#51 Posted by DarthManhunter (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

The fanboy in me says Beta Ray Bill. With the versatility of his powers and possible BFR. His striking power is not to be underestimated. But Wonder Woman is the same her striking power is bar none. And can easily shake up Bill. Im not sure of all of her feats as far as the lasso in pre new 52. So I cannot in full honesty comment about the lasso. I do feel it will be quite the challenge for him to land those power hammer strikes against her speed. She is durable enough to soak a few of them. But too many blows from Bill could be her undoing. I vote Bill for the slight majority 6/10

#52 Posted by Jacthripper (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_sophie: out of how many times? Hundreds if not thousands, she has like a 2% speedblitz ratio, non lethal

#53 Posted by bladewolf (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

If this was New 52 Wonder Woman, I'd lean to her (since she's god of War). However, I think Beta Ray Bill could defeat Pre-New 52 Wonder Woman; it'd be close, but I think he'd come out on top 6/10 times thanks to his skills and magical hammer.

#54 Posted by serrure (5896 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: lol look at my first couple posts I covered a speed blitz also

#55 Posted by RisingBean (9805 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting is still broken.

#56 Posted by RybackStun93 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

The major question in comparison between Wonder Woman and Beta Ray Bill is: Can Wonder Woman hold her own and not get punked by Superman? (Pre-New52 obviously)

If she can, then this is a much closer fight than people may think. If not, then BRB takes this without breaking a sweat.

BRB is part of the Annihilators, a group of superpowered individuals who are all Alpha level, however, everyone in the group except Ronan and Ikon are Alpha+ which means one of Superman's anagrams in the Marvel Universe (Gladiator) is stronger than just about any other hero/villain out there with a few exceptions.

Being that BRB and Gladiator are similar strengths/power levels this comparison allows us to state that BRB and Superman are similar as well.

Can WW hold her own against Superman?

I'm voting too close to call because honestly, even if WW can't hold her own against Big Blue, she has some impressive feats to call her own and neither party would hold back in a fight.

Avatar image for ocareyinfluence
#57 Posted by ocareyinfluence (19 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an awesome match up and can honestly go either way.

I just hope BRB gets the respect he deserves and isn't dismissed as a second tier character with a glass jaw that people won't vote for because he isn't as well known.

The man beat Thor WITHOUT a hammer and proved worthy of holding it. He also cracked Galactus face and is one of the few beings able to do so. He is a major powerhouse in the Marvel U. Even in the Planet Hulk animated movie he had Hulk on the ropes and only lost because of a distraction. Than he just got up after that and helped Hulk when he could have tried for a rematch.

Whoever wins tho it would be an awesome fight.

#58 Edited by k4tzm4n (41743 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean said:

Voting is still broken.

There's already 280+ votes. Have you tried using a different browser or refreshing?

#59 Posted by RybackStun93 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@risingbean said:

Voting is still broken.

There's already 280+ votes. Have you tried using a different browser or refreshing?

Had the same issue, refreshing worked for me.

And I 100% agree that this is an awesome match-up. Probably one of the best CV has done since I've been paying attention to these battles :D

#60 Edited by micah007123 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill for the majority. That dude beat Thor without his hammer. Not to mention he survived planet cracking blows from Thor and even gave a few of his own back. Aaaaaaaand let's not forget he caused Galactus pain, and defeated several Heralds in combat. One of which he struck so hard the planet they were fighting on exploded.

#61 Posted by slade_wilson (776 posts) - - Show Bio

BETA RAY BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

#62 Posted by Batking200 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Brb

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#63 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@risingbean said:

Voting is still broken.

Sounds like the k4tzman is making excuses, tsk tsk, for shame.

#64 Posted by RisingBean (9805 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@risingbean said:

Voting is still broken.

Yeah. I'm getting percentages after the first attempt on both Chrome and Explorer, but it doesn't tell me who I voted for as is usually the case. If that is new, maybe it's working.

@k4tzm4n said:

@risingbean said:

Voting is still broken.

Had the same issue, refreshing worked for me.

And I 100% agree that this is an awesome match-up. Probably one of the best CV has done since I've been paying attention to these battles :D

I won't disagree on your take of this fight. K4tzm4n has a ton of good stuff in the archives. I'd go take a look if I were you.

#65 Posted by Namor_Curry (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill is just more deadly. It's obvious the combat scenario was set up to try to leverage things in Diana's favor, but I'm still siding with Bill.

