Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wyldsong

Battle of the Week Results: Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs Wesker

And the winner by a hair is...

No Caption Provided

So, this was a close one. There was a lot of good discussion, and the polls were up and down for both characters. As for a breakdown of the actual results:

No Caption Provided

Arguments of the Week:

There was a lot of discussion to comb through on this one, so I went with one post for Buffy, two middle of the road posts, and one for Wesker=)

@sirfizzwhizz said:

Buffy wins this fight, and while its not easy, yeah it is actually. Wesker skill in combat is very mediocre action movie like. His documented style being Special Forces like. Buffy is able to use thousand of years of combat skill, while train in various martial arts, and a master of all weapon styles. She is also battle proven against way more establish characters with greater power than Wesker in her 7 seasons of live action followed by her 100s of canon comics after that.

Anyone voting for Wesker is voting on misconception of his healing being a factor, and her not having one at all though she does. Wesker healing never stop him being KOed by a Tyrant stabbing his chest. Never prevented KO by head chopped off, or incap via dismemberment. Which Buffy does all the time because that is how you beat, duuuh, Vampires. Wesker is bringing NOTHING new to Buffy, while Buffy is something Wesker never faced before. a foe with the same stats, and far greater skill.

Wesker should lose a easy 8/10.

I'm sure he may win polls though from popularity, which is a damn shame as Buffy and Angel had 11 seasons of shows, and one of the most popular shows of all time for their networks in the 2000s. Kids these days. Go on Netflix and watch the original works of the same director who wrote and directed Avengers! The highest grossing film of Super Hero Genre. Same guy who did that made Buffy and Angel. Go on Netflix now and watch it you heathens.

@tparks said:

I actually think this could go either way, and I'd really like to address something that is a problem in every single RE thread.

• Problem with every RE thread EVER. - Peak human, super human, normal human, who cares? Just look at the feats and not worry so much about the descriptive tier.

The problem with every RE thread, is that people tend to over estimate RE characters, but even more so, a lot of people love to low ball anything Resident Evil. There is rarely a RE thread where people don't say characters like Chris are just normal humans, and have no special physical abilities. They're right, as far as the RE universe goes, but Shinji Mikami (the creator of the RE series), from the very beginning, established that the peak of humanity is much less limited then what is seen in most other fictions. Just take a look at this interview of Shinji in one of the RE comics when talking about a character he had to cut from the original game:

No Caption Provided

Whether or not you want to accept the canonicity of the comics, this interview has nothing to do with the comics, and is completely about the video games. Mikami wanted to have a character in his game (but couldn't because of story problems), that was stronger then a normal human. He's just a battle hardened guy, but has no T- or G-Virus enhancements, so it's safe to use the word Peak Human for him, since he is just a vanilla human. Mikami wanted this peak human to be able to hold up the entire collapsing ceiling to a room in the mansion with nothing but his strength. This is obviously not something that an actual peak human could do, and bridges the gap into superhuman in pretty much every other fictional universe, yet this is what is considered peak human in Resident Evil. So when a character like Chris is called peak human in RE, yet is able to perform so many superhuman feats similar when compared to most fictional universes, just don't argue it. It's pointless low balling, and it's better to just base your opinion around this.

I only bring that up, because Chris is the most fought character by Wesker, so it's only inevitable that people will eventually start low balling him based on past tendencies.

Another common misconception is that Chris is able to "hang" with Wesker. This is just not true. Chris has managed to have brief moments of success against Wesker, but Wesker is always the clear superior combatant in all of their fights. Just because Chris does finally beat Wesker, it's not like this means that someone with the abilities of Chris can replicate this. No, what Chris did was him winning against all odds. Even though Chris was seriously outmatched, he ends up pulling through in the end, and wins a near impossible victory. This is pretty much par for the course for just about any video game hero, but people tend to forget this on here.

Ok, now that all of that is out of the way, here's what I think:

Why Buffy Wins

Skill. She is more skilled then anyone in the Resident Evil universe in martial arts. I don't think anyone will argue that. I've argued that she is one of the top skilled street levelers in all of fiction in several battle forums threads, so I do not take her lightly at all. When this becomes melee, she has the ability to make this a fight. It will not be in any way, shape, or form easy for her at all, as Wesker is no slouch either, but Buffy does have a very sizable skill advantage.

She also has a better melee weapon then Chris has ever had with the Slayer Scythe. Chris pretty much has his fists (which to be fair are pretty OP), and a knife. Not really the same as a Slayer Scythe, so her attacks will be a lot more damaging.

Why Wesker Wins

I have a hard time saying this, but Wesker is physically superior. I'm sorry, but it's true. He might not be as physically strong in striking power as Buffy, but he makes up for it in durability and speed in pretty significant amounts. I know Buffy characters have instances of showing similar speed, but Wesker consistently, in every fight, shows FTE speed that almost every other street leveler wish they had. Ya, I know at least someone argues that every character in existence is FTE on CV, but come on, Wesker is better then 99% of them, because:

No Caption Provided

This happens in every Wesker fight. I know there are random similar feats of almost every street leveler moving this fast picked out of hundreds or thousands of feats, but Wesker does this in every single fight he's in, without exception. I thought for the longest time he was a teleporter TBH.

That and Wesker has a gun (I'm assuming standard gear, so a pistol). Now I know Buffy can handle a gun, but coming from someone who can just appear with the gun against her head, that's a little more debatable IMO. Plus Wesker always fights against other characters with guns, who can slow down his speed by making him dodge bullets for a time, which is a factor in a lot of the fights against him, and something Buffy lacks here as she isn't given any ranged weapons to help slow down Wesker's speed and range advantage.

I actually think this is more likely how Wesker could win over H2H, as in at least the TV show, Buffy never had to deal with a bullet from a gun just appearing next to her head from a speedster of this level. Her sword catch feat against Angel (who to be fair has at least a few speed feats similar to Wesker), makes me think she can counter it:

No Caption Provided

But I still give Wesker at least a win or two because of this. Glory had similar speed too, but she didn't have a gun. I know a gun seems petty when compared to Glory, but a bullet to the brain is just as effective as a punch from a demigod.

In the end, I say:

Too close to call

If Buffy had ranged weapons to at least slow down Wesker, and even out Wesker's ranged advantage, then she could probably take a solid majority. Wesker is also used to fighting against multiple opponents, and while Buffy is definitely a better H2H fighter then any RE character, Wesker is normally fighting two heavily armed characters who are quite skilled with their weapons. Martial arts skill isn't everything, and there is no real substitution for a barrage of bullets and grenades coming from multiple skilled shooters to make a fight a little tougher, specially when the shooters are also capable H2H fighters as well.

Still, when this does become a close range battle, I think Buffy has this. She has fought plenty of superhuman characters, and while Wesker would be fast, even in the Buffyverse, I think she can overcome this in pure hand to hand, as Wesker's individual punch combos aren't really as fast as his battlefield movement speed, and something Buffy can deal with.

Both have advantages and disadvantages, and both have methods to win. I would think Buffy will likely win the polls handily though, as she has more fans, more feats, and more characters she's fought for comparisons. I wouldn't say they are wrong in saying she wins, just that I do see how Wesker can win as well.

@christovgrigori said:

After reading through this thread, I still stand that it's too close to call but there are some factors nobody is accounting for: the power of CIS, lack of knowledge of their foe (OP said NOTHING about either having knowledge of the other), and how both treat unknown foes as dictated by plot. I'll be presenting two scenarios, with one in favor of Wesker and then one in favor of Buffy.

For Wesker:

In Wesker's defense, whenever Buffy fights a powerful new foe that she knows NOTHING about (Glory, Caleb, and the first Turok Han are great examples of this), she'll underestimate the foe, get some good smacks from that foe while getting some hits of her own, and then flee to escape in order to prepare for a better, more decisive outcome which often happens in the show even if it's over a series of battles rather than a couple. It's safe to say that with Wesker, she'll underestimate him and will most likely get caught offguard by him using super speed much faster than her and having strength much greater than the usual vampires she faces on a nightly basis (Read: vampires who are NOT Spike, Drusilla, Angel, Darla, Dracula, etc.) and maybe even rivaling the greatest of the elder vampires she fought (Kakistos, the Master, and maybe some others I'm not aware of in the comics. Dracula-as-Maloker doesn't count because that's an Old One possessing a centuries-old vampire, not a really old vampire). After getting wounded by Wesker's knives, discovering that her stakes don't do much damage to him because of his healing factor (btw, I'm not sure if the stake on the Scythe counts as a "normal" stake or has the same killing aspect as the rest of the scythe), failing to inflict a fatal blow with the Scythe's axe-like blade (I'm pretty sure Wesker's smart enough to NOT get hit intentionally by that thing, unless it's to block a blow like he did with a knife stab from Sheva), and then being weakened by both wounds and blood loss, she'll flee the battle, successfully evading Wesker in order to survive to fight another day. In this scenario, Wesker wins but he doesn't get to kill nor KO Buffy because she made a tactical retreat. She gets to live but has to lick her wounds sustained from the battle.

For Buffy:

In Buffy's defense, Wesker often acts arrogantly towards those he views beneath him (Chris is a great example of this), would flee if he himself thinks he could not take on a foe and/or if that foe is a threat to him (Alexia from RE: Code Veronica is a great example of this), has been known to both underestimate and toy with foes which ultimately backfires on him (both Chris and Sheva from RE5 are the prime examples), and has NEVER fought a foe with superhuman abilities that looked like a NORMAL human (all the superhuman foes he fought clearly won't be mistaken for normal, non-mutated humans). It's safe to say that with Buffy, Wesker might mistake her for a normal woman and toy with her, only to be caught offguard at how much stronger she is than him, how she's much faster than what she appears to be (still not as fast as him though), and after likely being surprised that he's NOT healing from a lucky slash/chop from the Scythe (he might even lose the use of an arm if he decided to block a blow), Wesker would decide to flee the battle like he did with Alexia, using his speed to outrun Buffy and either plan to kill her at a later time or just avoid her. In this scenario, Buffy wins but she doesn't get kill nor KO him because he made a tactical retreat. He gets to live and the only wounds he has to lick would be those inflicted by the axe-like blade of Scythe (still not sure about the stake end though).

Either way, it's too close to call because both could feasibly win via the other using tactical retreat plus the way they deal with foes they have no knowledge about and CIS.

@spyda-man said:

I think Wesker would be too much. He died by being in a pool of lava and that still wasn't enough took 2 rockets while being submerged for him to die so he is greatly durable and the way he got weakened to be damaged in the first place was Chris and sheva made him o.d. on his shots. Could dodge bullets and punched a whole thru somebody with minimal effort. he was the captain of S.T.A.R.S. so he has high end police training. And was a leading scientist for umbrella so he isn't stupid lol

I don't see how Buffy can stop Wesker to be honest.

EDIT: after review Buffy's respect thread they seem about even in speed and she might have slightly more skill. If that scyth is the exact same as what is shown in that picture I think that it will give her a nice range advantage but I believe it will cost her some speed which I don't think either one of them can sacrifice without great consequences. She was shown to be durable to a taser and some blunt damage but that didn't cover knives which Wesker is given for equipment in this match.

I think Wesker can pull it off but with a lot more difficulty than originally thought of.

She could win too if Wesker doesn't get his head out of his butt and keeps taunting tho.

Also big thanks to...

k4tzm4n, Sirfizzwhizz, Laflux, Lukehero, TheNewBlueBeetle007, HigorM, Cosmicallyaware1, Floopay, YourNeighborhoodComicGeek, Wyldsong, Lvenger, Tparks, as well any others who jump on board with this project.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Awesome battle. Love close ones like this.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Well I hope cadence can rest easy now.

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: holy shit, she won. I'm lying in a hospitable bed from the stress. Even though we as voters are fudge between Trump and Hillary, I know now that the people chose the right winner today.

God bless the CV Nation.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Lol...I was watching the polls all week. It has been up and down. This has been a roller coaster of a ride for a BoW.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh man. I wish I could have contributed on behalf of Wesker for this. Still, really close.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By cdiddyman911

Rumor has it the outcome of this BOTW has made @cadencev2 finally sane again. Nice to know that a popular vote on a comic book forum can determine the sanity of a human.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Mark my words: you haven't seen the last of Wesker, least of all from me. ::cackle::

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911: ooohhh buuuuurn. Put it out, call Tom Cruise to use his witchcraft to put out the invisible fire!

Don't hate that I'm more infamous than you. Jelly.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: You maybe you can convince America to restart the elections campaigns and certain current front-runners.

Err...Mr. T is gonna sue me for saying that..unless you convince him not to do that either!

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@cadencev2: You maybe you can convince America to restart the elections campaigns and certain current front-runners.

Err...Mr. T is gonna sue me for saying that..unless you convince him not to do that either!

No Caption Provided

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 owie  Moderator

Nice arguments, especially tparks