Battle of the Week: Thor vs Black Adam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

emperorthanos-  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week: Thor vs Black Adam (161 votes)

Thor 48%
Black Adam 43%
Too close to call 9%
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear. Worthy Thor(Pre Original Sin), Post Crisis/Post Flashpoint Black Adam
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the votes aren't going how they should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads.

• 
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

this thread turned into a real cluster didn't it...

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#154  Edited By brucerogers

@sy8000: Challenger didnt stomp Hulk. All he did was BFR him to deep space and bloody him a bit, with one punch. Hulk was literally laughing all the way. The fight was only over because he had no way of going back.

Where did it say this Hulk was incapable of destroying the planet? We dont even see him attempt to do so.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By brucerogers

@takenstew22: No, the lack of oxygen only explains why Thor was out before the missile hit him. His injuries were due to the shockwaves.

Defalco's Thor had a lot of low ends tbh. If you want to read a powerful Thor, look up writers like Matt Fraction, Rick Remender and pre-2014 Jason Aaron.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 takenstew22  Moderator

Defalco's Thor had a lot of low ends tbh. If you want to read a powerful Thor, look up writers like Matt Fraction, Rick Remender and pre-2014 Jason Aaron.

Thx for the reminders.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By TheKinfing

It was clearly stated that the Champion couldn’t bust a planet during No Surrender, and he was clearly superior to Hulk.

No, Hulk isn’t a planet buster and will never be more than likely.

Avatar image for captainmarvel11
CaptainMarvel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By CaptainMarvel11

@thekinfing said:

It was clearly stated that the Champion couldn’t bust a planet during No Surrender, and he was clearly superior to Hulk.

No, Hulk isn’t a planet buster and will never be more than likely.

This shit again.... Clearly superior in what way? Because he BFR'd him into space?

Depends on which Hulk we are talking about. Well unless you can peer into the future that's impossible to know, Al Ewing himself has teased the possibility of seeing WBH in this run, so there is that.

Oh and i agree with you that as Immortal Hulk is right now, he isn't a planet buster he hasn't done anything that would justify that, what might happen in the future we will have to wait and see, the only real promise Al made is that things are gonna get bigger and crazier.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By brucerogers

@thekinfing: Clearly superior? All he did was give Hulk a mild nosebleed and BFR him, without knocking him out or even hurting him all that much. That was after Hulk was pounding him into the ground.

He arguably did worse against the powerhouses of the Avengers team too.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: Hulk also broke his nose according to the script.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel11: Yep. But apparently BFRing and mildly bloodying is a sign of superiority now.

CaptainMarvel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By CaptainMarvel11

@brucerogers: I dunno what happened today, neither HighAccuser nor Kinfing are this "silly" they are pretty level headed most of the time, so i dunno what the hell is this about "Challenger stomped Hulk and KO'd him" or "He is clearly superior", at least HA corrected himself. People are overblowing what happened, if Challenger had actually punched Hulk into space and Hulk yelled out in pain or got knocked out, or something like that, then yea i would actually agree that he straight up humbled him there, but all he did was punch him into space, Hulk laughed it off and that's it. The script even talks about how Hulk made him feel massive pain and even broke his nose. I dunno Bruce but it's pretty obvious to me the script just needed to remove Hulk from the equation at that point because unlike with the rest of the Avengers, Challenger had little chance of actually putting down IH, pretty sure the writers had this exact same train of thought as well.

Also how the hell did this thread become about Hulk? Who even mentioned Hulk here first?

hitchhiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In character if Black Adam Speed Blitzes Thor all out at the beginning he could possibly overwhelm him. Thor at his best is a beast and IMHO the top hero in marvel, the go to guy with only Surfer being his possible equal at his best. Majority Thor.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Thor-Parker

@blackpantherisb:

Thor's striking power is without doubt insane, but Adam is a massive massive tank. His blunt force durability allows him to tank attacks like these

A being channeling all of the power of an entire planet uses the gravitational pull of the world to casually smack Black Adam across the solar system and into another planet at MFTL speeds. Adam's collision with the other planet causes a country level explosion, and yet Adam returns without damage and continues to fight. Adam's opponent then gets pissed off and directly hits him a couple of times, yet Teth remains unharmed and gets up immediately.

Why do you assume he was hit throughout the entire solar system ? He may as well have landed on the nearest planet, still good feat though.

Reminds me of Thor getting bullrushed at MFTL speeds by Gorr and slammed into a planet and just shaking it off. As for the feat itself, he was struck two times where the dude treated Adam as a minor inconvenience, Thor has done no different taking the backhands of Surtur with no damage.

Anyway, Thor has casually struck debris into space with a laughably inferior hammer to the one he is using in this battle, Mjolnir.

No Caption Provided

Now Black Adam isn't debris, but with a much superior hammer and intent behind it, I'm sure he can replicate this, just like he did to a fellow asgardian or when Thor completely shatters Emma Frost´s diamond form when she was amped by 1/5 of the Phoenix Force, note that the strike sent the pieces into space.

I know she reconsituted after, but that's beyond the point.

Or he can just keep pressing his attacks against a disoriented BA and finish him with lightning, being hit a large distance doesn't mean that an attack that doesn't send you flying back won't be able to damage you.

I mean, I think Thor drawing blood from Mangog and making him scream with lightning is enough to suggest that Adam won't be standing after repeated strikes, you'll probably say he can dodge them, which he might, but he won't be able to dodge them after being hit by a lightning bolt, the kind that has damaged the likes of Hulk, he'll be dazed and that's when Thor will press with Mjolnir, kind of like this, a character with super speed as well, who funnily enough, uses it more constantly than Black Adam.

No Caption Provided

Or instead of Mjolnir, he can also go with more consecutive lightnings or energy blasts, which he has done so in the past, taking advantage of a disoriented enemy, namely the kind that have pushed back the Destroyer, and one shotted Thanosi while tearing the planet apart, feats I already brought up anyway, so I'll show you yet another demonstration of the power that Thor's lightning packs, as it was shown on "Avengers Vol. 3 #21" where he completely vaporizes an Ultron that had previously tanked a combined attack from all The Avengers.

No Caption Provided

Finally Synn gets really furious:

Finally Synn stops holding back and channels the full force of the entire planet, in this bloodlusted state he then repeatedly strikes Adam, yet even all of this wasn't enough to put him down. So essentially Black Adam tanked being hit across solar system at MFTL speeds, and then withstood a beating from the same guy who hit him across the solar system, except when he was using his full power instead of only a small portion of it. Even Thor will struggle to put down a being capable of enduring hits like these.

Channeling the full force of a planet might sound impressive, but it's something Iron Man did in his fight against Magneto and the latter replied by doing a similar thing, and that was not enough to put down either of the two, so even Iron Man can tank this level of attacks, nothing impressive tbh.

No Caption Provided

And Adam's energy durability is also off the charts:

52 #50 - World War III

In this instance a pissed off Alan Scott (who was likely going all out) blasts Black Adam for three pagesstraightand Adam consistently no sells this blast, he never even utters a murmur of pain. And keep in mind that Alan Scott has matched Gog's staff with his power (the same staff has the combined power of several teambusters and can oneshot kill KC Superman), given Mordu a hard time (the same Mordu who can casually obliterate planets), and Alan even managed to oneshot Obsidian with a planet busting+ blast. So utterly no selling him for three pages straight is pretty insane.

All right, now these seem like massive outliers, tanking attacks from a guy who one shots teambusters is beyond the capabilities of both combatants here, if it's outliers you want I can bring Thor taking blasts from the Celestials back in the day, or actually his most recent fight with them on The Avengers book where he tanked attacks from the most powerful Celestials to date, or his encounter against cosmic cube Thanos where he survived an explosion the size of a dozen planets, etc...

Thor can withstand attacks from Black Adam sure, but every hit that Teth lands will certainly do damage to the God of Thunder, he can fly through force fields designed to tank the dinosaur killing asteroid with outright ease:

And as far as I know that's the very best he has to offer, I don't see Thor going down after a bullrush like that, not when he's tanked beatings from the Destroyer, Mangog, being being slammed by Gorr at FTL speeds through space and into a planet or Silver Surfer bullrushing him into Mars, in which Norrin himself was more affected than the god of thunder.

