sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sirfizzwhizz  Online

Madara vs Magneto

Well you been given since time since Monday to discuss the Master of Magnetism against the Six Path Sage, and I’m calling it. Your winner this week is..... another too close to call.

No Caption Provided

This week we had another case of Magneto getting the votes, but Madara being argued for. So while Magneto won the poll, you could say Madara won the many Arguments of the week.

No Caption Provided

So why did these two seem to get much support from both extremes? While Magneto is a very, very versatile character with his powers he still was given the win due to a few major factors. One was his shields. they are some of the toughest nuts to crack in Marvel comics. Another was his mental resistance, so the infamous Genjitsu was not much of a factor. The setting also helped Magento with voters, as a city to work with is a good counter to what Madara can throw at him. Finaly there was the arguments of speed, and Magneto has the near lightspeed to lightspeed feats to not get blitz. There was also a the major argument of manipulating Madara's body from the iron inside his blood. All in all there is some good solid reasons that many felt Magento would simply win. Madara had alot going for him too though. Truth Seeking Balls, Limbo Clones, and a near unbreakable shield himself. Unlike Magneto, Madara is also argued, and shown to chain attacks in combos. Making for more effective attack options. This would be a good fight, and got alot of traffic in the week. Could be anyone's match really.

No Caption Provided

Now remember kids, this in no way means the polls are accurate. They surely are not, and opinions change over time. This is just where people stand on this subject as of today. This match can truly go any which way, and the polls are open for more votes, and debates to continue on. Now is the time though to recognize some great posts from the topic at hand. Remember to make some good posts, and get recognize.

Arguments for the Week

@juiceboks said:

Madara. In the event that he doesn't just straight up blitz Max, Magneto doesn't possess the raw power needed to put him down. TSB protect against any projectile based attacks(as if Madara isn't durable enough to straight up tank it anyway) but Mag's shields aren't holding up to Madara's more powerful offensive attacks. Not to mention Erik won't know to shield himself from Limbo clones, as he has no way of detecting them in the first place.

Also..illusions can and have worked on him in the past.

@mudamudamuda said:

It's sad that we never got to see this Madara go all out...

Anyway, being in a city really disadvantages Madara (too much metal for Magneto to control) but at the same time most of Magneto's metal based attacks will be useless against him as he can surround himself with the truth seeking orbs causing the metal to get atomized on touch, thus considerably limiting Magneto's options. Madara should also have a decent speed and overall strength advantage over Magneto though I guess it's mostly hax that will decide the winner of this battle and God knows they are both haxed beyond belief.

Magneto's ability to control the iron in a person's bloodstream will be a huge issue for Madara, but not one that's impossible to deal with as he has already survived having sand injected directly into his bloodstream and getting his heart destroyed by Sasuke with no-issue thanks to his healing factor. And while I doubt that the iron in Madara's blood would be enough to destabilize him since it's amount is pretty much negligible compared to the Juubis size (that doesn't have any blood as far as I know), but even if it were to work, Madara can still make dozens of wood clones which would allow him to attack and defend even if immobilized.

Madara's Chibaku tensei could seem like a good option against Magneto since it could trap him inside a mini-moon made from the land mass of this battlefield, but considering this arena is a city with lots of metal in it, this could back-fire against him as Magneto has already demonstrated that he could rip a mountain apart through it's iron.

There are a lot of factors to consider here, most notably how is Madara going to get past Magneto's shield which have some pretty amazing durability feats and how is Magneto going to kill and keep Madara down when he can rewrite reality to come back to life (supposedly indefinitely through the rinnegan) and I really don't have an answer for either.

So overall, I think I'll vote too close to call until I see more arguments from both sides.

@ironshinobi88 said:

Being in the City, Magneto has plenty of Ammo to work with. However, I see it as an extremely difficult task for him to tag Madara, he will but not as consistently as we'd like. Madara has a wide range of offensive capabilities, from summoning meteors, giant poison gas, to limbo clones and the near insta disintegrating truth orbs. I'm sure Mags at his best has tanked blasts that outmatch what Madara could put out.

