Battle Of The Week: Sinestro VS Godzilla

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by jashro44 (54455 posts) 3 years, 5 months ago

Poll: Battle Of The Week: Sinestro VS Godzilla (106 votes)

Sinestro 58%
Godzilla 39%
To Close To Call 4%
No Caption Provided

For this week's battle of the week we decided to put the king of all monsters himself Godzilla against the Sinister Sinestro! Who's going to come out on top? You decide!

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • Sinestro has pre and new 52 feats however he is just standard Sinestro with the Yellow Ring (No Parallax)
  • Godzilla is from IDW comics
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 150 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

#51 Edited by Sy8000 (35921 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

1) Ganthet was not prepared for any attack, and looked to be calmly talking a matter before being stabbed out of nowhere, hardly a battle feat between the two.

So? Ganthet being prepared wouldn't make him any more durable, at least not in regards to piercing damage.

2) Kyle was already engaging tons of yellow Lanterns at the same time before Sinestro made his move, yet this played no role? Riiiight.

He was wading through them all and didn't get hit or hurt at any point. Sinestro was doing the heavy work.

3) That is Green Lantern Sinestro, not Yellow Lantern. Totally different ways to apply overall power lol.

No it's not. Yellow Rings and Green Rings both require willpower to be used as noted by Hal when he mentions pain throwing off willpower as being relevant against Sinestro:

No Caption Provided

I mean speaking logically, Yellow Rings can't operate in the same way as other rings where the user has to feel their emotion or the Sinestro Corps would be constantly shaking in their boots.

Plus all he could do was hurt, which is not the same as damaging or beating. So its really not that quantifiable or valid of a feat. Was it a bee sting? Felt like a punch? You cannot say.

Why does it need to be quantifiable? Why can't it just be good?

Also it hit his chest and entered partially. I'd say that's quantifiable to an extent. Better than a bee sting at least...

Also it looks clear cut he was KOed before opnening his eyes at the end,

No he wasn't. He was screaming and laying around because he was growing in sorrow. He wasn't even bleeding so no way was he knocked out...

and was powerless to the planet busting attack that took time to do by the foe.

Actually he wasn't. Sinestro stabbed Volthoom in the chest because he was making the planet blow up and getting stabbed is what prevented that. Volthoom then rolled back time and made it so Sinestro never stabbed him in the first place. Sinestro was entirely capable of preventing it and Volthoom had to re-write history to keep him from doing so.

In short this whole section of feat is just not valid as a argument.

That wasn't the argument. Those were scans for feats I mentioned in my actual argument which you haven't addressed.

4) I see Sinestro barely blocking a attack that has never been shown to bust a moon by itself by said Weaponeer. Yaaawn.

It's not the part where he barely blocks the attacks that's good it's the part where his follow up breaks on Sinestro's force field. No the Weaponer has never busted a moon but his shield could effectively adapt and develop means to defeat Kyle, John and Ganthet who are all well above moon level and even contain them with constructs so it's not as if his feats don't suggest he's on that level...

#52 Posted by Chimeroid (9268 posts) - - Show Bio

In all honesty battle of the week has gone to hell lately. You are just forcing low popularity characters to prove your points or popularize them, all that has happened as a result is SFW being the only person who debates against the rest.

#53 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

So? Ganthet being prepared wouldn't make him any more durable, at least not in regards to piercing damage.

Yes. Like all Lanterns who use the same energy source, their durability and power is dependent on how much they "will it". Green requires will, Red anger, Yellow fear, ect The more they have that in that spectrum, better they do. The Emotional Spectrum is not one pre define limit.

So attacking a character not ready for an attack, not putting effort in their defenses is not a good feat to mention.

He was wading through them all and didn't get hit or hurt at any point. Sinestro was doing the heavy work.

Yet he was distracted, and no doubt energy wise expending a lot before hand.

No it's not. Yellow Rings and Green Rings both require willpower to be used as noted by Hal when he mentions pain throwing off willpower as being relevant against Sinestro:

I mean speaking logically, Yellow Rings can't operate in the same way as other rings where the user has to feel their emotion or the Sinestro Corps would be constantly shaking in their boots.

This is one of the worst arguments yet. Anyone who knows anything about lanterns know the ability to instill fear and draw on fear is the primary empowerment of the Yellow Spectrum. Thats not for debate lol.

Why does it need to be quantifiable? Why can't it just be good?

Because your trying to make Sinestro out as some low tier Sky father lol. He is not. not even Silver Surfer level or Superman level for that matter.

Also it hit his chest and entered partially. I'd say that's quantifiable to an extent. Better than a bee sting at least...

I see the drill exit now, and that is pretty neat, but again, ABC logic and I see no reason for a guy who did not think he could be harm to have been attempting to deflect the said attack. Still not quantifiable either. Would this attack be better than GZ blowing a planet up, or busting the energies of a black hole in another sector of space? The Spiral Ray? Im not seeing proof of this, and it looked that was Green Sinestro best shot.

No he wasn't. He was screaming and laying around because he was growing in sorrow. He wasn't even bleeding so no way was he knocked out...

Really?

No Caption Provided

I see him not only not moving, doubled over like in pain, but having a flash back whole knock the hell out before opening his eyes. So I say your wrong.

