Battle of the Week: Wonder Woman vs. Beta Ray Bill

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By ZhuRong

Knocking the Air out of the Armored Konvict. Earlier, Superman stated that he'd hit him with enough force to shatter small planets and he still wouldn't fall:

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/755504-trinity_05_2008cbr_8_super.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/trinity05a.jpg

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#253  Edited By tensor

@micah said:

@theblackhood said:
@blackice709 said:

*sigh* biased ass ww fantards and their "she takes this because she's in jl" bs

And you aren't a Marvel "fantard"? Look at your comment history and act like you're not just as biased.

@micah said:

@evil_incarnate said:

@micah said:

@uberhulk said:

@evil_incarnate: Whether Superman's ribs were injured is irrelevant. The Doomsday clone gradually got stronger. He was too strong for her at the beginning of the fight. It doesn't change the fact that with Stormbreaker BRB can hit a hell of a lot harder than Doomsday.

Finally her sword has always been able to cleave atoms this isn't something that's new to her New 52 character.

I'd like to see a reference.

Don't bother it was a stupid PIS feat that really doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense because you would prefer that it not?

Here's a scan from Kingdom Come that even references the fact that the sword can cut atoms

No Caption Provided

As far as BRB hitting harder than Doomsday what proof do you have a of this? Even of we were to use ABC logic Superman has far greater feats of strength than BRB and Doomsday is stronger than Superman. So what has BRB done strength wise to suggest that he's stronger than Doomsday?

Thanks for posting a non-canon/alternate reality scan. My point still stands.

The Kingdom Come is out of Canon but if its been mentioned in other places your opinion of it being PIS doesn't really matter. It seems silly that you want to brush off an atom slicing sword but a world smashing hammer is completely reasonable.

It's still non-canon regardless of what you say. I brush off her atom slicing sword because we have seen no indication of that sort of power in any of the canon except that one PIS moment. Meanwhile we have seen the power of BRB from day one, and have seen his hammer bust planets multiple times. Please bore someone else with your unfounded opinions.

Her atom cutting sword was use in Superman/Batman she cut of a piece of Doomsday bone easy.Later Superman use it to cut a atom.That is Canon and in the new 52.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I provided a scan for Nekron. I will provide scans for Ares and Zeus.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@agent41: Happen to have scans or at least the comic of where it was confirmed to be their strongest attacks? I usually have issues with high tiers attacking other characters, when there is no clear sign of the attacks' destructive force. The only reason I take Beta Ray Bill's feat of tanking a blast from Galactus, is because that attack also annihilated half the planet. If there wasn't any indication of it's destructive capabilities, I wouldn't take it very seriously, either.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By ZhuRong

Tanked assault from Ares at full power, who killed HighFather and was much more powerful than a skyfather at the time. God of war and of the dead:

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/wwaresgodsofgotham14ac-1.jpg

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By PowerWoman

The fact was,Wonder woman isnt superman level,she isnt have enough feats,but ww fans always hate ww feats,right?

That why she never as powerful as superman,thor,hulk,etc

:)

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By ZhuRong

@powerwoman: You do know Post-Crisis Wonder Woman can call upon the Godwave if in great danger, right? :)

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

oh my god i just realized BRB could BFR her... like seriously thats an option

Beta Ray Bill BFRs her and then wins its that simple

Lol XD so...so lame...on so many levels its uncountable. But an option that will be very usefull

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: All I'm asking if there was any clear indication of how powerful and destructive their attack was? I edited my previous comment on why I have a hard time believing attacks from high-tiers.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Wolfrazer

@zhurong: Oh that...she used her bracelets to deflect the attack shown in the 2nd panel her arms are crossed, she didn't really tank it and that took place in Gothan, not Ares' realm.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Alright, cool. Tag me when you do. I'm interested in seeing them.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: Most of these feats happened in her series. Keep in mind that she is written completely different outside her book. It is just like how Thor is so powerful in his own book but outside of it he is written as just a brute who swings his hammer.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@beaconofstrength: Most of these feats happened in her series. Keep in mind that she is written completely different outside her book. It is just like how Thor is so powerful in his own book but outside of it he is written as just a brute who swings his hammer.

Yeah, that's why I'm mostly asking these questions. Inconsistencies like these always happens to characters outside their own books, and I have a harder time accepting feats, if there is no clear indication of the attacks' power/destructive force.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@micah: WW is a better fighter. Much faster in combat and her body has been able to withstand planet busting attacks.

She might be a better fighter by a slight margin. But Bill beat Thor without his hammer, and Thor has centuries of combat experience.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

@micah said:

@theblackhood said:
@blackice709 said:

And you aren't a Marvel "fantard"? Look at your comment history and act like you're not just as biased.

@micah said:

@evil_incarnate said:

@micah said:

@uberhulk said:

@evil_incarnate: Whether Superman's ribs were injured is irrelevant. The Doomsday clone gradually got stronger. He was too strong for her at the beginning of the fight. It doesn't change the fact that with Stormbreaker BRB can hit a hell of a lot harder than Doomsday.