The caveat to this fight is going to be Madara's limbo clones,while Madara will be hard pressed to get through Magneto's shields, Magneto won't even have the means or knowledge to put those things down, so in probably the biggest battle of Attrition..Madara will take this with extreme difficulty 6.5/10.

@cosmic-tactician said:

this I an interesting battle the two are both incomprehensibly strong at their very best both having taken down whole armies with minimal effort I have to give this one to madara though for a couple of reasons one of which being not just his limbo but his wood clones as well those bad boys would be near completely immune to magnus's magnetic assaults same with the wood dragons not to mention the clones could create susanoos. another being speed plus genjutsu both of which madara is very skilled with for those saying six paths madara doesn't have the same speed showings as regular madara I ask why would integrating himself with the shinju in anyway make him slower or take away his speed feats it wasn't a new 52 or anything he would in theory be just as fast iif not faster and genjutsu could also severly slow down magnetos reaction time and he has no response to it. the last reason I give it to madara is simply put experience....here me out any disgrunteled fans im not saying that magneto hasn't been in his fair share of fights but madara has been doing this since he was a kid and continued to do it till he was too old to move by which time he trained someone else to fight in his place, then upon resurrection not but 16 years later he starts doing it again madara is battle adept and experienced to the highest caliber that coupled with his sharingan gives him everything he needs to analyse and pick apart even the wisest of opponents given time.

Myself, and many other Hall of Famers, as well very active debaters work together to bring up fruitful matches that can have alot of unique discussion. We will not post matches that are clear mismatches, or one sided in our eyes. I do love to take opinions though on who you may like to some time in a match up, and if enough people like to see a certain character go at it, we will gladly find ways to match them up sometime in these segments.

Thanks again for any support and help for these sporadic fun comments. Battle Forums have alot to offer in terms of discussion, Tournaments, and Challenge a Viner. The only place to discuss dream matches you would never get to discuss anywhere else. Also if there is any artist who like to make some art for these segments, please do PM me. I post regularly in the Artist Show Off for talent want to make a quick sketch for recognition of their skills.

Next time on Battle of the Week!

No Caption Provided

Also big thanks to...

k4tzm4n, Jashro44, Laflux, Lukehero, TheNewBlueBeetle007, HigorM, Cosmicallyaware1, Floopay, YourNeighborhoodComicGeek, Wyldsong, Lvenger, Tparks, as well any others who jump on board with this project.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SightlessReality

In the end people on Mangeto's side ended up for the most only using his shields as an argument. So from a debate standpoint Madara won over all. I waited until Thursday to cast my vote on the battle so I could get a better idea on Magneto but when for the most part all people are discussing is only one of the things he can do, welp it's doesn't help his case.

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madara's supporters wrecked the debate for this one.

Limbo Hengoku would have been enough as it's offensive and defense capabilities make Magnetos victory impossible. I will be posting there later.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was stupid in the start to put a manga character vs a comics character. Everytime you bring an argument on how Magneto could hurt Madara, in the manga it doesn't work that way. Magneto stopped Kitty phasing, but in the manga it's not the same. It's stupid since the comic character cannot possibly have feats again such thing.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: Well to be fair although the result is the same the method is different.

Kitty essentially flows through an object by having her molecules move through the cracks of other molecules of said object. Where else for Madara, he puts a portion of or all of his body into a separate dimension. That's a rather distinct difference. Additionally I find it unlikely that there isn't a character from a western comic that has dimensional intangibility.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

magneto

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helicoprion: Are saying that cause you can make a none biased argument for Magneto while knowing what Madara is capable of or do you know jack about him and simply going with the character you know.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Keenko

@sirfizzwhizz: Will you tag me for the Kraven vs Bullseye fight? For some reason I rarely catch these.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was pulling for Madara but it was an interesting fight.