Actually he wasn't. Sinestro stabbed Volthoom in the chest because he was making the planet blow up and getting stabbed is what prevented that. Volthoom then rolled back time and made it so Sinestro never stabbed him in the first place. Sinestro was entirely capable of preventing it and Volthoom had to re-write history to keep him from doing so.

Not at all. Stabbing someone is not containing or holding back the power to stop a planet attack lol. Thats like saying you have more power than a nuke because you stop a guy pushing the button. Sinestro also clearly could not protect those in his own shield either. He failed on both accounts.

That wasn't the argument. Those were scans for feats I mentioned in my actual argument which you haven't addressed.

ABC logic and unquntifbale. Have any scans of Sinestro moving or busting planets? Over power Black Hole energy outputs? One shotting beings with Godzilla level durability?

Didnt think so.

It's not the part where he barely blocks the attacks that's good it's the part where his follow up breaks on Sinestro's force field. No the Weaponer has never busted a moon but his shield could effectively adapt and develop means to defeat Kyle, John and Ganthet who are all well above moon level and even contain them with constructs so it's not as if his feats don't suggest he's on that level...

Oh, more ABC logic. I should have guessed. Those feats mean little when his constructs get taken out by Wonder Woman, Mongul 2, Lobo, and others lol.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Hell, here he is even bleeding having one of his own constructs hit him in the face.

No Caption Provided

GZ will bust them open as well with his consistent feats in strength and nuclear output.

#54 Edited by Toratorn (8070 posts) - - Show Bio
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@comicstooge said:
@highaccuser said:
@comicstooge said:

But what if he had to rip a bong to bring back Korugar?

Then his iron will would let him smoke a literal ton of weed before passing out. Can Godzilla contend?

@sirfizzwhizz

I feel, in my expertise of studying the GZ creature, that GZ will not pass out ever.

No Caption Provided

He inhales stronger stuff than weed, and inhaled whole monsters without passing out.

Damn right.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

I wonder how angels taste...

#55 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@comicstooge said:
@highaccuser said:
@comicstooge said:

But what if he had to rip a bong to bring back Korugar?

Then his iron will would let him smoke a literal ton of weed before passing out. Can Godzilla contend?

@sirfizzwhizz

I feel, in my expertise of studying the GZ creature, that GZ will not pass out ever.

He inhales stronger stuff than weed, and inhaled whole monsters without passing out.

Damn right.

I wonder how angels taste...

Heh, GZ eats Angel Dust.

No Caption Provided

He is just too hardcore.

#56 Edited by Toratorn (8070 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: you just made my day XD

But it makes sense. Without drugs how will you explain Godzilla doing this?

No Caption Provided

Or this?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or this?

No Caption Provided

Or all of THIS?

No Caption Provided

Godzilla is into some hard stuff. Sinestro doesn't even stand a chance.

#57 Edited by jashro44 (54455 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid said:

In all honesty battle of the week has gone to hell lately. You are just forcing low popularity characters to prove your points or popularize them, all that has happened as a result is SFW being the only person who debates against the rest.

Because no one makes any suggestions outside of the PM group that sirfizzwhizz and various others are apart of. What characters do you want to see in battle of the week? Like you guys do have the option of making suggestions.

#58 Edited by Gojira2512 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

@sirfizzwhizz: you just made my day XD

But it makes sense. Without drugs how will you explain Godzilla doing this?

No Caption Provided

Or this?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or this?

No Caption Provided

Or all of THIS?

No Caption Provided

Godzilla is into some hard stuff. Sinestro doesn't even stand a chance.

the first one is Gojirando G as an Adult with his Human sister XD .

Godzilla doing the impossible again.

#59 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid said:

This is funny. When have I argued for Puma, XO Manowar, Captain Britain, or even IDW Shredder? I dont, nor did any real debating in those threads. This thread and Space Marine one were the only matches I pitch since Jash took over.

#60 Edited by Sy8000 (35921 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

Yes. Like all Lanterns who use the same energy source, their durability and power is dependent on how much they "will it". Green requires will, Red anger, Yellow fear, ect The more they have that in that spectrum, better they do. The Emotional Spectrum is not one pre define limit.

So attacking a character not ready for an attack, not putting effort in their defenses is not a good feat to mention.

Ganthet isn't a lantern (or well he was in that case but generally isn't and all the feats I mentioned were accomplished under his own power with no ring). His durability doesn't depend on shields.

Yet he was distracted, and no doubt energy wise expending a lot before hand.

Him being distracted has no bearing on the durability of his field. I went over this in my other post (which you still haven't responded to...) but Lanterns don't expand energy before they run out of power due to a time limit and Kyle had Ion at the time anyway which gives him unlimited energy.

And really, Kyle without Ion can make a moon sized construct to hold Ultraman and have it last 48 hours without seemingly expanding any energy. Do you actually think a skyscraper sized (at best) construct is going to expand any energy?

This is one of the worst arguments yet. Anyone who knows anything about lanterns know the ability to instill fear and draw on fear is the primary empowerment of the Yellow Spectrum. Thats not for debate lol.

If it involved drawing on your own fear everyone who uses a Yellow ring would be constantly terrified, yet Sinestro pretty much refuses to admit that he ever feels fear. Clearly willpower is also used to drive the energy.

