Battle Of The Week: Miles Morales VS Blade

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Battle Of The Week: Miles Morales VS Blade (93 votes)

Miles Morales 34%
Blade 63%
Too Close To Call 2%

No Caption Provided

For this weeks battle of the week, in honor of black history month, we are putting Blade against Miles Morales! Who wins?!? You decide!

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

• 
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll be backing Blade. I'll drop scans and arguments later tonight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:

Also I've been infrequent recently but props for keeping this going Jash

Thank you.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles Morales.

I think as a general rule, any spider person could beat Blade.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@lukehero said:
No Caption Provided

this might just be the most beautiful thing ive ever seen. thank you for blessing this post with that

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd think Blade, but what I hear of his ranking is inconsistent, or possibly he himself is.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lukehero said:
No Caption Provided

this might just be the most beautiful thing ive ever seen. thank you for blessing this post with that

Now that is funny shit.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Comment of the week. No contest. Everyone else gets second place. Lol

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blade curbstomps

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheWatcherKing

blade curbstomps

Blade doesn't curb at all.Not even close.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5
deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles Morales.

Do you want to elaborate since Miles is losing the polls?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@mrmonster said:

Miles Morales.

Do you want to elaborate since Miles is losing the polls?

Well, Miles will first need a multi million block buster movie with crazy effects and story to have a chance to beat Blade :)

Though the first and 2nd Blade movies are vastly underrated.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I think put out more feats for Blade than anyone else can, and I'm siding with Miles lol

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:
No Caption Provided

That is the best post I've seen in a while. Lol

astrelke207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles is too inexperienced imo. Blade is stronger, faster, is equipped with magic, and has a killing intent. Miles is pretty much a younger Spider-man with camouflage and venom blasts and strike, which are both kinda ineffective against blade since he has inhuman senses and a healing factor. Miles is smarter, is able to demobilize him with his webs, and of course there is always the spider sense. It could go both ways honestly, but I think more times than not Blade wins due to having more experience and Miles not really having an effective way to put him down (whereas all Blade has to do is get a hold of Miles once and it's pretty much over)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jashro44
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Got home late and crashed last night, my bad.

I used to debate for Blade a lot on the boards, so I'm really looking forward to bringing some of his stuff back out, most of these scans I'm using were from older debates I had, before I used to keep track of issue numbers, so pardon that.

Speed

I've seen a few people say that Miles is above Blade in speed, I dispute that. Blade has been pretty consistently shown to have a degree of superhuman speed and reflexes. If there is a speed gap, it's minor enough that it won't really matter, Blade certainly isn't going to be out paced to any meaningful degree. To back that up here are some scans:

Keeps pace with a bloodlusted Vampire Spider-Man:

Sword swinging speed

'Time slows'

'Time slows again'

No Caption Provided

Moves to fast for Vampire's to track

No Caption Provided

Reacts to bullets after they've been shot.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He's pulled the 'disappear in front of you' trick ala Batman, as @warlockmage pointed out he has kept pace with Spitfire who is sonic++ in movement speed and even some of his older showings have him deflecting bullets at point black range:

No Caption Provided

So, yeah like I said above, I see this as a wash, or a minor difference at best.

Strength

Miles probably has Blade here; Blades best feats put him between 2-5 tons (I've heard the occasional person say 10 but I think that's overblown tbh), this isn't a huge deal for two reasons:

1.) Blade's gear will let him get the damage he needs to put Miles down, he doesn't need to trade punches with him.

2.) The gap will only come into play if this turns into a wrestling/grappling contest. In a striking battle Blade's superior skill should mitigate much of the damage Miles can inflict through blocking, strike deflection, superior technique, etc.

Skill

I don't think anyone is going to make a serious argument for Miles being over Blade in fighting skill. But just in case:

H2H skills

Firearm Skills

No Caption Provided

Throwing weapon skill

No Caption Provided

Gear

Not too much to say here: Blade carries, a sword or two, stakes, throwing knives, glavies and usually a couple of firearms (typically pistols or SMG's). All of those spell a bad end for Miles as they take a strength of his, his blunt force durability and circumvent it. If he has his Adamantium Odachi, things get a lot worse for Miles, but even without it he has a pretty sizeable gear cache that will mitigate some of his weakness' here (strength) and make some of Miles' strengths non factors.

Other stuff

Miles invisibility should be countered by Blade's superhuman senses, although not often touched on, he has an excellent sense of smell that was able to track Spitfire across New York and catch whiff of the Punisher

No Caption Provided

It was brought up (by Cadence I think) that Blade won't use lethal force against Miles because he is a child. I'd like to point out that the battle conditions are a random encounter and these two haven't encountered each other before to my knowledge. Miles stands at 5'8 according to his databook entry, which makes him average height for an adult male. Blade has no way of knowing Miles is a child and unless it comes up in conversation, he wouldn't know and would fight him like any other hero he's encountered. His encounters with Wolverine, Deadpool and Spider-Man prove he has no problem stabbing/shooting other heroes if he needs to.

Here's the breakdown as I see it:

Strength: Miles

Speed: Draw

Gear: Blade

Skill: Blade

So, given all the above I think Blade takes the win here.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001:did blade shoot out Spider-Mans kneecaps? oh thats gonna trigger some people

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: What makes you think that blade can take miles' venom blast though? I mean if miles goes for this then blade is going down real quick.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: What makes you think that blade can take miles' venom blast though? I mean if miles goes for this then blade is going down real quick.

hes never used it on someone as fast as blade...

