Posted by SirFizzWhizz (30705 posts) 5 days, 3 hours ago

Poll: Battle of the Week: Vulture vs Angel (34 votes)

The Vulture 35%
Angel (Not Archangel) 53%
Too close to call 6%

No Caption Provided

This Weeks battle is a high flying match between the two best flyers we know. Spider Man's villain the Vulture vs the feathery wing X-Men mutant hero Angel. Who will win?

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

#1 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

Now let's see some arguments from the Spider Man fans and X Men fans. Both own by Sony heheheh

#2 Posted by MisterWhisper (5135 posts) - - Show Bio

Now let's see some arguments from the Spider Man fans and X Men fans. Both own by Sony heheheh

Xmen is owned by Fox, not Sony.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#3 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (13943 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: questions first:

- is this Pre or Post Dark Angel Saga Angel?

#4 Posted by MErulezall (2735 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by mrmonster (3952 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulture

#6 Posted by Warlockmage (5598 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel is far better when it comes to aerial combat... and Vulture is pretty inconsistent at times.

I gotta side with Angel for a majority

#7 Posted by Sovereign91001 (7440 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for major_hellstorm
#8 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (5443 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember Vulture giving Spidey a tough fight and beating Kraven so he wins.

#9 Posted by Nima_ (1761 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Major_Hellstorm (5443 posts) - - Show Bio

@nima_: The original Spidey run, Kraven was weaing Vulture's spare costume and they fought in the air where Vulture schooled him. Can't remember the issue number but it happened.

#11 Edited by lubub55 (7146 posts) - - Show Bio

I was expecting a different Angel.

#12 Posted by Nima_ (1761 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (5443 posts) - - Show Bio

@nima_: Tha also fought in ASM #49 but Kraven held the advantage till Spidey stepped in.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#14 Edited by HeirToTheKingdom (8718 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel has been visibly more impressive to me.

#15 Posted by monkey_d_joe (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel wins

In the air, his body is made for that environment

Has superior physicals and tactics.

I am guessing he can't turn into archangel which would make this into a bloody stomp

#16 Posted by Warlockmage (5598 posts) - - Show Bio

for everyone saying Vulture can hang with Spidey i submit to you

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Black Cat stomping the hell out of him... embarrassingly so btw.

and just about everyone and there brother has given Spidey a good fight (especially in the classic days). Punisher and Daredevil have given Spider-Man "good fights." simply being able to hang with Spidey isnt enough. especially when you also have feats like getting beaten by Black Cat

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#17 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

If only comic vulture was as consistently badass as his movie micheal keeton version..........too bad, Warren wins

#18 Posted by Nima_ (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@nima_: Tha also fought in ASM #49 but Kraven held the advantage till Spidey stepped in.

So what you originally said never happened?

Anyway, Angel should win comfortably.

#19 Edited by Major_Hellstorm (5443 posts) - - Show Bio

@nima_: What? When did I say that. Kraven lost to Vulture I just can't remember the issue.

#20 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (30705 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Pipxeroth (6587 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming this is pre-blinded Vulture, he should win thanks to his gravity manipulation. I haven't seen any physical feats from Angel that put him anywhere close to Vulture honestly, who has been able to easily toss water towers and bloody Spider-Man in a few hits. Even if Warren is a better flyer and more skilled, I don't see it being enough to overcome the gap in strength.

@warlockmage: Black Cat has also beat Lizard, so what? Vulture has far more impressive feats than Felicia

#22 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (8328 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel

#24 Posted by Eternal_Knight (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: Black Cat has luck powers to help her out. That's why she is able to hang with many people that fairly outclass her.

#25 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal_knight said:

@warlockmage: Black Cat has luck powers to help her out. That's why she is able to hang with many people that fairly outclass her.

No Caption Provided

Mentioning Black Cat beating Vulture is pretty piss poor reasoning for the following reasons. Luck base characters and what their fights amount to.

