Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@digitalshooter9 said:

Disappointed with the CV community...

The Bat-Villains have been truly embarrassed this month.. I don't see why they couldn't even win one of the matches they were in. Doesn't really seem like they are winning this one either.

Shame...

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised Hawkeye's taking a strong lead. At least Bane vs. DD was really close and Lady Shiva vs. X-23 generated a good talk. And, even if someone thought it was unfair, I at least hope the Joker/Quinn one gave them plenty to think about.

@nimamindtricks For sure. Thanks for the suggestion.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@k4tzm4n: Really? I thought that was a part of the Red Hood and the Outlaws.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Nah, sorry. It's from Judd Winick's awesome pre-52 story. Mr. Freeze does have a small appearance in Red Hood and the Outlaws, though!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Friendly reminder that your support for a character doesn't need to be limited to voting and commenting.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freeze Hawkeye.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@ordinaryalan said:

Nah, sorry. It's from Judd Winick's awesome pre-52 story. Mr. Freeze does have a small appearance in Red Hood and the Outlaws, though!

Ah I see. I must be confusing the two events then. Thanks for the correction!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@ordinaryalan said:

Ah I see. I must be confusing the two events then. Thanks for the correction!

You're welcome. His showing in RHatO doesn't have any durability feats (or at least I don't remember it having any), but it does have some pretty sweet displays of power!

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

wait i havent voted im still waiting to see how Durable Freeze's suit is? if it cant tank a small building lvl explosion Hawkeye could end up winning this?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 k4tzm4n  Moderator
@serrure said:

wait i havent voted im still waiting to see how Durable Freeze's suit is? if it cant tank a small building lvl explosion Hawkeye could end up winning this?

Question: why are you looking at the most powerful display of an explosive arrow and not factoring in the other ones which have always produced significantly smaller explosions? Shouldn't you weigh all feats and not just high end ones? ;)

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

btw @k4tzm4n Hawkeye has no problem going for lethal means... in Secret Avengers i believe he racked up his kill count in the 30+ at least

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
@serrure said:

Question: why are you looking at the most powerful display of an explosive arrow and not factoring in the other ones which have always produced significantly smaller explosions? Shouldn't you weigh all feats and not just high end ones? ;)

well lets review

recent explosive arrows have gotten a major boost... (as you can see) so thats why i am asking. unless you are giving Hawkeye his 80's gear, his explosive arrows will pack a huge punch. and i certainly cant see Freeze tanking more than 3 of them

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@serrure: You left out the showing in Fraction's run. Also, the only one that can seemingly destroy a "small building" is the one you originally posted (unless you and I have a different opinion on the size of a small building). The rest are good -- I never questioned that -- but there's an obvious difference and that was my point. I think it's misleading to show the most powerful showing of an explosive arrow and imply they're all like that when they aren't. That's all.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Explosive Arrows + EMP Arrows + Electrical Arrows = End of Mr. Freeze. He can also jam Freeze's Freeze Gun.

Hawkeye wins and goes to eat ice cream after that.

Kgphil01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This one is a tough one to call, my intital instinct was to side with Hawkeye. His accuracy and arrow arsenal at first glance would seem to make quick work of freeze. However I feel this fight will actually last a fairly long time due to the setting with plenty of cover. This I feel would give freeze plenty of time to freeze every inch the warehouse turing it into his own personal ice rink. This would then take away Hawkeyes agility and balance allowing freeze to take Hawkeye out. It all comes down to a confined space with plenty or cover for mr freeze to win.

Moby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone please tell me why Mr.Freeze does't win!!!!!!!!!

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@k4tzm4n: if only I had access to internet for my laptop, I would remind them why Hawkeye is so awesome XD

But then I'd have to debate people about the trash that was the recent Hawkeye run, which sounds like misery. Not that the series should hold much merit for Clint's overall abilities, as Fraction was obviously low-balling Clint for the sake of his story. It's either that or he just doesnt know Clint's level of skill, which is just as bad considering the amount of resources there are to do research on a character.