Because your trying to make Sinestro out as some low tier Sky father lol. He is not.

No I'm not. Volthoom wasn't at full power and all his concretely skyfather level feats (especially durability ones) came after he reached full power. And you don't need to be as powerful as someone to damage them slightly.

not even Silver Surfer level or Superman level for that matter.

Sinestro is Silver Surfer level.

I see the drill exit now, and that is pretty neat, but again, ABC logic and I see no reason for a guy who did not think he could be harm to have been attempting to deflect the said attack.

Why would he need to deflect that attack? Volthoom took Korugar's explosion unharmed and didn't need to deflect anything.

Still not quantifiable either.

Quantifiability is overrated. We don't need to put a number on things for them to be good.

Would this attack be better than GZ blowing a planet up, or busting the energies of a black hole in another sector of space? The Spiral Ray? Im not seeing proof of this,

It might be. I made it clear I wasn't trying to argue that Sinestro was actually superior or that he would win I just fail to see why he can't compete given the feats provided.

and it looked that was Green Sinestro best shot.

It was.

Really?

I see him not only not moving, doubled over like in pain, but having a flash back whole knock the hell out before opening his eyes. So I say your wrong.

He's doubled over and not moving because he's distressed by his home blowing up not because he's hurt...never was it shown he closed his eyes and in fact they were very much open when he took the blast. He wasn't having a flashback either, the issue cutting to show Hal in the Dead Zone.

Not at all. Stabbing someone is not containing or holding back the power to stop a planet attack lol. Thats like saying you have more power than a nuke because you stop a guy pushing the button. Sinestro also clearly could not protect those in his own shield either. He failed on both accounts.

Who said anything about containing the blast? He just harmed Volthoom enough to stop him from continuing the attack and unlike the person pushing a button Volthoom was doing this under his own power. Sinestro never had a chance to try containing the blast because Volthoom re-wrote history on him thus disrupting any attempt he could've made. Sinestro's shield wasn't shown right when the planet went boom and if it were we would've seen it destroyed so I assume it just vanished in the version of history where Sinestro never stabbed Volthoom for whatever reason (probably because Volthoom himself destroying it).

ABC logic and unquntifbale. Have any scans of Sinestro moving or busting planets? Over power Black Hole energy outputs?

This is a non-sequitur. You aren't addressing the issue of the larger post I made.

One shotting beings with Godzilla level durability?

How durable do you think Kyle is compared to Godzilla? Although no he hasn't one-shotted people with Godzilla level durability and I never claimed he'd one-shot here.

Oh, more ABC logic. I should have guessed. Those feats mean little when his constructs get taken out by Wonder Woman, Mongul 2, Lobo, and others lol.

Okay you seriously need to pay better attention to what I'm saying...Sinestro's constructs aren't so much of a big deal as are his personal shields. I'll be the first to say Sinestro barely has any construct feats but that his personal shields probably have the best there are.

And for the record Mongul never took out his constructs without rings and Wonder Woman fought a clone. Lobo is the only legitimate instance but he did virtually nothing to Sinestro's personal shields which makes it pretty damn clear which is more durable.

Hell, here he is even bleeding having one of his own constructs hit him in the face.

Barely...

GZ will bust them open as well with his consistent feats in strength and nuclear output.

Godzilla can bust his constructs but they aren't what he actually needs to worry about.

And nuclear output? Really?

#61 Posted by Chimeroid (9268 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@chimeroid said:

Because no one makes any suggestions outside of the PM group that sirfizzwhizz and various others are apart of. What characters do you want to see in battle of the week? Like you guys do have the option of making suggestions.

Well, two things that were important:

Suggestion threads

Month of (certain character)

That way there was a theme to BoW and it was interesting to follow and keep score.

#62 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually was the one to suggest Godzilla about two weeks ago. Fizz had nothing to do with it.

No Caption Provided

I have no bias for Godzilla, I just think he's a classic character with tons of battles and is very popular in the battle forums, which is why I suggested it. I thought it would be a fun week to read. I've never seen any kind of hidden agenda in these threads pushed by anyone. They're just fun threads that Jash puts some work into every week for the whole community to take part in.

#63 Edited by Chimeroid (9268 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:
@chimeroid said:

I actually was the one to suggest Godzilla about two weeks ago. Fizz had nothing to do with it.

No Caption Provided

I have no bias for Godzilla, I just think he's a classic character with tons of battles and is very popular in the battle forums, which is why I suggested it. I thought it would be a fun week to read. I've never seen any kind of hidden agenda in these threads pushed by anyone. They're just fun threads that Jash puts some work into every week for the whole community to take part in.

What i said was not directed at him "picking" the matchups, it was that these threads simply don't get the crowds moving, @sirfizzwhizz is one of the rare people on this site diligent enough to debate for a lot of these characters. Point is, for a while BotW hasn't been an "event" in the sense it was before, and i think it is because it feels kinda random. We could, for instance turn this into a Godzilla month and have him square off against some characters that have strong fanbases so we can get a good argument going here.

#64 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Ahhh I see what your saying now, and I get where ya coming from.

#65 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

Ganthet isn't a lantern (or well he was in that case but generally isn't and all the feats I mentioned were accomplished under his own power with no ring). His durability doesn't depend on shields.

he is not a lantern, he is still a user of the Green (Willpower) Spectrum mate. Deal with it.

