• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by jashro44 (53659 posts) 3 years, 4 months ago

Poll: Battle Of The Week: Sinestro VS Godzilla (106 votes)

Sinestro 58%
Godzilla 39%
To Close To Call 4%
No Caption Provided

For this week's battle of the week we decided to put the king of all monsters himself Godzilla against the Sinister Sinestro! Who's going to come out on top? You decide!

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • Sinestro has pre and new 52 feats however he is just standard Sinestro with the Yellow Ring (No Parallax)
  • Godzilla is from IDW comics
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 150 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

#1 Posted by BloodBlunts (614 posts) - - Show Bio

I friggin love godzilla man why u gotta me him lose to space hitler. Lol.

#2 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

That's some cool Yellow Lantern/Sinestro art there in the OP.

#3 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

I friggin love godzilla man why u gotta me him lose to space hitler. Lol.

Godzilla wins, he is not losing. Be a good fight though. IDW has this though.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
#4 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool fight. From what I've read of IDW Godzilla, I can't imagine Sinestro losing, but I'll wait to see some arguments before I vote.

#5 Posted by NimaMindTricks (4684 posts) - - Show Bio

How fast is Godzilla? I almost feel like if Sinestro did not want to be tagged by Zilla, he wouldn't.

As of now, I will give it to Sinestro based on smarts, tactical fighting, speed, and his ring. He may win this via internal damages by creating constructs inside Zilla. I also believe Sinestro has a near endless supply of rings, so he can just replenish if he runs dry.

#6 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway here is some feats.

Strength

There is many examples of Godzilla'z strength in the fact he throws around 100,000 tons or more of monsters around like rag dolls.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

But this sums it up best, he can just wreck cities by walking. Not even applying strength or his power. Just casual relax walking is city busting.

Strong enough to catch a slamming claw of Magita fine.

Speed

While Godzilla will never be known for his speed, the fact is he is still super sonic fast when he wants to be.

No Caption Provided

Fully able to tag super sonic jets in front of his face, where it would be the hardest to follow.

No Caption Provided

Able to react to the Supersonic missiles of Mecha Godzilla after they are fired.

No Caption Provided

Reacts to the super sonic buzz saws of Final Wars Gigan.

In the movies Rodan and Battara are said to be Mach 5. We know this is true in itself as Rodan flight is so fast, he destroys a city by his flight path over it. Battara like wise keeps up with Rodan in their fight. Godzilla not only reacts to Rodan and Battara, but he catches Rodan in his attack flight, as well knocks Battara away with his other hand at the same time. Reaction at its best.

Durability

Godzilla best attribute is his Durability and Regen. Both play hand in hand to his best abilities and powers.

Godzilla tanks a massive carpet bomb run to no effect.

No Caption Provided

Godzilla's Eye Ball withstands a Maser shot. These Maser guns can shoot half a mile through solid granite. Yet GZ Eyeball is all the damage it does to him.

Acid that eats through metals, flesh, and even Mecha Godzilla's armor in seconds has little effect.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Godzilla is flown into the upper atmoshere, dropped, and then has over 90,000 tons of Ghidorah stomp on him from the same height. He is fine.

Free falls around a mile into a huge crater crashing impact, and is fine.

Godzilla easily tanks a modern Nuke in the megatons range.

Godzilla tanks the nuclear explosion of a powerplant.

Godzilla is nailed by 3 Nukes underwater. He swims away from the blast making everyone think he was dead. Then later found in the Artic Circle.

Godzilla tanks a city busting energy attack with no issues.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Godzilla survives being trapped in a stated black hole that opens into another dimension which some scientist in the real world belive in. Its easily pulls in two monsters and Mechagodzilla. Godzilla however tanks it and keeps from being killed by it.

Regen

Regen is a huge factor to GZ as well, allowing him to heal and survive attacks that would kill him on the molecule level.

No Caption Provided

In this feat we see Godzilla survives the Oxygen Destroyer which is a chemical that removes all Oxygen in a area. This is devastaing to any living organism as Oxygen is a key substance to living tissue. Without it your sells will die on the molecule level. Godzilla survives this in IDW. As does Heisei, Showa, and some of the Millinium versions of the character.