No Caption Provided

Also, all that math about the feat was mostly due to the after-effects of the meteor, not the actual impact of it, and I'd say that bullrushing Galactus, pushing his head back, BREAKING his helmet and actually damaging him is way better than the asteroid feat.

No Caption Provided

Adam also has plenty of other feats, such as one-shotting Guy Gardner, John Stewart, and Powergirl with the shockwaves of his blows, two shotting MMH, drawing blood from SBP, and oneshotting Alan Scott with a casual side swipe. (I can provide scans and citations if you want.) All in all, whilst Thor is highly durable, I do believe that Adam can KO him in a realistic time frame with his blows.

And as far as I know, none of those guys are close to Thor's level of durability aside from MMH, which is why I find the feat very weird and inconsistent, I'm going to have to ask @krleavenger if there is anything fishy with that instance.

This I really disagree with, Adam is actually decently fast, granted not Superman/Flash level (i.e. not in the FTL combat speed range) but certainly massively hypersonic:

I never contended Black Adam being fast or not, but it seems to me that he is not very effective at using it and consistently never does, people keep bringing the ONE instance when he does, and when asked to provide more proof they simply ignore it.

Anyway, as much as many have a hard time grasping this, Thor is not slow and can react to faster opponents and their attacks, he has dodged Silver Surfer's energy blasts while having a troll smile on his face, or when Replicus fired a blast at Thor, and the latter blocked it by spinning mjolnir to create a shield, he not only placed mjolnir in front of the blasts, he made it spin so the wind would create a shield, that´s even faster than just blocking the blast.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

In the unlikely event he does get overwhelmed by speed, he can use AOE attacks to disorient Adam and press his attack right there, like he has done several times in the past and I've already shown, something no one has countered, they just mention speed so I brought up a counter even for that.

After a suicide bomber pull the trigger on his detonator Black Adam blitzes him hundreds-thousands of feet into the air and rips off his arm and throws the bomb a safe distance away, all before the signal from the detonator causes the bomb to explode. This becomes ridiculously impressive when you consider the fact that a detonator signal moves at supersonic speeds:

It consists of a small diameter, three-layer plastic tube coated on the innermost wall with a reactive explosive compound, which, when ignited, propagates a low energy signal, similar to a dust explosion. The reaction travels at approximately 6,500 ft/s (2,000 m/s) along the length of the tubing with minimal disturbance outside of the tube.

-https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detonator

No Caption Provided

So detonator signals move at 2,000 mps, which is roughly equivalent to Mach 6. Thor doesn't even have any Mach 6 combat speed feats, and Black Adam moves massively fasterthan Mach 6 as is clearly demonstrated in the feat I posted above.

That is........ not impressive in the slightest, it is merely a bullrush at Mach 6, that's flight/travel speed, not combat speed, Thor has had his fair share of enemies trying to bullrush him which Thor just proceeded to counter.

Countered a speedblitz from a bloodlusted Sentry during a Siege tie in, when Osborn´s Dark Avengers invaded Asgard.

No Caption Provided

Or yet another instance of a failed attempt at speedblitzing Thor which happened in Busiek´s very first story arc in "Avengers Vol. 3" when the Squadron Supreme was brainwashed and started attacking the Avengers, Hyperion went for Thor and tried to bullrush him, only for Thor to counter said bullrush.

No Caption Provided

Anyway, this tactic plays against you, because when it comes to bullrushing enemies, Thor actually does it pretty well and quite often, sometimes even at FTL, speeds he can accelerate to almost instantly, as shown when he saved Red Hulk from a black hole in "Hulk #26" by bullrushing into him.

Just so you know, you need to be at the very least travelling faster than light in order to escape a black hole according to different sources.

"Uncanny Avengers #17" where he bullrushed one of the Apocalypse Twins, namely Eimin.

Yet more examples of Thor using bullrushes in combat (right to left).

• 1: Bullrushes fodder to save inocents
  • 2-3: Bullrushes Galactus so fast that neither him nor Silver Surfer could react
  • 4: Bullrushes an alternate-timeline Galactus

So if bullrushes is the only thing Black Adam bring to the table, Thor can outperform him there, as shown by both the amount of times he's done that and the quality of the feats being more impressive.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@jashro44:

You don't need everything flat out stated but you should be able to provide some sort of explanation. You keep saying writers think of Teth as hulk but whats your proof?

