Battle of the Week VOTING: Deathstroke vs. Boba Fett

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week VOTING: Deathstroke vs. Boba Fett (402 votes)

Boba Fett 44%
Deathstroke 48%
Too close to call 8%

Boba Fett has earned his reputation as one of the galaxy's most feared bounty hunters. He's stood up to Darth Vader and faced many other kinds of threats, but does this high tech character have what it takes to bring down our latest Character of the Month?

Yes, we all know Boba Fett is basically useless in the movies. He looks cool and then he gets demolished by a blind Han Solo. How can that stand up to Slade Wilson, right? Well, we're not using just movie Fett! In this battle, we're taking into account all of the bounty hunter's showings in the expanded universe, as well. If you're going to vote, please take those into consideration. Now, whether that'll be enough to bring down the mercenary from DC has yet to be determined, but you can play a part in picking the outcome! Go read the rules -- they give important details like where they're fighting and what not -- and then cast your vote when you've made up your mind.

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
  • Boba Fett has all of his standard gear. No vehicles, obviously.
  • This is pre-52 Deathstroke and he also has his standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Keep your eyes on the homepage for more Deathstroke goodness! We'll have his Best Covers posted this Friday, too. Want to suggest a future match for Slade Wilson? Tell us below or suggest it via twitter.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@i_like_swords: im worried that because Deathstroke is more popular he will win this... even though i see Boba Fett wining this due to his extremely advanced weaponry and greater speed

Welp, you'll need to get your debating shoes on then won't you.

@i_like_swords: I was told he pretty much wins no matter what

Nah. He absolutely has his limits just like any other character.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@i_like_swords: problem is all my books with Boba in them are not in my possession (im about to go loan shark getting his money back on my friends) but i do have bits and pieces i remember.

for example during the time when Jacen was all bad and evil looking Boba was the leader of the Mandalorians (did some really cool stuff if i only had my books)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Would Fett's jetpack count as a vehicle? Because he loses a lot of mobility without it.

No, it's part of his standard gear.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dimitridkatsis: considering he's killed jedi and taken down multiple assassin droids, im sure he can out dodge slade.

Considering what I already said I'm not considering what you're considering

said:

Get real people, Pre 52 Deathstroke gets the better of various superhumans with different super powers, there's no way Fett is keeping his distance.

said:

In that setting Fett has to get close in alleys abandoned buildings etc. he just can't win here.Dodging sabers by (featless?) jedis? Try avoiding superman or Flash. How much damage those blasters gonna do suppose he gets hit? He took a full blast by Starfire and beat her.

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SilverGalford

i think deathstroke takes this.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: ok..... fett's armor is gonna protect him from most anything slade can throw at him. and buildings and alleys ways aren't going to limit fett's movements.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@k4tzm4n: That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification.

Avatar image for doctor_malekith
Doctor_Malekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm giving this one to Boba. He has the advantage of flight, laser weapons, and Mandalorian armor. Normal bullets can't compare to lasers, or pierce Boba's armor. Slade would have to use his sword, but Boba has the jetpack, which he could use to fly away and shoot from a distance. Finally, Slade doesn't have Nth Metal armor, so lasers could eventually be able to kill him.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fett matched Darth freaking Vader in a lightsaber match. 'Nuff said.

Yeah and DS matched WonderWoman in a fist fight

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts please, get in this thread.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Wolverine008

Sans I_Like_Swords argument, I haven't seen people present much in depth information as to why Boba should be winning like he is in the poll.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 k4tzm4n  Moderator
dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: ok..... fett's armor is gonna protect him from most anything slade can throw at him. and buildings and alleys ways aren't going to limit fett's movements.

You think? Seriously even if his armor is as much he would get lured in close quarters and Slade would get all over him ripping it apart.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By nerdchore

@dimitridkatsis: I'm not saying fett stomps. just saying fett is very versatile like slade and being around buildings is not something he is unfamiliar with. fett is an esteemed bounty hunter. its unlikely that he would get lured into a trap.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

this needs to be a deathbattle.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@jashro44 said:

It really doesn't matter if the expanded universe is canon or not, the OP says its allowed so its allowed. This really isn't up for debate.

