Battle Of The Week: Miles Morales VS Blade

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by jashro44 (55156 posts) 2 years, 6 months ago

Poll: Battle Of The Week: Miles Morales VS Blade (89 votes)

Miles Morales 33%
Blade 65%
Too Close To Call 2%

No Caption Provided

For this weeks battle of the week, in honor of black history month, we are putting Blade against Miles Morales! Who wins?!? You decide!

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

#1 Posted by Cosmic_Templar (2571 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking Blade wins due to superior experience and skills. But Miles will give him a run for his money because of the abilities that he brings to the table. His venom sting and invisibility may be able to turn the tide in his favour. After all, the venom sting hurt Mephisto so it should be able to stun Blade at least temporarily.

#2 Posted by Nima_ (2104 posts) - - Show Bio

So is the venom sting hax or no?

#3 Posted by Lvenger (36344 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully this should make for an interesting debate.

#4 Posted by juiceboks (25155 posts) - - Show Bio

Backing Eric, he's comparable enough stat-wise and has skill and experience in spades.

#5 Posted by Amendment50 (16096 posts) - - Show Bio

VENOM STING

#6 Posted by Cosmic_Templar (2571 posts) - - Show Bio

@nima_ said:

So is the venom sting hax or no?

It hurt Mephisto so I'm not sure. It has never seemed to fail when he's used it.

#7 Posted by BruceRogers (17789 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Cosmic_Templar (2571 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_templar: Wasn't he explicitly weak to the sting?

Yeah I know. So probably not a good showing but his venom sting seems to affect everyone he's used it on.

#9 Posted by GIliad_ (6759 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd put my money on Blade. Physically he's comparable - matching combat speed & just falling short in strength (probably) - but Blade's got a lot more skill and experience. Furthermore he uses a more lethally orientated arsenal. Firearms and bladed weaponry that, unlike concussive force of a strike, aren't as easily withstood or recovered from.

#10 Posted by GIliad_ (6759 posts) - - Show Bio

Also I've been infrequent recently but props for keeping this going Jash

Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
#11 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade is a beast, but I am not sure how well he stacks up against Miles' venom.

#12 Posted by Cosmic_Templar (2571 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

Blade is a beast, but I am not sure how well he stacks up against Miles' venom.

Yeah, that would be the main problem to contend with. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never seen his venom sting fail against a foe.

#13 Edited by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_templar: Not that I can think of, it has floored some pretty heavyweight opponents, Fin Fang Foom and Ultimate Venom for example.

#14 Posted by Cosmic_Templar (2571 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

@cosmic_templar: Not that I can think of, it has floored some pretty heavyweight opponents, Fin Fang Foom and Ultimate Venom for example.

Right, so there's no reason to think that it wouldn't work on Eric. But I think he would be able to overcome it and he wouldn't let Miles use it a second time.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#15 Posted by christianrapper (6589 posts) - - Show Bio

miles still out stats him by a lot. he is a 10 tonner and is considerably faster. he wins pretty easily if he is going all out. since this is in character, he will just fight him and look for a chance to use his venom sting.

#16 Posted by RabumAlal (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

What can Blade do? Miles is fast, strong durable ans obviously VENOM STING. gg Blade

#17 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

What can Blade do? Miles is fast, strong durable ans obviously VENOM STING. gg Blade

He could cut his head off.

#18 Posted by Warlockmage (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

the only thing Miles outstats him on (as far as i can tell) is strength. otherwise i might argue Blade is faster because of his fights with Wolverine.

Blade is certainly more durable and his healing factor should help negate the venom sting.

im still gonna leave this to better debaters than i, because i don't know Blade or Miles all that well.

good luck guys

#19 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal said:

Can I see Blade cutting the head off any good guy? He still has morals, and he never used lethal attacks on kids. Much less Spider man related characters who are kids.

This is one of the worst comments I seen so far, though i am sure more terrible logic is to come.

#20 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I will be the minority, I mean batman Beyond beat Miles in Battle of the Week last time lol, but I will side with Miles.

Strength

Miles is much stronger. 10 toner easy as stated in bio and by feats.

