ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@frozen said:

@randomsid said:

I see, so because you can't argue the mathematics you decide to be mindless trolls. Ok, have fun being idiots.

The irony.

The mathematics is sound, but you idiots are here trying to make it look like it isn't. Anyone with even half a brain could do the calculations. So yes, you are trolling and only succeeding in looking like complete morons to anyone with half a brain. I will not reply anymore until you guys grow up.

Maths and fiction aren't compatible, son. If they were, Superman couldn't fly FTL.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@randomsid: I recently took a flight abroad. The plane was traveling at more than 600MPH. I quickly ran down to the other end of the plane to request more food from the flight attendant.

Little did I know, that as I was running, I was technically running at more than 600MPH, thereby becoming the fastest man on the planet.

Loading Video...

LMAO

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, so because I got bored here are the figures for the train feat. For this it assumes a person is watching from the side of the tracks as she runs down the top of the train and jumps onto the bridge.

Let's mark a place as zero [the person watching from the side of the train] so that the distance the train travels is.

DT = 70 * t

where DT is the distance from the person measured along the tracks and t is the time in hours. Now the persons distance, DP, from that same person, is the distance of the train minus the speed s the person is running in the opposite direction or

DP = 70 * t - s * t = (70 - s ) * t

or, since DP is zero

s = 70 mph.

And, just because I'm still bored I will explain why the same cannot be said about the running along the inside of a plane moving at 600 miles per hour. First, to a person outside the plane watching from the ground the plane would go by in seconds. Second, even though you are running along the plane, the plane is still moving, you are not in the same place compared to the ground, you have lost many miles in that run. Whereas in her feat, she did not lose any ground. She ran fast enough that even though the train was moving at 70 miles per hour underneath her, she still was able to grab and hold onto the bridge.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Jason Todd was able to grab onto a subway despite being kicked in the face and injured.

Damian still chumped him.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Jason Todd was able to grab onto a subway despite being kicked in the face and injured.

The only scan you showed, show Damian getting a single hit on him. Not exactly "chumping" someone.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge said:

The only scan you showed, show Damian getting a single hit on him. Not exactly "chumping" someone.

It is when he disarmed him, stole his helmet and Jason was unable to land a hit on Damian in response.

It's not as if Hit-Girl could ever perform so well against someone of Jason calibre, no matter how many trains she runs on top of.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#507  Edited By Wardemon32
No Caption Provided

Hmm. So a train going 70MPH couldn't reach that bride in under 15 seconds?

No Caption Provided

Looking at this image we can determine that they are about 100 feet at most away from eachother [Bridge/Big Daddy and Hit-Girl] but I'll just say 200. If the train was moving that fast then then shouldn't it have reached the bridge in half a second? Unless you're willing to argue that the distance in the picture is 15000 feet away and my eyes are lying to me. That train was only actually moving about 13 feet per second if you want to use math.

Excuse me while I try to wrap this around my head.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508  Edited By RandomSid82

@wardemon32: Except for the fact that we do not know how many rail cars the train has. That makes a big difference in how long she had to run on top of the train. There is no way to tell how many rail cars there are, or what type of rail cars. However, even using the smallest rail cars, and assuming there are only say 40 rail cars. That would be 55'5" for the length of the car, and another 10 feet for the connections, making an average of 65'5" per car. That's roughly 2600 feet not counting the engine car, so lets just say 2650 feet. And we will use your 200 feet away even though I think it's a little farther. A train traveling at 70 miles per hour travels roughly 102 feet per second, so that would give her 27 seconds. Even if it only had 20 rail cars, she would have had enough time moving at 70 miles per hour.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509  Edited By Wardemon32

@randomsid said:

@wardemon32: Except for the fact that we do not know how many rail cars the train has. That makes a big difference in how long she had to run on top of the train. There is no way to tell how many rail cars there are, or what type of rail cars. However, even using the smallest rail cars, and assuming there are only say 40 rail cars. That would be 55'5" for the length of the car, and another 10 feet for the connections, making an average of 65'5" per car. That's roughly 2600 feet not counting the engine car, so lets just say 2650 feet. And we will use your 200 feet away even though I think it's a little farther. A train traveling at 70 miles per hour travels roughly 102 feet per second, so that would give her 27 seconds. Even if it only had 20 rail cars, she would have had enough time moving at 70 miles per hour.

