phone when he shoots. His last shot is from VERY long range with his pistol and it's another kill shot.

LINK <<Click Link for video. Youtube wouldn't let me embed. :(

From 1:34-1:57 Barney is seen making some more kill shots all hitting their targets. He uses both his pistols and assault rifle here too. His kill with the guy on the stairway is a particularly long shot.

From 2:08-2:13 He makes a few more impressive shots with dual pistols.

I think that is enough for video evidence of why Barney is going to be a huge threat to everyone on your team. There are more scenes of him with close quarter combat, but I don't see the need to post those because your team should never be able to close range on mine. I have too many amazing shooters who have proven themselves to be able to take your team out at longer distances.

2. Smith

Smith is definitely the most inventive character in this battle with his guns. He can also increase his vision and accuracy by eating carrots. If your team was to do the impossible and get through my snipers, this is what they have to look forward to...

Loading Video...

2:02-2:43 - Smith is shown on a dead sprint, jumping, sliding, using his gun to alter the environment to suit his needs, and killing accurately the whole time he does this.

3:07-3:17 - Smith shows an incredible accuracy feat.

Loading Video...

0:32-2:45 Shows more of Smith doing what he does best. He shoots kill shots while on a dead sprint, in mid air, from all different positions, and all while carrying a baby safely. This also shows him using the environment so his advantage and his creativity on the battlefield.

There are several other scenes that I can pull up, but I don't think I need to. This should be enough to showcase how deadly and inventive Smith is by utilizing his environment.

3. Bobby Lee Swagger

Bobby Lee Swagger is going to be my team leader. He is also by far the best sniper in this battle besides maybe Jim (I'll get to that later). Legolas is also a proven sniper, but Bobby Lee Swagger is at a much better advantage then him. Bobby has more feats of sniping at longer ranges, and the weapons capable of shooting from much further away. His bullets travel much faster then even arrows from an elven bow. He is able to shoot lying down, prone, standing up, and from behind cover. Legolas must be standing up leaving his body exposed to shoot arrows. Also, with the lighter weight and size of bullets, Bobby can carry much more ammunition then Legolas can arrows.

Loading Video...

Here's Bobby Hitting a can of stew (very small target) from over a mile away.

Loading Video...

1:40-2:13 Bobby makes two long range shots I'm guessing 500 yards out at targets moving at a fast pace in a vehicle. Both are head shots.

That's enough to prove that Bobby Lee Swagger is the most deadly sniper in this battle.

4. Inspector "Tequila" Yuen

Inspector "Tequila" Yuen is basically my answer to any unexpected advances from your team. He's able to shoot at close to medium ranges very accurately. He is very agile and smart to keep himself away from enemy fire, but keep himself in positions to fire on multiple enemies and able to get in to position quickly. This will help him avoid anything from sniper fire to small skirmishes in tight locations.

Loading Video...

5. Jim "The Waco Kid"

Bobby Lee Swagger is my team Sniper, but Jim might be better. He can shoot at the same distance as Bobby, but he also has incredibly quick hands for fast shots in close range.

Loading Video...

0:37-1:10 - Jim shows his amazing shooting speed and accuracy. This is on Roland Deschain levels. He was able to shoot 7 guns out of 7 people's hands in less then a second without hitting anything but their guns. Go back and watch the timer to check, it's less then a second. When they show him again, his hands are so fast that his guns are already holstered. One more thing, he's drunk while he does this.

Loading Video...

0:57-1:13 In this scene, dynamite was set to blow up a fake town and take out the people in the town. The charges didn't work so Jim has to snipe each explosive with his gun from what looks like around 500 yards. That's around the same range as Bobby Lee Swagger in the second video I posted of him. Jim hits all of his targets without missing. I have two snipers who can take you out from a distance further then anything you have.

My Strategy

My strategy is to play my range advantage against your lack of range.

