Battle of the week: Skaar vs Blue Marvel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Battle of the week: Skaar vs Blue Marvel (73 votes)

Blue Marvel 40%
Skaar 55%
Too Close To Call 5%
No Caption Provided

For this weeks battle of the week we are putting the son of the hulk Skaar against Blue Marvel! Who wins? You decide!

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

• 
Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

does Skaar have The Old Power?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would side with Skaar

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Also, please include me in the tags for the next BOTWs.

col_kassad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By col_kassad

skaar wins this.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Skaar should win. He is a lot stronger and more durable. Plus the old power gives him some versatility.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Skaar takes this in a closely contested battle

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skaar one shots

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ginman333

Ill go blue marvel. Smarter, more experienced, way faster, can fly, energy manipulation ability. Strength and durability are close...very, very close.

Edit: As I think about it, Skaar was closer in strength to WWH and BM is more on par with "regular" (albeit ticked off) hulk, so I will adjust my above statement and give strength more in favor of Skaar. Durability moves a bit too, but that needle not quite as much.

I still think this is going to be a good fight and Ill give my vote to BM due to him winning decisively in every stat but Strength and Durability and I think the durability is still close.

Sadfleck34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skaar beats him.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Skaar is legitimately able to tank anti-matter? I bet he can regenerate from it but wouldn't it negate healing by way of being entropic? Do Blue Marvel's attacks leave anti-matter residue? Considering BM can tank hits from Sentry, is it really possible for him to get one shotted by Skaar? Also whoever lands the first blow should have an immediate advantage based on my previous inquiries......it sounds like I'm arguing for Blue Marvel but to be honest, Hulk based characters get special treatment regardless of who they fight because they have maximum strength potential....so I'm not ready to call a winner without question....

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel wins based on Brain Power to go with his power set and feats. While Skaar is strong, Blue marvel is no slouch. He was stated to be able to split the moon in 1 hit by the watcher, Putting him at Planet Breaker level(World Breaker) and has matched blows with the likes of Sentry,Hulk and King Hyperion who are all widely recognized as a physical beast. But where Blue marvel shows his edge is his Powerset. Along with being within the top level of strength and durability with marvel powerhouses, He also has his antimatter based powers. He has the ability to arrange and rearrange photons. Photons like Gamma ray energy. So he could drain technically drain skaar although he is unlikely to do this, His ability to think on a higher level might bring him to this conclusion. Not only does he have energy manipulation, Blue Marvel also has super speed and flight to degrees skaar would not be able to react to. He is fast enough to keep up with Sentry who is regarded within a high percentile in speed. And he has the experience of someone who has been alive since 1960 and before. Not to mention intelligence rivaling the likes of Black Panther and Bruce Banner. Not only is his intelligence high, So is his perception of reality. He is capable of seeing and comprehending things others cant fathom. So his adaptability to a problems he may face is extreme. So the strength of a power house, The speed of a speedster, and mind of a super genius all put into the body of a battle tested veteran. BM 8/10-9/10

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sacredweapons

@ancient_0f_days: skaar tanked the power cosmic once so i assume concussive blast in general he is resistant to, However Blue Marvel would land the first hit.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skaar, better in any an every way.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@sacredweapons said:

@ancient_0f_days: skaar tanked the power cosmic once so i assume concussive blast in general he is resistant to, However Blue Marvel would land the first hit.

I didn't mention concussive force in my post, I mentioned Entropy

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skaar easily.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel wins this one.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"every way"

Sooooo, hes faster, smarter, and has better energy/range weapons? Closer, but similarly silly, hes a better fighter?

Would LOVE to hear your arguments for how Skaar is better at the first three in particular.

@tvc-15 said:

Skaar, better in any an every way.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course! No worries, bud. I voted for BM.

See my comments above. I even played games with myself on this one. I dont think this is a stomp by any means. I just didnt think the "every way" comment made any sense.

To me, this is a legit BOTW. Its a good fight.

@abelhsu said:

@ginman333: May I ask who yo voted to ?

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ginman333: Ok...but do you think BM can take tons of punches from Skaar ? IMO BFR might be BM's best choice ,but the rules are against him.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Skaar is legitimately able to tank anti-matter? I bet he can regenerate from it but wouldn't it negate healing by way of being entropic? Do Blue Marvel's attacks leave anti-matter residue? Considering BM can tank hits from Sentry, is it really possible for him to get one shotted by Skaar? Also whoever lands the first blow should have an immediate advantage based on my previous inquiries......it sounds like I'm arguing for Blue Marvel but to be honest, Hulk based characters get special treatment regardless of who they fight because they have maximum strength potential....so I'm not ready to call a winner without question....