I found a meme that very accurately describes how much I care, but it featured a bad word so I wont post it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooh, votes are even now. I think it is fair to say that there are countless scenarios where either guy can win. I'm just more of the mind that Fett will be able to utilise his superior weaponry, range and flight to keep Slade at bay and wear him down. And while it's a double edged sword in that Slade can win in close quarters, there's nothing stopping Boba from blasting him in the face with a flamethrower which is packing enough velocity to snap a steel chain, or activate a sonic emitter powerful enough to short out electronics and momentarily incapacitate a Jedi. He could even try to slap a whipcord around Slade's arms or legs, or activate his jetpack missile. He has so much versatility in his gear that it becomes a monumental task for Slade to get near him, and even if he does duck or dodge whatever Fett sends his way, Fett will be well out of range with his jetpack by then. And well, let's just say for arguments sake that Slade does get within swords range. How long is it going to take him to injure Fett, who is wearing armor that can stand up to multiple lightsaber strikes? Slade takes a stab at Boba's neck and it rattles off. Then what? Back to square one.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: I'm not saying fett stomps. just saying fett is very versatile like slade and being around buildings is not something he is unfamiliar with. fett is an esteemed bounty hunter. its unlikely that he would get lured into a trap.

A lot of people losing to DS were top of the game and thought they had the upper hand some of them bounty hunters and assassins. Chesshire comes to mind not in a similar setting but just to show Slade playing hurt/possum to get his way is something he does. He could take a good shot and show it worse than it is act he's running scared to get Fett in position.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 owie  Moderator

I like that you included all these scans, it's a nice display of his standard set of weapons.

This is a tough battle to decide. The long starting distance not only gives them more of a chance to use distance weapons, but for both of them to apply tactics more complex than just rushing at each other...and both are pretty good at tactics, obviously. Going to think on this one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: I like that you included all these scans, it's a nice display of his standard set of weapons.

Yup. It basically sums up what the Fetts are all about in one short fight scene.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 owie  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

It really doesn't matter if the expanded universe is canon or not, the OP says its allowed so its allowed. This really isn't up for debate.

I found a meme that very accurately describes how much I care, but it featured a bad word so I wont post it.

Calling the EU fanfiction is just dumb. It's sanctioned by the guy who invented it. It's like saying that all Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, X-Men, etc. comics written after Stan Lee were fanfiction, because the original creator didn't write them.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@owie said:

Calling the EU fanfiction is just dumb. It's sanctioned by the guy who invented it. It's like saying that all Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, X-Men, etc. comics written after Stan Lee were fanfiction, because the original creator didn't write them.

No its like calling the movies part of the canon, which seems to be the gap EU fans have a hard time grasping.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore said:

A lot of people losing to DS were top of the game and thought they had the upper hand some of them bounty hunters and assassins. Chesshire comes to mind not in a similar setting but just to show Slade playing hurt/possum to get his way is something he does. He could take a good shot and show it worse than it is act he's running scared to get Fett in position.

Even then Fetts no fool, with the kind of beings he's faced he wouldn't have survived this long if he fell for the possum trick. he's also not very arrogant, and as you know he's an expert marksman and knows where his shots connect. so it will take more than someone faking an injury to catch him off guard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't pay Outside any mind in relation to Star Wars EU, respectfully. I've seen him a few times now branding it fan-fiction and electing to ignore any kind of reasonable argument for both it's validity and value within the Star Wars universe. He doesn't seem like he's changing his mind any time soon so, may as well leave him to it.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By dimitridkatsis
No Caption Provided

@micah he can tank a good shot

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: true. I think both could. This is a really good fight. Just bobas weapons and armor give him the edge.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore indeed it is a good fight I just give it to DS due to his better tactics and the setting helps.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By micah007123

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Impressive, But Fett is pretty durable too he tanked a direct missile shot and still continued his hunt.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords not that big a fan of Titans only read the Judas Contract where she was blasting through a robot/tanks army with ease

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By godzilla44

I think Slade can win, haven't voted yet because I could be swayed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: I see. Well at face value it seems like Slade should be durable enough to tank one projectile of Boba's directly, but the problem is.. he has lots. Wrist-rockets that can drop a robot the size of a sentinel/collapse building-sized stone structures, a blaster rifle that can vaporize someone into dust and destroy multiple vehicles, one hit each, a thermal detonator that can engulf an entire castle.. and even then Slade would be a lot worse off after tanking one, as seen in your scan, his armor's chest area is blown open and he appears to be pretty stunned.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@dimitridkatsis said:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Impressive, But Fett is pretty durable too he tanked a direct missile shot and still continued his hunt.

Impressive for the armor but Slade would've dodged, Starfire hit him from very close.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boba Fett, because he is the ultimate bounty hunter and he is from the future (and some how from the past) so he has weapons that Deathstroke has only seen in his dreams.