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I try not to touch Naruto threads.

Not only have I lost track of Naruto in general, I have no idea how powerful they are now.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

No more naruto threads! Lol i'm a bit of a naruto hater so I didn't touch this weeks battle of the week.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: There is absolutely no comics character that goes in a different dimension to phase.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sirfizzwhizz  Online

@cheesesticks: Spawn, Darkness, and anyone who can merge with shadows can.

Mirror Man can as well in a fashion.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the f@ck was this a debate? Magneto's reacted to things much faster than Madara and even if Madara has shields against projectiles Magneto could just manipulate the metals inside Madara's bones and make him go splat. Literally blow him apart.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SightlessReality

@pateuvasiliu: That wouldn't even kill him and he would just reality warp any of the damage away. Oh and correct Mangeto manipulates the iron in peoples blood not the metal in their bones.

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Purple_D_Dragon

@sightlessreality: I did not debate for Magneto, but people really thought Magneto could not win this, I mean, I know Madara was no longer human, so I do not know what would happen if he gets the iron from his blood extracted, anyway, Madara using Kamui was an stupid argument considering it is not Madara's and Madara in his best was the Madara with two Rinnengans. and I could't see Madara killing Magneto easily, Lightfang would be absorbed as Magneto can absorb those energies, the Goudamas would be the tricky ones, as I am not sure they erase or affect the Electro Magnetic field of the Earth when they fly, as that's basically Magneto's shields.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheVivas  Online

And Magneto wins the popularity contest.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: Spawn, Darkness, and anyone who can merge with shadows can.

Mirror Man can as well in a fashion.

Yeah and how can Magneto possibly appear in the same comics as them ? Common man.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not gonna be salty, but Madara got kinda screwed by the auto "i dont know the other character, so the one i know wins" vote

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: You said.

@cheesesticks said:

@sightlessreality: There is absolutely no comics character that goes in a different dimension to phase.

So he corrected your baseless statement.

Yeah yeah, I thought it was an evidence that the character had to be able to face Magneto nah ? Why bother saying that if Magneto can't possibly face them.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: There is Cloak who's from marvel who's maybe a B to C list hero and partner to Dagger. He seems to fit the bill fore your baseless statement.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sirfizzwhizz  Online

@keenko said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Will you tag me for the Kraven vs Bullseye fight? For some reason I rarely catch these.

Im afraid to inform some last minuet changes due to some last minuet votes on what would be a good fight. There was some balancing issues to overcome, and we decided on a new match.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CheeseSticks

@sightlessreality said:

@cheesesticks: There is Cloak who's from marvel who's maybe a B to C list hero and partner to Dagger. He seems to fit the bill fore your baseless statement.

Magneto never fought Cloak...

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna be salty, but Madara got kinda screwed by the auto "i dont know the other character, so the one i know wins" vote

This^^ People arguing for Madara brought the stronger debate. The only argument being said for Mags was about his shields and blood extractions. I was pro Mags until I read through the debates and was swayed over to backing Madara

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And this is why comic book characters shouldn't be put against Manga characters.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: The two mediums just don't go together (IMO). Especially in regards to battles. I mean that's one of the many reasons why people claim DBZ was banned (Heck I USED to support the idea of Manga/Anime being completely banned from the forums).

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_man_with_questions: It's all depend on who you pit against who.

For instance

Misaka Mikoto vs Static is a good match up. The two characters have the same power set and are roughly the same level but use their abilities differently.

This battle didn't particularly work because the two aren't really that similar and then there's the whole voting without knowing the character.

@sirfizzwhizz

Maybe you could do a Misaka vs Static match up down the line.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sirfizzwhizz  Online
The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: Bones have metal inside, too. The whole body has metals in it. Anyhow, where did you get it that Madara can reality warp? I don't recall him doing it. Also if Magneto breaks him apart Madara can't regen. He's not deadpool. Decapitation kills him.