I believe Since antimatter is by definition entropic in nature, Everything Blue Marvel attacks should just jumble and rearrange or explode. But considering his existence in the universe has not caused the end of all things, He probably has the antimatter self contained as a battery from what he has shown. When he shoots blast or makes his hands glow, its more so concussive than entropic. It shouldn't effect Skaars healing factor since the physics of his antimatter are not constant and more common than not concussive. If it were Blue marvel being a anti matter generator would just destroy everything.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abelhsu: Skaar would have to hit him a ton of times. Skaar would have to be fast enough to hit him and Blue marvel would have to continue with the plan allowing him to be hit multiple times.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hummmm....I mean, i was two things before I got fat and old: one was a golden glove boxer and one was an all american fencer. If you take a direct shot from someone in even the realm of your equal, you go down. So no, I dont think he can take a "ton" of punches. Hopefully they are glancing blows via speed and fighting ability.

Do I want BM to stand toe to toe with Skaar and play roshambo? Oh, heck no! ha ha! But, I think he has the right skill set to take this. Major speed advantage (which, as a "marvel" guy I dont give as much credit to as I think perception and reflexes are equally important and I think Skaar has enough of those to make up some/much of the difference, but still a BM advantage), plus good/excellent (not top tier) energy blast abilities versus ZERO from Skaar, plus a MAJOR advantage in intelligence and since I think this fight isnt going to be a quick one shot, the longer it goes on the more Ill give intelligence as an advantage, plus a sliiiiiight advantage on the fighting ability scale (debatable but Ill go with the old guy who has been doing this for a while against other superhumans, although the fighting pits concept of Skaar is hard to ignore: probably a push at worse...maybe).

@abelhsu said:

@ginman333: Ok...but do you think BM can take tons of punches from Skaar ? IMO BFR might be BM's best choice ,but the rules are against him.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AbelHsu

@ginman333: Thanks for explanation,I may respond to it (if you'd like to) after dealing with a troll in the thread (WW Hulk vs Storm)

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ginman333

No worries bud. Whatever works for you. Its a close battle for me and I'm always open to further education. As I state often (and perhaps too much), I am on this site for education as much as anything. I am always open to great insight and learned discussion!

Good luck on the other front! I commented earlier on that thread and dont recall seeing any posts from you, but I see your posts often enough on other threads to have a general sense and have to imagine we are on the same side on that one.

Just dont forget....someone once, in passing, who wrote her for 11 panels, while drunk, said she "might" be omega-adjacent-ish. <--- Dont forget......

@abelhsu said:

@ginman333: Thanks for explanation,I may respond to it (if you'd like to) after dealing with a troll in the thread (WW Hulk vs Storm)

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Skaar.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sy8000

Skaar shreds him like cheese.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By WollfMyth209
mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skaar.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 owie  Moderator

I don't have time to argue, on the road. I'm just going to copy/paste some feats by Blue Marvel from another post I made elsewhere so people have some context on him. This is not an argument for BM vs Skaar, really, but the Blue Marvel underestimation is always strong here, so I want to provide some baseline info.

Trashes an alien fleet by himself, which Uatu--who should be a very accurate judge--says could annihilate the entire planet. He beats them with no discernable difficulty.

Uatu--again an accurate judge--says he could have broken the moon in half.

Military officials say he lifted a meteor the size of Arkansas, specifically noting, "no exaggeration." He also lifts an aircraft carrier in the same scan, and the say that he held an exploding hydrogen bomb in his hands. Military officials tend to be accurate observers, not engaging in hyperbole.

There was also an incident where he flew out to the "edge of the solar system" to catch an alien, with no major time lapse for his travel, so somewhere near or above lightspeed (it takes light about 5 hours to get to Pluto).

He has also been doing some interesting stuff in Ultimates, like when he used his antimatter energies not as a blast but as an energy cage, to imprison what was essentially the ghost of the Shaper of Worlds. They made clear the Shaper was not at full power, but still--impressive.

Also he fought Rostvow, who it turned out to be a pretty powerful emisary of the evil Celestials in its home dimension. Marvel lost, but even trying to take him on seems like an impressive effort.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By TheKinfing

Lifting and travel feats and a bunch of statements that aren't backed by feats nor consistensy.

Blue Marvel loses this.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Adam beats Skaar w/out the Old Power.

Clamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Clamps

Blue Marvel gets a 100 trillion ton punch to the face. Skaar takes the win.

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Skaar shreds Blue Marvel, he's arguably stronger than him without the Old Power. With it, since there's nothing saying he can't use it, he's even more versatile and has several ways to put Brashaer down. The infamous 100 trillion ton punch, the orbit sucker punch he used on Juggernaut, sending a torrent of razor sharp sand that pierced Green Scar Hulk's skin, and there's probably more that I don't know of. Skaar's fighting resume is much more impressive than Blue Marvel's. Juggernaut, Silver Surfer and Hulk to name a few are overall more impressive than getting beaten up by an anti matter weakened Sentry. Plus his Shadow Forge sword can easily cut Savage & Green Scar Hulk so it would go through BM like a hot knife through butter.

