Battle Of The Week Results: MCU Captain America, Winter Soldier vs Fox Wolverine, Deadpool

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Battle Of The Week Results: MCU Captain America, Winter Soldier vs Fox Wolverine, Deadpool

This was a good battle this week, and some fierce arguments on both sides. in the end only one Movie team could win. Team Fox prevails over MCU!? Shock and Amaze!

No Caption Provided

Now lets see what our Viners thought.

Arguments Of The Week:

I'm giving it very solidly to the mutants.

Deadpool's coming with guns as well as insanely superhuman aim which is a huge boon right off the bat, although admittedly Cap's shield will make them a lot less initially useful. Even still Deadpool is still a serious force to be reckoned with at melee range judging from his fight with Ajax and his healing factor gives him insane resilience in that sense. Meanwhile Wolverine's claws are extremely threatening at close range. Adamanatium means Wolvie should have a clear advantage over Bucky's arm if the two of them throw down.

Bucky will have guns as well but they will be less effective on Wolvie and Deadpool than the reverse due to healing factors and general durability in my opinion.

I also feel that the environment provides enough cover to prevent Cap's shield from being too too threatening. Although he will have the option of ricochet it is less efficient than guns at attacking from cover.

So basically I think Deadpool gives the mutants a big ranged advantage while Wolverine gives them a big melee advantage. Though the MCU team is physically stronger it's not nearly enough of an advantage for them.

@cfrehse said:

Super soldiers have every advantage except the hf. Wolverine has been knocked out by being thrown into a wall. Deadpool was dazed by a knife to the head. The soldiers fight with straight up brutality and skill and can win this especially these two best friends who have fought countless battles together and they are not going down because two guys heal fast. They outclass and out skill the enemy

@owie said:

It's a pretty close battle. I'm undecided at the moment. I think @pipxeroth did a pretty good job making the case for Wolverine being the least skilled of the bunch. Honestly I see Winter Soldier being more skilled than Cap. Deadpool is, however, also plenty skilled as seen in either of the videos above, and plenty fast, dodging machine gun fire at close range by pure flipping around for instance. His knife to the head feat is a strength from my point of view; sure he wasn't doing much while being stuck, but he was also not down for the count by any means. I think it would be a bit more fair to include the Wolverine Origins feats for Wade--not the hyped up powered part, but the early stuff where, for instance, he's blocking bullets with his sword. That shows a level of speed and accuracy/fine weapon control higher than his MCU opponents.

Having just stood up for Deapool for a moment, I'm still not sure which way this goes. The mutants have the ability (not necessarily the likelihood, but the capacity) to kill their opponents fairly quickly, as slashes to the torso or head by either mutant would kill either super soldier without much problem. And the mutants are much harder to kill/KO due to both their healing factors and their opponents' somewhat less deadly weapons. But, the super soldiers do have amazingly good teamwork, and their strength and speed are top notch. The Black Panther and Iron Man fighting examples are on-point as to how the supersoldiers could approach this fight.

I would question the Falcon being a bullet-timer though. We see a shot of the guy shooting, and a shot of Falcon moving his wing up. However, due to the basic back and forth nature of editing, there's no real way to prove that these two events aren't happening essentially simultaneously. The two characters are not in the same shot, so the editors have to show one shot first and the other second. So they show the shooter and then the target, which is the logical order to understand what is happening. You need something more to imply that the second edit actually comes after the first in-universe, rather than simply in the film's shot order. Honestly in the Falcon's shot, it looks like it takes a second for the bullets to hit the wing after he raises it, which implies that he did in fact raise it before the shots were fired, and thus is just reacting to the assumption that the guy is going to shoot at him.

But overall, I still need to think about this.

No Caption Provided

Thanks again for any support and help for these sporadic fun comments. Battle Forums have a lot to offer in terms of discussion, Tournaments, and Challenge a Viner. The only place to discuss dream matches you would never get to discuss anywhere else. Also if there is any artist who like to make some art for these segments, please do PM me. I post regularly in the Artist Show Off for talent want to make a quick sketch for recognition of their skills.

Also big thanks to...

k4tzm4n, Sirfizzwhizz, Laflux, Lukehero, TheNewBlueBeetle007, HigorM, Cosmicallyaware1, Floopay, YourNeighborhoodComicGeek, Wyldsong, Lvenger, Tparks, as well any others who jump on board with this project.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Good for the Mutants.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@lukehero: Im actually suprised they won. I was still expecting CV as a whole to still be on Civil War high.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0