Edited 1 month, 11 days ago

Poll: Battle of the Week: MCU vs DCEU (170 votes)

Team MCU 41%
Team DCEU 53%
Too close to call 6%

Team MCU

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Team DCEU

No Caption Provided

With endgame releasing 2 weeks ago as well as the releases of Shazam and Captain Marvel earlier in the yearr, we decided to have an all LA battle.

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear. IW Thor, Worthy Cap with Shield, Endgame Iron Man and Captain Marvel. Current Versions for the DCEU Team.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the votes aren't going how they should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads.

#2 Posted by RBT (29244 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU. Too much speed on their side.

#3 Posted by Darthjhawk (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh this is gonna be lit. Get ready for the 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

#4 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

No Thanos tho? Damn. I guess DCEU team wins.

#6 Posted by eri123 (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU because Aquaman and Shazam are weak links.

#7 Posted by incursion2 (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and Shazam are the weak links on the DC team imo, I think the Marvel team would take it in a good fight.

#8 Posted by BOC (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU.

WW v Thor - WW gets my vote through superior speed, skill, gear, and electricity resistance. With enough strength and durability to contend.

Superman v Captain Marvel - Superman gets my vote through superior combat speed mostly. Both have incredible strength and durability as well as energy attacks.

Shazam v Iron Man - Debatable. At the very least I can say Shazam will manage until another teammate aids him. This is through incredible strength and durability despite his lack of experience.

Aquaman v Captain America - Debatable, leaning towards Captain America for me. Result is similar to the previous match-up.

I think with the proper teamwork, the DCEU team has the better ability to aid each other. Mostly through their superior speed. Added to that, I believe at least two of these characters can defeat their opponent alone. Now, the MCU team does have experience in fighting with these particular teammates. However, both Aquaman and Wonder Woman (and Superman to an extent) have displayed an excellent ability to cooperate with teammates they have just met.

#9 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (16443 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and Shazam are weak links, but DCEU team wins because of Superman.

#10 Posted by mrmonster (15923 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU

#11 Posted by FaradaySloth (10643 posts) - - Show Bio

Team DCEU low diff. Tony and Cap are major weak links even after Endgame. 4v2 won't be good for the other two. Thor obviously loses to Superman. And CM doesn't have the durability to survive a 4v1 like this.

Not sure why people are saying Aquaman and Shaam are weak links, they're surrounded by an ocean and only CM and Thor are going to hurt Shazam.

#12 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17049 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be entertaining.

Anyways, I'm backing DCEU.

#13 Edited by Lan_Fan (15977 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's combat speed is way too much for team MCU, he could carry his team, but his main job should be beating Thor who is the most powerful character in MCU team, and the trickiest one to beat. I believe Thor is straight up outclassed in combat speed, Superman would just blitz him. His only defense would be his lightning cloak, but it doesn't really have any impressive feat on this level, honestly. Once Clark hit Thor, it'd temporarily shut down his lightning cloak (happened in his fight against Hela), and Superman could just ragdoll him until he's knocked out. Anyone who won this match-up would solo the rests no problem, I'm heavily leaning towards Clark though.

Wonder Woman could beat Captain Marvel. Big claim, I know. While Carol completely outclasses Diana in strength, and durability, Diana completely outclasses Carol in combat speed. It might sound one-sided in Carol's favor, but it's actually not, due to Wonder Woman's defensive capability (which should allow her to survive anything Carol could dish out as long as she's fast enough to block), bracelet clash (which could knock away and stun high tiers), and her sword (which could one-shot Carol at any time). Her power set is perfect for fighting bricks with energy attacks, as long as her opponent isn't faster than her.

Worthy Captain America vs Aquaman, could go either way. it'd be pretty hard for Steve, because a metal armor could protect people against lightning strikes, believe it or not, because the lightning strike would flow through the armor instead of directly striking the victim. Combined with Arthur's energy resistance, it's unlikely that lightning strike would put him down for good. Arthur should be able to survive a few Mjolnir throw, just like he survived Superman's punch (with weaker armor). Once Arthur got close, he should be able to dominate with his trident. A weaker atlantean trident pierced Steppenwolf's armor, which in all honesty has better piercing resistance feat than MCU vibranium (gonna get crucified for this). Eventually, the trident would land at some point, and kill Steve. Or... alternatively, Steve would eventually overwhelm Arthur with blunt trauma. Should be easy if Arthur could summon Karathen, even her tentacles would be extremely useful. Also, Steve would not be able to make a quick work out of Arthur, so regardless of who would win, Superman could come to aid Arthur (by that, I mean solostomping), in any time after defeating Thor.

Shazam could stale Iron Man. I don't believe they could put each other down, so they would probably end up punching, and blasting each other until one of their teammates won, and decided to lend a hand. I'm betting on Superman, or Diana due to their combat speed.