BTW, there are other instances where Clint's explosive arrows are big enough to level a small building, but this isnt the normal level of damage they produce, as you stated. Would an explosive arrow still end this fight? Yes. Freeze doesn't have the durability feats to suggest otherwise, or at least that I've seen.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@k4tzm4n said:

@sinestro_gl said:

It's the classic 'shoot the arrow into the barrel of the gun' outcome.

Given Hawkeye's impeccable aim, the events that unfold should roughly follow the above postulation.

I'm glad to see someone's already brought that up! But just so you know, Freeze isn't limited to his gun. In BATMAN ANNUAL #1, he had what was basically a "freeze grenade" and he can still begin to freeze someone via touch. So, even if Clint does disable the gun, there's still a few things to think about!

You don't miss a thing, haha.

I vaguely remember Batman Annual #1...but mostly for how it depicted Mr. Freeze as a creep - one of the few criticisms I have of Snyder's and Capullo's otherwise excellent run on Batman. Admittedly, I have forgotten about the extent of his freezing technology in the new 52.

Thanks for bringing that up. I look forward to reading the arguments this week.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Definitely more convinced by the Hawkeye arguments and evidence so far. Giving my vote to Clint winning the majority here.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By serrure

@k4tzm4n: well what i am saying is that 2-4 of those fired would most likely be able to take out a small building (and i say building but i really meant a house thats my bad). thats why im looking for durability feats for Freeze

(and this is most certainly not directed at you) but im extremely disappointed in the fact that i have asked 3 times now and no one has posted one thing. i mean i have no choice but to vote for Hawkeye if my questions dont get answered.

All the Freeze fans will cry, but they havent done anything for me yet. meanwhile i can think of 5 other ways for Clint to that involve 0 explosive arrows, and probably 7 that include 1 or more

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@serrure: The poll's been open for less than a day, man! I'm sure more people will bring more arguments as the week progresses.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be going with Mr. Freeze here.

The distance and the cover makes this a prolonged match, and I do not see either being disarmed right off the bat. Expanding on the cover, Victor has the ability to create more cover for himself, and every use of his gun creates less cover for Hawkeye and makes the area more dangerous for him. I do not see this getting close quarters combat where Hawkeye is the superior fighter, but even then Freeze has shown the ability to detect presence by heat, so a stealth attack has little chance of working for Clint.

In terms of weaponry, Clint's arsenal is more versatile, but Freeze's gun is more dangerous in that it will force Clint to keep moving and also gives him less than optimal conditions to get off shots. Freeze has the higher durability and will be able to tank regular arrows, but one good blast is all Freeze needs to immobilize Hawkeye.

Of course, nothing is set in stone (or ice), so I give this to Freeze 8 times out of 10.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@k4tzm4n: @serrure:

Hawkeye wins, but can I point this out. He's not using some huge explosive to take out Mr. Freeze here.

• The fight takes place in large warehouse. All of the lights are on and, aside from them, the location is unpopulated.

If Hawkeye uses some big huge small building level buster, he would end up dead with Freeze. Even in a large building, an explosion of that size indoors would collapse the roof, sides, and send shrapnel shooting everywhere. So, unless Hawkeye is planning sucidical Jihad. He'll use the smaller grenade size explosives and wear down freeze with his other trick arrows.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@serrure: The poll's been open for less than a day, man! I'm sure more people will bring more arguments as the week progresses.

im very impatient!!!!! i want my Cake NOW!!!!!!!

@lukehero said:

Hawkeye wins, but can I point this out. He's not using some huge explosive to take out Mr. Freeze here.

• The fight takes place in large warehouse. All of the lights are on and, aside from them, the location is unpopulated.