Avatar image for marvel_dc_heroes_villains
marvel_dc_heroes_villains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: If you don't consider the EU canon, that is fine and there is no need for you to change your mind. However, for all your talk of people not grasping your concept, you certainly are having a tough time getting your head around the battle threads. What OP says, goes, even if the pitch is something as ridiculous as, say, 'Batman vs a monster I just made up whose feats include eating an entire planet in one bite'. This OP states that EU feats are to be used, therefore your argument that they should not be belongs in an entirely different battle thread.

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

Ok, I love Fett, I love star wars; but there is no way he can take Deathstroke. I don't even like Deathstroke. I voted for Fett. So, I'm being honest when I think Deathstroke wins. This isn't a popularity contest; it is a battle.

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jstndmnd said:

Ok, I love Fett, I love star wars; but there is no way he can take Deathstroke. I don't even like Deathstroke. I voted for Fett. So, I'm being honest when I think Deathstroke wins. This isn't a popularity contest; it is a battle.

I would also say DS wins but could you explain why this is so one-sided?

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Gojira2014

@jashro44 said:

@amazingwebhead said:

This is non canon. Even in the expanded universe its still considered non canon.

To be fair currently that doesn't matter now as the EU is all Non Canon with only Disney approved events (Movies, Clone Wars, and newest novels) being canon. Everything else (all of Boba Fetts feats as of now) are not canon.

So if we allow all EU its a legit feat to bring up.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@amazingwebhead said:

This is non canon. Even in the expanded universe its still considered non canon.

To be fair currently that doesn't matter now as the EU is all Non Canon with only Disney approved events (Movies, Clone Wars, and newest novels) being canon. Everything else (all of Boba Fetts feats as of now) are not canon.

Pretty sure we are operating under the old expanded universe canon before Disney took over, but I guess @k4tzm4n should clarify to be safe. I believe boba fett lost that fight anyways and he shouldn't be capable of fighting vader anyways. Its like bringing up Slade fighting wonder woman or whatever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@amazingwebhead said:

No, you're wrong. There are basically three kinds of canon now. New Canon (the main universe which includes the movies, movie novels, tcw animation and any new EU from Son of Dathomir and onwards), Legends Canon (every single piece of EU pre-dating Son of Dathomir, which includes comics, novels, video games, source books, insiders and more), and then non-canon (as in, stuff that was removed from continuity completely even before the Disney Canon switch. Like this stuff is just completely scrubbed out of any type of official canon). Boba Fett dueling Darth Vader is non-canon, not even included in Legends canon.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#92  Edited By ccraft
No Caption Provided

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Oooh, votes are even now. I think it is fair to say that there are countless scenarios where either guy can win. I'm just more of the mind that Fett will be able to utilise his superior weaponry, range and flight to keep Slade at bay and wear him down. And while it's a double edged sword in that Slade can win in close quarters, there's nothing stopping Boba from blasting him in the face with a flamethrower which is packing enough velocity to snap a steel chain, or activate a sonic emitter powerful enough to short out electronics and momentarily incapacitate a Jedi. He could even try to slap a whipcord around Slade's arms or legs, or activate his jetpack missile. He has so much versatility in his gear that it becomes a monumental task for Slade to get near him, and even if he does duck or dodge whatever Fett sends his way, Fett will be well out of range with his jetpack by then. And well, let's just say for arguments sake that Slade does get within swords range. How long is it going to take him to injure Fett, who is wearing armor that can stand up to multiple lightsaber strikes? Slade takes a stab at Boba's neck and it rattles off. Then what? Back to square one.

This argument won my vote, Boba Fett.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I'm only familiar with the movie Boba Fett and although he looks awesome. He is fairly useless as a fighter. Deathstroke for me, no contest.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its dead even now....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only familiar with the movie Boba Fett and although he looks awesome. He is fairly useless as a fighter. Deathstroke for me, no contest.

Well to be fair, Slade lost to Batman in the Arkham Origins so he must be pretty useless too.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"we're not using just movie Fett! In this battle, we're taking into account all of the bounty hunter's showings in the expanded universe, as well." these exact words are in the rules, ignore movie Fett this is comic Fett.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Everyone who comes in contact with Batman at some point lol. I'll go with Boba. Lasers and jetpack ftw

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: It says as well so I can't ignore the movies. I don't know enough about Fett from outside of the movies so 99.9% of my view on him is from the movies.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Will I know more about Deathstroke than just that game.