Godzilla here gets impaled by the Black Hole durable crystals of Space Godzilla, in less than a few panels we see all wounds healed.

Godzilla eyeball regrows in a few panels after getting blown apart by the Maser gun when we see both eyes fine in his fight with Anguirus.

Godzilla heals from the slashes and stabs of Gigan in the next panel.

Heals all the damage shown here from the Dart missiles in two panels.

Godzilla best regen feat is when he catches and holds Destroyah's horn attack. this attack is pure Oxygen Destroyer design to by pass any metal as well any living matter. Godzilla catches it as it sizzles the hell out of his hand, and breaks it off before his hand fully heals.

Heat Beam

Godzilla signature attack is the famous Heat Beam, aka Nuke Breath. This energy attack is pure radiation that consists of intense heats, concussive force, as well lethal doses of radiation.

No Caption Provided

The Heat Beam shown to decimate tanks and cut swaths through skyscrapers.

No Caption Provided

Heat Beam shown to have Nuclear level power.

No Caption Provided

GZ Spiral Ray one shots Destroyah.

GZ powers up and fights a monster 10 times his size, Magita. One shotting him with the Spiral Ray blast when all the other monsters could not harm him at all.

Heat Beam is so powerful, it can bust through a force field empowered by the force of a black hole!

The clashing energies of Godzilla and Space Godzilla busts earth itself. The Moon was also destroyed before earth blows up from their fight.

Nuclear Pulse

The second signature attack of Godzilla is the Nuclear Pulse. A attack of radiation energy that can cover Godzilla's skin or create a omni directional blast.

No Caption Provided

Used to fry all the Destroyah creatures around and on him with pure nuclear energy.

No Caption Provided

Used here to destroy all the ise encasing him.

No Caption Provided

Impressive show of power here. These mecha Godzilla's show their force fields are immune to the Heat Beam's power, but Godzilla's Nuclear Pulse knocks them all down.

No Caption Provided

Nuke pulses a monster twice Godzilla's size.

Flight

Godzilla can fly in a fashion.

#7 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@nimamindtricks said:

How fast is Godzilla? I almost feel like if Sinestro did not want to be tagged by Zilla, he wouldn't.

As of now, I will give it to Sinestro based on smarts, tactical fighting, speed, and his ring. He may win this via internal damages by creating constructs inside Zilla. I also believe Sinestro has a near endless supply of rings, so he can just replenish if he runs dry.

Proof he can over power the healing and durability? Even eternal attacks would be limited when GZ is attacking at the same time.

Sinesto is not a speedster. He never uses super speed, or speed blitz, so that argument is out of the window.

@elijah_c_washington said:

Cool fight. From what I've read of IDW Godzilla, I can't imagine Sinestro losing, but I'll wait to see some arguments before I vote.

I posted feats that would make Wonder Woman look weak in comparison, and she busts Sinestros shields fine lol.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Even Lobo who by strength feats is below GZ better ones overpower the constructs. Wonder Woman is below GZ in strength as well. before anyone says she is Superman level, she is not! Superman can move planets on his own, and Wonder Woman never could. Even Pre Crisis Superman cannot move planets by himself, and even Wonder Woman with help of MM and Superman could not move earth LOL.

No Caption Provided

Yet GZ is busting planets and moons under his power with only help from Space GZ who GZ overpowers all he time.

My views is Sinestro will try to block with the same shields that are broken time and again by beings less than the energy output GZ has here. Planet busting and casual moon busting attacks which is far less than the feats of characters that broken Hals and Sinestros shields.

GZ like wise has the durability equal to guys like Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and more high tiers, and good Regen on top of that. So I give it to IDW GZ.

I dont see Sinestro beating heaven and hell :)

No Caption Provided

Godzilla could very well beat Sinestro and take his ring. IDW Version anyway....

#8 Edited by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I'd like my BotW suggestion to be taken into consideration:

No Caption Provided

#9 Edited by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Those scans... one of them was Injustice. Regardless, I'm still not sold on Godzilla tagging Sinestro much, which is one of the main reasons I think Sinestro can take him.

#10 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@elijah_c_washington: I know, I was showing scans of pre crisis as well. There is a consistent weakness of shields shown time and again to someone of GZ weight class and Sinestros shields would not hold at all vs GZ serious heat beams.

As for speed, show me Sinestro being speedy in fights. He never does. Meanwhile GZ can and does tag Mach + foes all the time.

#11 Edited by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

There is a consistent weakness of shields shown time and again to someone of GZ weight class and Sinestros shields would not hold at all vs GZ serious heat beams.

Well, I'm not sold on this entirely. As much as you can argue his constructs are consistently weak with five low showings (two of which aren't from relevant continuities), you could easily argue that they would hold. His shields have withstood against more than Godzilla before, but I don't want to debate against a character I have limited knowledge on with a character I'm only vaguely familiar with.

As for speed, show me Sinestro being speedy in fights. He never does. Meanwhile GZ can and does tag Mach + foes all the time.

I don't think you understood what I meant. I don't believe Sinestro is going to be zooming all over the place and moving faster than Godzilla can react, I just believe he could react to Godzilla's own attacks relatively easily. But like I said, I don't want to debate this myself, but rather watch the arguments that spawn and vote off of that.

#12 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@elijah_c_washington: fair enough, however, Sinestro shields are beaten by weaker forces all the time in all versions of his character, and his own attacks never busted a planet or a moon for that matter.

But anyone willing to debate this I will debate them on it.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
#13 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Fly far away from Godzilla.

2. Create spikes inside him.

Repeat until GZ dies...

I guess thats how Sinestro could or would win....

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#14 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read idw Godzilla extensively and unless he got a lot more powerful in the past year or so Sinestro wins

#15 Posted by Lucano (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@digitalshooter9: Not against a foe that has black hole durability. Sinestro's constructs are not THAT strong, since they consistently get destroyed by Superman level characters and sometimes below that. And even if the constructs actually harmed Godzilla, his regen is ridiculously fast. I do think Godzilla wins this, probably a long fight tho, because it would take a while for Godzilla to tag Sinestro, mostly due to very controlled and free flight, but I don't think Sinestro could take much more than a few spiral beams or pulses. Sinestro could spam beams from space, but is not like Godzilla has not destroyed targets in space either.

#16 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@digitalshooter9 said:

1. Fly far away from Godzilla.

2. Create spikes inside him.

Repeat until GZ dies...

I guess thats how Sinestro could or would win....

So he fly far enough that GZ heat beam which reaches orbit, cannot touch him? He BFR himself then :)

@lucano said:

@digitalshooter9: Not against a foe that has black hole durability. Sinestro's constructs are not THAT strong, since they consistently get destroyed by Superman level characters and sometimes below that. And even if the constructs actually harmed Godzilla, his regen is ridiculously fast. I do think Godzilla wins this, probably a long fight tho, because it would take a while for Godzilla to tag Sinestro, mostly due to very controlled and free flight, but I don't think Sinestro could take much more than a few spiral beams or pulses. Sinestro could spam beams from space, but is not like Godzilla has not destroyed targets in space either.

Problem is BFR is on, and Sinestro runs away into space is self BFR. basically he wins by running away? not at all, Sinestro fans have to do better than that.

Though i would not doubt Sinestro winning polls.

#17 Posted by Lucano (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: I know, I do agree completely with you on Godzilla taking this, I just think it could take a while, but Godzilla can take, long, painful fights like they're walks in the park.

And yeah, Sinestro is surely taking the poll... :/

#18 Edited by Toratorn (7519 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: actually, Godzilla was buried by these nukes. He didnt swim away. However, according to Word of God, he burrowed his way out later, faced and defeated Megalon later and then emerged somewhere where he was frozen into an iceberg.

Also, there was no indication that the Dimensional Tide sends them to another dimension. It was said to shoot black hiles multiple times and it was shown to annihilate Gigan and Kiryu.

But yeah, I am sure Goji can take this fine. Surviving black hole and hottest layer of Hell gives him durability above what Sinestro can dish out. His regen is good enough to heal decapitation in seconds and heal from being completely devoured by demons, so Sinestro creating constructs inside of him won't help at all. His beam was contributing half the energy to blow up the Earth and spread the rubble past the Moon's orbit, which was calced at large planet level. And it was just a regular Atomic Breath, while he has more powerful Spiral Breath. The only thing that is on Sinestro's side is speed, since Godzilla's best speed feat is reacting to SpaceGodzilla's crystals flying from Moon to Earth in seconds while Sinestro is FTL or something like that. Though since he can't hurt Goji at all, it's only a matter of time when he goes down.