#67 Posted by tensor (8505 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman .

Her reflex skills and fighting ability is one of the best.Combine that with her speed and her atom cutting sword and her unbreakable Lasso.This battle could end very quickly.

BRB would not want this battle to be at close range at all.

Her skills in fighting up close is better than anything BRB has done

Plus he would not have the room to throw the hammer or cast a spell if she is up in his face.

She also have her bracelet to deflect his energy attacks.

BRB best chance of winning is to keep his distance.

Use the hammer wisely from distance and try to BFR.

In the end,I would give it to WW since Bill is not the type of character to keep his distance in a fight.

This mistake would cost him greatly.

#68 Posted by Owie (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm currently undecided. Wonder Woman should be more skilled by a decent margin, and skill means a lot in a melee fight. Batman, someone who would know, has said that WW is the best melee fighter in the world, and that's backed up by a fair number of feats. She knows how to, and does, use her skill in combination with her strength and speed.

On the other hand BRB was originally chosen from all his people specifically because he was one of his people's greatest warriors. Still, I don't feel that he shows skill feats on the same league that WW does.

WW is not going to speed blitz right off the bat, but she could well do so once she gets a sense of how formidable Bill is. And even starting late may be enough. On a pure H2H fight I feel like she would have a solid enough advantage.

I'd be curious to see any scans that show WW's ability to take damage from impacts on Bill's level--some of her fights against Superman, etc.--beyond the most famous ones.

Bill has two advantages here. One, he has a melee weapon, and WW doesn't have her sword, just her lasso. So any damage she deals out is going to have to be just through her fists or through limbs breaks etc., whereas he can do quite a bit of direct damage with the hammer. Her only equal response here is lassoing Bill up, which is certainly possible.

Second, Bill has energy attacks though the hammer, and can also do quite a bit to make the overall physical context way more difficult for Diana--making hurricane storm winds and lightning strikes and perhaps flooding rain. This is a pretty big advantage that she can't really counter easily.

So I feel like Diana's options for a win come through speed and skill, along with possible lasso use, and BRB's possible wins come though surviving her attacks long enough to get in some serious impact damage through the hammer, while raining down energy and wind attacks. It could go either way and I'm going to wait to see more scans of WW against other heavy hitters (assuming someone eventually posts some) before making up my mind. More BRB fights could help too.

Here's a thread on WW's skill, good stuff on both pages.

#69 Posted by serrure (5896 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: i posted a link to a CaV where i am using BRB against Green Scar Hulk! its got allot of his feats and fights there

#70 Posted by kingofwhales (61 posts) - - Show Bio

A pissed off Beta Ray wins.

#71 Edited by Doctor_Mummy (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I'd like to think they'd just be friends. Maybe drink some mead, tell some funny stories. That'd be great.

#72 Posted by MrShway88 (721 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't vote. I seem to be having technical difficulties.

#73 Edited by Experio (18215 posts) - - Show Bio

@sammo21: Beta Ray bill defeated Donald blake rather than Thor, he knocked him out after Thor reverted to his human form due to being away from Mjolnir to long. Their second fight ended in a stalemate, Bill was later declared victor because of his quick awakening which was all down to the battlefield, heat seemingly revives him and they were surrounded by plenty of it.

Though I do think he has a good chance in winning this battle, Wonder woman's weapons are down to connect several times through the course of the battle, most likely at the start when she surprises him with her speed and skill. While Bill has shown the capability to withstand more crucial punishments and should be able to endure until he ups the level of his attacks to the point it overwhelms her. Bfr is an option but is also a strategy rarely/never used in character, especially against an opponent on the same level as him.

#74 Posted by Jacthripper (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

@serrure: I noticed, thank you for that.

#75 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Oh I just looked at the conditions again, and I thought it said "New 52" Wonder Woman when I read it earlier. The fact that it's Post Crisis WW puts her at a bit of a disadvantage. I hope in future fights we get her New 52 feats.

Contrary to your post, the fact that it's Pre New 52 Wonder Woman puts her at far more of an advantage against Beta Ray Bill. New 52 Wonder Woman would go down in a few hits and she's nowhere near fast or skilled enough to compete with Bill. In contrast, Pre New 52 Wonder Woman has much better feats and showings.