Obviously, I'm siding with DCEU team. I bet MCU team is gonna win the poll though, no amount of arguments would change that.

#14 Posted by TonyMartial (9888 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark solos, no need for a long debate.

#15 Posted by Lan_Fan (15977 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh, as much as Arthur, and Shazam being weak links. Let's not forget that MCU team has IW Captain America with classic shield on their team.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43379 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman gives his team a solid win

#17 Edited by eri123 (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: This is Worthy Cap so he has Mjornir.

#18 Edited by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going with DCEU team here.

Superman vs captain marvel : Superman wins. Better speed and better striking feats.

WW vs Thor : Thor wins.

Shazam vs iron man : Shazam wins. He is faster than Tony and arguably more durable.

Aquaman vs captain America : Aquaman wins. Captain America has to hold the hammer to gain the power of Thor and there is no evidence to suggest that his durability is enhanced too.

But I am pretty sure DCEU team is not going to win the polls.

#19 Posted by tensor (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Lan_Fan (15977 posts) - - Show Bio

@eri123: Ay, thanks for pointing it out. Gonna edit my post.

#21 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by HERMES1220 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t think IM can put down Shazam tbh but Shazam is a little sad combat wise. I also think Cap and Aquaman would stalemate, although Aquaman’s durability is exponentially higher than his so he’s probably not going down.

DCEU team 6/10

#23 Posted by shirso (4642 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman solos

#24 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

No one on the DCEU side can hurt Carol. She's MVP with Thor being a close second.

Once they take out Clark the other 3 go down hard since they are all weak links compared to Clark.

Another decisive win for team MCU.

#25 Posted by Subline (8712 posts) - - Show Bio

Team DCEU takes it, Superman is clearly the strongest one here and should take Captain Marvel based on superior combat speed, strength, durability and other abilities like Heat Vision will be useful. Diana can still blitz Cap with her sword making for an easy kill, and then proceed to hold off Iron Man. I think it would be close and wouldn't conclude before Supes vs Carol does, and hence Supes can intervene and take out Iron Man. As for Thor he can take out Aquaman & Shazam and probably Diana but it will ultimately come down to Supes vs Thor, and Supes wins due to being way faster, I think IW Thor would have more of a chance than EG Thor.

Also, you put Infinity War in the OP instead of Endgame.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#26 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU handily.

#27 Posted by KalKent (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

Team DCEU comfortably.

#28 Posted by Amcu (17046 posts) - - Show Bio

Still comes down to whether you think Thor can beat Superman due to AOE or not. If he can he solos. If not Superman solos.

#29 Posted by Richubs (5758 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman solos

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#30 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12143 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman solos.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#31 Posted by termiteone4ever (12984 posts) - - Show Bio

So tell me how does the DCEU lose ? I dont see the MCU standing much of chance.

#32 Posted by g2_ (11942 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU

#33 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

In the comments only 3 people are saying team MCU would win and yet MCU has 41% votes. Why am I not surprised?

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#34 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17136 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can potentially solo.

#35 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU team with Superman MVP.

Superman VS Thor - Supes

CM VS WW - CM

Iron Man vs Shazam - Shazam (who I think is being heavily underrated here).

Worthy Cap VS Aquaman - leaning towards Cap especially if his durability and stats are increased.

#36 Posted by FaradaySloth (10643 posts) - - Show Bio

In the comments only 3 people are saying team MCU would win and yet MCU has 41% votes. Why am I not surprised?

Remember Movie Quality>>>>Feats

#37 Posted by TheVVitchKing (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU with Superman as MVP

#38 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12472 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy and Aquaman are close to useless here

#40 Posted by destinyman75 (15142 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam gets one shot then the numbers game for MCU

#41 Posted by nightgate (924 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by nightgate (924 posts) - - Show Bio

No one on the DCEU side can hurt Carol. She's MVP with Thor being a close second.

Once they take out Clark the other 3 go down hard since they are all weak links compared to Clark.

Another decisive win for team MCU.

No Caption Provided

#43 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightgate: that's the exact reaction all DCEU fantwinks give when they see Mach cones.

#44 Posted by FaradaySloth (10643 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam gets one-shotted but Captain America doesn't.

Ok.

#45 Posted by nightgate (924 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightgate: they don't have the amp the power stone gives.

#47 Posted by nightgate (924 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16443 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said, DCEU team wins, but come on, Worthy Cap would dominate Arthur in a fight.

#49 Posted by huthimamwa (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightgate: I think he's trying to say that because we've only seen the Power Stone actually hurt Carol, that means that an amp from the Power Stone is needed for anyone to hurt carol.

Which is of course absurd, but I believe thats what he's trying to say.

#50 Posted by Supermanthor (21418 posts) - - Show Bio