Battle of the Week: MCU vs DCEU

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week: MCU vs DCEU (238 votes)

Team MCU 43%
Team DCEU 52%
Too close to call 5%

Team MCU

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Team DCEU

No Caption Provided

With endgame releasing 2 weeks ago as well as the releases of Shazam and Captain Marvel earlier in the yearr, we decided to have an all LA battle.

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear. IW Thor, Worthy Cap with Shield, Endgame Iron Man and Captain Marvel. Current Versions for the DCEU Team.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the votes aren't going how they should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads.

• 
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#201 death4bunnies  Moderator

@boc said:

You only need WW and Superman to beat this team.

Really you only need Superman.

Oh come on, Thor + Carol can definitely beat Superman.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: If speed were to be equalized, for sure. But as it stands, they really can't.

Everyone of his punches sends his enemy flying away, so he wouldn't necessarily be fighting them both at once. He would punch one away (as usual) then either chase them or hit the other one. They don't have the speed to keep up with that. It would just take a while because they are pretty durable.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: He doesn't fight that way in character though and he dies if he tries to tank Stormbreaker...

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amonfire1776: What do you mean that's not how he fights? He practically always punches his enemy far away and chases after them. The only time he didn't was against the JL (when he wasn't in his right frame of mind) but even then, he bfr'd Aquaman twice in that fight.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@boc said:

@death4bunnies: If speed were to be equalized, for sure. But as it stands, they really can't.

Everyone of his punches sends his enemy flying away, so he wouldn't necessarily be fighting them both at once. He would punch one away (as usual) then either chase them or hit the other one. They don't have the speed to keep up with that. It would just take a while because they are pretty durable.

I think Carol can keep up with Superman.

She was outpacing spaceships and dodging their energy blasts at speed.

Here she punches though a city sized ship pretty fast

What would you put that kinda reaction time at?

She also carried a spaceship lightyears in about 24 hours

Also Carol isnt pretty durable, she is insanely durable.

She has her own nuke level feat.

In the Captain Marvel movie she no sold a dozen Kree warheads that were repeatedly stated to have the capability to wipe life off of a planet.

Now I know that statements alone dont stand alone(even tho the BvS nuke is almost entirely predicated on a statement); so I offer the following evidence.

Here is the full scene.

Captian Marvel throws one warhead causing a chain reaction, she is in the epicenter for at least a few missiles before she exits the fireball.

Now the reason Id say this is about nuke level is the statements made on these missiles, plus the view of the explosion from Ronans ship.

From Ronans ship the explosion seems to be the size of a US State.

No Caption Provided

Now some have said this may be a exceptionally large fireball without much force behind it, and it would be hard for me to argue; which brings me to my next feat.

No selling a Armadas worth of Artillery from Thanos's ship the Sanctuary 2.

The artillery that CM flew through was clearly less of a explosive ordnance and more of a impact as seen by how they affected the ground they hit; the artillery also smoked clean through a leviathan then impacted the ground. Carol no sold 50 of these and was flying against their impact.

Here is a video showing the impact to the ground and a Leviathan with regards to this artillery.

No Caption Provided

These don't seem to be outliers as she has no-sold a headbutt from one of the MCU's strangest characters; in fact she doesn't really have any low showings, the only thing that has took her out so far was the power stone.

I guess my question is if Carol can no sell these impacts in this fashion, what would a DCEU Superman punch do to her?

-----------------------

I think Carol has shown a clear capability to grapple Superman, and I think a grapple between this two would leave a lot of opportunity for Thor to land a shot with Stormbreaker.

KingCarcosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman kills Carol. End of the story.

The MCU team would be completely doomed after that.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

I think Carol can keep up with Superman.

---

What would you put that kinda reaction time at?

In flight, I'd agree Carol could match Clark's speed (apart from her light speed). However, she's only been capable (to my knowledge) to dodge objects of high speeds when they come from a far distance. Similar to Iron Man. I don't think either of those characters have the feats to suggest they could react to mach speeds in a close range fight though. Moreover, Carol fights at regular speeds (probably above peak human) which is far from Superman's reaction. Resulting to him casually dodging her hits whilst landed his. This is similar to his fight with SW, who also had some pretty impressive reaction feats.

Also Carol isnt pretty durable, she is insanely durable.

She has her own nuke level feat.

I recall the thread you made and I gotta say, props for spotting that. I think it would just be similar to Clark's fights with other kryptonians. By that I mean lots of punches without any real damage being done. However, after a long fight, I'd assume Carol would go down first. For the fact that Superman is landing a lot more punches with superior striking power to hers.

In this fight between Carol and Clark, I don't see Thor doing much to be honest. As I said before, Superman tends to punch far and chase his enemies. Due to his assisted flight, I don't think Thor could properly keep up with these two. If Thor were to come close, Superman would likely bfr him as he did Aquaman in JL.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: Batman? Steppenwolf? He also tends to try and tank shots first then when they have exhausted themselves he then launches a finishing blow...only time he didn't was with the Kryptonians and the camp leader who directly threatened his family.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 death4bunnies  Moderator

@boc said:

@death4bunnies:

In this fight between Carol and Clark, I don't see Thor doing much to be honest. As I said before, Superman tends to punch far and chase his enemies. Due to his assisted flight, I don't think Thor could properly keep up with these two. If Thor were to come close, Superman would likely bfr him as he did Aquaman in JL.