Speed

Miles is faster. he has stated micro Second reaction times by Tony Stark, and has shown incredible speed feats to match any other Spider character in 616.

Durability

Miles is very durable. Blade cutting weapons and bullets ignore the blunt damage Miles has, but then Blades Morals limit him as well. Meanwhile Blaeds durability and healing is useless verse Webbing incap and Venom Sting.

Morals/In Character

Morals, Blade is not going to be lethal to a kid. A Spider Man kid. he simply is not. He has high sense of honor, and he does hold back vs other heroes. Anyone saying otherwise is just being silly.

Abilities/Gear

Miles also has the advatage in gear/abilities. Webbing, Spider Sense, and Venom Sting > Blades Healing Factor and weapons that Blade will hold back on.

Skill

Skill wise Blade beats Miles. That is all Eric has going for hi. Thats it. Even then, Miles has super effective Spider Sense as shown in recent All New Avenger comics, and Miles has had combat training from Shield as stated in his bio. he is not so outclass he cannot win via his stat afavatge, and power advatage.

Conclusions

Seriously though, this is about one move. Venom Sting. He can also Web spam, though if shit really hits the fans, its one touch, and good night for Blade.

No Caption Provided

#21 Posted by GIliad_ (6759 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by g2_ (12774 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade gets a venom sting, to the face. Just kidding, Blade wins.

#23 Posted by Warlockmage (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

sigh i really do get tired of hearing "venom sting GG" at least showcase that he can tag someone as fast as Blade. (and no a sick and surprised Spider-Man does not count) but seriously saying "venom sting bitchez" is no longer a good argument

#24 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@giliad_ said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Ever get tired of fightig for the losing side? :P

Nah. I have Godzilla, Spawn, and Ghost Rider to keep me sane. those three characters seem to have huge fanbases still in arguments.

@warlockmage said:

sigh i really do get tired of hearing "venom sting GG" at least showcase that he can tag someone as fast as Blade. (and no a sick and surprised Spider-Man does not count) but seriously saying "venom sting bitchez" is no longer a good argument

Why should Blade not get tagged? He gets tagged by guys like Werewolf By Night in stories. Not that it matters. Miles has speed feats to suggest he can tag Blade. So we dont need to show him using it on a speedster. We see Miles tag with webbing and his fist speedy foes. Since its touch base, that is all is needed to be proven. Unless we throw logic and common sense out the window that Miles cannot perform a touch base attack on a speedster even though he tag speedy foes.

#25 Posted by Warlockmage (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: because Blade has dodged several blows from Spitefire (who moves at Mach 3+ speeds)

oh and he was able to dodge and fight evenly with the much much much faster Peter Parker.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

so yeah you do need to show him tagging someone whos relatively fast because the more current Bladeis very very very fast

#26 Posted by LpnQ (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

"Venom sting bitchez"

#27 Posted by HigorM (8935 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been curious about Blade feats, how many worthmentioning foes he defeated in a straight up fight?

#28 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Don't you think that is a bit hyperbolic? Most street level characters have milisecond reaction. Microsecond reaction is 1000x faster than that and plus, microsecond = 1000 nanoseconds which in other words is "light foot". Based on that statement, his reaction is equal to 0.001% of the speed of light.

#29 Posted by Warlockmage (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Don't you think that is a bit hyperbolic? Most street level characters have milisecond reaction. Microsecond reaction is 1000x faster than that and plus, microsecond = 1000 nanoseconds which in other words is "light foot". Based on that statement, his reaction is equal to 0.001% of the speed of light.

its an extreme outlier... like Iron Fist's Microsecond feat.

Miles is not faster than Wolverine, T'challa, or Iron Fist and hes certainly not faster than Peter.

#30 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: Yeah I know. Microsecond reaction is something you will see preformed by Superman.

#31 Posted by Warlockmage (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I really wish i knew more about Blade... ive been looking for his fight against Wolverine forever now (it was a pretty badass and gruesome fight)

his character development isnt the best, but his stories are generally good.

