Victor Fries, a.k.a. Mr. Freeze, or Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye? There's going to be plenty of projectiles flying back and forth as these two battle, but which character is going to walk away as the winner? Will you side with the Marvel hero because of his impressive accuracy and the good variety of trick arrows he's bringing to the fight? Or do you think Mr. Freeze's offensive capabilities are going to overwhelm his opponent and the foe will eventually trap the Avenger in a whole lot of ice? The poll is open until Friday morning, so there's no need to make up your mind and pick a side (or too close to call!) just yet. As always, the rules are pretty important, so please be sure to read them before voting!
- Combatants are in character.
- The fight takes place in large warehouse. All of the lights are on and, aside from them, the location is unpopulated.
- They begin roughly 100 feet apart and both characters are very close to plenty of cover.
- Hawkeye has the usual assortment of trick arrows that the current version tends to use. Obviously, he doesn't have unlimited ammo with those. He has plenty of regular arrows.
- This is New 52 Mr. Freeze. He has his signature weapon and a few freeze grenades (that weapon was seen in BATMAN ANNUAL #1.)
- Incapacitation, knockout, death or submission/surrender all count as elimination.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than just complaining.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:
- The results of the poll.
- Thoughts from the staff.
- Viner arguments for both characters.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Don't forget to get your elaboration on below after you cast your vote!