Proof is, 99% of fights he participates in are with him engaging in CQC and either beating you up, tanking your attacks or ripping you apart. No dodges, no maneuvers, no high speed attacks and no strategies based on overwhelming an opponent with speed. Just occasional blitzes. Mostly against canon fodder at that, with no high speeds.

Even when he uses his speed, it is almost never a game changer (unless you count Hawkman issue).

How is this not PIS than?

The fact that they hurt him could be PIS. The fact that they tagged him is just Teth being himself.

What proof is there of Alan Scott being slow? He also has showings where he flies alongside Jay Garrick and converses with him. Logically that would also show operational speed as well. He was also able to intercept rubber balls that were thrown at high speeds by baroness blitzkrieg which had enough momentum behind them where she believed they would take out liberty bell. Are you saying he is slow because he doesn't have a lot of speed showings or has been danced around by street levelers?

If Alan does have low showings his speed seems more inconsistent rather than outright slow.

Not really because they had the same destination and had to fix the problem together. You don't expect Jay to suddenly move faster than his best friend can track him. When they actually fought, Jay blitzed him several times.

Sure, I can agree with that.

I'm not sure what your saying. Are you saying Teth isn't fast or he fights like a dumbass? You can be a speedster and not use your speed intelligently.

Teth is most certainly fast. He just does not fight at high speeds constantly.

Your not giving me issue numbers or scans. Your just restating your point.

It would be kinda unreasonable for me to list the majority of Teth's fights because that is how they are played out. Look at Geoff Johns JSA and Justice Society of America run. Or his fight with Superman from Action Comics. Or encounters from Infinite Crisis. Or most of his fights with Marvel Family.

I can't list them because I might as well create the respect thread. That is simply the majority of his fights. It would be more logical of me to ask you of instances when Teth blitzes constantly, dodges constantly and overwhelms his opponent completely. I actually have issue numbers of him fighting quickly. And scans. But again, they are occasional.

They might happen here. I never denied that. But they were never game changers unless his opponents are way way weaker than him. And they were never consistent for him to overwhelm an opponent who can match him.

There not always contextual. Superman and Flash have a higher volume of appearances which is why there are more instances to draw on them using there speed.

So do Green Lanterns. But most won't argue for them fighting constantly at high speeds.

He used his speed to blitz Alan Scott and Hawkman, disable hawkgirls wings, and than take powergirl down, gets blitzed by Jay but tags him, and than blitzes at hawkman.

Even instances like this show Black Adam using his speed. He doesn't need to fight like OWAW superman for his speed advantage to be prevalent. It was certainly a game changer in the scans I just posted. We may not know how fast black adam was moving in this instance but it does show him using his speed. He probably wasn't using his speed to the fullest since he talked about how he respects most of the JSA except power girl.

A trait that Black Adam seems to have shown in doing my research is he does at least meet the opening charge of heroes head on. But in both showings he also ends up using his speed later in the fight. I posted one showing in his fight with the JSA where he stood there and took there opening assault, and told them to come at him. The other instance was WW III but even during that he blitzed Big Barda, while hitting wonder girl out of the way and aiming her mega rod at guardian.

I can see him doing similar here. Where he takes Thor's opening attack head on but than uses his speed to ruthlessly attack Thor. Which seems to be what the trend as to how his character operates to me.

Yes, Hawkman Vol. 4 (I believe it's issue #24-25, not sure). That is one of those instances when he will use his speed. And that is, AGAIN, why I agree with the idea of him blitzing Thor a couple of times. But he does not fight like this

The only reason why that was so effective against JSA is because they are all weaklings compared to him. Here, he will deal with a character with greater power, better striking and arguably better durability than his own. Thor won't be taken down after one or two quick strikes. And since Teth does not press hard on his opponents with speed constantly throughout the fight, I see this engagement happening as a brawl, then Teth overwhelming Thor with few strikes, but it will eventually turn into CQC. Teth is, also, a guy who tanks attacks rather than dodging them.