NortonEk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

I don't have time to argue, on the road. I'm just going to copy/paste some feats by Blue Marvel from another post I made elsewhere so people have some context on him. This is not an argument for BM vs Skaar, really, but the Blue Marvel underestimation is always strong here, so I want to provide some baseline info.

Trashes an alien fleet by himself, which Uatu--who should be a very accurate judge--says could annihilate the entire planet. He beats them with no discernable difficulty.

Military officials say he lifted a meteor the size of Arkansas, specifically noting, "no exaggeration." He also lifts an aircraft carrier in the same scan, and the say that he held an exploding hydrogen bomb in his hands. Military officials tend to be accurate observers, not engaging in hyperbole.

There was also an incident where he flew out to the "edge of the solar system" to catch an alien, with no major time lapse for his travel, so somewhere near or above lightspeed (it takes light about 5 hours to get to Pluto).

He has also been doing some interesting stuff in Ultimates, like when he used his antimatter energies not as a blast but as an energy cage, to imprison what was essentially the ghost of the Shaper of Worlds. They made clear the Shaper was not at full power, but still--impressive.

Also he fought Rostvow, who it turned out to be a pretty powerful emisary of the evil Celestials in its home dimension. Marvel lost, but even trying to take him on seems like an impressive effort.

Many of these feats are from his miniseries where Blue Marvel first appeared ... soon after that his level is drastically lowered, IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel doesn't have the damage output to put down Skaar, at all. He has tanked a beating from Savage Hulk without much problem, punches from Green Scar that sent him into low orbit and even managed to withstand Hiro-Kala's kinetic energy blasts while the latter was commanding two planetary level forces at the same time.

On the other hand, Skaar can easily take on him using the Old Power. A casual punch empowered by OP was able to send Juggernaut flying into orbit. Not to mention Skaar carries a Shadow-Forge sword that was able to cut trough Savage Hulk and can control earth as Spikes to turn Blue Marvel's body into swiss cheese.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 owie  Moderator

@nortonek said:
@owie said:

Many of these feats are from his miniseries where Blue Marvel first appeared ... soon after that his level is drastically lowered, IMO.

They mostly are, but I think his later feats aren't necessarily worse so much as not as high...meaning that he wasn't given an opportunity to showcase high feats, but didn't necessarily have a lower ceiling put on his abilities. I could be wrong, if you've got countervailing examples.

I wish I had access to my Ultimates comics at the moment. The whole thing with Rostvow was impressive but I don't trust my memory enough on the subject. My best recollection is that he is basically a herald/assistant for some old evil Celestials, but is above Galactus herald level, more like slightly below skyfather maybe? This is more from inference than feats. But (again, working on possibly faulty memory) I think it took Psi-Hawk to defeat him, who they seem to be positioning at more like skyfather levels. So for BM to fight him in his own dimension for a decent amount of time was pretty solid, even if he was losing.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 owie  Moderator

I don't know if this is still going, but I've got a minute so I'll weigh in a bit more than I did previously.

I think Skaar would probably take the majority, but it would be a serious fight and Blue Marvel should not be underestimated; he would get some wins.

Skaar is probably stronger (although BM is no weakling), and the healing factor that comes with being a Hulk gives him a durability advantage over Blue Marvel, even if his pure durability may be about equal. Blue Marvel's ability to withstand an extended battle with Rodstvow should be taken into account however.

Skaar also has the skills advantage by a solid degree, and on a pure fighting level outclasses Blue Marvel.

It's unclear to me whether Skaar's Old Power or Blue Marvel's anitmatter blasts are more powerful. BM's blasts haven't really been tested for an upper limit that I'm aware of.

Blue Marvel has a significant speed advantage. But, unlike Superman or some other Superman clones, BM hasn't really used his speed for speed blitzing in the sense of numerous punches in a split second. But, he can use his travel speed in this fight. As I noted previously, BM is now able to use his antimatter to create shapes, and in particular to create cages--cages capable of holding a weakened Shaper of Worlds. I'd argue that Blue Marvel's best bet for a win here would be to cage Skaar, then fly him to the sun--a classic flight/speed combo strategy for the win. Given that Blue Marvel is extremely intelligent and not just a brawler, I think it's likely he'd come up with this strategy a reasonable number of times.

If it came to a more brawl and blast kind of fight, however, BM would probably lose after a protracted battle, largely from Skaar's fighting skill and regenerative durability and Old-Power-amped-strength.