Battle of the week: Spider-man & Miles Morales vs Wolverine & Daken

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by jashro44 (54798 posts) 1 year, 7 months ago

Poll: Battle of the week: Spider-man & Miles Morales vs Wolverine & Daken (53 votes)

Spiders 57%
Wolverine's 42%
Too close to call 2%
No Caption Provided

For this weeks battle of the week we decided a two on two fight between Spider-Man & Miles Morales versus Wolverine & Daken! Which side will come out on top? You decide!

Rules

• This is current spider-man meaning no armor and just regular web shooters and webbing.
  • Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#1 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it to the Wolverines. Also....

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#3 Edited by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine's

#4 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom Sting Bitches!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#5 Posted by Green_Tea (10680 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken turns Miles gay and team 2 wins.

#6 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16608 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles is a weak link, but Peter is the most powerful here, so I think it could go either way.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#7 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles is a weak link, but Peter is the most powerful here, so I think it could go either way.

This, I think Peter can win it for team one though.

#9 Posted by morpheus_ (35071 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter generally has issues against Logan and it's unlikely he'll try to fight blind against Daken again, or that Akihiro will be as cocky this time. My knowledge of Miles is way too generic to see how he might factor into this.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#10 Posted by blackspidey2099 (7037 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Spiders should take this handily. Peter himself could probably win against both Logan and Daken (via web incapacitation) if he was taking the fight seriously, so adding Miles for back-up really tilts this in the Spider-Team's favor. Especially considering those new venom blast web powers that Miles has unveiled in the last couple issues.

#11 Posted by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

I side with the Spiders.

#12 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiders

#13 Posted by DatStupidGuy (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiders

#14 Posted by Warlockmage (9476 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by WollfMyth209 (17473 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken seduces them. :)

But seriously: I'd honestly back Wolverine and Daken.

#16 Posted by ArtThief (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Miles and Peter wrap em up with their webbing? I don't know about Miles' new webbing though.

No Caption Provided

#17 Posted by pastepotpete1 (3516 posts) - - Show Bio

spiders take it .. but , i dont think that spiderman could take out all of wolverines rogues but its just spiderman is just horrible horrible match up for wolverine unless you take away web shooters , bfr , and spider sense

#18 Edited by Zevet (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Open city environment gives Peter and Miles tremendous advantage in mobility. They are capable of isolating either Wolverine or Daken from each other to defeat those one by one. For example, using webbing to pull Daken, who is of lighter weight, on a roof of a building. They are smart enough not to jump into claws but slow down the opponent with webbing and then, together, use speed and spider-sense to knock him down. Then return to deal with Wolverine.

The main problem in this match for Spider-Men is Daken's pheromone power. Still, I'm confident that Peter is creative enough to figure out a solution to that, given that they get the whole city to swing around.

#19 Posted by RabumAlal (5407 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 easy.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#20 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Owie (7247 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll think about this more, but in addition to his new energy webs, Miles also has his omnidirectional "mega venom blast" that could potentially temporarily take out both Wolverine and Daken at once, then let Pete come in to web them up pretty while Miles recuperates.

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (43482 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan's tanked electric type attacks, but Peter previously beat Daken by slamming him into an electric box or something, so I think the venom sting could potentially be hell on him. On the other hand, Daken took a nasty bolt from Thor that fried him but he was still conscious. I think while in a straight forward the Wolverines would edge out the spiders due to experience, skill and abilities, but with a city setting and greater mobility with Pete being MVP, I'd see them edging it out via incap of Logan and KO of Daken for maybe 6-7/10. The animals will be tough as hell but I think the advantages towards the Spiders is too great.

Moderator Online
#24 Posted by Owie (7247 posts) - - Show Bio

These are the three examples of Mile's "mega venom blast" that I could think of off the top of my head.

Miles, held in a special cage by Ultimate Dr. Doom, blows it up and does pretty decent damage.

No Caption Provided

Miles, tied to a chair, blows up his restraints but Black Cat and Hammerhead, who were pretty close, basically seem fine.

No Caption Provided

Miles, tied on a rope along with Peter after being caught by Taskmaster, blows up their restraints. Peter, who was back to back with him, seems relatively fine after.

No Caption Provided

So actually having gone back, I am a little less impressed with the mage venom blast than I was on first impression of these scenes. It seems to be more flash than damage, maybe because it's spread out over a wider space? It also seems to do more environmental damage than damage to people. Thoughts?

#26 Posted by Owie (7247 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really strangely unsure how I feel about this. My standard feeling used to be that Spider-man ought to toast Wolverine due to his extra speed and webs and spider-sense. But lately I have been feeling that Logan's skill really should make a difference. Miles's venom touch won't have as much of an effect here as with other characters, since Wolverine and Daken should be able to either tank it or at least recover from it fairly quickly. Miles's camouflage won't work due to Logan and Daken's smell and hearing. And as I was showing above, Miles's "mega venom blast" may not be as good as I remembered, especially given their healing.

There was a good point made above about the Spiders' mobility, that they could use the environment to their advantage and while L&D are more stuck on the ground. I think this makes sense. However another point is that L&D can go to ground and use stealth to keep themselves less obvious until the moment of attack, even if Pete & Miles are warned by spider-sense at the actual moment of attack.

#27 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

People seem to forget Miles can web incap to and has tag Old Man Logan fine in a fight with webbing.

#28 Posted by jashro44 (54798 posts) - - Show Bio

People seem to forget Miles can web incap to and has tag Old Man Logan fine in a fight with webbing.

Did he actually incap old man Logan? I thought that fight was inconclusive?

#29 Edited by k4tzm4n (41772 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Did he actually incap old man Logan? I thought that fight was inconclusive?

When did they fight?

#30 Posted by jashro44 (54798 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I can't remember the issue right now. I remember seeing scans a while ago. IIRC Miles had the advantage but I don't think it concluded properly. I could be remembering incorrectly.

#31 Edited by Warlockmage (9476 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@k4tzm4n: I can't remember the issue right now. I remember seeing scans a while ago. IIRC Miles had the advantage but I don't think it concluded properly. I could be remembering incorrectly.

actually OML had literally no trouble breaking out of his webbing at all @sirfizzwhizz is being blatantly fallacious with his claims

in Old Man Logan #19

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#32 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#33 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Animal solidly

#34 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: @jashro44: Miles tags Logan's feet and temporary incaps him as scans show. Logan was pinned in place till cutting out with Miles talking to him for a decent spout, not attacking further, before Logan cuts out. I thibk the fact miles has web incap and has tag Logan is a argument.

@warlockmage: I never said OML was incap. Only that Miles tag him.only that Miles can and has Web Incap others. That is what I said. Stop spreading fallacies.

#35 Edited by Lvenger (36344 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by jay_z94 (8440 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by jay_z94 (8440 posts) - - Show Bio

OT: Spiders should win due to web incap.

#38 Posted by Lvenger (36344 posts) - - Show Bio

Another advantage for the Wolverines in this fight is that Spidey won't choose to fight blind because Miles is with him as well and Peter can be very protective of Miles when they're working together. Whereas Daken can ultimately be left by Logan to fight his own battles.

#39 Posted by BruceRogers (17769 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by jay_z94 (8440 posts) - - Show Bio