Battle of the Week: Kraven vs Blade

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

emperorthanos-  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week: Kraven vs Blade (53 votes)

Kraven 38%
Blade 58%
Too Close to Call 4%
No Caption Provided

For this week battle we go back to street tier after a while with Kraven the Hunter taking on Blade

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear. 616 Versions for both
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the votes aren't going how they should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads.

And Thank You to @originalcaptain for suggesting the battle on the BOTW Suggestions thread. If you have any suggestions for the BOTW that thread is the place to go.

• 
SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade stomps

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

think Blade takes it due to Vampiric abilities, as from that? Blade still wins........

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kraven

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kraven wins this. Deals with much more powerful characters than Blade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hmm, cool match up. I'd back Blade in a long fight.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Blade, he has every advantage. Only thing Kraven may have is durability, but not by much.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade wins. He has the stat advantage, weaponry advantage and a decent healing factor to soak up some of Kraven's damage.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

Blade wins. He has the stat advantage, weaponry advantage and a decent healing factor to soak up some of Kraven's damage.

^

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kraven wins this. Deals with much more powerful characters than Blade.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade wins

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Blade in a good fight.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll back Blade. In terms of strength, the two have fairly similar feats across the board and they have similar performances against Spider-Man. Now before someone mentions Blade's fight vs Spidey in Marvel Team-Ups Vol 2. #7(scans below), the clash is generally brief and Peter was bloodlusted while Blade wasn't even trying to fight, rather talk to him:

There's also their other fight where Blade lands a solid punch and kick on a vampiric Spider-Man, disabling him long enough to shoot his knees:

Blade #1

Even if there is any disparity in strength towards either side, I doubt it'd be large. But speed is an advantage that Blade has. He's casually dodged a barrage bullets, despite being shot in the leg a moment prior, tagging and dodging Spitfire, noting he's capable of slitting the Punisher's throat before Frank even thinks about shooting, and of course a plethora of bullet-timing feats against expert marksmen(like Deadpool, for example).

Blade's weapons also offer him better chances in CQC and more options. And on top of all of that, he has a pretty nifty healing factor, which allowed him to shrug off getting shot in the back of the head:

Marvel Team Up #8

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade in a good fight. The way he clowned & stomped Deadpool recently was beyond impressive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Blade.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade wins.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade. kraven is good and could even pull a win 2/10 but blade would take the solod majority.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I wanted to say Kraven but Blade seems to be the superior of the two. He has better strength and speed and his weapons are more favoured towards CQC than Kraven's who has more traps and ranged gear in his arsenal. It'd be a good fight though.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 owie  Moderator

I don't have time for a lengthy argument. But I will go with Kraven. My CAV with @major_hellstrom (which has no votes yet by the way!) convinced me that Kraven is not to be messed with. His strength, speed, skill, and durability are significant, and he's got great gear. Plenty of poison and gas options. He is capable of fighting Venom fairly well even if he lost, not to mention Spidey, Cap, etc. You can see the CAV for Kraven's feats. Blade would give him a great fight, but I'd put Kraven on top.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@owie: I'll give that cav a read

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade in a good fight. The way he clowned & stomped Deadpool recently was beyond impressive.

Can you post that showing?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Blade