Our latest Character of the Month, Wonder Woman, has defeated her first challenger, Beta Ray Bill. Will she claim victory yet again or will she be the one seeing stars this time? Well, you'll be the judge of that because your vote will help determine the outcome! This week, we're placing Wonder Woman against Skybound's powerful character, Invincible.
Will Diana's lasso and impressive hand-to-hand capabilities give her the advantage or will Mark Grayson's raw power be too much for her to overcome? You have plenty of time to give this match a good amount of thought (the poll closes Friday morning), so before you vote, please be sure to read the rules and really think this one through. Will you give Wonder Woman a second victory or do you think she'll eventually fall in this fight?
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
- This is pre-New 52 Wonder Woman.
- They're fighting in a generic city setting. They're in a 5x5 block area which is unpopulated, but everything around that section is full of civilians and they're both aware of this. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
- Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Made up your mind yet? Cool, here's the poll! If you have any trouble, try refreshing the page or voting via a different browser.
Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:
- The results of the poll.
- Thoughts from the staff.
- Viner Arguments for both characters.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Want to suggest a future Battle of the Week for Wonder Woman? Tell us below or share it via twitter.