Finally her sword has always been able to cleave atoms this isn't something that's new to her New 52 character.

Here's a scan from Kingdom Come that even references the fact that the sword can cut atoms

No Caption Provided

As far as BRB hitting harder than Doomsday what proof do you have a of this? Even of we were to use ABC logic Superman has far greater feats of strength than BRB and Doomsday is stronger than Superman. So what has BRB done strength wise to suggest that he's stronger than Doomsday?

The Kingdom Come is out of Canon but if its been mentioned in other places your opinion of it being PIS doesn't really matter. It seems silly that you want to brush off an atom slicing sword but a world smashing hammer is completely reasonable.

It's still non-canon regardless of what you say. I brush off her atom slicing sword because we have seen no indication of that sort of power in any of the canon except that one PIS moment. Meanwhile we have seen the power of BRB from day one, and have seen his hammer bust planets multiple times. Please bore someone else with your unfounded opinions.

Her atom cutting sword was use in Superman/Batman she cut of a piece of Doomsday bone easy.Later Superman use it to cut a atom.That is Canon and in the new 52.

Still PISS. Only introduced to further the story.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Beta Ray Bill

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

How big was the planet BRB destroyed? How dense?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@tensor said:

@micah said:

@theblackhood said:
@blackice709 said:

@micah said:

@evil_incarnate said:

@micah said:

@uberhulk said:

No Caption Provided

You are joking.The sword is not PIS.

DC just brought it over into new 52 it was in pre crisis before as well just like her Lasso and Bracelets.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@tensor said:

@micah said:

Are you serious or trolling? It's mentioned several times to be an atomcutting sword and then it actually cuts atoms. Definitely not PIS. Do you even know what PIS is? PIS is like Firelord or Thanos losing to Spiderman. A weapon's powers being confirmed on panel is definitely not PIS.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

How big was the planet BRB destroyed? How dense?

At the most it was the size of Earth, but it looked more compact and denser. Plus during his fight with Thor their blows destroyed another similar sized planet.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I never seen no voting thread get this heated in while.

My vote is for wonder woman. There is no counter for Her lasso and her superior fighting skills . Not to mention combat speeds .

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@tensor said:

@micah said:

Are you serious or trolling? It's mentioned several times to be an atomcutting sword and then it actually cuts atoms. Definitely not PIS. Do you even know what PIS is? PIS is like Firelord or Thanos losing to Spiderman. A weapon's powers being confirmed on panel is definitely not PIS.

Nope no trolling here. I remember it being introduced as a plot device to help beat Doomsday or something. That's why I called it PIS, we never saw her doing anything like that or mentioning it cuts atoms before the moment when it was needed in the story.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: That is why her character is a bit confusing. When Marston first created her, she was intended to be a female Superman but that backfired and she was completely nerfed and inconsistent during most of Pre-Crisis. Writers didn't get her right until Golden Age but then COIE happened and blah. When the reboot happened, Perez did her justice and wrote her as a established top-tier character that becomes more powerful by a year. Other writers carried on his foundation. But still even outside of her book she was a different person. The New 52 is slowly getting her right but we have to wait for her to progress.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:
@micah said:

@tensor said:

@micah said:

@theblackhood said:
@blackice709 said:

@micah said:

@evil_incarnate said:

@micah said:

@uberhulk said:

No Caption Provided

You are joking.The sword is not PIS.

DC just brought it over into new 52 it was in pre crisis before as well just like her Lasso and Bracelets.

Not the sword, the atom cutting part.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman best feats is moving earth by superman helps

Since Golden age,that was her best feat......

It seems rather sad that something like this should happen to such "most powerful woman"

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: How is it PIS? I will tell what is PIS. Giving Batman an armor out of nowhere in which he withstand assaults from the other members of the JL.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#285  Edited By Extremis

I don't know much about WW or what she's capable of but from my limited understanding I'm assuming she's about on par with Thor, who I basically equate BRB to. And, since I default to Marvel in these situations because I like their characters more, I'll vote BRB.

Plus, Walt Simonson is the man!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By micah007123

@zhurong said:

@micah: How is it PIS? I will tell what is PIS. Giving Batman an armor out of nowhere in which he withstand assaults from the other members of the JL.

It doesn't make sense. She and Supes are beaten bloody by Doomsday (if that was the situation it was introduced in I can't remember, it's been awhile). They have all but lost all hope, exhausted all options and now!!!! out of nowhere Wonder Woman says her sword can cut atoms, after all this time??? What about all the other times she used it? In that case every swipe should produce an atomic explosion. It's just so stupid.

I'll agree giving him a suit out of nowhere is PIS, but if it means we get to see him fight Supes again so be it.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Right, but you know in those Zeus/Ares scans, they were holding back right? Ares was wanting WW to suffer, otherwise he could have just ended her with a mere thought, he was torturing her, not unleashing full power.