I don't understand the logic you are using at all. It doesn't matter how many rail cars there is on the train. Once she attempts to get on top the timer starts the same way - whether its the third cart or the second to last cart. She's still going to be at the same distance at the end of the day.

"You'll have 15 seconds to get to the top, but any hesitations and we'll miss each other."(Big Daddy, Scan 2).

The size of the train does not matter here. You already said you think it's a little more than 200(which it's not) but what if your definition of was double. She'd be 400 feet away and the train would be traveling at "70MPH". You do the calculations and she'd only have 2 seconds or so.

200 feet away=Distance between her and the bridge.

70MPH=The supposed train speed.

That would not give her 27 seconds. By saying that, you already admit that Big Daddy was wrong abouthow long she has so what's to say he isn't wrong about how fast the train is going?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid:

I'm tired so I made a couple mistakes in that post. I edited it.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511  Edited By RandomSid82

@wardemon32: Ahh, I was thinking 15 seconds to get to the bridge, not to get to the top of the train. I'll have to take another look.

No Caption Provided

Hmm, after looking it over again, it looks like they simply put the wrong word in. I mean, he tells her "Just remember to head to the roof and jump when you see me waving from the bridge" right before he mentions having 15 seconds. I believe what is meant is that once she gets on the train she will have 15 seconds to get to the bridge, not the top of the train.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid

Ahh, I was thinking 15 seconds to get to the bridge, not to get to the top of the train. I'll have to take another look.

It's the same thing in this case since she just made it. One second and her legs would have been gone.

So since it's 200 feet and they are going 102fps according to Big Daddy, the train would have to reach the bridge in just under 2 seconds. Yet he said she had 15 seconds to get to the top. If she has 15 seconds to get to the top then that's 13FPS which is 9 MPH. Trains shouldn't even be moving that slow and based off of the distance and what Big Daddy said, the entire feat doesn't make any sense. You take the feat for what ti actually is instead of Big Daddys guess which seems to be WAY OFF then she is no where near 70MPH.

Hmm, after looking it over again, it looks like they simply put the wrong word in. I mean, he tells her "Just remember to head to the roof and jump when you see me waving from the bridge" right before he mentions having 15 seconds. I believe what is meant is that once she gets on the train she will have 15 seconds to get to the bridge, not the top of the train.

He also says that they'll miss each other if she hesitates meaning that she would die. So I'm pretty sure that she had that 15 seconds to climb up and get on top or she would have hit the wall. Once she gets on top she says that it was easy. This indicates that she was referencing her getting in the 15 second time frame.

@frozen@comicstooge

I guess the Hit-Girl fans have one less thing to say about her.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513  Edited By RandomSid82

@wardemon32 said:

@randomsid

Ahh, I was thinking 15 seconds to get to the bridge, not to get to the top of the train. I'll have to take another look.

It's the same thing in this case since she just made it. One second and her legs would have been gone.

So since it's 200 feet and they are going 102fps according to Big Daddy, the train would have to reach the bridge in just under 2 seconds. Yet he said she had 15 seconds to get to the top. If she has 15 seconds to get to the top then that's 13FPS which is 9 MPH. Trains shouldn't even be moving that slow and based off of the distance and what Big Daddy said, the entire feat doesn't make any sense. You take the feat for what ti actually is instead of Big Daddys guess which seems to be WAY OFF then she is no where near 70MPH.

He also says that they'll miss each other if she hesitates meaning that she would die. So I'm pretty sure that she had that 15 seconds to climb up and get on top or she would have hit the wall. Once she gets on top she says that it was easy. This indicates that she was referencing her getting in the 15 second time frame.

@frozen@comicstooge

Yeah, I'm sorry but this doesn't change anything. You are going by assumption and nothing else. It wouldn't have made sense for him to tell her that she needs to jump when she see's him and then tell her that she had 15 seconds to get on top of the train. It was a simply typo. People aren't perfect, even comic book editor's. They miss things. The 15 seconds was the time she had after she got to the top of the train to get to the bridge before the end of the train.