Bobby Lee Swagger is going to head to a roof of a house from the back and lay down so he has eyes on the whole battlefield. He will come from the back of the house so your team will not see him climb to the top. This will keep him out of sight. With his range, any open shot is a kill shot in an area of only 200 yards. He will keep his body on the slanted slope so he can keep only his head and rifle above the peak. This leaves hardly any room for him to be seen or take fire. This is something Legolas can not do because his Bow will not allow shooting from this position. He will be open to fire from Bobby from the get go. 200 yards is like shooting fish in a barrel for Swagger. I expect Legolas to go down very fast with the position you gave him.

Swagger will direct Jim to another roof with long range. He will also be used as a second sniper. If your team somehow is able to advance, he will be in good position to open quick shots and take them out.

Swagger being the highly trained sniper and soldier, will direct Barney to take their primary positions to defend him and Jim and call out any advances. Barney will be the battlefield leader of Yuen and Smith. Those three will keep any advances from the rest of your team. Barney and his team will spread out enough that they can view the whole field, but be ready for back up if need be. Their primary goal will be to call

I predict Legolas to drop from the start. But even if he didn't, my team will keep well out of his range, forcing your team to advance on my two snipers who out-range anything your team has.

Your Team

This is why your team can not close on range.

Winter Soldier:

If you would have left Winter Soldier at your start as your sniper, you could have had some kind of ranged support to try and match my snipers, but you sent him into the field. That's a deadly place to be against my two snipers and my three other battlefield support characters who all have eyes on each other. If he is successful on sneaking up on any of my team (which will be hard to do with how many eyes I have on the field), he will have two other deadly characters opening fire on him and probably both of my snipers. Every one of my team is ready to back up each other.

Punisher:

Punisher doesn't have weapons with range enough to be effective. His mines will be worthless, because my team has no reason to advance on your position. Punisher needs to travel a long ways through my teams range before he has a chance to take any shots. My snipers aren't going to miss any open shots either.

Starlord and Rocket Raccoon:

These two are scary. They have worked together in some of the toughest battles against foes like Thanos, are two smart characters, and have advanced weaponry. The problem with them is that I don't recall them ever fighting any long range battles. All of the feats I can think of Starlord and Rocket Raccoon are with the Guardians or pre-guardians Annihilation: Conquest. Usually they are surrounded by tons of enemies, but their shots usually only range from point blank to somewhere around 10 feet away. Unless you have some long ranged feats from them, they have the same problem that Punisher has.

Legolas:

Legolas is standing on a roof, he should die from a head shot right from the start. Legolas is only allowed to move at speeds of Nightwing (per the rules) so dodging bullets from Swagger is not likely. A head shot from Swagger should come right from the start. Legolas is out of his element here anyways. He has more years of fighting then any other character, but it's against people with medieval weapons, not a highly trained squad of armed forces with firearms. Anywhere that Legolas is able to pull up and shoot, will leave himself vulnerable because of the requirements of shooting a bow. Any vulnerabilities will be quick head shots from Swagger.

Summary

Bobby Lee Swagger can solo your team with his range and the support from the rest of my team and my second sniper in Jim. If anyone does make it in close, they are still fighting up hill because when they finally are in range to shoot, throw grenades, or do any fighting at all, they will be targeted by all 5 members of my team and put down quickly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I'll get right on with debunking your strategy!

Bobby Lee Swagger is going to head to a roof of a house from the back and lay down so he has eyes on the whole battlefield. He will come from the back of the house so your team will not see him climb to the top. This will keep him out of sight. With his range, any open shot is a kill shot in an area of only 200 yards. He will keep his body on the slanted slope so he can keep only his head and rifle above the peak. This leaves hardly any room for him to be seen or take fire. This is something Legolas can not do because his Bow will not allow shooting from this position. He will be open to fire from Bobby from the get go. 200 yards is like shooting fish in a barrel for Swagger. I expect Legolas to go down very fast with the position you gave him.

Problem: Legolas will have an arrow nocked before Bobby gets his first foot up on the roof. Elves are naturally much more agile, and better climbers than men. This is evidenced in the video where Legolas climbs the Oliphant:

Loading Video...

So, Legolas should be up on the roof quicker.

Second problem: Legolas can have an arrow knocked much more quickly than Bobby can have himself set up in a prone position, with his sniper bipod setup. This is evidenced in the video where Legolas takes out Grima wormtongue from the bottom to the top of Sarumans tower. His reaction time was pretty impressive:

Loading Video...