#19 Posted by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#20 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

Rereading the op - BFR is fine. Godzilla gets ported to the anti matter verse

#21 Posted by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Godzilla survives being trapped in a stated black hole that opens into another dimension which some scientist in the real world belive in. Its easily pulls in two monsters and Mechagodzilla. Godzilla however tanks it and keeps from being killed by it.

#22 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Show me Sinestro BFRing people as the norm I never seen him do it once much less as a common thing he does at all. Though it is good to know the only way he can win is by doing something out of character as BFR since he has no way to deal with Gojira. Though if one want to play that dumb game I can say GZ out of character goes straight for the Spiral Ray and one shots.

#23 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

@sirfizzwhizz: actually, Godzilla was buried by these nukes. He didnt swim away. However, according to Word of God, he burrowed his way out later, faced and defeated Megalon later and then emerged somewhere where he was frozen into an iceberg.

Also, there was no indication that the Dimensional Tide sends them to another dimension. It was said to shoot black hiles multiple times and it was shown to annihilate Gigan and Kiryu.

I know he tunneled out, but he did swam to the Antartic. Where was the Megalon fight?

I am only going by what the Dimension Tide of the same name from the movie does.

No Caption Provided

It stated to not be able to kill GZ, but at best trap him for all eternity. Thats pretty much another dimension to hold him prisoner, though that may not be the right choice of words.

#24 Posted by Sy8000 (35707 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

I posted feats that would make Wonder Woman look weak in comparison, and she busts Sinestros shields fine lol.

The first two scans was a clone. The last one was Injustice.

Sinestro's constructs aren't even the problem presented when fighting him. His aura/forcefield is much more durable. Though for the record Sinestro's constructs have blocked attacks from the Weaponer who used a white lantern powered shield which let him solo Kyle, John, Ganthet and a bunch of other Green Lanterns so they aren't without feats.

#25 Edited by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: nice to know you still like putting words in people's mouth

#26 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: And none of this changes the fact the Sinestro like all non White Lanterns, certain Lanterns not named Larfleeze (Seriously that is a real powerful Lantern lol) have their shields broken by less than moon busting attacks, which is what IDW is comfortably at, and even powerful enough to blow half the planet in rubble by feats. Sinestro has never fought a being as strong as GZ, with great regen, except Lobo who decimated Sinestro. Godzilla has a lot more versatile powers, and range that Lobo does not as well.

Be a fun match to watch, but GZ wins.

@sirfizzwhizz: nice to know you still like putting words in people's mouth

Funny, I dont see a real counter here. You did state the only way he wins is a move like BFR which he never does in a fight. That is basically all you said, and I called you out on it.

#27 Edited by Toratorn (7519 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: as I said, it was stated by the writer that Godzilla burrowed out and faced Megalon underground. They planned to show that in comic but didn't because of the restrains. I'm gonna try to find the statement.

Oh. But that means that Godzilla both survived getting sucked into a black hole, survived it's implosion AND resisted BFR to another dimension. Neat. Thanks for info.

#28 Posted by Sy8000 (35707 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: And none of this changes the fact the Sinestro like all non White Lanterns, certain Lanterns not named Larfleeze (Seriously that is a real powerful Lantern lol) have their shields broken by less than moon busting attacks, which is what IDW is comfortably at, and even powerful enough to blow half the planet in rubble by feats. Sinestro has never fought a being as strong as GZ, with great regen, except Lobo who decimated Sinestro. Godzilla has a lot more versatile powers, and range that Lobo does not as well.

Be a fun match to watch, but GZ wins.

When have Sinestro's shields been broken by less than moon busting force? Really what happens to other Lanterns is irrelevant here because Sinestro is probably the biggest tank among them. Ion Kyle's constructs broke on his aura. The Weaponer's White Lantern constructs that held Ganthet and John Stewart broke on his aura. Sinestro's own home planet blowing up on him didn't do anything other than make him depressed. Mongul with 10 rings that made him powerful enough to significantly injure Sodam Yat and match his power along with Kyle and Guy couldn't put Sinestro down. Hell his own constructs broke on his aura when Lobo slammed them into him (and Lobo didn't "decimate" Sinestro. Where are you getting that from?).

