Battle of the Week: MCU Captain America vs Eggsy

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

emperorthanos-  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week: MCU Captain America vs Eggsy (81 votes)

MCU Captain America 63%
Eggsy 30%
Too Close to Call 7%

No Caption Provided

With Infinity War releasing next week, we decided to have one of the MCU Avengers in a battle this week. Here we have MCU Captain America taking on Eggsy from the Kingsman franchise.

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear. Live Action Versions for both.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the votes aren't going how they should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

• 
SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have to say cap due to stats as eggsy has great equitment.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'll get back to this later.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I'll say Cap takes this 6/10. Super Soldier serum puts him quite a few notches above Eggsy in lieu of physicals and he's used to fighting foes that have enhanced weaponry (Winter Soldier, Crossbones, etc..).

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm siding with Eggsy, but I'm interested in knowing whether he has the suitcase or the umbrella.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap has better physicals overall, but I'd argue Eggsy has shown much better reaction speeds, is more agile, skilled enough to hold his own, and has better gear. That 100 ft apart also gives Eggsy the initial advantage with his weaponry. I think Eggsy takes the small majority.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emperorthanos-  Moderator
TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What feats does Eggsy have?

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well let's start with Kingsman gear basics (sorry if this gets cluttered, but people might not otherwise click on this).

The first piece of gear that Eggsy should be carrying is:

No Caption Provided

The Kingsman pistol. It doubles as a shotgun for when they need that extra oomph, which he probably needs here to put Cap down. There's also the Kingsman suits, completely bulletproof but allow for some decent agility.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As you can see, small knives and conventional weaponry mean nothing to the likes of these suits. Eggsy doesn't get tagged by bullets as often as Harry does, but they're the same suits, so these feats should apply here. He also has:

• A Kingsman watch, with a flash, electric shots, and amnesia darts
  • A Kingsman ring, put it up on Cap and he gets 50,000 volts
  • A grenade-level lighter, with the feat found here
  • The boot neurotoxin for an easy takedown

He also has the umbrella:

No Caption Provided

In terms of speed, I'm just gonna C/P from a CaV:

Let me start with Eggsy's iffy feat:

No Caption Provided

This is up to voter interpretation. My personal breakdown of that feat is that Eggsy is running for cover and blocks a bullet with his gun. Simple.

However, one could argue Eggsy just moved the gun and the bullet hit the gun. This is fine, as I have more evidence for Eggsy being a bullet timer, but given that Eggsy had no reason whatsoever to move the gun to that position, I will stand by my calling it of bullet timing.

Up next is Eggsy's fight with Gazelle. The whole fight is linked and the breakdown for the fight can be found in my RT, linked above. However, for now, the most useful thing for my debate:

credit for GIF to @brucerogers
credit for GIF to @brucerogers

As you can see, Gazelle jumps out, fires at Eggsy once, the scene cuts to Eggsy himself who starts moving after the bullet was fired, then Gazelle fires three more shots. The GIF is slowed down a bit to see it all better, but it's definitely bullet timing. Gazelle herself isn't shabby either, bullet timing (or at the very least a very avid aim dodger). However, given how she more or less dominated Eggsy throughout their fight, it's more probable that she is indeed a bullet timer.

In terms of durability, I think he can take a few hits in CQC:

You can see that Eggsy takes some serious hits in the first two GIFs. That same robo-arm? A downgraded version was capable of casually overpowering both of Eggsy's regular arms. That same arm (upgraded one in the GIFs) sent a bowling ball flying through a wall with no sign of the bowling ball slowing down after being thrown.

Furthermore, Eggsy proceeded to have an extended fight against a highly skilled opponent shortly after in which he took even more hits. At the end of the day, he was perfectly fine.

I'll get to skill showings and why Eggsy wins later on, but between the boots, a grenade, and a gun, I'd say he's good for now.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way. Cap would destroy him H2H but with all that gear and the starting distance. It's tough for Steve to make it an H2H fight.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Eggsy. More skilled and his tactical thinking along with his advanced gear will give him the win.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100 feet is a long way but a city street is hardly lacking cover for Steve to use. Eggsy is a good marksman but he's still limited by his equipment, if for some reason Cap can no longer use cover he can just do this with his shield;

No Caption Provided

If that should fail Cap's suit is highly bullet resistant;

Avengers Initiative (2017)