Him being distracted has no bearing on the durability of his field. I went over this in my other post (which you still haven't responded to...) but Lanterns don't expand energy before they run out of power due to a time limit and Kyle had Ion at the time anyway which gives him unlimited energy.

Again this is false. Larfleeze with a energy power counter shows this. There is other examples.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Last time I check Percent is not equivalent to time. Your logic is even more flawed in the fact that if the rings have unlimited power, then why is there clearly limits and Lanterns getting tired through brutal fights? Why was Stewart exceeding the power of the ring if it is unlimited? Your logic and points easily as that shot down.

The rings have limits period, and by those shown limits, Sinestro will get crushed. Even if we want to say he will be unbeatable for 24 hours, I feel by damage out put, and GZ durability/Regen GZ will outlast anyway, which is a dumb argument as no way Sinestro is surviving that long.

And really, Kyle without Ion can make a moon sized construct to hold Ultraman and have it last 48 hours without seemingly expanding any energy. Do you actually think a skyscraper sized (at best) construct is going to expand any energy?

I think that GZ can easily bust from a moon like Construct and has done so already. So using that example is again flawed. Also Kyle > Sinestro overall, as Kyle became first White Lantern and one of the most famous lanterns ever period for a reason.

If it involved drawing on your own fear everyone who uses a Yellow ring would be constantly terrified, yet Sinestro pretty much refuses to admit that he ever feels fear. Clearly willpower is also used to drive the energy.

No one said he had to feel fear. Its states he has to draw on the opponents fear and the fear said ring user can instill. Not effective in GZ anyway in that regard.

No I'm not. Volthoom wasn't at full power and all his concretely skyfather level feats (especially durability ones) came after he reached full power. And you don't need to be as powerful as someone to damage them slightly.

But that has been your argument so far. "Look how powerful this guy is, and Sinestro made him say ow, that is why Sinestro wins," this been your entire argument from post one.

Sinestro is Silver Surfer level.

So why Does Thor, Surfer, and Superman beat Sinestro time and again in boards. why does Sinestro get beaten by Wonder Woman, and needs to BFR Lobo. He is not that level to me

Why would he need to deflect that attack? Volthoom took Korugar's explosion unharmed and didn't need to deflect anything.

If he is making no effort to block a piercing attack from a all out Sinestro, then why is the feat matter at al? Your whole Green Lantern Sinestro feat your trying to use has several issues as a valid feat for Yellow Lantern Sinestro, and just not worth bringin up.

Quantifiability is overrated. We don't need to put a number on things for them to be good.

Your right, its so much more logical to use ABC logic and feats of bias "My guy beaten better guys than yours!" "Na uhhhh!" "Yeah huuuuh!!!".

It might be. I made it clear I wasn't trying to argue that Sinestro was actually superior or that he would win I just fail to see why he can't compete given the feats provided.

No one said he cannot compete, myself including. We are arguing who would likely win in this brutal fight.

He's doubled over and not moving because he's distressed by his home blowing up not because he's hurt...never was it shown he closed his eyes and in fact they were very much open when he took the blast. He wasn't having a flashback either, the issue cutting to show Hal in the Dead Zone.

So Lobo can make Sinestro bleed with a slam of his own construct to his face means there was more power in that attack than the whole planet blowing up? Nope. He was KOed and unmoving, drifting in space for a time among the rubble. Simple as that and consistent with his other feats.

Who said anything about containing the blast? He just harmed Volthoom enough to stop him from continuing the attack and unlike the person pushing a button Volthoom was doing this under his own power. Sinestro never had a chance to try containing the blast because Volthoom re-wrote history on him thus disrupting any attempt he could've made. Sinestro's shield wasn't shown right when the planet went boom and if it were we would've seen it destroyed so I assume it just vanished in the version of history where Sinestro never stabbed Volthoom for whatever reason (probably because Volthoom himself destroying it).

But your saying he could stop the attack, and in this battle thread sense as powerful as a planet busting attack to stop it. This is false.

This is a non-sequitur. You aren't addressing the issue of the larger post I made.

I have. Your relying on who beat who, or who made who say ouch as proof of power.

How durable do you think Kyle is compared to Godzilla? Although no he hasn't one-shotted people with Godzilla level durability and I never claimed he'd one-shot here.

Fair enough.

Okay you seriously need to pay better attention to what I'm saying...Sinestro's constructs aren't so much of a big deal as are his personal shields. I'll be the first to say Sinestro barely has any construct feats but that his personal shields probably have the best there are.

Ok, I am following that.

And for the record Mongul never took out his constructs without rings and Wonder Woman fought a clone. Lobo is the only legitimate instance but he did virtually nothing to Sinestro's personal shields which makes it pretty damn clear which is more durable.

Is there any reason the clone, a exact copy with a Yellow Ring weaker? Mongul has harm him with no use of the Rings.

I see no yellow energy here.

Barely...

Still bleeding from a less than city busting attack.

Godzilla can bust his constructs but they aren't what he actually needs to worry about.

And nuclear output? Really?

Why is GZ powered by hopes and dreams?

Well to a degree I guess so lol.