I can respect that; tho if Superman hits Carol first she may no get BFR'd so easy.

The way she was flying through that artillery and not getting thrown back was pretty impressive.

If he hits Thor first, then I can see Thor being momentarily BFR'd, but he could still come back as Superman and Carol are struggling.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony solos

Thor solos

Carol solos

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team DCEU win this hands down

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor one shots everyone with Stormbreaker.

Superman dies first

Avatar image for deactivated-60f0e58a604c0
deactivated-60f0e58a604c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU wins the poll again.

They stomp.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Statues don't fight back

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b07e82b151
deactivated-5f8b07e82b151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could go either way.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0308d298b6
deactivated-60e0308d298b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worthy cap > Aquaman

Thor > Superman

CM < WW

Iron man > Shazam

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worthy cap > Aquaman

Thor > Superman

CM > WW

Iron man > Shazam

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By rajjarsalt

Why are mid tiers like Aquaman and WW here

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman would beat thanos 1v1. Not bad for a mid tier lol

What does that make Thor? Other than a statue of course

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MCU team.

Avatar image for deactivated-6492584c7b507
deactivated-6492584c7b507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team MCU.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

dceu

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman would beat thanos 1v1. Not bad for a mid tier lol

What does that make Thor? Other than a statue of course

Maxwell Lord begs to differ.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman can't even hurt Carol, let alone solo her, lol. Carol could take this fight to space and would shit stomp Clark. Thor could solo the rest.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ed112579360
deactivated-60ed112579360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DCEU Team

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By rajjarsalt

The explosion that killed the JL was colder than a nuclear reactor, wasn't it?

Thor one-shots

AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark solos y’all hate to hear it but he’s simply to fast same for Shazam, Darla basically a knock off flat out dodge lightning after it was fired at her from 25 feet they lolblitz this team he could also take Diana’s blade or Stormbreaker. Heat vision even if you want to deny on screen canon and low ball it saying it’s under 50k kelvin is stupidly lowballing when it has overheated kryptonian metal which heating point is 3.5M Kelvin

Superman solos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt said:

Thor one-shots

It rearranged molecules, correct? It would kill the Avengers too, lmao.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By rajjarsalt

@angeliccry said:

@rajjarsalt said:

Thor one-shots

No it was modeled after a nuclear test, the terraforming wave changed molecules but it didn't kill the people who got hit by it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt said:

@angeliccry said:

@rajjarsalt said:

Thor one-shots

No it was modeled after a nuclear test, the terraforming wave changed molecules but it didn't kill the people who got hit by it.

It still wasn't a nuke but much more powerful, since a nuke didn't even vape Superman, while the MB did

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Bayman007

@rajjarsalt: Maxwell Lord doesn't give a crap about Thanos's head rolling, which it does. Mid tier lol

OT: Team DCEU. They are too fast and powerful.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another win for Team DCEU.

Avatar image for deactivated-610a41edded34
deactivated-610a41edded34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman takes out Iron Man and Cap by himself, and the rest of the team could fight Thor and CM

RevivedGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man DCEU can't stop taking L's lmao. The better franchise with the stronger characters smoke that DCEU shitfest. Snyder simps running around like mad everywhere these days.

Reap_ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana let's Flash borrow her sword then he beheads everyone on MCU in a nano second. Or I guess Superman could borrow the sword too. Either way, too much speed this isn't really fair unless you equalize spped.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman takes out Iron Man and Cap by himself, and the rest of the team could fight Thor and CM

Superman takes out Iron man?? No sells meteors.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Survived this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinervvvvv: Different suit he has then in EG. Even then, nothing is saying he can take HV in the IW or AOE suit either. Does he have feats to take it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinervvvvv: Different suit he has then in EG. Even then, nothing is saying he can take HV in the IW or AOE suit either. Does he have feats to take it?

In EG He has his most powerful suit. Superman's HV??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinervvvvv: It states it's his most powerful suit when? And yes, does Iron Man have feats in that suit saying he can take HV?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeliccry: Most powerful suit cuz he did these: Pretty sure IM can tank superman's HV since he did these:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinervvvvv: Still doesn't suggest he can take a concentrated HV beam. That feat has nothing to with heat or high temps.

RevivedGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL imagine thinking some eye lasers are more powerful than a blast from the literal power stone. DCEU niggas are on fire lately, all cause Snyder made another shitty ass movie.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinervvvvv: Still doesn't suggest he can take a concentrated HV beam. That feat has nothing to with heat or high temps.

You good?????? His HV took few seconds to make a tank explode let alone melt lol. And check the gif above ^^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinervvvvv: His HV is 10,000k degrees, and this is the EG suit, so you have nothing to suggest he can take it or withstand it. Anyways, the DCEU team wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d22a069f2ea
deactivated-60d22a069f2ea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain marvel solos.