...and Cap has already proven he can take a great deal of injury and push on. Due to Cap's ability to defend against gun fire it's a certainty this is coming to CQC, where he holds every advantage. Eggsy has some great durability feats from his fight with Charlie that mean he doesn't get stomped but nothing he has really proves he's a serious threat, at best he gets the Batroc treatment.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@supremegeneration: If you can drop the gifs of Eggsy jumping through the electric lasso, and the times he’s accurately fired his gun while midflip/grappling people. People need to see how his agility is good enough to by pass Caps shield.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eggsy should win

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap but it's close.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: If you can drop the gifs of Eggsy jumping through the electric lasso, and the times he’s accurately fired his gun while midflip/grappling people. People need to see how his agility is good enough to by pass Caps shield.

That'll have to be tomorrow, I'm on Xbox lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eggsy, he's just way too skilled and has gear to compensate for Cap's shield.

Both are really skilled, i'd say Eggsy takes it 6/10 with the gear and distance. The grenade can be really helpful to maybe use it as a decoy and then attack Cap.

And since this is a random encounter, Cap won't know about the umbrella or other equipments from Eggsy, which will give him the edge to use everything to deal lots of damage.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap stomps. Eggsy can't really keep up speed wise if we're considering Panther's tie-in feats.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Eggsy in a great fight.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@amcu said:

Could go either way. Cap would destroy him H2H but with all that gear and the starting distance. It's tough for Steve to make it an H2H fight.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eggs due to superior skill, tactical thinking and good enough agility and mobility to close in on Cap and take him down from the inside. He's also got a looser set of morals which is sure to help him out in this scenario.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eggsy

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 owie  Moderator

Cool fight...I'd say Cap in a straight fight, but as others have noted the gear and starting distance make this lean in Eggsy's favor.

I'd probably think of more arguments in his favor, but the horridness of that second movie melted my memory of his feats right out of my brain.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eggsy

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caps shield is going to be really useful here. Eggsy gear is pretty much get this done for him.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28 krisbishop  Moderator

100 feet is a long way but a city street is hardly lacking cover for Steve to use. Eggsy is a good marksman but he's still limited by his equipment, if for some reason Cap can no longer use cover he can just do this with his shield;

No Caption Provided

If that should fail Cap's suit is highly bullet resistant;

...and Cap has already proven he can take a great deal of injury and push on. Due to Cap's ability to defend against gun fire it's a certainty this is coming to CQC, where he holds every advantage. Eggsy has some great durability feats from his fight with Charlie that mean he doesn't get stomped but nothing he has really proves he's a serious threat, at best he gets the Batroc treatment.

This.

Very good fight though.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Greysentinel365

@buildhare: Feel free to lengthen that gif a sec to when Cap is shot

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365:

I think everyone is aware he got tagged, thing is Bucky was only able to achieve that by firing with two guns at different points. Steve got hit because he blocked the shots at his upper body, he couldn't cover his hip at the same time. Pretty obvious Eggsy isn't capable of replicating that here.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Apocofist

Extremely close but I'd give Eggsy the win due to superior agility, reaction speed, his in-character aiming for the head and surprising blunt-force durability.

Here in the fight vs. Agent Whiskey, he goes straight through the loop incredibly fast at 0:25

Loading Video...

And I was gonna post the poppyland scene as well as the storming of Valentine's lair but I think previous post have covered that.

Overall though this scene was a great showcase of not just his combat prowess but as well as his speed and agility.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Cap wins.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_red_viper  Moderator

I can see Cap winning. Eggsy might very well go for a close-quarters fight himself from the get-go given his morals and gentleman's honor since Cap has no ranged weapon himself. Same as he put a hand behind his back when fighting one-handed Charlie.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on what was shown for Eggsy Cap wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends how much cover there is. If there's none, eggsy prolly wins. But with it cap has a good shot

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By slimj87d

Steve should take this and he should take it quite easily.

People forget that Captain America's uniforms are bullet proof.

The one from the Smithsonian museum was obviously not a real shield or Avengers issued BDU.It was a museum replica.

