Battle Of The Week: Wolverine VS Black Panther

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Battle Of The Week: Wolverine VS Black Panther (172 votes)

Wolverine 49%
Black Panther 44%
Too Close To Call 7%
No Caption Provided

For this weeks battle of the week we have Black Panther VS Wolverine! Which one of these two will come out on top? You decide!

Also this weeks battle of the week was decided by @giliad_

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side).
  • Wolverine is his standard version with his healing factor and adamantium (This is not old man Logan)
  • Black Panther has his vibranium suit from Priests run, energy daggers, and anti-metal claws
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

• 
HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question...do Black Panther's anti metal claws cut through Adamantium?

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By blackpantherisb

BP

StarDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StarDance

Didn't this actually happen in the comics and BP won? Even if it was just a brief scuffle I'm sure T'Challa clowned him

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't this actually happen in the comics and BP won? Even if it was just a brief scuffle I'm sure T'Challa clowned him

They have fought but they have never had a conclusive fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A better question would of been does Panther still use his antimetal claws

I don't think there is anyway of knowing if the claws black panther has in his suit are currently anti-metal. Which is why I specified gear.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again:

@jashro44 said:

They have fought but they have never had a conclusive fight.

@jashro44: Bruh...

No Caption Provided

I enjoy watching you suffer.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stardance: Twice. Well, there was context both times, but Logan was outsped in each IIRC.

Edit: I think it's enough to cement T'Challa's speed advantage but not his overall victory.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@warlockmage said:

@jashro44: Bruh...

No Caption Provided

I enjoy watching you suffer.

yeah cuz you know the arguments on both sides are gonna give me a stroke....

No Caption Provided

gonna have me like.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiiiiiiiit, this is going to be a good one.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage: Has anyone checked on Willem Dafoe to see if he's actually okay?

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@heroup2112: Considering that anti-metal vibranium (like the one in Black Panther's claws) has affected primary adamantium, yes, they can.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: how powerful are the energy daggers? Do they disrupt your nervous system? Just cause pain?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty said:

@jashro44: how powerful are the energy daggers? Do they disrupt your nervous system? Just cause pain?

They have different settings. They can be set to stun or they can set to kill. On there highest setting they can cut through metal as if it were "government cheese".

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In b4 lock.

samconery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flakeking: yeah nice try, this is made by an admin

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T'Challa might win this only because of anti-metal claws.

samconery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The vibranium suit protects from wolverine claws and the anti metal claws decapitated wolvie

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

@flakeking: The mod created this thread. And it will not be locked because this is Battle of the Week, not regular battle forum discussion thread.

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Oh I see. But it still doesn't make sense. What if it gets reported?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

@flakeking: What do you mean reported? It is a common thing to have Battles of the Week that have the exact same match up as already existing threads do. BOTW are there for people to have a nice debate between two evenly matched characters for the whole week until it gets locked at the end of the week.

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Oh ok. I didnt know that's how battle of the week works.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight seems to be sort of set up for BP to be at a disadvantage..Why I don't know?

The creator is this thread seems to be leaving BP w/o much of his gear. So I'll have to be honest & say Wolverine eventually wins here. He'll start to edge out over Tchalla eventually getting in some good swipes before Tchalla can take him out.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By slimj87d

@jashro44: I don't think it's fair to give BP Anti-metal unless if you give wolverine Knowledge that BP has Anti-metal for sure.

That way Wolverine be more cautious and BP has a way to negate his weapons.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sovereign91001

I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but I've always felt in a random encounter Logan should take a slight majority over Panther.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Thanks for the Tag again.

I almost chose Too Close to Call, because of how well trained both combatants are. However, I went with Black Panther mainly due to his vibranium suit able to absorb much of Wolverine's attack and possibly withstand the puncture force of Logan's claws. Not to mention that T'Challa has weapons that can harm Wolverine badly. I also believe T'Challa has many more martial arts under his belt, despite Wolverine's age and experience, making Black Panther the better fighter in terms of technique and tactics.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

oh my god!!!!!!