#29 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

So I figure I write my post why GZ wins.

Strength

Sinestro may be able to lift more, though non of his feats support this. Godzilla still is in the millions of tons level, at least this version is. considering the power sets being used here though, strength is not important.

Durability

Godzilla all day. IDW GZ has taken blow after blow from Toho's best monsters in gauntlets with no lasting damage. Tanks free falls that shake the earth. tanks super nukes with no damage. He even survives molecular level attacks with little damage. He is a beast, and if you add in the healing factor, he is even that much better. Healing eyeballs in a few panels, and deep gashes in seconds.

Stamina

IDW just like Final Wars fights on average a gauntlet of Toho's best in a non stop gauntlet, and still comes out on top. Sinestro relies on a limited charge of his ring. the more powerful attacks, the more it drains. GZ is a self powered Nuclear Factory of energy, and can fight multiple Toho Monsters for days straight with no slowing down. Sinestro uses a few good attacks, and he is low on power, being drained in hour or less long fights. GZ will simply again out last him. Sinestro on the other hand has shields to protect him, but these shields in all versions across DC are busted time and again by beings less than GZ, much less the energy output GZ can put out. One good shot, and Sinestro is fried.

Speed

Sinestro can fly fast as hell.... thats it In battles Sinestro is not a speedster anymore than say Grundy. Like all lanterns he can set his ring to react for him, but that does not matter. In this fight Godzilla is mach+ speeds in reaction, and physical attack speed. GZ nuclear attacks reach orbit of space in seconds. So Sinestro is not winning a speed point, but neither is GZ.

Energy Attacks

This is where the arguments for Sinestro rely on. he can be very versatile with that ring, but the issue is IDW is so much stronger in energy attacks. GZ has already busted a Black Hole powered Force Field with his normal Heat Beam. GZ has busted earth with his energy clashing with Space Godzilla. GZ heat beam on normal low settings hits with more force than modern Nukes. Then you have GZ Red Spiral Ray able to one shot beings that the normal Heat Beam cannot. All this is leagues above the stand alone feats of Sinestro. Even if you wish to scale Sinestro with guys like Hal, Kyle, or say John who attempted, and failed making a small solar stystem is not proving Sinestro is able to do in feats what GZ can without draining his ring heavily. While Sinestro also can make stabbing attacks, or internal attacks, this fails as well over all. GZ still has more durability than mongul JR of New 52, which the internal attacks work on, and GZ still has a high level Regen. Any construct can be countered and shattered by a Nuclear Pulse as well. Godzilla is just more useful in this energy slinging match.

BFR

Not happening. Sinestro simply does not teleport people into other dimensions in fights. if one want to argue this, you not only admit Sinestro is weaker, but also admit that out of character moves can apply to GZ as well. GZ uses Spiral ray off the bat, GG. BFRing Godzilla in space or such is also not valid, being negated in two ways. One is Nuclear Pulse or strength alone to bust out of any construct Second, GZ from IDW like Showa can fly to a degree.

Conclusion

So while the fight may be fun to watch, and brutal, the fact remains IDW GZ is one of the most powerful versions of Godzilla. Maybe the strongest, beating easily Final Wars and Buring godzilla in power. Marvel Godzilla being beaten out as well. IDW has done a lot for GZ fans, and this version base on those IDW comics would beat a New/Pre 52 Sinestro.

#30 Posted by Toratorn (7519 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: here, I found that interview with Chris Mowry where he says about off-screen Megalon fight: http://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/matt_frank_chris_mowry_09-2015.html

#31 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

@sirfizzwhizz: as I said, it was stated by the writer that Godzilla burrowed out and faced Megalon underground. They planned to show that in comic but didn't because of the restrains. I'm gonna try to find the statement.

Oh. But that means that Godzilla both survived getting sucked into a black hole, survived it's implosion AND resistant BFR to another dimension. Neat. Thanks for info.