#32 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: Yeah, he has his high ends. Like most characters. I mean I can show Punisher also tagging Hypersonic speedsters like Burnout, and Spider Man been tagged many times by Punisher too.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Your point? Is Punisher too fast for Miles? Thats your logic.

Instead of ABC logic base on plot, how about stand alone feats. Like this.

No Caption Provided

Microsecond reaction time to break a object in that time frame.

#33 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: It was more of a very short scrap really. But they came off as more or less equal.

#34 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@citizensentry said:
@rabumalal said:

Can I see Blade cutting the head off any good guy? He still has morals, and he never used lethal attacks on kids. Much less Spider man related characters who are kids.

This is one of the worst comments I seen so far, though i am sure more terrible logic is to come.

Pipe down fizz, you used to be somebody now you're not. All you do now is get salty over minor things (look above) and get involved with things that don't concern you (look above).

If you look at the OP yes it does say that combatants are in character, but it also says that Death is a way of victory, so if Blade has no means to incapacitate, KO or even BFR Miles then he will have to resort to deadly force. I.e. cutting his head off.

#35 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger said:

@warlockmage: Yeah I know. Microsecond reaction is something you will see preformed by Superman.

Yet it is a non ABC logic stated feat of reaction time. Never said combat sped. Know the difference. Considering Peter has near precog with his Spider Sense, Miles should damn well have Microsecond reaction time.

@higorm said:

I've always been curious about Blade feats, how many worthmentioning foes he defeated in a straight up fight?

@warlockmage said:

@krleavenger: I really wish i knew more about Blade... ive been looking for his fight against Wolverine forever now (it was a pretty badass and gruesome fight)

his character development isnt the best, but his stories are generally good.

I have Tons of Blade feats. And most of them are pre vampire though some post. Each Dracula related story, Blade is dog shit as a character. Very obsessive to cringe worthy.

Minor Vampire Powers/Classic

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Morbius takes on Blade for the first time. Blade gets rekt.

Blade and Dracula first fight in Tomb of Dracula. Blade gets rekt.

Next battle has Blade and Dracula's great descendant Drake team up, driving Dracula off.

The next great fight has Blade, Drake, Rachel Helsing, and Qunicy Harker team up. All of Dracula's worst foes team united to beat, and stake the Lord of Vampires.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Blade gets rekt again by Dracula.

After Dracula reforms like he always does, he has a rematch with Blade, and stomps Blade again in pure bat form.

In this fight, Blade tricks Dracula into a false truths, only to have a posse waiting to ambush the vampire. They stake him, and leave the job unfinished. Unknowingly Dracula had his brides follow him, remove the stake, and then Dracula awaited their return. Off panel he kills Blade's partners, and chases Blade off.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Blade returns for one more big fight, only this time possessed by a Vampire himself. With the full vampire benefits instead of the minor stats Blade originally had, Blade goes for the kill. However, the possessed vampire and Blade could not utilize Blade's skill to the fullest at all, and Dracula beats him handily.

Post Vampire Powers

Well later into the 90s, Blade now has his stronger Vampire abilities, and still gets rekt by a mentally off his game Dracula.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13

Morbius match with Blade, Hannibal, and Drake. The Nightstalkers. Morbius does well in a 3 on 1 up till another character kidnaps Morbius.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13Gallery image 14Gallery image 15Gallery image 16

Finally, we have Morbius and Werewolf by Night taking on Switchblade. This is Blade possessing dark magic power from the Darkhold book itself, and has a huge power boost. Switchblade handily deals with Morbius and Jack, but then fails to kill Morbius. Morbius does a quick feeding on a homeless man, and gets back in the fight. Morbius is overwhelmed again, but holds his own well considering the gap in power.

#36 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry:

Pipe down fizz, you used to be somebody now you're not. All you do now is get salty over minor things (look above) and get involved with things that don't concern you (look above).

First off, nice try to insult. I was being pretty reasonable, and then you try to flame me with that weak ass line? For shame mate. Also, I feel the need to address the comment since it was false and terrible logic. So yes, I did feel the need to address it.

If you look at the OP yes it does say that combatants are in character, but it also says that Death is a way of victory, so if Blade has no means to incapacitate, KO or even BFR Miles then he will have to resort to deadly force. I.e. cutting his head off.