If Hawkeye uses some big huge small building level buster, he would end up dead with Freeze. Even in a large building, an explosion of that size indoors would collapse the roof, sides, and send shrapnel shooting everywhere. So, unless Hawkeye is planning sucidical Jihad. He'll use the smaller grenade size explosives and wear down freeze with his other trick arrows.

fair point but his other explosive arrows wont destabilize as much and he most likely would use one or two., and Hawkeye is more than capable of exiting the building and then blowing it up.

but i told k4tz i had a few other ways. like EMP arrows, Sonic Arrows, etc

im still wondering how Hawkeye is gonna get tagged by Freeze as well. IIRC in Pre-52 he was slow and tanky, did he get a speed boost in the Nu 52?

KeeveyoTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr freeze. Eventually Hawk Eye will run out of arrows and Mr Freezes suit gives him strength.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@serrure: and Hawkeye is more than capable of exiting the building and then blowing it up.

For the sake of the fight, assume it's restricted to the warehouse. They're only leaving if they want to retreat.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@serrure: and Hawkeye is more than capable of exiting the building and then blowing it up.

For the sake of the fight, assume it's restricted to the warehouse. They're only leaving if they want to retreat.

fair enough. although i feel you limit Hawkeye a little with that, from what i gather in the comments Hawkeye doesnt need any help atm. ill keep my eye on this for the next few days but school comes first. i dont gots the time like i used to have.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to argue for characters leaving the building and blowing it up. I was always told that is against the battle logic rules and flies in the face of picking the building as a battle ground in the first place.

im still wondering how Hawkeye is gonna get tagged by Freeze as well. IIRC in Pre-52 he was slow and tanky, did he get a speed boost in the Nu 52?

From his little 3 way fight with Jason & one of the Talons, he didn't look slow, but I wouldn't say supremely fast either. He looked sort of average and to my understanding Jason wasn't really trying to hurt him. I know he had a run in with the birds of prey as well.

EMP or Electric Type Arrow should work fine IMO.

No Caption Provided

And yes I know he had his back turned and was jobbing when Roy shot him, but an electric type arrow would effect his suit greatly.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freeze wins but very slightly.

In a Warehouse He can make it inhospitable for Hawkeye and tag him.

Or He can corner Hawkeye With ice Walls and sort, which he can also use for his own defense...

Hawkeye has electric,explosive,foam/puddy/sticky,grappling arrows maybe even sonics.....I Just see Freeze keeping him in his toes while he fires back mutiple arrows ...It's too easy to say Hawkeye wins When good arguments can be said for Mr.Freeze given Batman does have trouble with him

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: so it would be safe to say that Hawkeye easily has a speed and reaction advantage over Freeze? yeah i maintain that Hawkeye should win but i'll wait a while longer and see. I'm always looking to be swayed and Freeze is one of my favorite Bat-villains. His back-story and character development in the Pre-52 was pretty amazing (in general)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: Freeze was better in the cartoon(90's) than in the comics to me(not combat wise, but story wise & character). Shrugs*** I actually think he had a more fleshed out story and was presented as more as a serious threat to Batman in cartoon series. I don't even like New 52 Freeze, he's just crazy & thought he was married? ;/

BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway combat wise, Mr. Freeze basically points and shoots and fires spray mode. I don't remember him having any significant reaction or aiming feats.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: I was about to mention this feat too.. Yes I actually believe freeze can take Hawkeye but very slightly... I don't think any arrows can cause as much damage as a blast from heatwave...

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: yep and thats why i dont read DC anymore they take a great character like Freeze and absolutely destroy him. nope no thank you

jorzolek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Mr. Freeze would take this one based on how he would utilize his cold gun.

If you think about it the cold gun is a good counter to arrows as he could easily blast them out of the air with a continued concentrated beam. 100 feet is not a great distance and it would be well within the effective range of the cold gun. If Hawkeye did not fire draw and fire his first arrow before Mr. Freeze had time to pull the trigger he would either be frozen or forced to duck into cover. A close blast of the cold gun might even be enough to mess up Hawkeye's bow.