With Zeus, Diana stated that Zeus didn't actually hurt her.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Right, but you know in those Zeus/Ares scans, they were holding back right? Ares was wanting WW to suffer, otherwise he could have just ended her with a mere thought, he was torturing her, not unleashing full power.

With Zeus, Diana stated that Zeus didn't actually hurt her.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@micah:

Is there any way to verify size or density? Is it stated anywhere? Which fights it's Thor?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: That has been there for a while .It is not new for her sword to cut atoms.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more impressed with Beta Ray Bill's feats. The thoroughbred wins.

TheTrueRedKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By TheTrueRedKid

I never seen no voting thread get this heated in while.

My vote is for wonder woman. There is no counter for Her lasso and her superior fighting skills . Not to mention combat speeds .

Thank you. I made the specific point about the lasso in my post, as well. We can talk all day about planet-busting and tanking shots or whatever, the point is that WW and BRB are both practically indestructible. Okay, we get it.

It's going to come down to a different element that punching and kicking, and WW's lasso is that element, in this case.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill is stronger imo. But WW takes it due to superior speed and fighting skills.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

Bill is stronger imo. But WW takes it due to superior speed and fighting skills.

im already explained the speed thing... literally it was like the 4th or 5th comment

SpawnOfGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By SpawnOfGod
@uberhulk said:

@spawnofgod: Wrong, twice in the space of a few minutes. Blocking an attack with her magic bracelets has nothing to do with her OWN durability, that's a feat for her bracelets not for her. The point is to try to counter the claim she has no defence against BRB planetary level powers, you have failed, she cannot block anything but a focused attack with her bracelets. The second attack wasn't from a planet buster, that should have been obvious from the scans had you read them.

no. its not wrong. i never said anything about her bodys durability. I said she can take. and she did. thats what she does. So, while Im talking about her taking and then proving it, youre mad and attempting to change the subject by talking about her bracelets, which is stupid because she carries them with her. Standard. It doesnt matter what your point is cause its invalid. Proof has been shown that she can easily defend against planetary attacks. Please dont talk about actually reading scans. Thats too hypocritical and hilarious coming from you.

SpawnOfGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kjy said:

@spawnofgod said:

@kjy said:

@agent41 said:

@kjy: Wonder Woman has taken attacks from planet busters.

So? Do you have any scan or just biased words?

You asked for scans of her taking attacks from planet busters. I gave them to you

I said this "Show scans of greater power than BRB!"

@agent41 said:

@kjy said:

@spawnofgod: So? Show scans of greater power than BRB!

The fact that she has been shown withstanding full powered attacks from planet busters and enough power to hurt them proves she can contend with brb.

If you don't show scans of greater power than BRB, for me you don't have any argument! Just biased words!

Contend??? shouldn't you show scans to show that she can win?

You asked for scans of her taking planet buster attacks. You know how I prove that? because i quoted you. you said that and i responded. NOW youre asking me for more scans without even as much as acknowledging that you were wrong about her not taking those attacks, and you never even thanked me for proving the scans you asked for.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By UberHulk

@spawnofgod: You have not proved SHE can take planetary attacks. No one disputes she can block attacks with her bracelet. The point, which you miss, is she cannot block wide attacks and she cannot block lightning, lightning does not travel is a straight like, it cracks and that's why she was hurt by a jobber like Blue Ice. As for your hypocrisy :

"The instant HE DIES, I will be free. My wrath will be unstoppable and I will destroy all the gods."

Which you claimed was a planetary attack. It wasn't. Don't accuse others of not reading scans when you fail to do it yourself then don't even have the decency to admitting to making a mistake. Do it again and you'll get flagged for spite.

@agent41

The source wall is not above planetary. Do I really need to post scans proving it? Metron tanked the destruction of the source wall. The source wall cause no greater damage than the merger of Apokolips and New Genesis. You have failed to prove either Zeus or Ares are planet busters. Ares clearly states he's toying with her. We know she tanked attacks from them, that doesn't make them planet busters. Smashing a planet makes them planet busters. Why do you keep making this claim :

She tanked a blast from a being with the power to destroy and restart creation in one move.

When he states on panel :

"The instant HE DIES, I will be free. My wrath will be unstoppable and I will destroy all the gods."

Your claim has been disproved.

And post references so we can check the context.

SpawnOfGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk said:

@spawnofgod: You have not proved SHE can take planetary attacks. No one disputes she can block attacks with her bracelet. The point, which you miss, is she cannot block wide attacks and she cannot block lightning, lightning does not travel is a straight like, it cracks and that's why she was hurt by a jobber like Blue Ice. As for your hypocrisy :

Which you claimed was a planetary attack. It wasn't. Don't accuse others of not reading scans when you fail to do it yourself then don't even have the decency to admitting to making a mistake.

i didnt say i would say her skin could take the planetary blows. I said she can and has taken the planetary attacks. and then scans were shown to prove it.

he wont have time to use lightning since shes so fast. she'll take the fight right to him.

You dont read scans. I know that. Ive already been told you are quite infamous for that.