#66 Posted by jashro44 (54455 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@chimeroid said:

Well, two things that were important:

Suggestion threads

Month of (certain character)

That way there was a theme to BoW and it was interesting to follow and keep score.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#67 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea these BOTW threads are slowly dying out...

Hopefully the next one brings something more interesting to the table.

#68 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Oh I see. At first it sounded like you were calling out some sort of biased based matches. My mistake.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
#69 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (12013 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla

#70 Posted by Sy8000 (35921 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

he is not a lantern, he is still a user of the Green (Willpower) Spectrum mate. Deal with it.

No he isn't. The Guardians aren't powered by the emotional spectrum. With the exception of Ganthet they're all completely stripped of emotions but still use their powers just fine. In fact Ganthet's best feat is probably stomping Kyle which was done when he'd been stripped of his emotions.

Again this is false. Larfleeze with a energy power counter shows this. There is other examples.

John didn't do what you're suggesting. His ring didn't run out of power trying to make that planet, the ring was just straight up not capable of the task. If he'd used up energy his ring would've notified him (they generally do that).

Larfleeze is different. He places a portion of his power in each of his corps. Once he recalled them he jumped back to full power.

Last time I check Percent is not equivalent to time.

It isn't. That's not what I said. I said percentage decreases over time, not that the two are identical.

Your logic is even more flawed in the fact that if the rings have unlimited power, then why is there clearly limits and Lanterns getting tired through brutal fights?

Because they're being used by people who have finite stamina.

Why was Stewart exceeding the power of the ring if it is unlimited? Your logic and points easily as that shot down.

I never said it was unlimited, just that it doesn't expand that finite amount of power except for a time limit.

The rings have limits period, and by those shown limits, Sinestro will get crushed.

The limit is 24 hours. Yeah he'll have problems once it gets dangerously low but that's it.

Even if we want to say he will be unbeatable for 24 hours, I feel by damage out put, and GZ durability/Regen GZ will outlast anyway, which is a dumb argument as no way Sinestro is surviving that long.

You realize I'm not saying Sinestro would actually win right? I'm just pointing out you have a flawed understanding of how the rings power works.

I think that GZ can easily bust from a moon like Construct and has done so already. So using that example is again flawed.

...I'm sorry I've tried to be patient but you're being absorb at this point. You can't even understand the point of that comment and just immediately assume I'm challening you to a feat contest? I mean come on...

I made that statement to point out constructs of the size Kyle used against the Sinestro Corps aren't something he would actually expand effort or energy creating.

No one said he had to feel fear. Its states he has to draw on the opponents fear and the fear said ring user can instill. Not effective in GZ anyway in that regard.

If it drew on the opponents fear then it wouldn't work if the person using it doesn't have people afraid of them. Hal uses Yellow Rings and he doesn't exactly have people cowering in fear of him.

But that has been your argument so far. "Look how powerful this guy is, and Sinestro made him say ow, that is why Sinestro wins," this been your entire argument from post one.

No it's not. I never even said Sinestro wins.

Try to read what I'm saying please...

So why Does Thor, Surfer, and Superman beat Sinestro time and again in boards. why does Sinestro get beaten by Wonder Woman, and needs to BFR Lobo. He is not that level to me

What threads have you been frequenting? Because I've seen many where this isn't the case. Wonder Woman fought a clone of Sinestro (really tired of having to repeat that) and he didn't need to BFR Lobo. They barely fought and if anything Sinestro had the upper hand.

Also in regards to the examples you used (Surfer, Superman and Thor), some argue Lanterns don't have significant reaction speed which Clark and Norrin could take advantage of and that Thor could drain Sinestro's ring. Neither of these are things that play in the favor of half the Superman level characters out there and certainly not Godzilla (who's not exactly a speedster himself and has no notable energy manipulation).

If he is making no effort to block a piercing attack from a all out Sinestro, then why is the feat matter at al? Your whole Green Lantern Sinestro feat your trying to use has several issues as a valid feat for Yellow Lantern Sinestro, and just not worth bringin up.

Volthoom durability feats were all accomplished without blocking anything.

Your right, its so much more logical to use ABC logic and feats of bias "My guy beaten better guys than yours!" "Na uhhhh!" "Yeah huuuuh!!!".

If we assume Sinesto has performed better against his opponents than the people he's fighting would have, I see no reason not to consider him superior.

No one said he cannot compete, myself including. We are arguing who would likely win in this brutal fight.

You said you thought Godzilla's energy projection was better by far. I disagreed.

So Lobo can make Sinestro bleed with a slam of his own construct to his face means there was more power in that attack than the whole planet blowing up?

Sinestro was barely bleeding and Lobo is extremely strong. This isn't a bad feat and yes characters have varying levels of durability. I have no doubt this isn't equally true of Godzilla.

Nope. He was KOed and unmoving, drifting in space for a time among the rubble. Simple as that and consistent with his other feats.

No he wasn't. You haven't provided any evidence of this and I've provided evidence to the contrary.

But your saying he could stop the attack, and in this battle thread sense as powerful as a planet busting attack to stop it. This is false.

I never said he could, I said he never got the chance to try and fail.

I have. Your relying on who beat who, or who made who say ouch as proof of power.

And?

Is there any reason the clone, a exact copy with a Yellow Ring weaker?