If Hawkeye takes cover he has the advantage of dexterity and training that might let him avoid the salvos from the cold gun long enough to sink a kill shot, but it seems to me like the environment would quickly begin to favor Freeze as he can effectively re-shape the setting with large blasts from the cold gun.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Hiddenlight

Hawkeye doesn't pack some EMP arrows? Either way, I'm holding my vote until the 8~9 page, reading all the arguments in the way :P I know a lot about Hawkeye but almost nothing about Mr Freeze (But he is totally cool), and I think that it's a chance to learn about him.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@serrure: @lukehero: I'm not taking sides (not yet, that is...) and please keep in mind I have zero interest in debating who should win (for nooooooow), but maybe this will help add a little more to the discussion:

In case he wants more cover, he can fire mist. That's in addition to creating ice walls or just using the available cover.
In case he wants more cover, he can fire mist. That's in addition to creating ice walls or just using the available cover.

Obviously he's not a better hand-to-hand fighter than Clint, but the dude is far from helpless.
Obviously he's not a better hand-to-hand fighter than Clint, but the dude is far from helpless.

There's more, but I'd rather not do all of the work for the Freeze supporters! Just hoping this'll enhance the debate, I guess.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I have zero interest in debating who should win

I know. :D

Koop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I see it, Hawkeye right off the bat will notice that Freeze is wearing a suit that *MCU Cap voice* runs on some form of electricity and use his EMP arrow to immobilize him and then use some other trick arrow (electrical more likely) to knock him out. All while trying to dodge Freeze's gun. I don't think Freeze has enough time to freeze the whole place before then, but I'll hold my vote just to see more arguments as my decision may be liable to change. This is a good match up though. Really makes you think.

archerkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

Has Freeze ever gone up against Green Arrow?

Yes he has,It was in a smallville Comic and from what I remember,GA won.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Roy beat him, I think Clint can as well.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#141  Edited By Teerack

Freeze is kind of a chump. He's pretty much a nonthread in all of his fights until he gets like that one lucky opening where he is able to freeze something important.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

freeze can be trouble with somelike batman or any h2h street level charcter due to his freeze ray , armor, etc. hawkeye should be able to take him down .

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Freeze is kind of a chump. He's pretty much a nonthread in all of his fights until he gets like that one lucky opening where he is able to freeze something important.

Poor Freeze, he is not that bad from the fights that I've seen. I don't know much about him in the N52, but he was no pushover in the P52. But I want to see his fight against the Green Arrow that someone mentioned.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 k4tzm4n  Moderator

While he was focused on Starfire. CONTEXT, BRAH!

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Thats beside the point. That scan Lukehero posted proves, imho, that non blunt force attacks can put him down.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@allstarsuperman said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Thats beside the point. That scan Lukehero posted proves, imho, that non blunt force attacks can put him down.

There wouldn't be a match if one character didn't have a way to put down the other!

(JK. Next week is Galactus vs. Stilt-Man.)

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@allstarsuperman said:

gonna have to agree here... Hawkeye's EMP arrows also have more/better feats than Roy's do.

@k4tzm4n the arguments for Hawkeye just keep piling up. and whats more they are highly respected and knowledgeable debaters.

you better get some Freeze people in here.

Open Question

how well do you think Hawkeye's Putty arrows would work here. Think they could keep freeze immobilized long enough for Hawkeye to fire off several arrows in rapid succession

No Caption Provided

im just asking questions to help further my Hawkeye knowledge even more. i wanna put him up against the Great Batsy but ill need to be on my A++++ game

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

im just asking questions to help further my Hawkeye knowledge even more. i wanna put him up against the Great Batsy but ill need to be on my A++++ game

Batman punches through bazooka proof glass, you have no chance.

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By bobthened

Mr freeze in very dangerous, he tends to get underestimated because he only goes up against street level characters, while captain cold goes up against the flash etc.

but he is actually just as dangerous as CC.

and he can use freezing powers even without his gun...

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but he is actually just as dangerous as CC.

I doubt it