I never denied the idea of Teth not blitzing Thor. I just don't see it as a game changer given that it only worked for him when he could take people down with one move. Every time he would face someone who can deal with his strength, he will simply engage in CQC. And while I don't want to go there, it should also be taken into consideration that there are instances of him using his speed, and it not being very effective. Mostly when his opponent can tank his strikes and strike back, which is the case here.

The other scan you posted showcases no speed. It can just be an afterimage of him flying.

@thor_parker82 Martian Manhunter is highly lackluster physically. Or, he is incredibly inconsistent. First he will stalemate Superman level characters. Then he will overpower Superman level characters. Then he will get stomped by Superman level characters. Sometimes he will regenerate from almost nothing, and sometimes he will get one shotted by attacks Superman barely feels. The guy lacks quantifiable feats and most of his physical performances are based off of scaling.

Scaling that is sketchy because it is super inconsistent. Writers don't know whether they want him to be stronger, as strong, or way weaker than Superman. Same goes for his durability. So he is not objectively on Thor's level. The only character who is is John Stewart, and I honestly have no idea what instance BPIB is referencing. Probably one from 52 or WWIII but I haven't read those in a while and I don't care enough to double check.

Guy Gardner and Power Girl are not as nearly as impressive as Thor, but they are solid feats nonetheless. Alan Scott however, just sucks. His powers became 100% plot related ever since he became Sentinel of Starheart. He goes from fighting 5th Dimensional Imps, to getting one shotted by street levelers. Either way, Teth does not strike me as a guy who can just run around, one shotting John Stewart. But I don't care either way.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By WollfMyth209

@krleavenger: Martian Manhunter is highly lackluster physically. Or, he is incredibly inconsistent. First he will stalemate Superman level characters. Then he will overpower Superman level characters. Then he will get stomped by Superman level characters. Sometimes he will regenerate from almost nothing, and sometimes he will get one shotted by attacks Superman barely feels. The guy lacks quantifiable feats and most of his physical performances are based off of scaling.

Scaling that is sketchy because it is super inconsistent. Writers don't know whether they want him to be stronger, as strong, or way weaker than Superman. Same goes for his durability

Not to derail the topic, but MMH's most consistent portrayal is Superman+ level stats, with the additional haxx. His durability is the only thing that is consistently sub-Supes, but I think that's made up for by his regenerative abilities and healing factor.

Not that I put much stock in MMH vs Black Adam anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing said:

apparently shaking a planet (Yes even a planet with 19 billion inhabitants, that doesn't change anything) is city level.

What this has to do with Sentry's feat? Inb4 you mention Tsar bomba circling Earth 3 times, it was detonated in Atmosphere and only caused 5.0 magnitude seismic waves. In stark contrast , Sentry punched Thor on the ground which was felt by every inhabitant.

This is Continent level if not above.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

On the subject of Hulk, and also the subject of planet level feats, Immortal Hulk is incapable of planet busting. He needed help from Challenger to destroy Earth. He was also stomped by Challenger who is likewise incapable of destroying Earth according to that very story. Hulk still cracked Thor's skull in what was potentially a one-shot.

So I don't think planet level feats are the end all be all.

Worth noting that in an interview, Aaron said that current Thor is weakened

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: Challenger didnt stomp Hulk. All he did was BFR him to deep space and bloody him a bit, with one punch. Hulk was literally laughing all the way. The fight was only over because he had no way of going back.

Where did it say this Hulk was incapable of destroying the planet? We dont even see him attempt to do so.

Honestly I just see him laughing as he passes out. The Avengers had ample opportunity to return him to Earth if he was conscious.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccb24fd614fc
deactivated-5ccb24fd614fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:
@brucerogers said:

Honestly I just see him laughing as he passes out. The Avengers had ample opportunity to return him to Earth if he was conscious.

The funny thing is that Hulk was just outside the cosmic game room, they could even hear his laughter and yet two pages later they said a Hulk wasn't available to them and hence Sunspot was needed to hold the wheel.

I mean its totally in nature of this hulk to flee from a fight.

But sure, Hulk was just fine and dandy. He is also conspicuously absent from next two iss ues. Maybe Hulk just fell asleep in space.

AzazeL9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By AzazeL9

@sy8000 said:
@brucerogers said:

That's a pretty silly conclusion to reach, he just passed out for no reason after laughing from the punch? It's even more sillier because the writer hinted a few months ago that it may not even be possible to KO this Hulk. And no i am not exaggerating, you can kind of see it in the comics too with that doctor guy saying his hypothalamus being destroyed and him still healing and then having half his head blown off and him still being unphased by it. He was asked about it on twitter if it was possible he said we will find our answers from Immortal Hulk 15-18, he never mentioned he got KO'd in No Surrender.

The more obvious reason for the Avengers not returning him is, 1) he just tried to kill them he is unpredictable, 2) the writers wanted to get rid of him in some way so that they could focus on other Avengers. Even if Hulk was unconscious they really wouldn't know that nor would that be a reason enough to not go and teleport him, in fact all the more reason to do so since an unconscious person is in more danger what if he transformed into Banner and died there?(they didn't really know if he was immortal or not).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azazel9: So many excuses when Avengers straight up said that Hulk wasn't available for them despite just being in vicinity to him.

Hulk was done for in one punch lol.

AzazeL9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superfan90: How would they know he was KO'd there in space when all they heard was him laughing? There is zero proof he got KO'd and it's a silly conclusion to even reach considering the writer basically dismisses the thing and is even hinting at the possibility of Hulk not being able to be KO'd.

Yea he laughed his ass off, now imagine if he was done after a whistle?

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#176  Edited By higherpower

@aqualion0 said:
@thekinfing said:

apparently shaking a planet (Yes even a planet with 19 billion inhabitants, that doesn't change anything) is city level.

What this has to do with Sentry's feat? Inb4 you mention Tsar bomba circling Earth 3 times, it was detonated in Atmosphere and only caused 5.0 magnitude seismic waves. In stark contrast , Sentry punched Thor on the ground which was felt by every inhabitant.

This is Continent level if not above.

Bro what? How does this make any sense?

I don't have a horse in this race as far as who wins, but your logic is just... amazing. The scan specifically stated that the impact of Sentry's punch was felt around the world. The Tsar Bomb released shock-waves that could be physically detected on it's third passage of the planet. Keep in mind that shock-waves carry drastically less force than the explosion itself, and the actual bomb was 50 mt (mountain level).

How would releasing shock-waves that were felt around the planet 3 times over as an airblast not be more impressive than an occurrence on the ground? Why would Sentry's punch taking place on the ground all of a sudden make the blow continent level when something that's 50 megatons did the same thing but to a much greater extent?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azazel9: Because they were right alongside where Hulk was taking a nap in one punch.

Damn, Challenger made Guy Gardner out of Hulk in one punch and he can't even destroy a planet.

Hulk is consistently mediocre.

Azazel6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superfan90: Where is it shown that Hulk was unconscious? And what if they are alongside him?

Damn Batman KO'd Superman with a whistle and he couldn't even knock down a tree lol.

Superman is inconsistent and at the same time consistently filled with low showings.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: He wasn't knocked out though. The last we see of him, he is floating in space and still laughing to himself. The impact from the punch just made him laugh harder.

They couldnt or didnt bring him back because they had more pressing matters to attend to and there was no time. If they did, they would have at least brought him back to their base, unconcious or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higherpower:

Firstly , released shockwaves of Tsar bomba were able to circle Earth due to Atmospheric focusing and place where it was detonated. Humans couldn't feel it physically across world. Secondly , Sentry didn't create any shockwaves. It was direct impact of his punch which was felt by every inhabitant. Keep in mind that humans (assuming this alien species didn't have enhanced senses) can't detect seismic events all around world unless they're around magnitude 7-8+ in Richter scale.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azazel9 said:

That's a pretty silly conclusion to reach, he just passed out for no reason after laughing from the punch? It's even more sillier because the writer hinted a few months ago that it may not even be possible to KO this Hulk. And no i am not exaggerating, you can kind of see it in the comics too with that doctor guy saying his hypothalamus being destroyed and him still healing and then having half his head blown off and him still being unphased by it. He was asked about it on twitter if it was possible he said we will find our answers from Immortal Hulk 15-18, he never mentioned he got KO'd in No Surrender.

The more obvious reason for the Avengers not returning him is, 1) he just tried to kill them he is unpredictable, 2) the writers wanted to get rid of him in some way so that they could focus on other Avengers. Even if Hulk was unconscious they really wouldn't know that nor would that be a reason enough to not go and teleport him, in fact all the more reason to do so since an unconscious person is in more danger what if he transformed into Banner and died there?(they didn't really know if he was immortal or not).

He was laughing because he managed to hurt Challenger and anger him, effectively succeeding at giving him the middle finger. He wasn't laughing because the punch was puny as you're suggesting.

I'll be honest this scan shuts down any debate as far as I'm concerned.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e
deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higherpower: Once again, the Tsar Bomb being “felt” around the world is bullshit, it was only ever detected by hyper sensitive seismometers essentially because of an analogue “glitch”.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superfan90: Hulk was knocked pretty far in space and the Avengers had a planet destroying machine to stop post haste. There was no time to go and fetch him. If they could, they would have at least brought him back to the planet, knocked out or not. But they don't.

Laughing like a maniac and still cackling when floating in space is the opposite of being knocked out.

So tell me Motifian, is there a point to your reply?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azazel6: In the two issues where he was absent despite Avengers needing him.

Challenger fodderized hulk and couldn't destroy a planet.

Hulk is just mediocre.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: Hulk was just besides the cosmic game room and they even heard his laughter.

Two pages later they straight up said Hulk isn't available to them, not that they couldn't fetch him. It's all there kiddo, nothing needs to be made up like you do.

I mean its totally in nature of this hulk to flee from a fight.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: He wasn't knocked out though. The last we see of him, he is floating in space and still laughing to himself. The impact from the punch just made him laugh harder.

They couldnt or didnt bring him back because they had more pressing matters to attend to and there was no time. If they did, they would have at least brought him back to their base, unconcious or not.

He was laughing at managing to stick it to Challenger temporarily.

Voyager can teleport and Sunspot taking off his inhibitor was clearly a last resort. Bringing him back to the base would've been incredibly easy. He was literally right in front of the station they were in.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By higherpower

@aqualion0:

Firstly , released shockwaves of Tsar bomba were able to circle Earth due to Atmospheric focusing and place where it was I

The seismic shock from the explosion was detectable even on it's third passage around the world. The 1883 explosion of Krakatoa also affected the whole world and it's explosion power is pegged at 200 mt. Additionally, Atmospheric focusing doesn't diminish the power in any way, neither does the location where it was detonated. Atmospheric focusing is an occurrence that automatically takes place when a large shock-wave is released on the planet. And as a matter of fact, you're going to have to explain why location would diminish the result, since as far as I'm concerned, shaking the ground while aerial is demonstrably more impressive than shaking the ground while being in contact with the ground. Here is some info to get your facts straight:

A shock wave was observed in the air at Dikson settlement 700 kilometres (430 mi) away; windowpanes were partially broken to distances of 900 kilometres (560 mi). Atmospheric focusing caused blast damage at even greater distances, breaking windows in Norway and Finland. The seismic shock created by the detonation was measurable even on its third passage around the Earth. Its seismic body wave magnitude was about 5 to 5.25. The energy yield was around 8.1 on the Richter scale but, since the bomb was detonated in air rather than underground, most of the energy was not converted to seismic waves.

https://www.techeblog.com/5-fascinating-things-about-tsar-bomba-the-most-powerful-nuclear-weapon-ever-detonated/

That blow is still absolutely nowhere near continent level if the only evidence for that is the impact being detectable across the whole planet.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think Thor can recreate the Shazam lightning bolt? I think that's something comic writers would come up with

Azazel6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Azazel6

@sy8000: He was laughing because he managed to hurt Challenger and anger him, effectively succeeding at giving him the middle finger. He wasn't laughing because the punch was puny as you're suggesting.

It's actually a combination of all those things, if he was hurt badly enough he wouldn't laugh hysterically about it. The punch clearly wasn't puny if it made his face bleed but it clearly did not even knock him out as nothing actually shows that.

I'll be honest this scan shuts down any debate as far as I'm concerned.