That being said, from my memory Tequila was able to beat Eggsy H2H quite easily. I don't see why Cap can't repeat the same thing.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/are-mcu-captain-americas-suits-made-of-kevlar-1900528/?page=1#js-message-19266014

http://www.slashfilm.com/interview-joe-and-anthony-russo-captain-america/

"The other thing was, we didn’t want him in any kind of fabrics or … the suit to us is made of Kevlar, it’s bullet-proof, that’s it’s job. It’s supposed to keep him from getting shot, so it has to have a real functionality."

https://geektyrant.com/news/exclusive-interview-with-captain-america-2-directors-the-suit-science-and-the-symbol

"It’s a covert suit for covert operations. But also it was important to us that the suit be functional and not a costume. Its job is to stop bullets from killing him, so it’s made of Kevlar, that's the material that’s on the suit, so that’s its job."

http://www.clotureclub.com/2014/04/our-interview-with-the-directors-of-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-anthony-joe-russo/

We redesigned his costume to make sure that it looked like Kevlar. It’s a uniform, it’s not a costume. It’s functional. Its purpose is to stop bullets from killing him.

http://www.cinelinx.com/interviews/item/6343-directors-joe-anthony-russo-discuss-captain-america-the-winter-soldier.html

Again, with everything based in realism, we wanted the costume to be Kevlar-based. We wanted to make sure that the costume had a very functional purpose. That way, when he wears it and you look at him in it, you say “Oh, that’s to stop bullets. I understand.”

TorikoWONTDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw infinity war. Cap stomps effortlessly.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#40 owie  Moderator

The more I think about it the more I see Cap winning. His proven reaction speed is probably lower than Eggsy's, but his travel speed is way greater, and may imply a higher reaction speed than has been seen in specific feats. Even if Eggsy's reaction speed is greater, I don't think it's going to help much in melee. Meanwhile Cap's strength and durability advantage are significant. The feat of Eggsy taking slams from the bionic arm guy are good points, but if those were direct hits to the face? And Eggsy's own strikes are not gong to be enough to put him down. He's skilled, but Cap's durability is just too much. So Eggsy is going to rely pretty much entirely on gear to take Cap out.

And Cap has shown himself to be pretty good at blocking oncoming attacks of all sorts with his shield. He could basically just run in, blocking as he goes, and bullrush him with the shield. Or, he could throw the shield and have a decent (not absolute) chance of hitting, especially with ricochets. I mean, this is some impressive accuracy: hitting multiple targets and grabbing it from a predicted new position on his motorcycle, hitting three guys in a row by ricocheting off each other, he even hits Ultron by ricocheting/kicking it off his own foot. If he misses, the shield comes back with the magnetic thingy. Eggsy could attack while he's without the shield, but Cap can still dodge prety well, and Eggsy would also be busy dodging while the shield is out of his hands. Even if he gets hit, he can probably continue rushing in, as he did against Winter Soldier.

So it probably comes down to melee after all. Eggsy's gear here does help--that poisoned toe blade would take Cap out, and he could luck out with the ring too. But at the same time, Cap can be damn dangerous using that shield as a melee weapon, not just blocking but striking--one hit with the shield and Eggsy is out. I think Cap would just overwhelm him in the majority of fights, with Eggsy taking a respectable minority with his gear.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By blackpantherisb

@webinyoureye11 said:

Depends how much cover there is. If there's none, eggsy prolly wins. But with it cap has a good shot

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd side with Cap for a majority. Although, Eggsy has better equipment, Steve's physicals and the use of the shield should make up for it and make most of Eggsy's gear useless. Plus if it came down to it, in raw hand to hand, Steve would stomp.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eggsy is not beating IW Cap. That dude actually staggered Thanos and gave Corvus whose physicals (strength, durability, reflexes) are LEAGUES above Eggsy one hell of a fight even while super exhausted (Cap just took on an army of superhuman)

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ldm: after infinity war in which tier do you rank MCU Cap ? the outriders were better than chitauri or dceu parademons?

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LDM

@mexcomics2078: The Outriders are definitely above the Parademons and Chitauri. I would rank Cap and most street levellers in Infinity War a tier of two above what they previously were. The street leveller that got the biggest upgrade in the physical and skill department is Widow for sure. Her showings against Proxima made her above Bobbi/May level imo

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ldm: thanks. does M'Baku and okoye get Better feats too? what about spiderman? sorry for the questions im just to excited for this movie

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LDM

@mexcomics2078: Spidey’s best feats without the suit have alredy shown in the trailer. With it, he seemed to hit harder, much more durable and new gears like Spider legs. Okoye took on Proxima together with Widow. Proxima is the superhuman who can no-sold being thrown through cars by Wanda, no-sold the force from a high fall, nearly overpowered Wanda’s telekinesis which has insane feats in this movie. M’Baku has no new feats.