That been great to shown, Megalon only had one fight in the whole series and I like Megalon

No problem :)

When have Sinestro's shields been broken by less than moon busting force? Really what happens to other Lanterns is irrelevant here because Sinestro is probably the biggest tank among them. Ion Kyle's constructs broke on his aura. The Weaponer's White Lantern constructs that held Ganthet and John Stewart broke on his aura. Sinestro's own home planet blowing up on him didn't do anything other than make him depressed. Mongul with 10 rings that made him powerful enough to significantly injure Sodam Yat and match his power along with Kyle and Guy couldn't put Sinestro down. Hell his own constructs broke on his aura when Lobo slammed them into him (and Lobo didn't "decimate" Sinestro. Where are you getting that from?).

That is neat, and true, but again this is a stamina match. Whole the shields and constructs break all the time, the stronger "aura' is still going to drain through out the fight well before this version of GZ gets tiered. Sinestro has a limited time frame extending his ring's energy at the levels of this fight would demand, and GZ has unlimited self made energy with regen to boot. Hell even a planet exploding blast would drain much his energy, and to say it wont is not supported by his many losses in Post Crisis and New 52.

GZ meanwhile can overpower the sum tap energy of a black hole, and nuke the planet. Something Post Crisis Superman can never do, as he had trouble busting moons. Post Crisis Supes would and does own Sinestro, and New 52 like wise going all out would do the same. The aura argument is not enough in a hour long fight of this level.

#32 Posted by Gokurot (136 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Way to low ball the Heroes and give the best feat of Godzilla, seriously, there are so many types of Godzilla and most would get curbstomped.

#33 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokurot said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Way to low ball the Heroes and give the best feat of Godzilla, seriously, there are so many types of Godzilla and most would get curbstomped.

Cool story bro, too bad this is not most versions, but one of the top three versions. I in fact can twist this around and say most versions of Sinestro get crush by GZ as well. Injustice, DCAU, Movie Versions, and more would get crush by most Godzilla versions.

So your argument then becomes pretty moot.

#34 Posted by Sy8000 (35707 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

GZ meanwhile can overpower the sum tap energy of a black hole, and nuke the planet. Something Post Crisis Superman can never do, as he had trouble busting moons. Post Crisis Supes would and does own Sinestro, and New 52 like wise going all out would do the same. The aura argument is not enough in a hour long fight of this level.

Superman wouldn't own Sinestro. What on Earth would make you say that? If anything the fact that Sinestro nearly one-shotted Ion Kyle suggests Superman would stand little chance...

I am making a longer counter to your longer post but you have many things very wrong here.

#35 Posted by Sy8000 (35707 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Alright I'm not trying to argue against Godzilla winning because I don't feel like it, in fact I'm not even going to vote because my understanding of him would originate solely from your scan dump which I don't feel like sifting through but I will correct you on some things here:

Godzilla all day. IDW GZ has taken blow after blow from Toho's best monsters in gauntlets with no lasting damage. Tanks free falls that shake the earth. tanks super nukes with no damage. He even survives molecular level attacks with little damage. He is a beast, and if you add in the healing factor, he is even that much better. Healing eyeballs in a few panels, and deep gashes in seconds.

How exactly are these as impressive as Ion Kyle and the Weaponer having their constructs literally break on Sinestro?

Sinestro relies on a limited charge of his ring. the more powerful attacks, the more it drains.

That's not how rings work. They run out of time because they have a time limit, I've never seen them actually expand their charge just by throwing around energy attacks.

Sinestro uses a few good attacks, and he is low on power, being drained in hour or less long fights.

It takes 24 hours for a ring to run dry and he can just bring out his battery and Sinestro can just pull out his battery and re-charge. The ring doesn't actually function at less than full efficiency until it's completely gone.

Sinestro on the other hand has shields to protect him, but these shields in all versions across DC are busted time and again by beings less than GZ,

When exactly? Because I've read a boatload of Sinestro's appearances and his shields are the most consistently durable amongst all Lanterns.

This is where the arguments for Sinestro rely on. he can be very versatile with that ring, but the issue is IDW is so much stronger in energy attacks.

Sinestro nearly one-shotted Ion Kyle who can tank planets blowing up unharmed even without Ion. Hell he even drilled a hole in the First Lantern's chest which stunned him enough to make his attempts to destroy Korugar cease. Yes Volthoom wasn't at full power here but he was still powerful enough to one-shot the Corps, White Lantern Kyle and the Guardians and tank Korugar's destruction unharmed as far as durability goes.

