Battle of the Week: Monarch vs Mordu

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

emperorthanos-  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week: Monarch vs Mordu (19 votes)

Monarch 53%
Mordu 37%
Too Close to Call 11%
No Caption Provided

This week we have a battle between two of DC most powerful characters. JSA Villain Mordu takes on Monarch. Credit to @life_without_progress for suggesting the battle

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side). PRe 52 versions for both. 20th century Mordu
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during midday and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the votes aren't going how they should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in the Results thread. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Saturday , and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Saturday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads.

• 
shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mordru I think.

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch.

This'd have to be 30th century Mordru to take it.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathaniel

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Monarch since this isn't 30th Century Mordru. Then again 30th Century Mordru had his magic blast no sold by Superboy Prime and Monarch was going toe to toe with Guardian amped Superman Prime.

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrStranger
@lvenger said:

30th Century Mordru had his magic blast no sold by Superboy Prime and Monarch was going toe to toe with Guardian amped Superman Prime.

Due to Prime's inordinate resistance to magic. This is literally the only time I can recall ANYONE tanking 30th century Mordru's attacks like this.

No Caption Provided

Monarch enjoys no such advantage.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Monarch.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By WollfMyth209

This Mordru hasn't displayed the ability to stomp literally 52 versions of a high tier character like Captain Atom simultaneously.

Even Monarch's casual blasts can level a continent/planet, so I doubt Mordru can properly defend against what he's packing. And God forbid Mordru actually fully break the armour; the chain reaction would destroy the universe, and I don't think 20th Century Fox Mor has displayed the ability to shield himself from being in the very center of such an attack.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Happily surprised to see Monarch appearing more recently. I think he’d win this too for reasons already stated, like the fact that if his armor was broken it would just destroy the universe. And we know from later that Monarch actually survived that explosion by downgrading to a memory-lost Captain Atom.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@mrstranger: But on the flip side this is 20th Century Mordru, not 30th Centurty, so his damage output is lower by comparison. And given how much Monarch has tanked he can handle Mordru’s spells.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that Monarch was tanking shots from some of the strongest Supermen in the multiverse, so much so that he barely moved, I say that he's definitely a threat here, as well as his attack speed literally hitting dudes going at the speed of light (and killing them in one shot, may I add) he'll be more than likely able to win here.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14 higherpower  Moderator

Yeah probably Monarch.

Avatar image for galan_destroyer
Galan_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points