Battle Of The Week: Miles Morales VS Blade

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by jashro44 (55187 posts) 2 years, 6 months ago

Poll: Battle Of The Week: Miles Morales VS Blade (89 votes)

Miles Morales 33%
Blade 65%
Too Close To Call 2%

No Caption Provided

For this weeks battle of the week, in honor of black history month, we are putting Blade against Miles Morales! Who wins?!? You decide!

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

#101 Posted by Warlockmage (9520 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001 i think you'll be interested in this, i did some research into Miles' Venom Sting... its not as infallible as his fanboys would have you believe its entirely inconsistent, and basically as effective as plot demands it

Venom Sting couldn't drop Ultimate Taskmaster, but it 1 shots a guy whos more durable and has a better healing factor

never mind that he usually forgets to use it in fights

No Caption Provided

so the argument "Venom Sting" doesn't scream 5/10 majority and since thats all anyone seems to be arguing im going to stick with Blade

#102 Edited by Sovereign91001 (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: Well I clearly want to see if you can think of a way blade can take the venom blast like you said you were going to.

Then maybe ask me that next time, instead of whatever your first post was supposed to be.

@sovereign91001 i think you'll be interested in this, i did some research into Miles' Venom Sting... its not as infallible as his fanboys would have you believe its entirely inconsistent, and basically as effective as plot demands it

Venom Sting couldn't drop Ultimate Taskmaster, but it 1 shots a guy whos more durable and has a better healing factor

No Caption Provided

so the argument "Venom Sting" doesn't scream 5/10 majority and since thats all anyone seems to be arguing im going to stick with Blade

Well done.

#103 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: many teens sound like teens. By the way the talk, slang, voice pitch, etc. you clearly do not meet teens often, little bastards they are.

#104 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18929 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: I thought I did but ok.

@warlockmage said:

The reason why that didn't work is because taskmaster has the ability to absorb people's powers.

No Caption Provided

Even if we ignored that context that would still only be one time the venom blast failed so I am not sure where you got this "it only works half of the time" statement.

Also the scan of miles saying he forgets to use it is from when he was in the ultimate universe and still a newb no less.Miles uses his venom blast quite a lot more these days.

Should've done more through research.

#105 Posted by Warlockmage (9520 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000: i dont think he absorbed miles venom sting because of 2 reasons

1. it caught him by surprise

2. it very clearly hurt him

did plenty of research thanks, its about understanding the context of what happened.

still waiting for you to address the he forgets to use it in many of his fights (because he does) part, which i noticed you ignored while making an attempt to take a shot at me. heres the thing buddy better men than you have tried and failed and i certainly expect more effort than "should have done more research"

better luck next time kiddo

#106 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18929 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage:

dont think he absorbed miles venom sting because of 2 reasons

1. it caught him by surprise

I don't think that really matters.He was caught off guard later too when Cloak and Dagger showed up and dagger threw her light blasts at him, yet he still absorbed them.

2. it very clearly hurt him

Thing is he was also harmed by bomshell's exposion and yet he absorbed that too.

If taking all taskmaster down took was surprising him then they would have done that instead of needing Cloak to eat the guy or whatever it is he does.

still waiting for you to address the he forgets to use it in many of his fights (because he does) part, which i noticed you ignored while making an attempt to take a shot at me. heres the thing buddy better men than you have tried and failed and i certainly expect more effort than "should have done more research"

Cool, the thing is your scan was from when he was still 13 and still learning how to be Spider-Man. Miles uses his venom blast a lot more these days like he did against Ox, Dr.Sharon, Venom, Hammerhead, and Blackheart.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

And despite what miles said I can't recall one fight miles had in the ultimate universe where he didn't use the venom blast.His fight with ult. venom,scorpion, GG,ult. omega red, and prowler all had him using it.

#107 Edited by Sovereign91001 (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@sovereign91001: many teens sound like teens. By the way the talk, slang, voice pitch, etc. you clearly do not meet teens often, little bastards they are.

and many sound like grown adults in terms of baritone and pitch because of puberty and as I said it is further muffled by his mask. He has the size of a adult male and probably sounds like one. And even if he didn't he may just be a man with a higher pitched voice. In any event there is no way for Blade to tell, unless Miles indicates it somehow, which stretches credulity.

#108 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:

and many sound like grown adults in terms of baritone and pitch because of puberty and as I said it is further muffled by his mask. He has the size of a adult male and probably sounds like one. And even if he didn't he may just be a man with a higher pitched voice. In any event there is no way for Blade to tell, unless Miles indicates it somehow, which stretches credulity.

Most of your argument falls apart when characters right before secrete wars, and even after have asked or pointed out Miles is a kid. Even when they dont know who he is or never met him before. So.....

#109 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18929 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Miles is near 17 right now so honestly I don't he would sound like a kid.

#110 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000: funny. Miles was 13 when he got his powers. Turn 15 by the end of Ultimate Universe. Yet he Age 2 more years by Secret Wars? Did Secret Wars age everyone by 2 years? How does this work?

#111 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18929 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: idk but this is what miles told Gwen during their crossover.

No Caption Provided

#112 Posted by Sovereign91001 (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: so he's a 13 months off of 18. Still want to push him sounding like a child?

#113 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: so he's a 13 months off of 18. Still want to push him sounding like a child?

Yes. When he was 15 he was mentioned by people to sound like a kid. Also how the hell is he 5'8? He sure is drawn short as shit in all my comics of him. here he is as 15-16 in Ultimate Marvel.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Guess everyone is a giant in marvel? You really have no case here for lethal attacks.

• He is always called out as a kid. Sounds, looks, possibly smells like a teen to Vampire Blade.
  • He is a super hero and Spider Man, something Blade would not go all out against.

That simple. It was piss poor logic to justify Blade murdering Miles as you seem to think he would.

#114 Edited by Sovereign91001 (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Come off of it.

That's fine and dandy he's almost two years older now, so what people were saying then is really irrelevant.

Drawn Height consistency isn't an argument, Wolverines drawn about three different heights in Marvel (and its worse female characters) it doesn't stop the fact that he's only five foot three. If you have an issue with the way the characters drawn take it up with Marvel but the fact of the matter is miles is five foot eight whether you choose to acknowledge that or not.

You're reaching when you said it the first time and you're still reaching now. Blade is not some sort of human carbon dater that can tell a person's age just by smelling them. He's never indicated any sort of ability to do that.

Miles has the height of a man, he's a year and one month away from being legally a man, it stands to reason he probably sounds like a man. Not an eleven-year-old prepubescent boy like you seem to think.

I didn't say he'd murder him. I said a few post ago he can shoot or stab to disable I never said he go around lopping Miles head off. The original point I made still stands there's no reasonable way for blade to know that miles is under 18.

Edit: From a biological standpoint miles pretty much is an adult human.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#115 Posted by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

When people argue about two characters fighting, they wanna know would win in a "all out" fight / who is superior.

comments like this "Miles sounds like a child, and I'm sure via hormones and such, smells like a teen to those super senses. Not only that Miles is a hero and Spider Man. To say he will use lethal force is pretty stretching it. Just want to point that out."

are not valid arguments in my opinion.

#116 Posted by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Come off of it.

That's fine and dandy he's almost two years older now, so what people were saying then is really irrelevant.

Drawn Height consistency isn't an argument, Wolverines drawn about three different heights in Marvel (and its worse female characters) it doesn't stop the fact that he's only five foot three. If you have an issue with the way the characters drawn take it up with Marvel but the fact of the matter is miles is five foot eight whether you choose to acknowledge that or not.

You're reaching when you said it the first time and you're still reaching now. Blade is not some sort of human carbon dater that can tell a person's age just by smelling them. He's never indicated any sort of ability to do that.

Miles has the height of a man, he's a year and one month away from being legally a man, it stands to reason he probably sounds like a man. Not an eleven-year-old prepubescent boy like you seem to think.

I didn't say he'd murder him. I said a few post ago he can shoot or stab to disable I never said he go around lopping Miles head off. The original point I made still stands there's no reasonable way for blade to know that miles is under 18.

I also agree with @sovereign91001

#117 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

When people argue about two characters fighting, they wanna know would win in a "all out" fight / who is superior.

comments like this "Miles sounds like a child, and I'm sure via hormones and such, smells like a teen to those super senses. Not only that Miles is a hero and Spider Man. To say he will use lethal force is pretty stretching it. Just want to point that out."

are not valid arguments in my opinion.

Going all out is not the same as Morals off or ignoring in character. Nice try. I also could care less you think that is invalid. I think Blade shooting a clear cut teen with Spider powers, and is a hero invalid. No matter how much you are cheerleading for Sovereign.

#118 Edited by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: WOW ... that escalated quickly.

No reason getting butthurt about it.

I never said its the same. But I am pretty sure, anybody would go all out, if a guy with superpowers attacks you.

Pulling the "holding back card" out of your ass isnt changing the outcome of the fight.

#119 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: WOW ... that escalated quickly.

No reason getting butthurt about it.

Heh heh, says the guy who took the time to tag me, and now using words like butthurt to get more of a reaction. Try harder mate ;)

#120 Edited by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Try harder ?

I dont care about your reaction... All I am trying to do, is tell you exactly what I think.

But yes ... You reacted kinda butthurt about my opinion

#121 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Try harder ?

I dont care about your reaction... All I am trying to do, is tell you exactly what I think.

But yes ... You reacted kinda butthurt about my opinion

Uh huh.

#122 Posted by Sovereign91001 (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: oh and by the way in that picture you put up you have Clint Barton who is 6'3 almost at eye level with Jessica Drew who is 5'5 but somehow she's taller than Miles who is 5'8. So yeah drawn height still not an argument

#123 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: oh and by the way in that picture you put up you have Clint Barton who is 6'3 almost at eye level with Jessica Drew who is 5'5 but somehow she's taller than Miles who is 5'8. So yeah drawn height still not an argument

Uh huh. Yeah. Sure. Blade will kill a kid hero. No doubt.

#124 Posted by Sovereign91001 (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Yet again I already said he wouldn't necessarily kill him... but hold on to that 'point' it's that about all that's left, the rest of the argument has been thoroughly debunked.

#125 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Yet again I already said he wouldn't necessarily kill him... but hold on to that 'point' it's that about all that's left, the rest of the argument has been thoroughly debunked.

uh huh, sure. Totally debunk the one touch Venom Sting and Web incap options. Strength advantage. Shoot Miles in the dick. Got it.