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

=

No Caption Provided

Lucky bear does not give a **** about how powerful you are.

#26 Posted by Eternal_Knight (326 posts) - - Show Bio

For this battle of the week match up we have one of Spider-Man's oldest foes facing off one of the very first members of the X-Men. If you look at it, it seems that these charathers have a similar power-set since they both have wings and well,they can fly. But Vulture is much more versatile and dangerous than most people give him credit.

For starters, he is more than just a old man flying in a green suit. He is is a expert tactician being able to utilize the environment to gain the upper hand in a fight and developing several strategies to ambush Spider-Man ( Some of which were actually successful ), haves prowess in his flight as he was able to dodge strikes from super-human individuals to elite squads chasing him, gifted intelligence enabled him to create his own technology and some of his gear and don't even get me started on his physicals which I am certain to say that outclasses Warren's attributes by a long margin.

Adrian Toomes flying harness/ Vulture suit grants him super-human strength able to dent metal, break solid concrete with no effort and send helicopters from the air to the ground. He also haves maneuverability,speed,reflexes that enabled him to keep up and sometimes, even surprise the likes of Spider-Man,Bullseye and Daredevil. He is also crazy durable as he was taking solid hits from a serious Spidey, no-selling gun-shots and even remained consious after speeding his head through a hard solid concrete.

That's not even mentioning his gear. Aside from wings and claws, currently he processes a gravity manipulation enhancing his physical capabilities even more.

So even if Warren is better in the flight and skill department, Vulture would still win due to the physical gap that exists between them. Vulture also haves better gear and is more experienced then Angel, which are advantages that count in this match.

In the end of the day, Vulture wins 7/10.

#27 Posted by monkey_d_joe (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Angek

#28 Posted by Eternal_Knight (326 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by jt_gh (972 posts) - - Show Bio

@nima_: What? When did I say that. Kraven lost to Vulture I just can't remember the issue.

You said he took the spare outfit and fought Vulture in the air. Now idk if that was Kraven or Alexei offhand, but lets assume for the moment it was Kraven...how does that feat make Vulture a winner against Angel? Kraven is not a flyer, never has been, and took a spare outfit of Vulture's to fight him on what essentially mounts to his home turf...the sky. Of course Vulture should win that fight. But a guy with no aerial fighting experience to speak of (that I can remember) who gets beaten by a guy with tons of it doesn't translate over to that flying guy suddenly beating another guy who does have tons of aerial fighting experience...just because he beat the guy who didn't.

#30 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (5443 posts) - - Show Bio

@jt_gh: It is a better feats than what people haveshwon for Angel in this thread.

#32 Edited by Nathaniel_Adam (3429 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal_knight: Great points. Just to further strengthen my opinion on the fight. Angel wasn't physically imposing nor generally dangerous or powerful. Vulture wins.

#33 Posted by MErulezall (2735 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by monkey_d_joe (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulture is never gonna catch or touch angel

He dodges lasers and sentinels with ease and he can remain his top speed doing so.

It was an early iron man armor (silver age possibly golden age) but angel ran rings around iron man and was strong enough to hurt him with his punches and blunt objects

He's fast and nimble enough to maneuver indoors as well and dodge point blank projectiles.

So he's more than strong enough to bring the pain to vulture, who can never lay a hand on Angel.

#36 Posted by GIliad_ (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU Vulture was so, so awesome

#39 Posted by del_torro (1758 posts) - - Show Bio

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VkkceeU5E1w/Vnt3bU5J5YI/AAAAAAAAVZI/BfYga3h8rqw/s1600-Ic42/RCO017.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F9rkulf6D2k/Vnt3buwVImI/AAAAAAAAVZI/xU2MCo8je2Q/s1600-Ic42/RCO018.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DJDFO-kzxPo/Vnt3b1-URFI/AAAAAAAAVZI/d9BQW-Wr5kI/s1600-Ic42/RCO019.jpg

#40 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok.