Battle of the Week: Superman vs Sinestro
Alright, we who discuss Battle of the Weeks finally decided it was time Superman got his debut. So who did we decide on? GOKU? Wait, whats that mods? We cannot do that!? Dammit. This is hard then. Superman deserves a Battle of the Week, he never had one yet. Its hard to find a decent match up for him though. Most Marvel characters are either too hax, or too slow. DC characters either stomp or get stomp. Manga characters be cool, but some people on this site despise Manga, not to mention the whole DBZ ban thing. What ever shall we do? Well there is much discussion with the veteran debaters and HOFs, and here is the match we decided on. Who better to fight he Man of Steel in his first battle, than a rapidly popular new comer who been turning heads in the comic world with his absurd Superman like abilities. No, not Invincible. Mark would stomp haha. This is the first ever debut of the Plutonian! Nah kidding, we tried that, twice and it seems still way to hard to find a decent match for Superman. So we are resorting to a DC character, a being who regularly gives Green lantern of any kind utter hell. Sinestro himself. This is the final and last time to try a first ever Superman match, so hopefully third time is the charm.
This match will last to Saturday, and when the dust settle, we will see who is left standing. Debate on Comicvine.
- Combatants are in character.
- This is New 52/Post Crisis Superman vs New 52/Post Crisis Sinestro, no Parralax.
- This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
- They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
- Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
- Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
- Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.
Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads.