tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks  Online
No Caption Provided

Last week's battle had two sons of gods in a powerhouse battle. At the end of the week, the votes decided that Orion would walk away the winner. 53% of the votes were for Orion, while Thor trailed not too far behind at 43%. Only 4% of the voters thought this match was too close to call. It was another great week, with more great comments!

Arguments of the Week:

@lordwhiskers said:

I'm backing Orion in this fight although I'm not counting Thor out by any means Orion is without a doubt one of DC's toughest heavy hitters both physically and mentally. Hes matched Superman in fights before, can use his Motherbox to aid him in the battle and is arguably a superior fighter. Not to mention the Astro Force will give him an edge in this battle as well.

@newworldorder said:

I think this is a battle for Thor to win. Orion and Thor both like to prove their physical superiority to their opponent in most of their battles due to their personalities. Upon seeing each other, I think they would be more likely than usual once they see the warrior appearance in both and hearing their usual bragging of power (dog of war and god of thunder). A physical brawl cannot be avoided at all here. Now, though I think their physical strength is close, Thor edges Orion out due to his superior striking force via Mjolnir. This is an advantage he has over most opponents, so it's nothing new here. I would say Orion is quite faster due to some of his higher feats, but in my opinion he's not going to use speed against an opponent he would like to brawl with and I would only say he's faster on the ground oppose to the air which this battle will take place in too. Orion may have huge damage potential with his Astro Force, but Thor can block it with his lightning, that I may add, has blocked attacks of similar magnitude. There is even the potential that Thor could absorb the Astro Force and use Orion's own powerful blast and send it back towards him. Then there is the fact he can spin Mjolnir to create a barrier which I don't know if Orion can get through unless he pours on the power.

I'm going to assume Orion has his Astro Harness here for mobility in the air, which should likely make an air battle take place between the two. Thing is, a battle in the air just makes it more likely for you to be struck by Thor's lightning and it's possible Orion can get knocked off of his Astro Harness, which is less likely of Thor dropping Mjolnir. Given that, an assault can go on while he's grounded, which wouldn't work out for Orion the time he's grounded, though he can call the Astro Harness back to him. Their durability is quite similar in my opinion, I don't know who is superior there and I'll definitely debate with anyone who wishes to say Orion is superior. This should be an extended battle, more so than when Superman and Orion fight.

Another thing I see is teleportation being brought up, but It's not likely to amount to much. If Orion opens a boom tube and shoves Thor through it (which isn't even his style of fighting), Thor can just open a portal and come right back to the battlefield. He can rip open space to reach his destination, so I don't see Orion using that effectively.

All in all, I think Thor has Orion beat. They are quite similar characters, they share similar positions, levels of power, and have similar personalities, but Thor has some advantages Orion doesn't have. They are matched in most, but I feel Thor's better striking force and answers for Orion's abilities should allow him to take the win.

@lvenger said:

So I'm siding with Orion over Thor in this fight. It would obviously be a tough and magnificant battle between a New God and an Asgardian god. But Orion is basically a combination of Superman and Wonder Woman with a weapon as versatile and powerful as Mjolnir. He's strong enough to go toe to toe with Thor no problem since he's matched Superman evenly in a brawl, overpowered a White Martian whilst aflame, torn a hole in Darkseid's chest and punched a sun dipped Superman across a country, if not countries. Thor might have the edge in higher end striking feats but Orion can definitely hurt Thor with his blows. As for durability, Orion has been on the receiving end of Superman's attacks more than once, he's tanked attacks from an amped Kalibak, tanked lightbeams from Lightray, tanked a chunk of The Celestial City falling on him and he's resisted transmutation. Thor's energy durability is equally impressive though so in durability Thor and Orion are evenly matched.

Orion's real advantages lie in the raw power and versatility of his Astro Force and Mother Box. His Astro Force can blast Superman across the globe, casually one shot Starfire, one shot Kalibak, disintegrate Mantis and cause planetary devastation on Earth when fired on the moon. He has shields that can protect from Kalibak's Theta Club and deflect Darkseid's Omega Beams which should keep out most of Thor's lightning. His Mother Box can heal injuries and he can atomise beings as powerful as Mantis. He's also more skilled than Thor if comparing their fighting skill showings, Orion shows more fighting knowledge and technique when not using brute force. His combat speed is pretty impressive, he can blitz ships as a ray of light, perceive events in a microsecond and react to Lightray who can move at lightspeed to FTL speeds.

Overall, Orion is a very well rounded powerhouse with the power, versatility and speed to take Thor out.

@giliad_ said:

I'm going to back Thor, the biggest problem I see for Orion is that while he can slug out with Superman he doesn't have the same versatility/arsenal that Clark has. Orion's gonna end up brawling with Thor. Playing on his ground if you like - Thor's got the advantages where it matters in this fight. Thor 7.5/10

@apex_pretador said:

@lvenger: Just to be clear, I am not debating for Thor or against Orion. However, based on feats you posted, I am getting more and more convinced that this should be too close to call.