Hence why I'm siding with Wonder Woman for the moment. Bill may have the physical edge but Diana holds the speed edge by a significant margin. The cited scans for Bill's speed lack some context because Bill only tagged a Surfer moving in a straight line. Regardless of his speed, Surfer was flying towards Bill and wanted to talk to him rather than fight or dodge his attacks. Had that happened, there's no guarantee Bill could have tagged Surfer.

He has a few speed feats here and there but not consistent enough to use in combat nor enough times for him to be able to consistently tag Wonder Woman. In contrast, she outclasses him in speed to speedblitz Bill down. And she has the gear to block his energy/lightning attacks and the lasso to incapacitate him. Those are more compelling advantages than what Bill has.

#76 Edited by Frisky4 (9216 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor said:

Wonder Woman .

Her reflex skills and fighting ability is one of the best.Combine that with her speed and her atom cutting sword and her unbreakable Lasso.This battle could end very quickly.

BRB would not want this battle to be at close range at all.

Her skills in fighting up close is better than anything BRB has done

Plus he would not have the room to throw the hammer or cast a spell if she is up in his face.

She also have her bracelet to deflect his energy attacks.

BRB best chance of winning is to keep his distance.

Use the hammer wisely from distance and try to BFR.

In the end,I would give it to WW since Bill is not the type of character to keep his distance in a fight.

This mistake would cost him greatly.

Basically this.

#77 Edited by MICKEY-MOUSE (36855 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not saying, but I'm just saying...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#78 Edited by Leafx (75 posts) - - Show Bio

powers of an actual god>powers of a demigod

this is why I am going with Bill. Wonder woman is tough but frankly I think this fight is above her weight class. I've never bought into the whole "Wonderwoman is as strong as superman" argument and I never will. She's very tough and skillful but hey, so is Bill, bill alone would have been a good fight without stormbreaker since hes the supersoldier of a dying race but with the hammer that gives him comparable powers to thor, ability to shoot lightning everywhere, planet annihilating strength, and more give Bill the edge he needs to win this one.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#79 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9086 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't vote as usual. But I'd go with BRB for a majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d568743bdb8
#80 Posted by deactivated-57d568743bdb8 (469 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm rooting for my boy beta ray bill

#81 Posted by GHoST2130 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Beta Ray Bill beats pre-new 52 Wonder Woman. Stormbreaker gives him a huge advantage, as a weapon it is nigh-unbreakable and capable of destroying almost anything. Stormbreaker also gives Beta Ray Bill energy projection and weather control abilities that at least rival Thor's, capable of instantaneously creating incredibly powerful storms, create and project immense bolts of lightning, and create and control hurricane force winds, in addition to the ability to travel at speeds fast enough to keep up with the Silver Surfer's. In terms of strength, I think he is and equal to Wonder Woman, but he is, at the very least, comparable and therefore enough to hurt Wonder Woman, you do not need to be equal in strength or stronger in order to harm someone in a fight especially one where weapons are involved. Beta Ray Bill's Durability borders on obscene, he has taken planet destruction blasts and survived the core of a sun without ill effect. Now the big question is the issue of speed and I think it needs to be looked at in a different way. Yes, Wonder Woman is faster than Beta Ray Bill, however, Beta Ray Bill has enhanced senses and reflexes the question is not if Beta Ray Bill can physically keep up, the question is can Beta Ray Bill follow Wonder Woman's movements well enough to counter attack and/or guard sufficiently to avoid significant damage, and I believe he can, especially considering his durability and his energy projection abilities. I mean, I do not think it is incredibly one sided, it is still a close fight, however, I do not think Wonder Woman's speed advantage is enough to remove the significant advantage of Stormbreaker's abilities.

#82 Posted by Rainja (646 posts) - - Show Bio

I think beta Ray bill is arguably stronger than Wonder Woman and I believe he is more powerful however, I also believe Wonder Woman is much more skilled.I say, it can go either way.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
#83 Posted by BeaconofStrength (12489 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm obviously gonna side with Thorse. I'll definitely give a reason to why he wins, if no one else does.

Great battle, K4tz.

#84 Edited by Havenless (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

@leafx:

Calling Beta Ray Bill or Thor a god and Woman a demigod is complete semantics. What does god even mean in comics? Thor is killable, he's not even omnipotent, omniscient, or well above 'demigods'. In fact, there have been many mortals who straight out-class him. Are they gods now too?