I don't know what the context behind the clone was honestly or what reason there was for it being weaker but considering Martian Manhunter stomped him with just his fists and no use of his powers and Sinestro and other lanterns have many feats to suggest J'onn has no buisness doing that I think it's pretty clear.

Mongul has harm him with no use of the Rings.

Rings amp people's strength level. There doesn't need to be a visual effect to know they're active and Mongul battered Sinestro with his ring amped blows before that point.

Still bleeding from a less than city busting attack.

And Thanos was bleeding from Namor's punches. What's your point?

Also Lobo is way above city busting in strength.

Why is GZ powered by hopes and dreams?

Well to a degree I guess so lol.

How did this come up?

#71 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interesting and close fight - Giving it to Sinestro

#72 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

No he isn't. The Guardians aren't powered by the emotional spectrum. With the exception of Ganthet they're all completely stripped of emotions but still use their powers just fine. In fact Ganthet's best feat is probably stomping Kyle which was done when he'd been stripped of his emotions.

Sigh, the Guardians harness "The Glow" which is willpower spectrum. Not even debatable. Been establish.

John didn't do what you're suggesting. His ring didn't run out of power trying to make that planet, the ring was just straight up not capable of the task. If he'd used up energy his ring would've notified him (they generally do that).

Larfleeze is different. He places a portion of his power in each of his corps. Once he recalled them he jumped back to full power.

Fair enough points. I will drop it, as you stated what I wanted to hear from you either way. The ring has limits and unable to be all powerful as some people like to think. Not even close.

It isn't. That's not what I said. I said percentage decreases over time, not that the two are identical.

OK. Rings still have limits, and Sinestro never surpass IDW GZ energy output anyway.

Because they're being used by people who have finite stamina.

Another strike vs Sinestro. GZ fights days straight endless battles, and the various tortures of hell itself non stop. Sinestro tires out.

The limit is 24 hours. Yeah he'll have problems once it gets dangerously low but that's it.

He will problems anyway because he has personnel stamina to worry about, and his limits are not shown to surpass IDW GZ's own.

I think that GZ can easily bust from a moon like Construct and has done so already. So using that example is again flawed.

...I'm sorry I've tried to be patient but you're being absorb at this point. You can't even understand the point of that comment and just immediately assume I'm challening you to a feat contest? I mean come on...

I made that statement to point out constructs of the size Kyle used against the Sinestro Corps aren't something he would actually expand effort or energy creating.

Fair enough. I still figuring your debating for Sinestro in this back and forth.

If it drew on the opponents fear then it wouldn't work if the person using it doesn't have people afraid of them. Hal uses Yellow Rings and he doesn't exactly have people cowering in fear of him.

Dont blame me, blame the writers.

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/5974/why-do-the-yellow-rings-work-backwards-from-the-other-rings

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/how-do-yellow-fear-rings-work.176048/

Try reading some of these by the Green lantern fans that read the books explain it.

No it's not. I never even said Sinestro wins.

Try to read what I'm saying please...

Fair enough then.

What threads have you been frequenting? Because I've seen many where this isn't the case. Wonder Woman fought a clone of Sinestro (really tired of having to repeat that) and he didn't need to BFR Lobo. They barely fought and if anything Sinestro had the upper hand.

Also in regards to the examples you used (Surfer, Superman and Thor), some argue Lanterns don't have significant reaction speed which Clark and Norrin could take advantage of and that Thor could drain Sinestro's ring. Neither of these are things that play in the favor of half the Superman level characters out there and certainly not Godzilla (who's not exactly a speedster himself and has no notable energy manipulation).

Godzilla just has insane regen like Lobo, stats to match, better durability feats over all, and more powerful attack shown. It be a good fight, but IDW GZ holds the edge.

If we assume Sinesto has performed better against his opponents than the people he's fighting would have, I see no reason not to consider him superior.

Except the missing context that i pointed out when looking at the feats presented.

You said you thought Godzilla's energy projection was better by far. I disagreed.

I disagree with that. You yet shown any stand alone feats to match. Only vague ABC logic with context thrown out.

Sinestro was barely bleeding and Lobo is extremely strong. This isn't a bad feat and yes characters have varying levels of durability. I have no doubt this isn't equally true of Godzilla.

Depends, Godzilla never had a bloody anything from physical blows, and only certain high power attacks, or top level Kaiju can make him bleed from stabs and such. Your claiming Sinestro durability is the best, when its not.

No he wasn't. You haven't provided any evidence of this and I've provided evidence to the contrary.

Same for you.

"I have. Your relying on who beat who, or who made who say ouch as proof of power."

And?

Thats false ABC logic

I don't know what the context behind the clone was honestly or what reason there was for it being weaker but considering Martian Manhunter stomped him with just his fists and no use of his powers and Sinestro and other lanterns have many feats to suggest J'onn has no buisness doing that I think it's pretty clear.

Alrighty then. I mean Jay Garrick Clone that Cap Boomerang stomps is used by Flash debaters of being a exact clone, I see no reason for DC fans not to accept the same for Sinestro :/ A exact copy with a yellow ring.

Rings amp people's strength level. There doesn't need to be a visual effect to know they're active and Mongul battered Sinestro with his ring amped blows before that point.