So, not only should Legolas be up on the roof faster, he should have his bow ready to fire in a fraction of the time it would take Bobby to set up his snipers nest. Also, I think it's fair to say range isn't an issue here. Legolas, in the videos I've shown, has hit targets well over 200 yards for a kill shot.

Third problem: Legolas doesn't have to adjust his scope to optimum range before he fires his bow, because he doesn't have one! Bobby will have to spend another moment adjusting his scope, just to get any of his rounds off.

So.. the main problem for you in this Sniper vs Bowman situation is that it takes significantly less time for an elf to climb a small building, nock an arrow, and release it when he see's an enemy, than it will take Bobby to climb up, lay prone, adjust his scope, and then steady up and take the shot.

Swagger will direct Jim to another roof with long range. He will also be used as a second sniper. If your team somehow is able to advance, he will be in good position to open quick shots and take them out.

Same reasons as above, Legolas should be able to end Jim pretty quickly. Jim'll get up on a roof slower or at the same time as Bobby. Legolas will be up and have an arrow nocked as soon as he see's either head pop up. Once either guy see's one of his teammates fall back down from the roof with an arrow in their skull, he'll rethink taking the sniper position.

Swagger being the highly trained sniper and soldier, will direct Barney to take their primary positions to defend him and Jim and call out any advances. Barney will be the battlefield leader of Yuen and Smith. Those three will keep any advances from the rest of your team. Barney and his team will spread out enough that they can view the whole field, but be ready for back up if need be. Their primary goal will be to call

So.. your gameplan is to protect the two snipers? That suits me I guess, considering there won't be any snipers to protect.

Well, the only thing that's really left to do is prove why my team can outshoot yours. Unfortunately I've just gone through a house-move so I don't have any comics on hand, but I'll try to manage with stuff I've posted previously.

Winter Soldier

Bucky's handgun packs more punch than any of your team members.

Temporarily knocks down Ares, giving Bucky time to escape:

No Caption Provided

The guy is nigh-invulnerable and revered as a god, so the handgun packs a pretty good punch. Ares himself says "Impressive"

His handgun has explosive rounds too, capable of blowing an AK into pieces:

No Caption Provided

After falling from several stories and cracking some ribs, he tags Crossbones multiple times:

Shoots 3 of Hawkeyes arrows in mid-air:

No Caption Provided

So I think it's safe to say Bucky can handle himself in a gunfight. His marksmanship is incredible, but it's my belief that it won't come down to that. He should be able to sneak up behind your team. My plan with Legolas removes your snipers from the equation, meaning you won't have the view of the battlefield you thought you had. Besides, there isn't much to view if it's all houses anyway.

Bucky in my mind is completely capable of slipping in and out of some houses and getting behind your guys for a stealth kill. I already showed the scans of him following Wolverine for a month undetected, and ambushing Wolverine and a group of ninjas. If he can get the jump on a group of ninjas and a guy with superhuman senses, he can handle your guys.

Furthermore, your team will have to put up with the racket that Starlord, Rocket and Frank will be causing. Between Starlords blast effect setting, Rockets ship-busting Laser Cannon, and Franks grenades and grenade launcher, your guys will have all they can handle in terms of explosive traffic. Also, when it suits them, they can switch to their more subtle sidearms.

So, Bucky has your guys handled in terms of hand-to-hand, and if need be, close quarters fire-fights.

Starlord and Rocket Raccoon

*Starlord scans coming soon*

Rockets Laser pistols are much higher duty than anything your guys have on them. I do have more scans of Rocket dealing with multiple fodder, but unfortunately I don't have access to my comics. Here's a general idea of what Rocket is packing anyway:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And also, he has the advantage of his Laser Cannon to shock-kill some of your guys who are playing defence:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So, Rocket has your guys outgunned, and is already a keen marksman by himself. He's also pretty small, so he's somewhat of a hard target to hit.