Venom was holding back and didnt want to fight (iirc)

and Spider-Man was sick and surprised.

he hasn't used it on anyone of Blades skill and/or speed.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: I'll put up some durability scans and address tha sting in its own post later tonight.

@warlockmage: Yup. Peter give him hell over it later in the comic,lol.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000 said:

He tagged people as fast as Blade. Not sure why we need to see him using Venom Sting on a fast foe when its a on touch move. All we need to prove is he can tag someone that fast with a touch, which he can.

Venom? Venom was activley trying to get at Miles, got merced by said Sting, and had to run away. It was injured greatly from one touch, and in the seond fight Venom Symbiot died from multiple Stings.

That is true, yet all we have to prove is Miles touching someone with it. best part is sick ass Peter was sting a second time after knowing about it. Through the webbing. He was then KOed for hours.

He has physically tagged Ultimate Spider Woman, Kid Nova, Ultimate Peter, Warmachines doing strafing runs, Ultimate Taskmaster, and im sure done more during secret wars and current 616 timeline though I dont read it. No reason Blade, who will be holding back on a kid anyway, not to get tagged by stated Microsecond reaction time, by stated Speed equivalent of a Spider by 616 Tony.

@watcher5000: I'll put up some durability scans and address tha sting in its own post later tonight.

I pray you do not try to low ball the venom Sting. It has NEVER failed on anything in comics, and KOed some heavy hitters many times already. Not much you can say against it unless you make stuff up. If you want to argue Miles loses before pulling it off, that be reasonable, but I wait with concern on how you try to downplay Miles biggest advatage.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000 said:

1. He has shown he can fight people who are fast so that shouldn't matter.
  2. What?? Venom is the one that started the fight and was angry at miles for fighting on the opposite side than peter would.

3. No offense but the argument of peter not knowing miles had a venom blast ability is really dumb as most fights people aren't informed of the other person's full abilities and if the person was really better stat, ability and battle wise then it wouldn't change the outcome. And although Peter did say he felt fluish (not that he was sick but felt like it) it couldn't have been by so much as miles wasn't effected negatively at all the two times he went through the portal.

He has tagged dozens of fast people.

@warlockmage: Yup. Peter give him hell over it later in the comic,lol.

I don't see how that will help since the venom blast has taken down people more durable like Ox,Hammerhead,Ms.Marvel and many others but go ahead I guess.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: did it work on Miss marvel? Are talking original Carol or the Muslim teen? Scans of that? That would be a great feat either way.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@sirfizzwhizz: Kamala khan.

Although it was when Regent had miles powers I still think it would count as he only used miles' powers.

No Caption Provided

JarlBallin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eric Brooks ftw. Kills that Ultimate reject.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does he win?If you can't explain it then take your hate somewhere else.

JarlBallin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jarlballin said:

Hes much more skilled than he is, has a better healing factor. And nothing wrong with disliking a character. I'll say it again. Eric Brooks should win comfortably against the Ultimate reject. Why don't you take your insecurity elsewhere?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@jarlballin said:
@watcher5000 said:
@jarlballin said:

Hes much more skilled than he is, has a better healing factor. And nothing wrong with disliking a character. I'll say it again. Eric Brooks should win comfortably against the Ultimate reject. Why don't you take your insecurity elsewhere?

How will he take his venom blast though?

And I am fine with you not liking a character.Just hating a character for no reason is weird though.Plus I wanted to make sure you had actual reasons for blade winning.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: did it work on Miss marvel? Are talking original Carol or the Muslim teen? Scans of that? That would be a great feat either way.

As a Muslim I can tell you Venom Sting is filled with pork though...so it's like Kyprtonite.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

As a Muslim I can tell you Venom Sting is filled with pork though...so it's like Kyprtonite.

No Caption Provided

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade takes this. Enough speed and strength too keep up but several times more skilled and can one shot with a good sword strike.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember this is the last day to debate I plan on closing this at 6:00PM tomorrow (unless something comes up).

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@sovereign91001: Miles sounds like a child, and I'm sure via hormones and such, smells like a teen to those super senses. Not only that Miles is a hero and Spider Man. To say he will use lethal force is pretty stretching it. Just want to point that out.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Miles sounds like a child, and I'm sure via hormones and such, smells like a teen to those super senses. Not only that Miles is a hero and Spider Man. To say he will use lethal force is pretty stretching it. Just want to point that out.

If he's older than 12 his voice probably sounds like a man's which is further distorted by his mask and you're reaching with the hormone thing.

He's shot and stabbed hero's before, in any event he doesn't need to shoot or stab to kill, he can disable as well.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Still has no defense to miles venom blast.

That's like saying Miles has no defense for a sword or a bullet, what's your point?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000 said:

That's like saying Miles has no defense for a sword or a bullet, what's your point?

Difference is that the venom blast is going to instantly put blade down.While even if miles were to somehow get shot or stabbed it doesn't instantly make the fight over.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001 said:
@watcher5000 said:

Difference is that the venom blast is going to instantly put blade down.While even if miles were to somehow get shot or stabbed it doesn't instantly make the fight over.

Depends on where he gets shot or stabbed. So again, what's your point?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Well I clearly want to see if you can think of a way blade can take the venom blast like you said you were going to.