Sinestro can compete in energy attacks.

Sinestro also can make stabbing attacks, or internal attacks, this fails as well over all. GZ still has more durability than mongul JR of New 52, which the internal attacks work on, and GZ still has a high level Regen.

Godzilla isn't more durable than Ganthet who Sinestro stabbed in the chest. Ganthet and other Guardians are powerful enough to stomp Kyle and Kilowag and tank their best hits without any damage.

#36 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Dat Sinestro pic. New Feb wallpaper. As for the fight I'm gonna say Sinestro wins through BFR. His shields should be able to withstand Godzillas attacks and have defensive constructs to contain his radiation. IDW Godzilla is a powerhouse and has great regen, durability, ferocious tenacity, and intellect for a monster. Sinestro will have to constantly keep all of this down. I see him winning by either containing Godzilla, since Lanterns have been known to contain supernovas or BFRing him into space.

#37 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

Superman wouldn't own Sinestro. What on Earth would make you say that? If anything the fact that Sinestro nearly one-shotted Ion Kyle suggests Superman would stand little chance...

BS.

• http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/sinestro-vs-superman-391842/
  • http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/superman-vs-sinestro-640731/
  • http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/sinestro-atrocitus-vs-superman-565313/
  • http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/sinestro-vs-black-adam-vs-superman-vs-cap-marvel-v-1462301/
  • http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/superman-and-hal-jordan-vs-sinestro-and-atrocitus-649833/

Plenty of threads where Sinestro is rated or argued below Superman. Post and new 52 versions. While these are arguments and votes from others, one high end feat for Sinestro compares to the MANY High ends for Superman? Nope.

I am making a longer counter to your longer post but you have many things very wrong here.

Please back it with scans. I rather you show proof than make a large post of just baseless rambles on feats I rather see for myself.

#38 Posted by Sy8000 (35707 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

Plenty of threads where Sinestro is rated or argued below Superman. Post and new 52 versions. While these are arguments and votes from others, one high end feat for Sinestro compares to the MANY High ends for Superman? Nope.

I don't care what other people say, I'm asking what the actual argument is. There are none in those threads, and in fact the more recent the posts the more heavily they seemed to support Sinestro.

And yes Sinestro's one high end feat compares to Superman's, and I would say it's better in fact but not his only one either (see above post).

Please back it with scans. I rather you show proof than make a large post of just baseless rambles on feats I rather see for myself.

Not everyone likes to go by excessive scan dumping but I'll indulge you. Give me a moment.

#39 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerevarine_11 said:

Dat Sinestro pic. New Feb wallpaper. As for the fight I'm gonna say Sinestro wins through BFR. His shields should be able to withstand Godzillas attacks and have defensive constructs to contain his radiation. IDW Godzilla is a powerhouse and has great regen, durability, ferocious tenacity, and intellect for a monster. Sinestro will have to constantly keep all of this down. I see him winning by either containing Godzilla, since Lanterns have been known to contain supernovas or BFRing him into space.

BFR in space wont work. GZ can fly back However if the only way Sinestro can win is BFR, then GZ wins pretty much the fight.

How exactly are these as impressive as Ion Kyle and the Weaponer having their constructs literally break on Sinestro?

How is this one time high end impressive to the many average or low ends Sinestro has?

That's not how rings work. They run out of time because they have a time limit, I've never seen them actually expand their charge just by throwing around energy attacks.

Thats not what I seen, or have been debated on in CaVs with Hal Jordan and such. They are not unlimited energy base on time, why else did Johns ring drain failing to make a solar system. He did not have the energy. There is other countless examples in past debates with energy limited in the ring, and by Green Lantern fans no less. That is just the worst argument..

It takes 24 hours for a ring to run dry and he can just bring out his battery and Sinestro can just pull out his battery and re-charge. The ring doesn't actually function at less than full efficiency until it's completely gone.

So he reachrges in a middle of a fight? KOed.

When exactly? Because I've read a boatload of Sinestro's appearances and his shields are the most consistently durable amongst all Lanterns.

