Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Battle Of The Week Results!

No Caption Provided

The results are in and Ronan seems to be winner in most peoples mind. Getting 63% of the votes. Let's look at some of the best arguments for the character

Arguments of the Week:

@tparks

Kl’rt has only popped a brain once, and it was on another Super Skrull. It happened in a Nova comic, post Annihilation (can’t remember if it was 1 or 2). Its an option, and I don’t think a Kree brain would have any more durability then a Skrull brain would, but it’s more likely that Kl’rt would fight with typical powers. I’d say it’s just as likely as him using his hypnosis.

If I had to pick a winner, it would be Kl’rt. He’s way more powerful. He gets called a jobber, but only by people who haven’t actually read his comics. It’s rare that he loses because he was the worst combatant, it’s almost always because of some plot device.

Ronan is the opposite. People think he’s crazy powerful because of his victories, but they all come at the result of his hammer of plot device. He has some abilities that would shut down Kl’rt, but he always waits for dramatic effect to use them. In a realistic battle, if Ronan did that against Kl’rt, Kl’rt would kill him before Ronan could react.

@apex_pretador

I re-read Annihilation. Ronan one-shotted smashed Ravenous's face in right when Kl'rt killed his currs. On the other hand, Super Skrull was going toe to toe with him when the currs were still alive. And it was confirmed in Annihilation: Silver Surfer that currs are the true power source for his type. He didn't tank the planet buster either, he survived it.

Physically, Super Skrull is superior as he has above Thing lvl strength while ronan is weaker than ben.

Kl'rt is also faster, more durable and better fighter (also willing to fight dirty).

Ronan has better energy projection but it is balanced by shapeshifting and hypnosis. Ronan's only advantage is versatility but he has not used most of the abilities more than once.

I'm going with Super Skrull on this one.

@lvenger

Having refreshed myself on their feats, I’m siding with K’lrt over Ronan. Ronan does have better energy projection and versatility but his respect thread leaves out how he hasn’t used the full capabilities of his universal weapon for several years. Whereas Super Skrull has a more consistent track record of utilising his powers in tandem and with more lethal options than the FF do. Plus he’s stronger and faster so I’ll say Super Skrull wins the majority.

No Caption Provided

Thanks again for any support and help for these sporadic fun comments. Battle Forums have a lot to offer in terms of discussion, Tournaments, and Challenge a Viner. The only place to discuss dream matches you would never get to discuss anywhere else. Also if there is any artist who like to make some art for these segments, please do PM me. I post regularly in the Artist Show Off for talent want to make a quick sketch for recognition of their skills.

Also big thanks to...

k4tzm4n, Sirfizzwhizz, Laflux, Lukehero, TheNewBlueBeetle007, HigorM, Cosmicallyaware1, Floopay, YourNeighborhoodComicGeek, Wyldsong, Lvenger, Tparks, as well any others who jump on board with this project.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 emperorthanos-  Moderator
Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Were the results for the thanos v justice league fight ever posted? Or was it inconclusive.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@maalik: Neither. I didn't do a poll on that and I'm just too lazy to go through 11 pages counting votes.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hmm, Ronan won the votes but the three arguments of the week were for Super Skrull....

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@_kingoflatveria: @thor_parker82:

Yup often the case. Polls aren't the the best way to determine the winner. Which I believe is the reason why we have best arguments of the week

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kevd4wg  Online

Don't know how I missed this BOTW, would have loved to argue for Skrull