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• Interesting.. And Atleast from what i remeber Tchlla usually gets the upper hand on Logan when ever the tussle.
  • And going off that, id back Tchalla for this one...He seems to have a agility advantage against Logan...But then again how smart was Logan playing it in their encounters?..It seemed like he was going all flurries...Id wager Logan playing it smart and taking full advantage of his elite h2h skills would fare alot better against Tchalla.
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Man this should be a good fight. Logan and T'Challa are the heavyweights of the street level bracket so any fight between them would be close. Might get a little toasty in the comments though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@jashro44: I don't think it's fair to give BP Anti-metal unless if you give wolverine Knowledge that BP has Anti-metal for sure.

That way Wolverine be more cautious and BP has a way to negate his weapons.

Yea I can let wolverine know about T'challas gear here.

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I think this battle would be a lot funner if it is assumed they do not know each other to make it a true random encounter. is that the case?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nima_ said:

@jashro44: I think this battle would be a lot funner if it is assumed they do not know each other to make it a true random encounter. is that the case?

To me a random encounter just means no prep.

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: i know it does but words can have multiple meanings in different context because this fight won't be that interesting since they know each other's strengths, weaknesses, style, etc. Which is why I asked for specification in my interpretation.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With wolverine having knowledge on BP's gear, he'll be more cautious and fight smarter.

This fight is too close to call for me.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nima_ said:

@jashro44: i know it does but words can have multiple meanings in different context because this fight won't be that interesting since they know each other's strengths, weaknesses, style, etc. Which is why I asked for specification in my interpretation.

No. Wolverine and black panther have meant before so they know each other here.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 higherpower  Moderator

Been done before and BP stomps

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done before and BP stomps

lol @jashro44 this is what i was talking about... gonna give a seizure with these piss poor arguments

No Caption Provided

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#43  Edited By stormshadow_x

Lot of marvel battle of the weeks lately lol.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage: Well maybe try making an argument why this fight is to close to call (assuming that is your stance).

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#45 owie  Moderator

I actually don't think this fight is going to have much to do with gear. His vibranium suit can be cut. Vibranium is primarily for absorbing energy, especially kinetic energy. And while T'Challa could go for melting Wolverine's claws, that would honestly be a pretty dangerous and challenging move, he'd be a lot better off actually trying to beat him directly. Think how hard it would be to slash at Logan's quickly-moving claws, at the end of his extremities, claws that can't be gripped while trying to melt them. There are easier things to do.

Black Panther's hardest challenge is Logan's healing factor. They're probably pretty close in physical stats. Maybe Logan is stronger and Panther is faster. I would personally argue that Panther out-skills Wolverine by a reasonable degree. I know Wolverine's skill background, but I'm not one of those who holds him to be in the top 10 of skill even when he uses it--maybe more like top 25. And he doesn't always use it. But Wolverine's claws are obviously dangerous as hell, and his healing factor will let him take a lot of damage before going down. Meanwhile I'd put T'Challa in the top 3 or so of popular Marvel characters, for pure skill. His claws and daggers won't put Wolverine down for the count in a few strikes, but they will cause solid wounds.

If I was Wolverine, his best chance is fighting to kill and maim--something I don't think he'd normally do against Panther. He needs to really put Panther down quickly with his claws.

If I was Panther, I'd selectively target Logan's eyes and important tendons with claws and daggers, trying to incapacitate him temporarily until he gets the chance to incapacitate him more permanently with some holds or locks.

Both of those strategies have a lot of pitfalls.

I want Panther to win, out of greater respect for his skill and tactics, but I think it may be Wolverine due to healing factor. I'll hold out a while on a final vote.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 owie  Moderator
TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with wolverine

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HigorM  Moderator

@owie said:

Here's the first fight between them, from the original Contest of Champions, for what it's worth.

There's also these other two instances they faced each other even if for a brief moment:

Not sure about the full context of the first pic.. maybe @jashro44 can explain to us..

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: the first One Logan had just lost his healing factor and his fighting style wasn't 100% it was like a 4-5 page fight where T'challa even says this

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HigorM  Moderator