Those words mean little in this fight.

#85 Posted by generator2000 (1501 posts) - - Show Bio

I give in to Beta Ray Bill because of his more diverse power set.

#86 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (4085 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Edited by Saint_Sophie (7263 posts) - - Show Bio

Imo, I feel Wondy will win because well for starters her bracelets (that I've never seen been broken) should be able to deflect/she can tank most of the lightning he throws and the storms he makes should be nothing to her. She can make her own lightning as well and has a nearly unbreakable lasso and a tiara capable of decapitating gods.

You could say that BRB has is stronger and more durable than WW, but arguably, I'd say Wonder Woman has better reflexes and is faster than Bill. Also as mentioned, Bill's best bet is to keep distance, but with Wonder Woman's speed combined with her weaponry, I don't think she'll leave him with much choice. Once Wondy gets within close quarters, BRB probably won't have time to throw or use the hammer while he's being punched in the face. I also believe she is the superior H2H fighter which will probably be one of the deciding factors when H2H combat becomes inevitable.

#88 Posted by Sy8000 (35508 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman should take a majority. Bill has a considerable edge in strength and durability sure, but diana has a far wider speed advantage(bill doesn't have any enhanced speed whatsoever countrary to popular belief). Her speeds been enough to lasso up flash when he forgot how to slow down, block rapid Fire heat vision from superman while blind(and supermans heat vision has outpaced himself in movement speed), drag a martian into space before any of the league noticed she was gone, Tag zoom moving at FTL speeds while blind and tie up amazo before he could finish a word. Even if you do accept bills limited and out of context speed frats, Diana has a massive advantage in that category.

Diana's gear also gives her an edge. The aegis can block pretty much anything bill throws at her and using them defensively is entirely ln character for diana. She's blocked attacks from a being powerful enough to one shot superman. Bills by breaking them. Wide attacks aren't a problem either. She's blocked wide energy blasts from the quantum zealot. Lassoing up bill wouldn't be very hard, and if a bloodlusted superman couldn't break out of Diana's lasso neither is bill. I see bill getting lasso incapped for a majority.

#89 Posted by drunkenpunk (158 posts) - - Show Bio

The Horse.

#90 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

Sara Jessica Parker

#91 Edited by KEROGA (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Beta Ray Bill's dependency to his hammer, might be his weakness. Could give Wonder Woman a focal point to attack. idk

#92 Edited by Saint_Sophie (7263 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness said:

Sara Jessica Parker

Why not just say BRB? I mean the only thing they have in common is the fact that they both have a hor..

Oh I see what you did there..

#93 Posted by Eisenfauste (17366 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#94 Posted by Frozen (21133 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

Bill is stronger and more durable; in addition to being more versatile in capability but Wonder Woman's in his strength league and has the damage soak to soak his assault. She is much faster in both perception and combat speed so she'll be landing the more hits - with reaction speed capable of blocking Bill's energy projectile attack, she'll use her speed to tie him up with lasso.

#95 Posted by TheMagicStik (2552 posts) - - Show Bio

So like most top tier Superhero fights Beta Ray Bill vs Wonder Woman will come down to a few deciding factors, the ability to deal damage, durability, and speed. In my opinion Wonder Woman meets all the requirements to beat down Beta Ray Bill pretty handily.

As far as speed is concerned Wonder Woman has feats in abundance. Confirmed by the good lord Batman, Wonder Woman's reflexes and fighting capabilities give her the speed edge over even Superman who has upward of three nanosecond reaction time feats. Besides Superman, Wonder Woman has taken on and disabled various Flash, Zoom, and Cheetah incarnations and even at one point caught Jesse Quick running into the speedforce which requires you to be moving at least lightspeed to enter. Perhaps Wonder Woman's most impressive display of reflexes and speed was when Shattered God summoned projectiles from across the universe and she blocked all of them.