What does that scan do other than say, we are out of Hulks? That somehow confirms Hulk was KO'd? How do they know he was KO'd in the first place? Why would they leave Bruce stranded to die in space if he was KO'd? How do you make all this massive reaches when the most obvious reason they didn't go after him was because the writers moved on to other characters. It's like in NRH another Avengers comic written by these guys, during one issue Nyx claws Hulk at his back,

No Caption Provided

it doesn't really do much of anything other than draw blood but it obviously doesn't KO him, except we dont see Hulk for the rest of the issue instead we focus on the rest of the Avengers, so the conclusion is that scratch on the back took out Hulk right?

Honestly dude, this seems like a massive reach.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 takenstew22  Moderator

Hulk is cool but can we please not go off-topic?

Azazel6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superfan90: Yea because he was stranded in space and it wasn't even clear if he was willing to help the Avengers at that point.

By fodderized you mean made him laugh with his punch?

Rogol couldn't destroy a planet and he almost killed Superman, hell Batman couldn't bring down a tree on his own but he KO'd Superman lol.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By higherpower

@darkhoudini said:

@higherpower: Once again, the Tsar Bomb being “felt” around the world is bullshit, it was only ever detected by hyper sensitive seismometers essentially because of an analogue “glitch”.

Source? Evidence?

And how sensitive does something have to be to detect an explosion that registered an 8.1 on the richter scale, despite the majority of its force being diffused into the atmosphere due to being detonated midair as opposed to underground?

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By brucerogers

@superfan90: Hulk was just besides the cosmic game room and they even heard his laughter. Two pages later they straight up said Hulk isn't available to them, not that they couldn't fetch him.

They heard his laughter as he was flung into space and when he did get there, he was too far away for them to reach him on time. Besides, none of them had any way of even knowing Hulk state in space without physically being present there or taking measures to check up on him somehow. Guess what, they did neither. They running short of a Hulk just means he was away in space. Not knocked out. Especially not when he laughed off the punch.

I cannot tell if you are making a joke or an argument, but you're failing miserably at both, Motifian.

It's all there kiddo, nothing needs to be made up like you do.

Very ironic coming from a guy who is so desperate to defend his boy in blue's honor that he keeps coming back on alts. Don't worry, I'm sure 50th time is the charm.

Superfan90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azazel6: Uh-huh, Voyager can teleport across time and space but just outside the game room was too much distance. What an excuse.

No, just fodderized hulk with one punch.

Well Superman can destroy a planet. Hulk and Challenger can't. Game, set, match.

Azazel6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superfan90: Yea and why would she leave Banner to die in space if he was KO'd?

You mean fodderize him with a whistle?

Superman can destroy it after decades of trying, Grey Hulk can destroy one twice as big as Earth with 1 hit lol, you are dismissed.

Superfan90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: He was so far away while floating that they could hear his laughter. No sir, that's not an excuse. Not at all.

It's not like your excuses kid where you pull it off your backside. Hulk was oneshotted, wasn't available two pages later and didn't return for two issues straight. Clear cut ko.

Superfan90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azazel6: Because Hulk didn't revert to Banner as it was still night.

Just fodderized hulk like nothing. Couldn't even destroy a planet.

Superman destroyed it in one leap. Hulk and Challenger can't, straight up.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: The 'why' is immaterial. Fact of the matter is, he could laugh because he was mostly unaffacted by the impact, apart from the nosebleed.

But they don't bring him back, do they? You honestly think they would have left him stranded in space either way? More importantly, they had no way of knowing his state in space and anything they say is pure conjecture on their part. Basically, none of this adds up if you want to go the KOed route.

It's clear as day -- Hulk gets batted into space and his teammates are unable to reach him at the moment. He wasnt KOed or anything.

Azazel6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superfan90: How do they all know that? Why would they leave a stranded Hulk in space?

Got one-shot by a street level character that can't even take down trees.

Grey Hulk destroyed in one hit, Superman took decades, try again.

Superfan90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: Ha, as if your conjectures about why Voyager who can teleport across time and space can't bring back Hulk when they specifically stated Hulk wasn't available to them are fact.

Hulk was koed, simple as that. For two issues straight.