Punisher

If Frank can tag Spider-Man, he can tag your guys. He also shoots off both of his webshooters midair

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tags Burnout, a speedster. Franks description of how hard it was to hit her shows just how fast she was going:

No Caption Provided

Unfortunately I can't post some of the other stuff I have right now, but I'll get to that soon.

But yeah, Franks an incredible marksman. Shooting people is kind of his thing. He's going to be more than sufficient for picking off your teammates and giving support fire, while Winter Soldier gets his sneak on, Legolas gets his snipe on, and the Guardians get their kaboom on.

So for me, the range advantage you're trying to establish isn't quite there. 200 yards really isn't that much. Legolas is a lot more effective in the given range, my guys are packing better equipment, have a much more versatile gameplan, and are arguably equal or better marksmen.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Why Legolas dies early:

Problem: Legolas will have an arrow nocked before Bobby gets his first foot up on the roof. Elves are naturally much more agile, and better climbers than men. This is evidenced in the video where Legolas climbs the Oliphant:

I agree that Legolas should be on the roof quicker with his agility. But he will have no target to shoot at. If you see my original strategy, my snipers climb from the back of the house. They are out of Legolas' sight. When they are on the roof, they keep their bodies on the slanted side facing the backyard. This keeps their entire body out of eye sight giving Legolas no chance to see them or fire arrows at them. When they are ready to begin sniping, they only have their head and gun on the top of the roof. Bobby Lee Swagger is shown in my second video above being able to quickly take shots after aiming. He's not like most snipers who have to check range, adjust their scopes, and wait for a shot. As soon as he has a shot, he takes it, and it's always a kill shot. Even if Legolas fires an arrow, they have plenty of time to just roll over or duck their head by time the arrow reaches them. Even I could dodge an arrow at that range. Plus, I have two snipers. If he shoots at one sniper, that sniper being shot at will dodge, while the other shoots and kills Legolas. Legolas being on the roof is the worst place for him in this fight. You should have used Winter Soldier or Punisher with a sniper rifle. Legolas is a huge target as he has to stand up with his bow and his arrows are visible and travel slower then bullets. He also knows nothing of combat with firearms, so he will not be expecting the methods of my snipers being able to stay in cover while firing. That is just not possible to do on a roof with a bow, where it is not difficult at all for a sniper like Swagger. Legolas should be considered dead from the beginning of this fight.

Second problem: Legolas can have an arrow knocked much more quickly than Bobby can have himself set up in a prone position, with his sniper bipod setup. This is evidenced in the video where Legolas takes out Grima wormtongue from the bottom to the top of Sarumans tower. His reaction time was pretty impressive:

That is a deleted scene. Wormtongue and Saruman both survived in the tower in canon, so that feat really doesn't mean anything. Even if that feat is to be used, you are underestimating Swagger. He is not an average sniper. He does not need all of the set up you think he does. Watch in the video below as he uses a .22 caliber hunting rifle with a POS scope. This is a gun that you by for your kid's first gun because it is cheap and not supposed to be that deadly.

Loading Video...

This proves that Bobby Lee Swagger does not need all of the set up you think he does. He is using a piece of garbage gun and scope that you can buy at WalMart for next to nothing, standing in a row boat with waves that would make it almost impossible to aim, and he gets three amazing head shots from a long range. Notice on his third kill how he brings the gun to his eye before he shoots. He only had an short instant before he shoots. That took him no set up to pull off that impossible shot.

Third problem: Legolas doesn't have to adjust his scope to optimum range before he fires his bow, because he doesn't have one! Bobby will have to spend another moment adjusting his scope, just to get any of his rounds off.

So.. the main problem for you in this Sniper vs Bowman situation is that it takes significantly less time for an elf to climb a small building, nock an arrow, and release it when he see's an enemy, than it will take Bobby to climb up, lay prone, adjust his scope, and then steady up and take the shot.

Watch in all of the videos I have, Bobby takes no time to adjust his scope because he does not need to. Also, like I already mentioned, Legolas will have no target to shoot at.

So.. your gameplan is to protect the two snipers? That suits me I guess, considering there won't be any snipers to protect.

Well, the only thing that's really left to do is prove why my team can outshoot yours. Unfortunately I've just gone through a house-move so I don't have any comics on hand, but I'll try to manage with stuff I've posted previously.