Edit: I don't really expect a response, but I found a way to send a message to Mark Millar(creator of Kick-Ass) and asked him about this. Maybe he will surprise me and actually reply about it.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32 said:

@randomsid

@frozen@comicstooge

Yeah, I'm sorry but this doesn't change anything. You are going by assumption and nothing else. It wouldn't have made sense for him to tell her that she needs to jump when she see's him and then tell her that she had 15 seconds to get on top of the train. It was a simply typo. People aren't perfect, even comic book editor's. They miss things. The 15 seconds was the time she had after she got to the top of the train to get to the bridge before the end of the train.

Edit: I don't really expect a response, but I found a way to send a message to Mark Millar(creator of Kick-Ass) and asked him about this. Maybe he will surprise me and actually reply about it.

I doubt Mark Millar cares about an internet forum debate.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid:

What assumptions? You talk about me making assumptions when you aren't even sure yourself? She had 15 seconds to get on top of the train and she barely made it. The reason she had 15 seconds is because by 16-17 seconds the train would have went under the tunnel. Meaning:

1. If she was still under the train she wouldn't be able to get on top.
  2. If she was at the side of teh train she would have hit into the wall.

Once she got on the train she was supposed to be going 70MPH. It shouldn't take 15 seconds for a train going 70MPH to reach 200 feet. Accept the fact and stop being in denial. She can't run at 70MPH. And what difference does it make asking someone who messed up the whole scene?

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid:

What assumptions? You talk about me making assumptions when you aren't even sure yourself? She had 15 seconds to get on top of the train and she barely made it. The reason she had 15 seconds is because by 16-17 seconds the train would have went under the tunnel. Meaning:

1. If she was still under the train she wouldn't be able to get on top.
  2. If she was at the side of teh train she would have hit into the wall.

Once she got on the train she was supposed to be going 70MPH. It shouldn't take 15 seconds for a train going 70MPH to reach 200 feet. Accept the fact and stop being in denial. She can't run at 70MPH. And what difference does it make asking someone who messed up the whole scene?

You are making assumptions about what he meant by it. You are making assumptions about how far away the train is. Those are the assumptions you are making. As to what difference it makes, he is the one that wrote the scene, so therefore he would be the one to know what he meant for that scene to show. That being said, I don't really expect to get an answer but, at least I sent a message. Better to get an answer from the source than to continue to assume anything.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#517 owie  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@owie said:

@lukehero said:

@owie: Even the classic versions of those Spidey villains would still stomp Damian. Expect maybe non powered Tombstone. Or None Powered Scarecrow, yeah. Non Powered Scarecrow and limit him to 10 crows.

Even Vulture, Killer Shrike, or the Enforcers? I don't think they're out of his league. I like your list though.

Vulture would. He was beating daredevil until they got to a dark room. Also when spider-man was under the identity of the hornet, he flew literal rings around Peter (partially because spider-man wasn't an experienced flyer like toomes but even so). Vulture could be a even match for someone like nightwing. Maybe even batman.

I just got this notification. That's interesting, what era was the Vulture/DD fight? Back in the day or recent?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#519 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

@randomsid: I recently took a flight abroad. The plane was traveling at more than 600MPH. I quickly ran down to the other end of the plane to request more food from the flight attendant.

Little did I know, that as I was running, I was technically running at more than 600MPH, thereby becoming the fastest man on the planet.

Loading Video...

LMAO

:P

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520 owie  Moderator
Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

425 comments wow

Avatar image for the_raccoonpope
The_RaccoonPope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which Robin is it? It looks like its Damian Wayne but it could be anybody cos OP didn't specify.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Damian would win as he’s squared off against supers and held his own, but I don’t think it’s a stomp. Maybe that will change if Patience dominates Mindy next issue.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_raccoonpope: It literally says it in the OP lol.

This thread brings back some memories. Hit-Girl has a lot more feats these days, I think she’s about doubled how many appearances she’s had. She’s got more gear and armor that a coked up Cheetah couldn’t bite through. She now has the strength to easily dent a reinforced steel door and knock it off it’s hinges, and she’s fast enough to dodge gunfire from all sides and even block bullets with her sword like she’s Elektra. Enough to make her solidly faster than Damian from what I’ve seen from him. Her accuracy was always insanely good but now it’s just stupid good, she can headshot two people with the same bullet, from a moving car, while they were on motorcycles.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525 owie  Moderator

@allstarsuperman: Nice to hear about those new feats!

This does bring back memories. And geez louise, 11 pages of debate.