I dont believe that other wise Hal and 100s of other GLs would be looking more like Superman in fights than the glow power they always show when attacking.

And Thanos was bleeding from Namor's punches. What's your point?

Fair enough.

Also Lobo is way above city busting in strength.

Lobo never busted anything above a city.

How did this come up?

You brought it up when you said "Nuclear Power output?"

#73 Edited by jashro44 (54455 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Lobo destroyed half a planet when he punched the Easter bunny in the face.

#74 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: was it earth size or Pluto size ;). Details mate.

#75 Posted by NimaMindTricks (4684 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@chimeroid said:

Jash...I suggest looking at the thread you made and see which recurring themes/characters keep coming up and then post a poll with 4 or 5 options of either battles or a certain character with a choice of 4 or 5 opponents.

#76 Posted by jashro44 (54455 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@chimeroid said:

Jash...I suggest looking at the thread you made and see which recurring themes/characters keep coming up and then post a poll with 4 or 5 options of either battles or a certain character with a choice of 4 or 5 opponents.

I was planning on looking at the consensus but so far there doesn't seem to be one. The most suggested fight so far seems to be Judge Dredd vs Terminator but even that only has 2 votes.

#78 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36949 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

I was planning on looking at the consensus but so far there doesn't seem to be one. The most suggested fight so far seems to be Judge Dredd vs Terminator but even that only has 2 votes.

Ehh, no more Sirfizzwhizz favorites. I think you were hitting on a good topic with some RWBY character vs a popular marvel or dc character. I think that would bring out more posters.

Yeah, I love baiting SFW in standard threads, but in a battle of the week it's whack.

#79 Posted by jashro44 (54455 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: I'm not baiting Cadence in battle of the week.....He helps me come up with the fights. As do other people so obviously they suggest there favorite characters for battle of the week because that is what they want to see. Its basically what happened when I created the battle of the week suggestion thread, there was no consensus because everyone suggested what they each individually wanted to see...

#80 Posted by Gojira2512 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:
@chimeroid said:

No Caption Provided

So why not make a Godzilla Month???,I mean the new japanese movie comes out in July so make July Godzilla month is a good idea.

What i said was not directed at him "picking" the matchups, it was that these threads simply don't get the crowds moving, @sirfizzwhizz is one of the rare people on this site diligent enough to debate for a lot of these characters. Point is, for a while BotW hasn't been an "event" in the sense it was before, and i think it is because it feels kinda random. We could, for instance turn this into a Godzilla month and have him square off against some characters that have strong fanbases so we can get a good argument going here.

Great Idea. July will be the right month cos of the new movie.

No Caption Provided

#81 Posted by Kbalesi (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro outsmarted lex before so I think he can easy outsmart Godzilla

#82 Posted by Gojira2512 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@kbalesi: depends can siniestro survive an attack so enough powerfull to destroy black holes???

#83 Posted by Kbalesi (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@gojira2512: A character who can destroy a black hole with one hit sounds so boring, but answer is no, there is no chance Sinestro can survive an attack which can destroy a star... average black hole mass is million times bigger than an average star. I think they should delete those characters who can do nonsense things like destroying a black hole with a single attack.

#84 Edited by CadeV1 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

This is close. Sinestro as of now has 57 percent, and Godzilla 41 percent. Out of 63 votes. Nice.

No Caption Provided

#86 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be an interesting fight but I think Godzilla will win in the end. Sinestro while having the advantage in speed, tactical thinking, versatility and combat experience is still lacking when it comes to destructive output also Godzilla`s endurance is insane. Godzilla eventually will land a hit once Sinestro is worn out from battle also Godzilla`s AOE styled attacks as well as methods will probably do some decent damage as well.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#87 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read idw Godzilla extensively and unless he got a lot more powerful in the past year or so Sinestro wins

#88 Posted by MaZeRaIII (4725 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro.

#89 Posted by Toratorn (8070 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember the thing Godzilla blasted to shreds in Godzilla in Hell #5? I asked the writer of the comic and look what was the answer:

No Caption Provided

Godzilla wrecks Sinestro.

#90 Posted by CadeV1 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: Yeah, Godzilla would win a drag out fight, maybe one shot if we want to argue out of character moves like some people argued with Sinestro.

#91 Edited by Gojira2512 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadev1 said:

@toratorn: Yeah, Godzilla would win a drag out fight, maybe one shot if we want to argue out of character moves like some people argued with Sinestro.

Yog-Sothot is a Godlike cosmic entity in HP lovecraft verse he was called the One About All......this means Godzilla in Goes to Hell is a Universe Level Godzilla.

#92 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadev1 said:

Yog-Sothot is a Godlike cosmic entity in HP lovecraft verse he was called the One About All......this means Godzilla in Goes to Hell is a Universe Level Godzilla.

Its a nice thought lol :)

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
#93 Posted by Bullet_to_the_Head (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@chimeroid said:

Deadshot vs Bullseye

#94 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: Technically he said to you if you want it to be Yog-Sothoth then it is. That's a cop out answer I'm afraid, not a more certain confirmation on the writer's part or notes from his script, concrete evidence like that. I assume Yog-Sothoth must be a credible threat if you wanted to find out whether it was in the Godzilla in Hell comic.