The ability to hurt another super powerful being either require the combination of a ton of strength and striking force or some sort of magical enhancement, unfortunately for Beta Ray Bill, Wonder Woman has both. Throughout the years Wonder Woman has contested with countless Super powerful beings in pure strength alone being portrayed as only slightly weaker than Superman but sometimes being stronger than the likes of Supergirl. Wonder Woman has lifted enormous bridges and mountain sized rock's but the two most significant strength feats from Wonder Woman are lifting the Spectre who was said to be as heavy as all of eternity and moving Earth. Although both of Wonder Woman's best strength feats are done with the help of two others, lifting a third of the planet or a third of eternity remains a most amazing feat. As far as striking she has beaten the heck out of Shazam, Powergirl, and countless other people with planetary levels of durability. Combine Wonder Woman's strength, speed, and power with her magical gear, her Tiara which was capable of slitting a blood lusted Superman's throat, her bracers that are basically invincible, and the lasso that has disabled countless opponents, then you are left with very few people capable of resisting Wonder Woman's might.

If somehow Beta Ray Bill is able to tag Wonder Woman and bypass her bracers deflective capabilities, Wonder Woman's durability is not something to be laughed at. Wonder Woman has taken hits from crazed and bloodlusted super fast and powerful heroes like Flash, Zoom, and even Superman. Superman thinking Wonder Woman was Doomsday hit her from the Sun to the Earth and she proceeded to get up and continue fighting. So I think it's safe to say Wonder Woman can at least take a couple hits from Beta Ray and continue fighting.

Beta Ray Bill certainly has a degree of speed and he has Stormbreaker but he will have major troubles even hurting Wonder Woman a single time as her reflexes would let her dodge basically any attack and her bracers would let her block basically any projectile Bill could throw at her. Bill is durable but Wonder Woman's Tiara can cut Superman and she has the strength to back up her speed. I just don't see Beta Ray Bill taking this unless Wonder Woman is too cocky and lets Bill hit her but I don't see that happening. Wonder Woman 9/10

#96 Posted by ZhuRong (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

Strength: She withstood the force of a black hole and pulled Martian Manhunter out of it (A black hole is strong enough to suck in planets). Broke a GL's construct with her lasso (later on the same GL contained a planet explosion).

Speed: Catching Jesse Quick in the speed force (which requires you to be moving at light speed or more). Blitzing Amazo before he could finish a sentence and a White Martian before Flash's eyes.

Reflexes: Blocking trillion of shards from every corner of the universe moving at light speed. Effortlessly dodged hits from Powergirl. Tagging Flash on multiple occasions (one of which while blindfolded) and catching Zoom in her lasso.

Skills/Combat: Giving Superman a run for his money in most encounters and kicked him through a mountain. Stalemated Captain Marvel in War of the Gods. Held her own against Batman and Black Canary in sparring matches. Nearly killed Mongul before Supes prevented her from doing so.

Durability: She has the obvious vulnerability to sharp objects. She has tanked a imp from Zoom and hits from a bloodlusted Superman. She is able to tank and trade blows with many of DC's strongest powerhouses. She punched through a nuclear missile and was unaffected by the explosion. She tanked the combine power of every god of the Greek Pantheon and Darkseid's omega beams with her bracelets.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
#97 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (4316 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I won't take Batman's words seriously considering how meaningless his opinion is in that particular situation. If Clark was to move his body to the best of his abilities Bruce wouldn't even realize Clark moved. Now, he claims to be able to discern, evaluate and compare the movement speed of two individuals that can both move faster than the speed of light. It just doesn't make much sense.

#98 Edited by jashro44 (53197 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I won't take Batman's words seriously considering how meaningless his opinion is in that particular situation. If Clark was to move his body to the best of his abilities Bruce wouldn't even realize Clark moved. Now, he claims to be able to discern, evaluate and compare the movement speed of two individuals that can both move faster than the speed of light. It just doesn't make much sense.

According to the scans wonder woman says Clark has the advantage in raw speed and the reason she responds quicker is due to her muscle memory and training. So she can't move faster but due to her training she is responds quicker. Basically:

• Physical movement=superman
  • Reflexes=Superman
  • conscious reactions=superman (but wonder woman doesn't react consciously due to her muscle memory)

Thats how I interpret it. But I agree with what you said, batman isn't the best gauge.

#99 Edited by Mr_Warrior (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy Ray is a tough opponent and all that, but Wonder Woman is part of the Trinity and one of the most powerful heroes of the DC Universe and I don't think that a second rate wannabe Thor could defeat her.

#100 Posted by Tommiec21 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderwoman has Moved at Speedforce Level Speeds, has Tanked, Blocked, and Deflected Planet Bursting attacks and has "Wrekted" Gods alone lol. Beta puts up one hell of a fight. But Wondy Beats him in one of the best 4 issue crossover comics ever.