My game plan is still to protect the two snipers. I haven't seen any evidence that you have anything that can counter my snipers. A bow and arrow is no match to a sniper in the class of Bobby Lee Swagger, even if Legolas is the one with the bow. Legolas has had no training in sniping, because he has never been in a firefight with firearms before. He is way out of his element and is going to die. You're lack of range is what will lose this battle.

Winter Soldier

So I think it's safe to say Bucky can handle himself in a gunfight. His marksmanship is incredible, but it's my belief that it won't come down to that. He should be able to sneak up behind your team. My plan with Legolas removes your snipers from the equation, meaning you won't have the view of the battlefield you thought you had. Besides, there isn't much to view if it's all houses anyway.

Winter Soldier can only move straight at my team unless he BFR's himself by leaving the battlefield to go around my team. We stayed at home so the end of the battle field is at our backs. His stealth is impressive, but he is going to have to sneak in front of 5 sets of eyes, that are waiting for him. If he somehow is able to sneak up on one of my characters, he will have to fight that character, while my 4 other team members also open fire on him. Winter Soldier should be dead if that is his strategy. 8/10 times he will die before he gets in range to do any damage. 1/10 times he will do the impossible and close the range, but still die before he is outgunned and dies anyways. 1/10 times he will close the range and maybe wound or kill one of my team, but he also dies from the gun fire from my team. In my opening strategy, Bobby Lee Swagger directed everyone so everyone can keep their eyes on each teammate at all times.

Starlord, and Rocket Raccoon

Star Lord and Rocket Raccoon are two of my favorite characters in comics, so I'm the first to admit that they are great fighters with their weapons, but they like to fight in close range. If you can find some scans of them being able to fight at the range my team can shoot from, then they can be considered threats. All of the comics I've read of them have them fighting with either the Guardians or some other team, surrounded by tons of enemies, but the enemies are all in relatively close quarters. If this fight was indoors in a small to medium sized area, they would be the top fighters in this battle or maybe even the entire tournament by far, but because they have to advance to the range they are comfortable shooting at, they are not really any threat to my team.

Punisher

I'd say my three battlefield members (Barney, Smith, Yuen) are all on the same level as Frank. So if he is able to get past my snipers and into range to shoot with these guys, then it will be a good fight. I don't see him getting into range though. Even if he does, it will be a good fight, that doesn't mean he wins. I think he would go 5/10 if he went one on one with any one of my battle field guys. With all three of them, he gets shot down pretty quick. He also is going to still be taking fire from Jim and Bobby too. Jim is on Roland Deschain's level for quick shooting with accuracy with his revolvers, and Bobby has his M4A1 if he needs to use it for a close to mid range weapon.

More on Bobby Lee Swagger

Video < Click this link and watch from 24:32-27:29. (Youtube wouldn't let me embed it, also it's a foreign language, but you'll get the idea). This shows how much Bobby understands Stealth and demonstrates his expert battlefield knowledge. He organized an infiltration of a heavily guarded house without being seen. He takes out several guards along the way. He also plants several explosives. Bobby knows what to look for when it comes to stealth so he will know what to look for when Winter Soldier is trying to approach my team.

Also watch from 32:00-33:57. This shows he is also capable of close quarter combat and his talent with his M4A1 if your team does do the impossible and come within range where he would switch to this weapon.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I don't really have anything else I think I need to add. Unless you have more, then I'm ready for a vote.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: So your whole plan revolves around the following ideas:

- Your snipers won't have a single part of their body available to be shot by Legolas

- Winter Soldier has to walk infront of 5 people in order to get behind them, despite the fact he can slip through a building instead, and Frank, Starlord and Rocket will be absolutely no distraction whatsoever

- Rocket Raccoons Laser Cannon, Starlords blast effect setting, and Franks grenade launcher aren't notable factors worth countering in your argument

- Your guys have better stealth feats than the Winter Soldier, who tracked someone with superhuman senses, and took him and a group of ninjas out using stealth

- 200 yards is a completely advantageous range for snipers, but not people handguns, cannons, grenade launchers and assault rifles

- Your guys are as good marksman as Frank who has tagged Spider-Man and a confirmed speedster

Yeah.. I stand by my strategy

Open voting @ownagepants

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: So your whole plan revolves around the following ideas:

- Your snipers won't have a single part of their body available to be shot by Legolas Any basic roof would be aequate cover from an archer. A bow is at a great disadvantage to a sniper rifle.