Strength:

• Thor can also brawl with Superman, infact I will give Thor an advantage if this is pure brawl due to striking power. Combat and reaction speed is a different matter though.
  • Holding up a building with help? Thor has much better consistent strength feats and you know them.
  • Thor's colateral damage has also spanned that, and more sometimes. Sometimes his colateral damage is on celestial object level.
  • Yes he did but not before a really long and very even battle.

Durability:

• I believe Thor could replicate any of this, as easily as he did.

Speed:

Now this is interesting again

• Thor has caught bullets and moved as blur
  • Percieved events in microseconds
  • And reacted to lightning

Energy-redirecting:

As you yourself stated, Mjolnir can do it too.

For the current week, we are back to street level, with Spoiler vs X! Be sure to check that out, read the arguments, leave one of your own, then vote!

And for next week's match, we are teasing one of the biggest battle of the weeks ever! See if you can guess who it is before Friday! Just saiyan, you don't want to miss it:

No Caption Provided

Thanks again for any support and help for these sporadic fun comments. Battle Forums have a lot to offer in terms of discussion, Tournaments, and Challenge a Viner. The only place to discuss dream matches you would never get to discuss anywhere else. Also if there is any artist who like to make some art for these segments, please do PM @jashro44. He posts regularly in the Artist Show Off for talent want to make a quick sketch for recognition of their skills.

Also big thanks to...

k4tzm4n, Sirfizzwhizz, Laflux, Lukehero, TheNewBlueBeetle007, HigorM, Cosmicallyaware1, Floopay, YourNeighborhoodComicGeek, Wyldsong, Lvenger, Jashro44, as well any others who jump on board with this project.

And for those of you who took the time to read through all of this....

APRIL FOOLS!

We're not doing Superman vs Goku! Do you think we're crazy? The internet would explode.

Here is the real teaser.

No Caption Provided

Try to guess who it is by Friday! But if you did read this far, don't spoil the joke for everyone in the comments just yet!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Warlockmage

April Fools... nice try and the next BoTW.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait. Goku vs Supes is the next BoTW?

Ah shit. R.I.P. Comicvine Battles.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Superman vs Goku?. Dante solos, I am calling it

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord-parallax said:
@brucerogers said:
@lord-parallax said:

@brucerogers: More like Flash speedsteals.

And MCU Thor City's busts and Jason oneshots

Batman with prep wins. Superman has no limits.

Itachi stomps and Wonder Woman wins with lasso neck snap

CW Flash solos with pep talk, MCU Cap galaxy busts via motorcycle throw.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fake

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goddammit I missed my chance...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpn

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heheheh Thor lost. Thor fans triggered.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised Thor lost kinda caue certainly can win but Orion is a foe who can win good battle

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Lvenger

@sly_141 said:

Goddammit I missed my chance...

I picked up the slack but I was looking forward to seeing some of your arguments.

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dog of War takes the victory

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wait. Goku vs Supes is the next BoTW?

Ah shit. R.I.P. Comicvine Battles.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah school has me in chokehold right now so I haven't been able to post as much. But I'm glad you stepped in hopefully Orion or another New God will be in BOTW soon

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tparks  Online

Just in case anyone didn't get that Superman vs Goku isn't happening (lol!), here is the real teaser that was hidden in the spoiler block. The mystery character's opponent has been added as well, although I doubt the challenger will remain much of a mystery...

No Caption Provided

They both will be revealed after Friday. See if you can guess who they are by then!

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Thanks, I'm always flattered to be tagged.

@asgardianbrony said:

MMH vs Silver Surfer. this is gonna be good.

Yup^. And I'm calling it now. Silver Surfer is going to win in a very, very, ultra, mega close-call.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Calling it right now, surfer will get atleast 65℅ votes for the majority against manhunter.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He will because he's just better.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

MMH is underastemated here.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer for the win.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: How much does that actually count as sundipped? (the instance in Action Comics #753 & TMoT)

It was my understanding (and it's been a while so I could be wrong) that Superman was simply in proximity to the sun while destroying Earth's weapons. I believe he did reference that he could have been killed without it but I was always under the impression he was more referring the the nullified affect the kryptonite they used on him.

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer vs MMH? lol what kind of a mismatch is that?

Inc D.C. wank once again.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 owie  Moderator

That's Manhunter? God, I was worried it was Hulk.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Yes i got my request.

Will probably have to debate for MMH on this one.

HackSnyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: The reason why I think Superman was sundipped in that fight was because Superman said afterwards if it weren't for his close exposure to the sun, he would have died from the Kryptonite exposure. I have it on my Sundipped Superman thread.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sly_141: I can't do Barda or Mr Miracle though so you're still the best New Gods expert on the Vine.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks bro

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

That's Manhunter? God, I was worried it was Hulk.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THOR

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is This Battle of the week happenes Now or cancelled?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimohkolawol10: bruh, this is 6 years old...you probably didnt bump this, but its over