Once again, a simple request. Show me Blade killing a hero, much less a child hero. Please do. Stop attacking my "cred" like I care, and put your money where you mouth is mate.

Thank you for your time good sir.

#37 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: But I never said combat speed. I myself said reaction speed. I know the difference.

#38 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: But I never said combat speed. I myself said reaction speed. I know the difference.

Ok, so what wrong having reaction speed of that level considering Peter's own Precog like reaction speed? I dont see the issue with the feat.

#39 Edited by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: It is pretty high end showing considering the fact that it is 1000x greater than pretty much all consistent showing of most street level characters. It's like you moved 186 miles per second which is a lot. Then again, that is just my opinion LOL.

#40 Posted by KrleAvenger (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage: I was just about to ask does anybody actually care about Blade? It looks like not even Marvel cares about him.

#41 Posted by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry:

First off, nice try to insult. I was being pretty reasonable, and then you try to flame me with that weak ass line? For shame mate. Also, I feel the need to address the comment since it was false and terrible logic. So yes, I did feel the need to address it.

Once again, a simple request. Show me Blade killing a hero, much less a child hero. Please do. Stop attacking my "cred" like I care, and put your money where you mouth is mate.

That wasn't an insult. If I tried to insult you i'd be IP banned.

Once again, I never tried to "flame" you, just stating facts. You used to be a "good" debater, then you went up against Lvenger & GhostRavage, got salty and descended into madness.

It wasn't faulty logic, somebody asked what Blade can do and i stated that "he could his head off" that isn't faulty logic, you are thinking of "faulty reasoning".

You didn't feel the need to do anything, you wanted to do it. Big difference.

I fail to see why i need to do so, this is a hypothetical situation, I could ask you to show me Miles Morales beating Blade in a fight, and if we go by your logic due to the fact that Miles has never beaten Blade in a fight then it is impossible to see him doing.

#42 Posted by Nefarious (35705 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles would have to fight smart in order to win.

#43 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry:

That wasn't an insult. If I tried to insult you i'd be IP banned.

Once again, I never tried to "flame" you, just stating facts. You used to be a "good" debater, then you went up against Lvenger & GhostRavage, got salty and descended into madness.

Wow, you think my madness started from a CaV that started over a year ago? Hate to break it to ya, I had saltier CaVs well before that. Strange that one moment is when i became a bad debater. I always been a salty son of a bitch lol. No doubt. I think you just never noticed.

It wasn't faulty logic, somebody asked what Blade can do and i stated that "he could his head off" that isn't faulty logic, you are thinking of "faulty reasoning".

Same thing. Your logic is he will cut off his head... this is not even worth discussing with ya actually. You said something un "reasonable' and I called it out is all. It felt like mis information.

You didn't feel the need to do anything, you wanted to do it. Big difference.

I felt the need to address "faulty reasoning' to keep un educated people from being mislead on what Blade and Miles can do. if you meant it as dry sarcasm, my bad. Hard to tell online.

I fail to see why i need to do so, this is a hypothetical situation, I could ask you to show me Miles Morales beating Blade in a fight, and if we go by your logic due to the fact that Miles has never beaten Blade in a fight then it is impossible to see him doing.

We can argue the facts why Miles may win a fight. By using feats of what he has done. You are arguing feats that Blade simply never shown in character. You know you are wrong right? Like you really have no way to legit defend your comment here?

#44 Posted by Nathaniel_Adam (3874 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems to me that Miles uses the venom sting more frequently noawadays. I think it will cost Blade this match, however I wouldn't be surprised if he won.

#45 Posted by GIliad_ (6759 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

Huh, so your still around eh? Thought you'd be too old by now ;)

#46 Posted by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles.

#47 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18912 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles definitely.

The fight would probably go like this

No Caption Provided

#48 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18912 posts) - - Show Bio

He also did it to venom.

#49 Posted by samconery (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade has this

#50 Posted by HigorM (8935 posts) - - Show Bio

@giliad_: I'm here now, I was here before and will continue to be around to the end of times.