I'll try and get a post for Sinestro up soon as I can definitely offer an opinion on high tier battles like this one.

#95 Edited by Toratorn (8070 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yog-Sothoth is universal at the very least. So yeah, pretty powerful. It's not like it was the only extremely powerful entity Godzilla finished off in the comic though...

No Caption Provided

#96 Edited by Gojira2512 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@toratorn: Technically he said to you if you want it to be Yog-Sothoth then it is. That's a cop out answer I'm afraid, not a more certain confirmation on the writer's part or notes from his script, concrete evidence like that. I assume Yog-Sothoth must be a credible threat if you wanted to find out whether it was in the Godzilla in Hell comic.

I'll try and get a post for Sinestro up soon as I can definitely offer an opinion on high tier battles like this one.

Actually Godzilla in Goes to Hell Godzillakilled cosmic monsters like Space Godzilla, Demons, Angels, Kaijus, thenkill Yog- Sothot all this puts Godzilla at Universe Level but as a back up he also killedAbrahamic God in a God Like form Godzilla gets in the story.

The Abrahamic God is conceived of as eternal, omnipotent, omniscient and as the creator of the universe. God is further held to have the properties of holiness, justice,omnibenevolence and omnipresence. Proponents of Abrahamic faiths believe that God is also transcendent, but at the same time personal and involved, listening to prayer and reacting to the actions of his creatures.

Abrahamic Religions

Abrahamic God.

Here a list with Universe creators Abrahamic God is in mythology list and Godzilla is in the Films Catagory of the list.

Universe Creators List

#97 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn:@gojira2512 An unconfirmed vague reference to a universal monster and a featless Abrahamic God. Truly some concrete evidence right there, it's not as if they're unquantifiable, unconfirmed and inconsistent depictions of Godzilla's power right?

#98 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: IMO its more of a soul resistance feat and will power feat. Meaning psychcis and soul manipulators are not doing jack crap to IDW GZ. There is a few good feats though, like blowing up earth with Space GZ, and a handful other feats in durability, and heat beam attacks. Thats just me though. :)

On a side note, i am glad of all the GZ support here. Even if GZ only has 1/3 the votes, I wanted to do a composite IDW GZ vs New 52 Sinestro, or a flat out composite GZ vs Composite Sinestro, but settled on IDW composite vs Pre/New 52 Sinestro.

Seriously though, I suppose a flat out composite GZ would stomp composite Sinestro.

Loading Video...

#99 Posted by Toratorn (8070 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: if he said just God, then yeah, it would be unquantifiable and vague. He however clearly answered yes to the question regarding Abrahamic God, meaning the God from Abrahamic religions. And I'm pretty sure he has feats in all these religious texts.

It's consistent since he was able to kill Yog-Sothoth as well. Vague reference? Writer basically said "it's Yog-Sothoth if you want it to be Yog-Sothoth". It's a clear cut. Also, did you notice that I said "at least" when referring to Yog-Sothoth? Because he is far above universal, as is Abrahamic God IIRC.

You say unquantifiable? Sure, but it's still leagues above Sinestro and every other Lantern in existence. Inconsistent? Two showings against high tier foes, all other times he was only challenged by the monsters of the same leagues. And he was still able to stalemate (at worst) or beat them. Unconfirmed? Is this a joke? I literally asked the writers of the comic and they responded positively. So what's your problem?

#100 Edited by Gojira2512 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@toratorn:@gojira2512 An unconfirmed vague reference to a universal monster and a featless Abrahamic God. Truly some concrete evidence right there, it's not as if they're unquantifiable, unconfirmed and inconsistent depictions of Godzilla's power right?

The writter comfirm it to be Abrahamic God ..... the same comic comfirm that with Cristo Redentor in Brazil, then again in battle with SG the CR begins to rebuild after be destroyed, but as Godzilla finish off God the CR stop his rebuild and become nothing

No Caption Provided

and he is not featless . did you read my post??

The Abrahamic God is conceived of as eternal, omnipotent, omniscient and as the creator of the universe. God is further held to have the properties of holiness, justice,omnibenevolence and omnipresence. Proponents of Abrahamic faiths believe that God is also transcendent, but at the same time personal and involved, listening to prayer and reacting to the actions of his creatures.

a Universe level entity isn't featless lol

After that Angels and Demons begins to praise Godzilla. Of course Godzilla is not merciful and eat them.

No Caption Provided

and as the thing Godzilla Killed in last issue was confirmed by the Dave who is the wrriter to be Yog Sothot.

here is Yog in the comic

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and here is a internet pic I found of him a a creature on top of a mountain with multiple tentacles and eyes all over the body besides being huge.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yog-Sothoth

No Caption Provided

There are clear estates that he is Yog-Sothot . as a back up for writter statement

In the Comic Godzilla needs to kill Yog cos he is the Hell Gate Guradian to scape once an for all from hell.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What the guardian Yog Sothot reps. Is that which cannot be overcome. The one test Godzilla cannot defy or beat.

No Caption Provided

God and Yog-Sothtot are a characters stated with no limits. But the writer of Godzilla Goes to Hell for IDW comics states...

No Caption Provided

Godzilla beats the impossible in each issue.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Toho puts the God in Godzilla!

Special Thanks for@sirfizzwhizzas inspiration for this posts. :)