- Winter Soldier has to walk infront of 5 people in order to get behind them, despite the fact he can slip through a building instead, and Frank, Starlord and Rocket will be absolutely no distraction whatsoever - There is no behind my team. I stayed home so I don't have an area behind me. He will be walking straight at my guns. He still has to move in and out of buildings, where he will be gunned down. Yes, Frank brought no weapons to match my range. Starlord and Rocket have no ranged feats and you have not provided any scans to disprove this. The only ranged weapon to match mine is with Winter Soldier, who you sent on a stealth mission.

- Rocket Raccoons Laser Cannon, Starlords blast effect setting, and Franks grenade launcher aren't notable factors worth countering in your argument. I don't see any reason to counter them. They can't get in range to use them. My snipers will put a headshot on any of them who try to use them.

- Your guys have better stealth feats than the Winter Soldier, who tracked someone with superhuman senses, and took him and a group of ninjas out using stealth. I don't need to use stealth. I'm going to sit tight and wait for him to walk right in front of my team. There is no behind my team.

- 200 yards is a completely advantageous range for snipers, but not people handguns, cannons, grenade launchers and assault rifles. It's common knowledge that a pistol is accurate at a range (where no one is shooting at you and you have a position to have good form and time to aim) is about 25 yards. An M16 is normally sighted in for 100 yards. That's at a shooting range where the gun is locked in place and there is little human error. Accurate shooting in the field with out a scope would probably be around 50 yards and that would have a miss ratio of at least 12 inches in an experts hands. That is if it has a scope, which you did not specify. I've never seen a grenade launcher that can shoot over 2 football fields. An RPG can, but if a grenade launcher had that much force pushing the grenade to travel with the velocity needed to go that far, it would blow the grenade in the barrel. You've provided no scans of laser and plasma canons being used for anything but close combat.

- Your guys are as good marksman as Frank who has tagged Spider-Man and a confirmed speedster. Yes, but with better range.

Yeah.. I stand by my strategy

Open voting @ownagepants

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ownagepants

bump

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_red_viper  Moderator

I think tparks should win this more often than not. His two snipers seem like too much, even for an uncanny archer like Legolas.

ILS also made great points, and I had to think this through for a while before voting, but I believe tparks did the better job in this one.

@tparks@i_like_swords@ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump. Vote please!

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ownagepants: @i_like_swords: I'm guessing that this one is not going to finish anytime soon. lol. I'm not sure where this tournament stands, but I'll forfeit to keep things moving. Besides, I probably shouldn't win. ILS's team is very much superior to mine. I did the best I could to use Swagger to my advantage, and I think it would convince a lot of voters who aren't familiar with Rocket Raccoon and Starlord. Anyone who is knowledgeable on those two would probably see through my strategy.

Rocket Raccoon and Starlord could probably solo this entire tournament if they had to. Street level threats mean nothing to them compared to the cosmic threats they take on in every issue they've ever appeared in.

Thanks for debating with me ILS, and good luck in the finals if they happen!

Thanks ownagepants for putting this on. It was fun. I hope you can get the rest of the matches to finish, because I want to see how this turns out.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: i understand its often hard to finish tournaments unless you can get people to vote

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ownagepants: please call me out if you make a final match. I want to spectate and vote at the end.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an old thread; but I can't help bumping it a little to point out that any decent sniper knows his likely to die soon after his first shot unless his able to avoid enemy cover-fire from riffle grenades, mortars etc. into his position with either long distance or by switching position.

Its actually very easy to sneak up on a lone sniper once you've located him because the scope's FOV is very narrow. That's why modern snipers have two man teams, one shoots and the other one keeps his eyes on their surroundings and calls & confirms hits and such.