emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emperorthanos-  Moderator
No Caption Provided

A Marvel vs DC battle again this week between two powerful Teambusters. As Gorr the God Butcher takes on Larfleeze

Rules

• Current versions for both characters
  • Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr easily.

They are not even in the same league, Larfleeze would lose to Silver Surfer, let alone Gorr.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: These are getting lowkey uncreative. IIRC, Larfleeze is being used for the second time. Anyway, what i wanted to ask you is if there's any restrictions against using Anime and Manga in these matchups? Because there's a lot of interesting matches in that area that could be done here as well.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By laughingbatman

Larfleeze has the entire power of a corps and was able to enslave Brainiac, as well as the GLC and Sinestro Corps. He then fought the entirety of the GLC and SCorps, along with White Lantern Rayner. The only reason he was "defeated" is because they started destroying his possessions and he let them go.

I give Larfleeze the win here.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shirso

Most likely Gorr. Larfleeze can't really hurt him with energy projection and his constructs army are countered by Gorr's own shadow minions. Gorr is also physically tougher and has the Necro Sword.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9 darthjhawk  Moderator

Don't know enough about either to give a solid response. Would like to see arguments from both sides.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator
@hittheassasin said:

@emperorthanos: These are getting lowkey uncreative. IIRC, Larfleeze is being used for the second time. Anyway, what i wanted to ask you is if there's any restrictions against using Anime and Manga in these matchups? Because there's a lot of interesting matches in that area that could be done here as well.

how?, you could have said that for the previous BOTW but this isn't really a common match up at all. Larfleeze was used over a year ago so I don't see why he can't be used again. And on to your second point, no there isn't a restriction but most of us find it better to just use characters that originate from comics. But if you have a battle to suggest there is a thread for that.(Of course DBZ is not allowed and Naruto is way too problematic at the moment.)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Gorr.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@shirso said:

@emperorthanosl: Where are the poll options btw?

No more polls ever since the Batman vs Cap thread. We just count the votes now

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darthjhawk  Moderator

@emperorthanos: If you don't mind me asking, what makes Naruto problematic right now, I've seen in the past that you don't like to debate against them either?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfcb5e372b3
deactivated-59dfcb5e372b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Larfleeze has more raw power and versality than Gorr does so I'm going with him.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos: If you don't mind me asking, what makes Naruto problematic right now, I've seen in the past that you don't like to debate against them either?

Have you not seen any of threads?

Well it's not just me everyone agreed on it. Some still want to keep BOTW strictly comics.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooowww, interesting fight. Slightly leaning towards Larfleeze ?

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

@emperorthanos: I have no problem with it being just comics, I was just curious. And the only recent thread I've seen was that whole Light Fang stuff, but didn't know there were others that bad.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Larfleeze is good but Gorr should win after long interesting fight

Avatar image for deactivated-5a694c5def8ac
deactivated-5a694c5def8ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are thin on quantifiable feats. Larfleeze seems more powerful but it's true he hasn't replicated his showing from his first appearance where he fought all the Guardians with just constructs.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cable_Extreme

I am not super educated in either of them, wish I could say more.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Larfleeze 7/10, in a super interesting fight.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Could go either way tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I never understood why people rate Larfleeze so high, I'll wait and see for some arguments

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@shirso said:

Most likely Gorr. Larfleeze can't really hurt him with energy projection and his constructs army are countered by Gorr's own shadow minions. Gorr is also physically tougher and has the Necro Sword.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 emperorthanos-  Moderator

I guess I'll provide an argument for Larfleeze at some point.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mysticmedivh

They're both meh.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Larfleeze

jc9865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Larfleeze

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never understood why people rate Larfleeze so high, I'll wait and see for some arguments

Not much of a GL Fan, but from my understanding Larfleeze is as powerful as an entire corps all by himself. His constructs are, if I remember, people he killed using his Orange Light. As such, his corps is essentially unstoppable since they aren't real people and can't be killed so long as he simply isn't unconscious. If I remember correctly the Blue Lanterns are his only weakness (and only in so much as they cause him to not feel such insatiable greed/hunger.)

@shirso said:

Does Gorr have the Necro Sword? I thought Loki had it, or it was simply destroyed or something? Or Thor has it somewhere?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gorr

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Gorr was the original wielder of the sword.

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nima_

Interesting....still waiting to see why Larfleeze is easily above Silver Surfer and Thanos, like many, many, many have said. Not saying he isn't, but I would like to actually see something quantifiable and consistent.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gorr

He beat 3 Thors one of which is a skyfather who took on Galactus and was a casual planet buster

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nima_ said:

Interesting....still waiting to see why Larfleeze is easily above Silver Surfer and Thanos, like many, many, many have said. Not saying he isn't, but I would like to actually see something quantifiable and consistent.

@emperorthanos faced larfleeze using Thanos in a CaV and larfleeze won. That's for me personally.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 emperorthanos-  Moderator

bump I guess.

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol no offense but bow does larfleeze contend here? Other then fans of his without anything to back it up that is. Post #23 shreds any chance for larfleeze. Gorr may well make him a Herald

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr. Never found Larfreeze as powerful as Thanos.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

There should be room for debate considering this match up was a topic for a CAV but as much as I regard Larfleeze on the teambuster tier, Gorr has been shown to be more impressive in general. So I do feel he should be able to win.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Gorr

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By shirso

For people complaining that Larfleeze is weak:

The character's main gimmick is that he has an entire Lantern corps stored within his ring. You know how powerful a random GL is, now put the entire power of a whole corps of them under one guy, and you get Larfleeze. Like all other Lanterns, Larfleeze also fights mostly using his constructs, but the difference is that just 2-3 constructs of his can stomp GL tier characters and can even tangle with Guardians (who are low end teambusters in their own right). These constructs can absorb energy and fight on their own. That's the sole reason why Fleeze is held in such high regard, because he literally commands an entire army of GL level characters.

Tbh, as somebody else said as well, his best showings were in the Agent Orange arc where he made his debut. He teambusted a small army of GL's (including elite ones like Jon Stewart) and Guardians and had the upper hand against a Hal Jordan wielding both Blue and Green Rings at the same time.

He never seemed that powerful after that. He spent most of Blackest Night goofing around, and though he has some nice showings in the N52, they are all against Lantern Corps members, who are generally not as powerful as their Pre 52 counterparts.

He does lose here though. Gorr has skyfather tier durability and an extremely potent weapon which would likely one shot Fleeze. Gorr is just above herald teambusting tier.

How does Larfleeze stack up to someone like say, Thanos? In a fight I'd back Thanos, the Titan is more versatile, has immense energy projection to destroy the constructs, and is a lot more brutal. But they are generally comparable, and Fleeze would still give him hell.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gorr