I showed some feats, and if Sinestro is anything like Atorcitus, Hal, Kyle, ect (characters who beaten Sinestro as many times as he beaten them) who in turn have their shields busted by less, then GZ should handily as well.

This is where the arguments for Sinestro rely on. he can be very versatile with that ring, but the issue is IDW is so much stronger in energy attacks.

Sinestro nearly one-shotted Ion Kyle who can tank planets blowing up unharmed even without Ion.

Its funny how you keep bringing up this one only feat. I can easily argue till I am blue in the face how Godzilla over powered Biblical Hell and Heaven in Godzilla In Hell IDW comics You dont see me using that like a end all be all feat though lmao.

Hell he even drilled a hole in the First Lantern's chest which stunned him enough to make his attempts to destroy Korugar cease. Yes Volthoom wasn't at full power here but he was still powerful enough to one-shot the Corps, White Lantern Kyle and the Guardians and tank Korugar's destruction unharmed as far as durability goes.

Ye4t he been harm by far less more often than not.

Sinestro can compete in energy attacks.

Nope, All you shown so far is baseless ABC Logic. Your argument boil down to "Sinestro match or beat so and so in some context left out fight, so he is as strong or stronger." Show me some stand alone feats that beat out GZ own instead of this flawed, and context left at the door argument you are bringing here mate.

Godzilla isn't more durable than Ganthet who Sinestro stabbed in the chest. Ganthet and other Guardians are powerful enough to stomp Kyle and Kilowag and tank their best hits without any damage.

Ganthet was overpowered? Nope, and many Green lantern fans will point out some context to the Sky Father level Ganthet being stabbed lmao. Again your using one time high ends that is missing some sort of context in a failed ABC logic to overhype Sinestro instead of showing stand alone feats he has to match IDW GZ.

I also still rte GZ beating and overpowering Heaven and hell, the Biblical forces that make the universe and beyond, as better than BS ABC logic your applying.

@highaccuser said:

Not everyone likes to go by excessive scan dumping but I'll indulge you. Give me a moment.

No, like most people, you post out of context feats that are over hype and are not quantifiable at all to say " nuh uh, my dad can beat your dad." arguments. Most of your posts are ABC logic :/

In fact not one person voting Sinestro has made a valid argument of BFR which is not a factor, and no one has yet to backed their empty words with scans or proof lol.

#40 Posted by Gojira2512 (2178 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla one shot

No Caption Provided

Godzilla Wins

#41 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by Sy8000 (35707 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Scans of the feats I mentioned as per request:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

I left out the bit with Mongul as I assume you've seen the scans (they're well know and you mentioned him). The Volthoom scan is there twice by mistake.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
#43 Posted by EmperorxHadesx420 (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro

#44 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Sy8000 (35707 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Sy8000 (35707 posts) - - Show Bio

But what if he had to rip a bong to bring back Korugar?

Then his iron will would let him smoke a literal ton of weed before passing out. Can Godzilla contend?

#48 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

Then his iron will would let him smoke a literal ton of weed before passing out. Can Godzilla contend?

@sirfizzwhizz

#49 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser : Thanks for the feats.

1) Ganthet was not prepared for any attack, and looked to be calmly talking a matter before being stabbed out of nowhere, hardly a battle feat between the two.

2) Kyle was already engaging tons of yellow Lanterns at the same time before Sinestro made his move, yet this played no role? Riiiight.

3) That is Green Lantern Sinestro, not Yellow Lantern. Totally different ways to apply overall power lol. Plus all he could do was hurt, which is not the same as damaging or beating. So its really not that quantifiable or valid of a feat. Was it a bee sting? Felt like a punch? You cannot say.Also it looks clear cut he was KOed before opnening his eyes at the end, and was powerless to the planet busting attack that took time to do by the foe.

In short this whole section of feat is just not valid as a argument.

4) I see Sinestro barely blocking a attack that has never been shown to bust a moon by itself by said Weaponeer. Yaaawn.

@comicstooge said:

@sirfizzwhizz: @highaccuser: The real question is - who can smoke more weed before falling asleep?

lol

#50 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:
@comicstooge said:

@sirfizzwhizz

I feel, in my expertise of studying the GZ creature, that GZ will not pass out ever.

No Caption Provided

He inhales stronger stuff than weed, and inhaled whole monsters without passing out.